Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaphile View Post
I cooked a TON yesterday to stock my fridge with quick snacks and meals. Meatballs with pine nuts and Moroccan spices, sausage patties, chicken breasts, hard-boiled eggs, and I don't know what else. Still more to do, but I'm putting it off until tomorrow - sick of my kitchen right now!
And she's offffffff.......hit the ground running
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rosaphile
Stats: 250/175/140
WOE: Primal low-carb
Start Date: December 2011
Hee hee - I am pretty gung ho about this! It just makes so much SENSE to me. Mark Sisson is my new favorite celebrity. (I still love you, Bill Shatner and George Takei and George Clooney. I just love Mark Sisson... more. )

Dinner tonight was YUM - I made an Italian sausage seasoning mix out of the Well Fed cookbook, and made meatballs using that with local pastured ground pork and an egg, some parmesan, and a little almond flour. Then I cooked some onions, plenty of green peppers and green beans, and put it all in spaghetti sauce (jarred, organic, I will probably make my own in future but wanted to use it up). Turned out great! Tomorrow I'm going to be prepping a lot of veggies for cooking and snacking, and making some veggie dip, plus making a big batch of chili (Chocolate Chili from Well Fed) and getting a squash casserole going (Velvety Butternut Squash, again from Well Fed). I am definitely getting my money's worth from this cookbook.
159# goal - Go to Cedar Point and ride ALL the rollercoasters
140# goal - Finally take riding lessons

rosaphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #363
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasooze View Post
Posted a mid week update for the Lenten Challenge. Still on track...food a little $ this week but will make it up next week.

The Lenten Primal Challenge Begins..NOW

Haven't been doing what I should as far as exercise lately. Between the rain and doing Gramma stuff, it seems to have gone out the window. I did do a couple of squats in kitchen the other day. Need to do 500 more before end of month

Hope everyone is keeping on. Dinner tonite is pulled pork (slow cooked) stuffed sweet taters. Can't quite figure out about the BBQ sauce for it. Will make my own using palm sugar I guess (Hubby doesn't care for my stevia). I'll figure it out. I always do
oooooo a squat challenge!!! I'll take that challenge! 500 squats by the end of March! I'm on it.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #364
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaphile View Post
Hee hee - I am pretty gung ho about this! It just makes so much SENSE to me. Mark Sisson is my new favorite celebrity. (I still love you, Bill Shatner and George Takei and George Clooney. I just love Mark Sisson... more. )

Dinner tonight was YUM - I made an Italian sausage seasoning mix out of the Well Fed cookbook, and made meatballs using that with local pastured ground pork and an egg, some parmesan, and a little almond flour. Then I cooked some onions, plenty of green peppers and green beans, and put it all in spaghetti sauce (jarred, organic, I will probably make my own in future but wanted to use it up). Turned out great! Tomorrow I'm going to be prepping a lot of veggies for cooking and snacking, and making some veggie dip, plus making a big batch of chili (Chocolate Chili from Well Fed) and getting a squash casserole going (Velvety Butternut Squash, again from Well Fed). I am definitely getting my money's worth from this cookbook.
Mark Sisson

You are making me hungry!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #365
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KyliesMom
Stats: 180/185/135
WOE: Atkins with eventual trans to Paleo
Start Date: 7/23/14
Wow You guys have some AMAZING information here... and I LOVE challenges! I am attempting to lose only 10 pounds by April 15... it should be totally doable right? I have been doing Paleo and not budging lately. I need some SERIOUS HELP... and I read someone here is doing a squat challenge? is it a real challenge????
KyliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #366
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyliesMom View Post
Wow You guys have some AMAZING information here... and I LOVE challenges! I am attempting to lose only 10 pounds by April 15... it should be totally doable right? I have been doing Paleo and not budging lately. I need some SERIOUS HELP... and I read someone here is doing a squat challenge? is it a real challenge????
Kim, welcome!

We can make it a real challenge! 500 squats by March 31. Starting today! There. Now it is a real challenge
Old 03-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
oooooo a squat challenge!!! I'll take that challenge! 500 squats by the end of March! I'm on it.
OMG! Pass the Triple Flex...Mama is doing SOME squats. Are you KWAZY Speck-tacular??? I pulled 500 (squats) out of my size 12 - closer to size 10 jeans as*.

HMM..I guess I'd rather squat than run....After my Princess Run at Disney I'll just stick to walking 5-10 K

Ok...I'll do best I can....yikes...CHALLENGE!!!

Last edited by mamasooze; 03-15-2012 at 04:51 PM..
Old 03-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #368
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, that's only 31.25 squats a day! YOU CAN DOOO EEEET!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Shedding 10 lbs-Should not be a problem *she said, sighing* In our house we did away with gooey yummy cheese this past August. Haven't missed it. The only dairy here is 24 oz. per week of Greek yogurt for breakfast or in recipes. At any rate, letting go of cheese led to a quick drop of weight in both of us. We use goat cheese and feta in our salads from time to time.

Best part of letting cheese go---budget.

Last edited by mamasooze; 03-15-2012 at 05:16 PM..
Old 03-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey, that's only 31.25 squats a day! YOU CAN DOOO EEEET!
Ack!!! You and your throw down now I'm challenged.

Officially opening up a can of squattin' whoop as*
Old 03-16-2012, 05:39 AM   #371
Senior LCF Member

You guys are ON! 500 squats by the end of the month.....
Old 03-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #372
Blabbermouth!!!

hahaha... Let the squat challenge BEGIN! I can get 25 in while brushing my teeth (kids are at school and I'm having a lazy day so far, not quite 11:30am here and I haven't showered yet but will soon.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #373
Blabbermouth!!!

OK, I did 35 squats! 465 to go!
Old 03-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

I did 20 (pant) today in kitchen and would have done more but was working in yard. Will do 40 tomorrow and will have balloon payment of 200 squats by end of month. Yikes!!!

Working it. Working it.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #375
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasooze View Post
I did 20 (pant) today in kitchen and would have done more but was working in yard. Will do 40 tomorrow and will have balloon payment of 200 squats by end of month. Yikes!!!

Working it. Working it.
balloon payment
Old 03-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Hey peeps... spent the day at a water park relaxing while DD and Friend ran around... just got back from grocery store and spending $212!!!!! and I basically bought no meat except for bison, an organic roaster and 2 small grass feed steaks... the rest was produce GEEZE! I need to watch the Lenten challenge closer.... urggg

Oh Squats will be later I did 45 yesterday and plan on doing another 45 tonight =)
Old 03-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #377
Blabbermouth!!!

I buy a months' worth of meat at Costco for that price. It's terrible that the good stuff (grass fed, etc) is so darned expensive. Consider growing a garden and/or visiting a farmer's market, ethnic store, or produce stand for your veggies. Usually the prices are better.

I thought summer was on its way here. But nooooo, cold, wind and rain today. Winter's last stand.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #378
Senior LCF Member

K challengers.... I did another 50 tonight YEAH...20% there =) DD kept telling your not doing that right mom... you need to do legs turned out for 20 then move them in a little and 20 then knees together for 20 ... then Up on your toes and do it all over again... geeze anyone want to borrow my gymnast for a while :-/
Old 03-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #379
Blabbermouth!!!

hahaha, that's cute. I just do the standard one's from the Primal Blueprint. I'm so dang sleepy today. I haven't done any yet. I think I'll get up and see how many I can do right now...
OK, I'm back. I did 35 squats! Then threw in 5 push ups for good measure. Woot woot.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:56 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Added 50 more this morning with my coach (dd12) she says Mom ramp it up... we can do that 500 by next Saturaday....wwwwhhhhhaaaattttt!
Old 03-18-2012, 06:12 AM   #381
Senior LCF Member

OK I just weighed in and I gained 2 lbs! waaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... I don;t want to gain! I guess I need to go back and revamp what I am eating somewhere... I am hoping it's water due to TOM which should be gone tuesday... I will re-weigh in then and see....

I am cutting the dried fruits and nuts... but I am having a hard time eating eggs every single morning - and I guess I need to cut back on the bacon which I LOVE....but I am having a hard time finding the no nitrate other than being $7.89 for 1/2 lb urgggg how FUSTRATING
Old 03-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #382
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
OK I just weighed in and I gained 2 lbs! waaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... I don;t want to gain! I guess I need to go back and revamp what I am eating somewhere... I am hoping it's water due to TOM which should be gone tuesday... I will re-weigh in then and see....

I am cutting the dried fruits and nuts... but I am having a hard time eating eggs every single morning - and I guess I need to cut back on the bacon which I LOVE....but I am having a hard time finding the no nitrate other than being $7.89 for 1/2 lb urgggg how FUSTRATING
DON'T PANIC about the weight gain! I always, always retain water when I start working out. Muscle soreness = micro-tears in the muscles = water retention. Even if I am not sore (and I am a little from the squats the last couple days) I still retain water after adding activity (was up a lot after planting the garden last week for example).
ALSO, I hold onto water mid-cycle and right around TOM.
And Last but not least... did you eat corned beef last night I did, and I am up 4 POUNDS! from yesterday.

You don't need to eat eggs every morning. Or just get more creative with it. I don't like eating food for breakfast. It's very unpleasant for me to eat within a couple hours of waking most of the time. My solution is to have an almond milk and raw egg shake (I pasteurize the eggs in hot water first). I also made a batch of "omelet muffins" I can take to work. Make a coconut flour biscuit and make an egg sandwich.

How much bacon and nuts/dry fruit were you eating that you think you need to cut down on it?
Old 03-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #383
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
DON'T PANIC about the weight gain! I always, always retain water when I start working out. Muscle soreness = micro-tears in the muscles = water retention. Even if I am not sore (and I am a little from the squats the last couple days) I still retain water after adding activity (was up a lot after planting the garden last week for example).
ALSO, I hold onto water mid-cycle and right around TOM.
And Last but not least... did you eat corned beef last night I did, and I am up 4 POUNDS! from yesterday.

You don't need to eat eggs every morning. Or just get more creative with it. I don't like eating food for breakfast. It's very unpleasant for me to eat within a couple hours of waking most of the time. My solution is to have an almond milk and raw egg shake (I pasteurize the eggs in hot water first). I also made a batch of "omelet muffins" I can take to work. Make a coconut flour biscuit and make an egg sandwich.

How much bacon and nuts/dry fruit were you eating that you think you need to cut down on it?
The bacon well 3 slices every other day very salty... and the nuts/fruit I just started yesterday.... OK I am not gonna freak until next weigh in which is next saturday... I am going to stick with my plan and I am adding my own challenge to work my abs and my arms... I think I can do it
Old 03-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #384
Blabbermouth!!!

Try getting the reduced sodium bacon. I personally don't think 3 slices of bacon is very much. Good job on the other exercises! I am also trying to work on push ups. I can do zero standard push ups, so I'm trying to get to where I can. I can only do 5 "girly" push ups on my knees before muscle failure. I did 5 more today. Baby steps!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:02 AM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

The Lenten Primal Challenge Begins..NOW

SNAP Challenge update....going OK. I went two days without my trail mix so I guess it will be lasting for 10 days

Behind on squats. Worked in yard...a lot of pushing and pulling, huffing and puffing. No yard work today though so I'm a squattin' in the kitchen. Rainy week I'm told, so there will be lots squattin' going on.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:10 AM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Try getting the reduced sodium bacon. I personally don't think 3 slices of bacon is very much. Good job on the other exercises! I am also trying to work on push ups. I can do zero standard push ups, so I'm trying to get to where I can. I can only do 5 "girly" push ups on my knees before muscle failure. I did 5 more today. Baby steps!
Most stores now have their own label "lower sodium" bacon. I can't tell the difference. We eat a lb a week around here. Mostly in salads *anything better with avocados and tomatoes than bacon?" and maybe a piece or two for breakfast. I need to look into making my own sausage patties for breakfast. What about a beef and pork combo?
Old 03-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Had to let you all in on a recipe I did tonite. Made a casserole (Meatless Monday ya know) with spinach, eggs, cottage cheese, quinoa and mozzarella cheese. Maybe I really like it because there was mozzarella on it, but I only used about 1/2 cup on top to just brown, so, no, it wasn't just the tiny bit of gooey cheese, which we haven't had since last summer, that made me like this. The cottage cheese came from a recipe I did for book club last week. Knew I would not eat it so dumped in casserole At any rate, the casserole came out nice and would serve pobably six.

1 pkg. frozen spinach cooked and well drained (squeezed as dry as possible)
6 eggs
1/2 cup canned coconut milk
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped red or green pepper
1 T. Olive oil or buyer
1/2 to 1. Cup mozzarella cheese

Beat eggs with coconut milk and cottage cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Melt butter/oil in small pan and cook onions and pepper until limp. Cool. Combine egg mix, onion mix, quinoa and well drained spinach. Pour into well greased baking dish and top with mozzarella. Bake 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until cheese browns. Makes at least 6 dinner sized squares. A little higher in carbs, but looking at my numbers today, it really did not matter. In the scheme of things, a hearty vegetarian casserole for MM* that satisfies.

*A note about MM - I love meat more than any other food. During Lent, as a food steward, I abstain from meat 2 or 3 times a week for religious purposes only. The rest of the year my DH have at least one meatless day a week in keeping with his childhood memories in the pre Vatican II days We eat seafood at least twice a week all year round anyway.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:03 AM   #388
Senior LCF Member

YUMMY that sounds DELISH!
Old 03-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
YUMMY that sounds DELISH!
Even better left over. I used the quinoa as a bit of a filler. More carby than I like but spread over 6 servings not so bad. *** says it's ok as long as it agrees with your system and it's also very low on the glycemic index. We tolerate it and we only have it about every six weeks or so. I make a mean Mexican salad with it--limes, avocados, tomatoes, cumin, green onions, crumbled goat cheese. It's a summer specialty.

BTW-1 cup cooked quinoa=34 net carbs. Each serving has between (net) 5-6 carbs.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #390
Blabbermouth!!!

Man, I have got to get me some quinoa!