Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 04:28 AM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
HELLO all!
Dreary day here in Texas...my vitamin D will be in pill form only. Not much motion (jogging). I liked Mark's post about working with your hands. Now thinking about taking up my needle work again. Slept 7+ hours last night. Yea me!

Busy day and busy weekend. Having book club at my house tomorrow. Asked everyone to bring a salad *and wanted to tell them to leave their sugary sweet dressings at home but I didn't*. It's Mardi Gras this weekend so I'm doing shrimp over grits, but I will shun the grit. A bite of King Cake will pass my lips...for luck only. Southerners and their strange ways...i hope I get the baby.

Menu today:
B-2 sausage patties, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt drizzled with raw honey
S- Trail mix...time to make next week's batch
L- strawberry/spinach/avocado smoothie
S- almonds
D- shrimp po boy for DH and a BA grilled shrimp salad for me (making homemade remoulade)

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Last edited by mamasooze; 02-17-2012 at 04:41 AM..
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2012, 09:46 AM   #332
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Speck333
WOE: Semi-Primal
Hi Mamasooze, your comment about King Cake made me chuckle. lol

I'm going to be having an 20% day (from the 80/20 rule). I had leftover chicken salad for breakfast, and scooped it up with the ends of my kids' leftover bagel (like 1/4 of a bagel total). Plus coffee. For lunch I'm going to experiment with a cheese souffle. There is a touch of flour in it. Having never made a souffle before, I need to see what it's like with the flour before I try to make one without. And dinner is one of our very few take-out nights. I'm not sure what we'll get, but I'm not getting a salad.
Speck333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:05 AM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

Hoping that souffle worked out for you Speck made my mouth water. Guess I miss cheese more than I thought. My challenge this year will be harder without the cheese, usually a staple around here in Lent. I've mapped a three week menu but need to tweak and fine tune. I already have most of my proteins and have been trawling the websites for cheap, but pleasing ideas for my fruits and veggies. My problem is finding reasonably priced seafood. Hopefully that will change this week. I have to have everything in place before Friday. Going out of town and won't be back till Monday.

Did good with weekend eating. Had a sliver of King Cake but did not get the baby. Two bites of grits and some really good shrimp (lots of shrimp). Tomorrow is pancake supper. I'll sit that out and eat at home. Found a paleo Dutch baby recipe that looks good. Put it on my Lenten menu challenge.

Menu today:
B-leftover salmon with 2 fried eggs
S- trail mix ( replaced 1/2the nuts with slivered almonds which I found for $2.99 lb at Whole Foods. Not a bad swap)
L- green smoothie using strawberries
S- salmon salad-should be end of leftover salmon
D- pork chops, salad, Brussels sprouts
Dessert- none

Last edited by mamasooze; 02-20-2012 at 05:26 AM..
Old 02-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tttmom
Stats: Highest 186/current 160/goal 125
WOE: LC paleo/primal
Good morning! Had a really rough week traveling to hospital several times and spending all day there with my mom. Kind of went off track, but I'm back today, and everything's back to normal for now.
B: 3 mini banana muffins, cup of coffee
L: baked chicken breast
D: hamburgers with zesty baked sweet potato fries
tttmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tttmom View Post
Good morning! Had a really rough week traveling to hospital several times and spending all day there with my mom. Kind of went off track, but I'm back today, and everything's back to normal for now.
B: 3 mini banana muffins, cup of coffee
L: baked chicken breast
D: hamburgers with zesty baked sweet potato fries
Some of the worst-for-you food in the world is found in hospital cafeterias. I assume they make a buttload of money off the crap in those vending machines too. I could go on and rant, but what's the point? They'll never change
Old 02-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #336
Blabbermouth!!!

Anyone read today's post on MDA? Dark chocolate can increase insulin sensitivity among other amazing things. I need to eat more chocolate, for my health!
Old 02-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck333 View Post
Anyone read today's post on MDA? Dark chocolate can increase insulin sensitivity among other amazing things. I need to eat more chocolate, for my health!
Yes. More chocolate. Love the stuff and try to eat some dark, dark every day.
Not doing well today with anything. Swollen glands, cough, nose now dripping. Reminds me of Christmas. Sick so soon haven't been sick in over a year and now wham! Leaving on Friday to do 1/2 M at Disney with oldest daughter. We only do six miles each, and at least weather is going to be nice. Staying home resting in bed next few days. Chicken broth will be my best friend.

Menu today UGH
B- Yogurt with flax
L- 6 shrimp, trail mix
D- strawberries with coconut milk, 3 small sausages
Old 02-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #338
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope you are better before your run!!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:27 AM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hope you are better before your run!!
Thanks Speck. Got more sleep last night than I thought I would. Rest. Rest. Rest. Coughing has subsided a bit. Took some meds. No fever, so that's good. Thawing out my chicken stock and will sip all day.

Menu:
B- strawberries and 1/2 banana
S- trail mix
L- blueberry/green smoothie
S- almonds
D- braised chicken thighs, a mess o' organic zucchini (haven't decided what to do with it yet but olive oil and parmesan comes to mind)
Yikes..it's Ash Wednesday but have vowed to stay home and rest *already told my priest yesterday I probably would stay home--He said I sounded awful and that would be a good idea* I forgot about this being a soup type day. I will go on and cook the chicken for DH for the weekend. The zucchini will become a soup or some kind of main dish. Frittata???

Watched "Chopped" last night and one of their ingredients was semi sweet chocolate pieces. A couple of them made a vinaigrette...different to say the least. But they got raves on it from the judges. Gotta find that recipe--using 72% doncha know.

Last edited by mamasooze; 02-22-2012 at 04:50 AM..
Old 02-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 253.6/253.6/180 -- 5'11"
WOE: low carbin' it :)
Start Date: February 19, 2013
Hi everyone :-)
I'm hoping it's ok to join in ... I've been toying with primal/Atkins/counting calories & finally decided primal is the one I can live with forever. I'm ordering the book as soon as I finish the post so I can really understand & do it correctly :-)
I'm 27, married just over a year & gained almost 50 lbs! I'm looking to ultimately lose 90 lbs & really just regain my energy & get as healthy as possible! I've been overweight my entire life, so I know that this wont happen overnight, but Im ready to commit. I am going to keep an eye on my calories/carbs just to keep myself on track. I stray easily without some order!I'm on ************ if anyone else is ... FitWife!
Looking forward to getting to know everyone :-)

*January Goal:*
0/750 minutes of exercise!
HealthyWifeForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #341
Senior LCF Member

SoonToBe!

Today's menu:
B: 4 mini banana primal muffins, 1 cup decaf
L: lunch meeting out, so some kind of salad with protein
D: pork chops, some kind of veggies
Old 02-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #342
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome Mrs. V (sounds like you are not "soon to be" anymore)

Mamasooze, I'm coming down with the creeping crud now, myself. First it was my son, then my daughter. My turn! Ugg!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Welcome Mrs. V (sounds like you are not "soon to be" anymore)

Mamasooze, I'm coming down with the creeping crud now, myself. First it was my son, then my daughter. My turn! Ugg!
Hang in there Speck. I'm on day 3 of a 5 day misery. Should be off by Friday afternoon. Actually sleepy now. May have rest tonight So much to do tomorrow, so little time.

Hope you and family get better quicker.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member

I hope you are all feeling better soon!
Todays menu:
B: 4 mini banana muffins, 1 cup coffee
L: probably salad with some kind of protein or maybe chicken satay (sp?)
D: paleo chili
Old 02-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Speck :-)

Nope, now I'm a Mrs....but don't know how to change my name lol! I've been married over a year now :-)
Old 02-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Speck, I should be getting my 21 day book soon :-) I'm off to check out your blog!!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #347
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasooze View Post
Hang in there Speck. I'm on day 3 of a 5 day misery. Should be off by Friday afternoon. Actually sleepy now. May have rest tonight So much to do tomorrow, so little time.

Hope you and family get better quicker.
The kids are better, but I decided to take a sick day and stay home from work today.

Quote:
I hope you are all feeling better soon!
Todays menu:
B: 4 mini banana muffins, 1 cup coffee
L: probably salad with some kind of protein or maybe chicken satay (sp?)
D: paleo chili
thanks! mmmm, chicken satay
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBeMrsV View Post
Thanks, Speck :-)

Nope, now I'm a Mrs....but don't know how to change my name lol! I've been married over a year now :-)
I think you can ask the moderators to change it. Others have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBeMrsV View Post
Speck, I should be getting my 21 day book soon :-) I'm off to check out your blog!!
You'll notice I don't update every day. Mostly on the weekends when I have more time. It's a great book, and I would def. recommend it to anyone new to Primal Blueprint.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everybody! Well, losing good and enjoying the food.Now I need to start seriously with my fitness. Maybe I'll lift some heavy stuff today and go for a long walk. Today looks like the last of the good weather for awhile
Menu:
B: finishing the last 2 mini banana muffins, 1 cup coffee
L: out for lunch meeting again, going to maybe try some shrimp and salad
D: Deen's Lime marinated chicken, salad
S: nuts and a square of Lindt's 85% dark choc.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #349
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
Stats: 279/272/180
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
You probably all saw this, but I thought this was great:

8 Reasons Why You Make Bad Food Choices | Mark's Daily Apple
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:14 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Started our Lenten PP challenge yesterday. Find particulars for menus and suggestions for next (now) 39 days.

The Lenten Primal Challenge Begins..NOW

My number 2 challenge this week is to get well
Old 03-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #351
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey party people, what's goin' on over here? I may have eaten some bread when I was sick, and I may have eaten some fried goodies at the buffet last night, but otherwise, keeping in Primal! Still getting over the cold/upper respiratory infection from hell, so exercise is even more sporadic than usual. But I *have* been eating more dark chocolate!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Hi! Glad you're getting over being sick. Still sticking with primal for the most part here too. Down 4.1 since Mon 2/27. Had some bad stuff tonight (ice cream), but back on track in the morning again. We've been trying to remember to shut off the tv before falling asleep too, and we're both sleeping alot better now (have slept with the tv on for years). So, we're making progress...little by little
Old 03-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey party people, what's goin' on over here? I may have eaten some bread when I was sick, and I may have eaten some fried goodies at the buffet last night, but otherwise, keeping in Primal! Still getting over the cold/upper respiratory infection from hell, so exercise is even more sporadic than usual. But I *have* been eating more dark chocolate!
Sounds good to me 'specially the choco part.

I had some curveballs this week. Had to go out of town, had to shop for a party I am helping with. Proteins ok, veggies not. I hate being at the mercy of institutional food. I end up eating lots of (bagged) salad and not eating the steamed veggies that frankly looks pretty rubbery and I know tastes of fake butter. Even at "adult beverage time" there was only one thing I could eat-shrimp wrapped in bacon. How did that get in there among all the crackers, pretzels, breads and cheeses? I managed. I think I'm better than 80/20. Watching people devour those high sugar desserts depresses me, but not in a "Wahhhhh, I can't have any" way. I am depressed that people who I know should not consume, are consuming. Big bowls. No one gave me flack for NOT eating it so I keep my mouth shut about what they are eating. Still--depressing. Also, no alternative desserts for people like me.

I will make first report on SNAP tomorrow. Not a lot spent but I think that this upcoming week will negate any shortfall I may have incurred.

Last edited by mamasooze; 03-03-2012 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 03-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi! Glad you're getting over being sick. Still sticking with primal for the most part here too. Down 4.1 since Mon 2/27. Had some bad stuff tonight (ice cream), but back on track in the morning again. We've been trying to remember to shut off the tv before falling asleep too, and we're both sleeping alot better now (have slept with the tv on for years). So, we're making progress...little by little
Wow ttt-fantastic! Don't sweat the ice cream. Just hope it was the good stuff...don't eat the cheap stuff. Life is too short.

Put timer on my TV and lights so they go off at 11 sharp. If I don't go to sleep right away I get out the Kindle. If I fall asleep I don't have to worry about a light.

What would my late mother say about a Kindle? A high tech version of me under the blankets with a flash light reading Nancy Drew....
Old 03-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #355
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Thanks! And way to go on the 4.1 lbs! that's awesome. Ice cream is only bad if it's low quality and habitual. Having the good stuff once in a while is a treat and you shouldn't sweat it. I am also in a bad habit of having the tv on when I go to bed. I put a sleep timer on it though so it's not on all night. I have a terrible habit of replaying the whole day and/or obsessively going over what's on the next day's agenda if I don't have the tv to distract me.

Quote:
Sounds good to me 'specially the choco part.

I had some curveballs this week. Had to go out of town, had to shop for a party I am helping with. Proteins ok, veggies not. I hate being at the mercy of institutional food. I end up eating lots of (bagged) salad and not eating the steamed veggies that frankly looks pretty rubbery and I know tastes of fake butter. Even at "adult beverage time" there was only one thing I could eat-shrimp wrapped in bacon. How did that get in there among all the crackers, pretzels, breads and cheeses? I managed. I think I'm better than 80/20. Watching people devour those high sugar desserts depresses me, but not in a "Wahhhhh, I can't have any" way. I am depressed that people who I know should not consume, are consuming. Big bowls. No one gave me flack for NOT eating it so I keep my mouth shut about what they are eating. Still--depressing. Also, no alternative desserts for people like me.

I will make first report on SNAP tomorrow. Not a lot spent but I think that this upcoming week will negate any shortfall I may have incurred.
I know what you mean. It makes me sad too when I see people trapped in broken, distorted bodies habitually poisoning themselves, creating their own physical prisons with what they are consuming. I wish I could help them.

Quote:
Wow ttt-fantastic! Don't sweat the ice cream. Just hope it was the good stuff...don't eat the cheap stuff. Life is too short.

Put timer on my TV and lights so they go off at 11 sharp. If I don't go to sleep right away I get out the Kindle. If I fall asleep I don't have to worry about a light.

What would my late mother say about a Kindle? A high tech version of me under the blankets with a flash light reading Nancy Drew....
I totally agree with your ice cream philosophy!
Too funny about the kindle
Old 03-04-2012, 06:43 AM   #356
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
Stats: 279/272/180
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
I'm struggling with Primal a bit. I think the access to permitted nuts and fruit is stalling me. I need to at least cut the nuts for now - generally not even hungry when I eat them. I'll see if that helps!

Congrats on your loss tttmom!
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:55 AM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

Updating the Lenten Challenge

The Lenten Primal Challenge Begins..NOW

Came out ahead this week....next week

Work it, work it.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:56 AM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Lenten Challenge up-date

Browsed the weekly ads and found only one thing needed/wanted-Kroger brand corned beef brisket for St. Patrick's Day. On sale $1.99 and hope to find a small one. Oh and asparagus is on sale! Haven't been to grocery in 9 days so far and plan to go to produce farm this afternoon. I have a family emergency *nothing serious* but need to be out of town with g-kids from Friday to Monday. That will have an effect on my budget somewhat. It may mean that DH will be eating leftover lentil chili and burgers/sausage from the freezer-he's not a cook. He'll have leafy greens though, some I'll take with me

Will be under budget fer-shure for the week.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

http://beta.primal-palate.com/menus/...aleomeal-plan/

Awesome resource from The Food Lover's Kitchen- a 30 day paleo meal plan.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #360
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
http://beta.primal-palate.com/menus/...aleomeal-plan/

Awesome resource from The Food Lover's Kitchen- a 30 day paleo meal plan.
Hey, that is way cool. I'm going to have to spend some time with it later.

My big news for the day/week is the I planted a garden today! All kinds of vegetables, and some berries, too. I just hope it grows! I did everything I was supposed to and put a lot of effort into it, so I will be really disappointed if it flops. The last garden I tried failed, except for the zucchini, but I didn't put much effort into it then.