Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyliesMom View Post
I fell 75 short... due to deciding to go to the beach with DD to catch some rays and get myself into this century and go get an I phone! I downloaded the *** App - YEAH what a GREAT tool! I also did a cheat :-( Went to red lobster and had a Cheddar Bay Biscuit... Boy oh Boy did I suffer! My old panic attacks came right back into full force.. interesting.... Anyway I am back on track today and excited about my lunch =) I brough a nice avocado and some procutto to wrap around it... yummy! Dinner will be a fast to get rid of the Nasty Wheat that is still hanging around in my system!

I need to lose 2.5 lbs by Thursday... don't think I am gonna make it but hey I am close!

****note the new challenge in my siggy line****
I see that challenge, Missy. I'm back to attempting 500. Speck doing good on hers. I decided that every time I enter kitchen I will do 5 squats. Now, to get into that habit.

Prosciutto, huh? Drooling over here. Lenten challenge ends Friday. Prosciutto on menu Saturday
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #422
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Kim it sounds like you had a major gluten and/or insulin reaction to that bread. Bummer.

I will take that challenge, but I'm going to be majorly busy the next week so might not post it until next weekend.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
I'm still here. The kids are on spring break this week. (which means 4-6 hours of practice/work out a day, but no school they do have today and the weekend completely off)

I am still mostly eating okay. I did eat junk food with the kids one day this past week and woke up feeling like garbage the next day. Maybe that is a good thing to remind me before the Easter Bunny shows up.
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: afcgirl
WOE: Southbeach/Atkins
Start Date: February 22, 2004
Are low carb tortillas allowed on Primal? TIA
afcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #425
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellydawne View Post
I'm still here. The kids are on spring break this week. (which means 4-6 hours of practice/work out a day, but no school they do have today and the weekend completely off)

I am still mostly eating okay. I did eat junk food with the kids one day this past week and woke up feeling like garbage the next day. Maybe that is a good thing to remind me before the Easter Bunny shows up.
Yes, we are also on spring break. I just got back from being out of town last night. I didn't do soooo bad, but did indulge in some chips with home-made salsa and a couple of Easter themed sugar cookies. And some other assorted junk food while traveling. Glad to be home and get back to normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afcgirl View Post
Are low carb tortillas allowed on Primal? TIA
Not really because of the wheat and soy and other undesirable ingredients. I would suggest a flax wrap instead, as in here Wheat Belly Flaxseed Wrap Recipe
They are really good. I suggest adding some salt to the recipe.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

Challenge Over

The Lenten Primal Challenge Begins..NOW

Whew. It's over. Only so-so about it. Don't know what I would do differently. I guess we did better than 80% each day, at least 90% of the time

Doing some re-evaluating on some pantry items. When I ran out of chocolate, I ran out and that was it. Bought some yesterday. I had to--It's easter FGS.Oh, and gotta go get a handful of trail mix.

Which reminds me--Have a lovely day and Happy Passover *should that apply*.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #427
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Easter, Mamasooze. I think you did great in your challenge in any case.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:05 AM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KyliesMom
Stats: 180/185/135
WOE: Atkins with eventual trans to Paleo
Start Date: 7/23/14
I have a confession.... I have been MIA the last week because I feel off the wagon with Easter =( I have eaten everything from Easter Bread to Donuts... and now I just feel like Ugggghhhhh I want my Grain Free feeling back so here I am back on the cow ( hehehe) today! I guess Holiday's would be easier if I didn't have to cook for the rest of my family - lol.

Today's menu:

Breakfast
Coffee and Spinach Souffle ( Spinach baked with spices sprinkled with cheese)

Snack - Harb Boiled Egg

Lunch: 4 small Meatballs in Sauce

Dinner: Chicken Burgers - mine with Avocado on a lettuce leaf....

Please don't beat me up too bad and oh I need to get back on my squat challenge - how is everyone else doing????
Old 04-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #429
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Checking back in with a fresh start today!
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:47 AM   #430
Senior LCF Member

Portia
KyliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:48 AM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

I finished my Lenten Challenge last week...did ok. But I'm trying to jumpstart my weight loss. Have been in stall and decided to commit to JUDD for at least two weeks. I will be staying as paleo/primal on my Up Days. A little harder on Down Days but the two diets seem to work well together. I still will be grain free, sugar free, white rice, pasta and potato free, etc. as all give me raging heartburn sssssoooo...Hopefully this will give me the push I need to get to goal (155-about 15-20lbs) and can come back and maintain by eating paleo/primal.

No problems over holidays. Ate lots of shrimp and crawfish. Avoided the potatoes and corn.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:50 AM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
Happy Easter, Mamasooze. I think you did great in your challenge in any case.
Thanks Speck! I did OK. No complaints. Hope you had a good Easter!
Old 04-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #433
Senior LCF Member

MAMA... I do fasts everyother night I stop eating at 3 have you tried intermittant fasting? Some do it for a day others like me certain meals... I guess that would kind of be like JUDD... Are you still doing nuts? Nuts make me gain...
Old 04-12-2012, 07:58 AM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyliesMom View Post
MAMA... I do fasts everyother night I stop eating at 3 have you tried intermittant fasting? Some do it for a day others like me certain meals... I guess that would kind of be like JUDD... Are you still doing nuts? Nuts make me gain...
I'm not any good at fasting. Tried and failed too many times. I "do" nuts by way of my paleo trail mix--one serving *1.25 oz* is 170 calories and 3 carbs. Of course I only get to do that every other day now.

I ran out of trail mix in the middle of my Lenten Challenge and didn't have any for nearly 3 weeks. Did not gain, but did not lose either. STALL.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Hummm I can't do nuts at all :-(

Mark suggests maybe doing sprints... helps to Lower My Bodyweight Set-Point
Old 04-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #436
Blabbermouth!!!

I find JUDDD down days easier to do primal than up days. I cave too often on up days because I can eat whatever I want on JUDDD. It's usually only the weekends I do this though. Guess that's not too bad. JUDDD works when I work it right. But I've been slacking.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #437
Senior LCF Member

Speck you are doing AWESOME on your Squats! Are you feeling a difference yet? I don't think I am going to make the 1,000 but I hope to be more than the 500 from last month.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #438
Blabbermouth!!!

hey, Kim, thanks! Yah, I do feel a difference. I've worked up from 25 to 50 with no problems and everything in my legs and behind is firmer. It's amazing how quickly they work. I've been doing pushups, too. Still on my knees, but very challenging for me nonetheless. Anyway, I've worked my way up from being able to do just 5 to 10. My biceps are already noticeably firmer. Now I just need to work in planks, sprints and get a pull up bar
Old 04-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #439
Senior LCF Member

The sprints are suppose to make a HUGE difference in appetite... Not sure why... and it's suppose to kill the sweet tooth craving(that's me!)

Tomorrow at 7:00 (on my day off) I am hitting the Farmers Market for Organic Produce and Fresh eggs (not for human consumption - hahaha) DD is spending the night at a friends house so that free's my morning up! Maybe I will try sprinting... my Pepsi tooth is back STRONG!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #440
Blabbermouth!!!

Our farmer's market is tomorrow, too. I won't have time to get there this week though. It's supposed to rain anyway.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:33 AM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Hey I jumped on the scale this morning and I am down 3 pounds!!! YEAH

What ya eatin' today?

B - Hard Boiled Egg and Sweet Potato Hash (see paleo recipe's it's YUMMY)
S- Probably Nothing
L - Not sure until I go to farmers market
D- I think I am going to do Greek Meatballs and dipping sauce along with what ever veggie I pick up today

I'm so happy my little binge didn't last phew....
Old 04-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #442
Senior LCF Member

OMG I got the cutest little brussel sprouts from the market today along with yellow zucchini (never saw yellow before)

Dinner tonight -

Steaks w/ a nice horseradish pineapple sauce along with Bacon Braised Brussels (yummy) DD tells me the house stinks right now but I think it smells DELISH!
Old 04-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #443
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey primal people!
Tonight we're having Paleo Indian Beef over quinoa. This is my first experience with quinoa. I know there's some debate about quinoa, and it certainly is NOT low carb, but I take one one day "off" of low carb each week and thought I'd give it a go.

Kim, I LOVE Brussels sprouts. I am the only one in my family who does. I've had the yellow zukes, but didn't care as much for their flavor. I've got 5 (yes five!!) zucchini plants growing in my garden. It's a good thing I love the stuff because it will be coming out of every corner in a couple months.

Egads. I have to do an average of 44 squats every single day the rest of the month to meet the challenge. I will do it!!
Old 04-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Speck YUMMY... Oh I hope I don't hate them also.... They were also selling the flowers fried... yes FRIED that's just weird - it wasn't at the Organic booth though it was a little ways down.

Question - I bought 3 pears - I don't like cold fruit - weird I know - but how do you poach pears? Can we do it Primal/Paleo?
Old 04-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #445
Blabbermouth!!!

Fried flowers. Odd. lol
All the poached pears I'm aware of are poached in red wine, which is primal approved!
Let's see if I can dig something up... check this out Paleo Digest
Old 04-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Fried flowers. Odd. lol
All the poached pears I'm aware of are poached in red wine, which is primal approved!
Let's see if I can dig something up... check this out Paleo Digest
The fried zuch/squash leaves are quite a delicacy here in the southwest. A lot of people raise the squash just for the flowers. And we love our yellow squash here-I assume that is what you are talking about. Yellow stuff as versatile as green. Much sweeter. Have a boatload of yellow squash recipes.

Did poached pears for a party one time. Used a a sparkling white wine- prosecco- for poaching. Added a bit of mint. When the pears got soft I served with a pineapple sherbet scoop and drizzle honey. Yumm.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey primal people!
Tonight we're having Paleo Indian Beef over quinoa. This is my first experience with quinoa. I know there's some debate about quinoa, and it certainly is NOT low carb, but I take one one day "off" of low carb each week and thought I'd give it a go.

Kim, I LOVE Brussels sprouts. I am the only one in my family who does. I've had the yellow zukes, but didn't care as much for their flavor. I've got 5 (yes five!!) zucchini plants growing in my garden. It's a good thing I love the stuff because it will be coming out of every corner in a couple months.

Egads. I have to do an average of 44 squats every single day the rest of the month to meet the challenge. I will do it!!
Love my Brussels sprouts and trying to grow some *fear it's too hot now* but once summer is upon us I Usually drop those suckers faster than you can say "Squat!". So many other veggies to get to

Trying to stick to a paleo/JUDD. I feel I'm doing only so so since I have commitments (family, dinner/lunch clubs and church) to meet and have a hard time what's up and what's down. That sounds like Dr. Seuss doesn't it? Have a down day tomorrow and think I can do the less than 500. It will be fairly low carb and as natural as I can make it

I love love love quinoa. I make a Mexican quinoa salad that kicks butt. I make it for our regular 4th of July get together.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #448
Blabbermouth!!!

I really liked the quinoa. Even my kids ate it and they are just about the pickiest people I know. My husband was "meh" about it. Primally speaking, though, we'd probably do just as well to have white rice, no?
I've been eating according to JUDDD rotations since October and I made the mistake ONCE to eat higher carb. It was so bad. I eat more Primal on my down days than my up days. On up days I tend to have low carb bread subs (like tortillas or pitas) once or twice a week, and then we go out to eat a couple times a month and I don't hold back. Otherwise, the two plans mesh really well. I lost really well at the beginning of JUDDD and was only having 3 down days a week (MWF), plus a "free for all" day on Saturday and the much maligned "medium day" on Sundays. It did work. Consider that for your life schedule.
I haven't had much success with weightloss overall, though. It's not JUDDD failing, it's me. I seem to "freak out" when I see a new low and essentially sabotage myself. I need to get serious about losing weight again.

Last edited by Speck333; 04-14-2012 at 08:20 PM..
Old 04-15-2012, 05:13 AM   #449
Senior LCF Member

Being Paleo... I'm grain free so quinoa is out for me but it sounds interesting.. I have to share my EXCITEMENT

Last night was the 1st night I was able to sleep without Zantac in over a YEAR

I don't know if it's because I started Acupuncture or because of the diet - but I don't care! I just HOPE I can stay Zantac Free
Old 04-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #450
Blabbermouth!!!

That's awesome about your sleep. I have sleep problems, too. Zantac is for heartburn though, right? If you didn't need it, that's almost certainly related to the diet.

Quinoa is controversial among primal/paleo peeps. It's not really a grain, the way we think of other grains. It contains a complete protein and not as many antinutrients as grains. I won't eat it often, but I've heard so much about it, and I like to try new things.