Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!
 
Atkins Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,223
Gallery: Atkins Chick
Stats: I weigh only 1x a month on the 16th
WOE: Atkins/Induction till the last 20 lbs
Start Date: Restarted 4-12-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanberrycritter View Post
I'm disappointed that this thread got moved out of the Main Lobby. Primal Blueprint is such a great book/plan and I want more people to know about it. They aren't going to see it here. Phooey!

No, flax seeds are not grain. Grain is the name for seeds from grass. The flax plant is not a type of grass.
thank you for clarifying this for me. I make flax muffins often.
Atkins Chick is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,404
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
I've been kind of scared to switch to a higher-carb plan than Atkins, but I think I will, I need more diversity in my diet. I have Mark's book and just bought his quick and easy cookbook for my Kindle. It is a wonderful plan based on whole foods and I can't wait to transition to it.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:26 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!
 
mamasooze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South East Texas
Posts: 1,097
Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
I've been kind of scared to switch to a higher-carb plan than Atkins, but I think I will, I need more diversity in my diet. I have Mark's book and just bought his quick and easy cookbook for my Kindle. It is a wonderful plan based on whole foods and I can't wait to transition to it.
I got the Make It Paleo and the Comfort Food cookbooks. Everything has been great that I made--pictures gorgeous too. Doesn't necessarily have to be higher carb. But yes, more diversity. I like having a clementine (cutie) and some apple from time to time.
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Portia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The beautiful North Shore
Posts: 6,035
Gallery: Portia
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 1, 2014
I've read the Primal Blueprint and I think it's an outstanding book!
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,404
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasooze View Post
I got the Make It Paleo and the Comfort Food cookbooks. Everything has been great that I made--pictures gorgeous too. Doesn't necessarily have to be higher carb. But yes, more diversity. I like having a clementine (cutie) and some apple from time to time.
Sooze, I got them for my kindle and the pictures are gray and blurry but I guess that can't be helped. One thing I like best about cookbooks is the colorful, glossy pictures....

Did you also get the free PDFs from *** - the reader-created cookbook and coconut cookbook? They are really, really good.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!
 
mamasooze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South East Texas
Posts: 1,097
Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
Sooze, I got them for my kindle and the pictures are gray and blurry but I guess that can't be helped. One thing I like best about cookbooks is the colorful, glossy pictures....

Did you also get the free PDFs from *** - the reader-created cookbook and coconut cookbook? They are really, really good.
Yes..got those. Bought a bag of the coconut flour but have mostly been using the almond flour. But loves me some coconut milk. May try and make my own. I'm going to make some almond milk this week.
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:45 AM   #37
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,404
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasooze View Post
Yes..got those. Bought a bag of the coconut flour but have mostly been using the almond flour. But loves me some coconut milk. May try and make my own. I'm going to make some almond milk this week.
Let me know how it went. I love love love coconut milk. Made a chicken curry with it the other day and the family loved it. I love it in my coffee. Buy it by the dozen cans online.

Hate the flavor of coconut oil, but love the fresh, mild flavor of coconut milk.
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:50 AM   #38
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 13
Gallery: dlebbin
Stats: 210/199.7/140
WOE: Primal
Start Date: October 1st, 2011
I'm so excited to have found this thread! I have all Mark's books and have been following this WOE since October. It will be great to have a group of friends to chat with.
dlebbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #39
Chatty Cathy
 
clackley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ontario
Posts: 17,153
Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlebbin View Post
I'm so excited to have found this thread! I have all Mark's books and have been following this WOE since October. It will be great to have a group of friends to chat with.
I don't do the primal plan but maybe someday. I wonder if you are doing it low carb?
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:51 PM   #40
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 13
Gallery: dlebbin
Stats: 210/199.7/140
WOE: Primal
Start Date: October 1st, 2011
Basically, yes, I am doing it low carb. I eat meat, fish, poultry, eggs, veggies, limited fruit, limited dairy. I don't eat grains, legumes, or sugar.
dlebbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #41
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Eliza_Jazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Texas
Posts: 12,404
Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlebbin View Post
I'm so excited to have found this thread! I have all Mark's books and have been following this WOE since October. It will be great to have a group of friends to chat with.
Unfortunately, the thread is a bit slow
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #42
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Meek75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 22,754
Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug_H View Post
It's called back to basics to me.
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:15 AM   #43
Junior LCF Member
 
SnotSucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 14
Gallery: SnotSucker
Stats: 183/174/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11/11/11
I'm following a long....I haven't read the book but am deff interested in more information. I'll check out Mark's site a little more in depth...I have been doing Atkins for a while and would really like to increase my carbs some. I don't eat any processed foods at all, mostly fresh veggies and meats. I do use coconut oil and a little cheese here and there.
SnotSucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:22 AM   #44
Junior LCF Member
 
Uggla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Deep in the forest, Scandinavia
Posts: 5
Gallery: Uggla
Stats: 255/173/140-135
WOE: Primal/Paleo
Start Date: Aug 2009
Hello everyone I am new here, I lost over 105 lbs eating the primal way together with other methods, lately I have gained 17lbs back and am looking to learn more on how to lose and keep it off.
Uggla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Portia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The beautiful North Shore
Posts: 6,035
Gallery: Portia
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggla View Post
Hello everyone I am new here, I lost over 105 lbs eating the primal way together with other methods, lately I have gained 17lbs back and am looking to learn more on how to lose and keep it off.
Wow! That's great.
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.