Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/166/130
WOE: paleo eating
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
November 30 Day Primal/Paleo Challenge!

Ok so as of tomorrow im back on strict paleo/primal.
I can't waitttttttttttttttttt
Tomorrow i'll post my starting weight! anyone else with me?
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

DOTTTTTTIE YOU ROCK!
Old 10-31-2011, 11:24 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: girondet
Stats: Maintaining 125-128, 5'5"
WOE: Bernstein/paleo
Start Date: May 2009
Yes! I'd like to do it for November. LOL I'm finishing up October still, but would love to continue on. I've made good changes I'd like to keep.
girondet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:42 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nicole2149
WOE: Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
Ok so as of tomorrow im back on strict paleo/primal.
I can't waitttttttttttttttttt
Tomorrow i'll post my starting weight! anyone else with me?
I'm in! I'll post my starting weight tomorrow as well.

Primal eating plan for me since I will incorporate moderate dairy, red wine, and stevia. I will post my daily menus in this forum. My workout routine will be primal as well (3 days weights/week; 1-2 sprint sessions/week; as much low-intensity activity as possible).

I'm also going to try and go this whole month without counting macros. I had been quite neurotic about it the past couple months, but I started ignoring my own body's cues of when I was hungry, thirsty, tired, and need to get back to listening to it again.

I threw away all the random junk (protein supplements, peanut butter, etc.) out of my fridge/cupboards this morning, it was so liberating!!
nicole2149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:34 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/224/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
Well, I am here and planning to do this.... 30 days.... I should be able to make this work. 30 days is no time.... Right??? Will post weight tomorrow.
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:48 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tonedbody
I am in!

I will be primal. I will be using stevia and very limited dairy.

I have been paleo or primal since mid August
Tonedbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:19 AM   #7
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

I'm at 156, id like to below 150 by the end of the challenge...
Old 11-01-2011, 04:52 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I am excited to do another challenge. I love primal eating, this is the first eating plan where I don't have the mindset of "I can't wait to get to my goal weight so that I can have X, Y, or Z"

I love everything that I eat. I am lucky that I was never a big bread, rice or pasta person, I really don't miss them at all. The thing that got me into trouble were sweets, candy, and desserts. I am able to make them primally so I don't miss out on anything. The goal this month is to really sit down, be present and enjoy the desserts that I make. Since I have introduced a nightly dessert I have found that I have the tendency to overeat them. It isn't because I am hungry or because my blood sugar is all over the place, I think it is just an old habit. I feel that I am letting myself have something sweet so I better eat it all because I know I won't be able to have any later on (diet mentality)

I feel really good. I am back into some really cool/stylish clothes that I haven't worn in over a year. Some fit me better than the first time around. I put on a size 12 pair of pants from Express today. They fit pretty well but did not zip or button at the top so I think I have another 10 pounds to go before I will be in a size 12.

That is a really big deal, because then I will be able to shop in most stores (Ann Taylor, J. Crew, Express, Limited, Gap, etc.) without having to venture into the plus sized section.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:23 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: nicole2149
SW for this challenge: 164

GW for end of this challenge: 154

[I'm up about 5 lbs from the 159 I had been stuck at for a few weeks so I think this morning's 164 may be a bit of water weight, thus, my goal is 154 by the end of the month!].

I will post my weight every Tuesday AM here. I tend to be crazy about checking the scale but I'd like to make an effort to only record 1/week.

Yesterday I mentioned that I would not be counting calories, however, I have changed my mind on that (lol). I need to keep myself accountable this month, so I will be tracking cals & macros on ************.com.

Let's go! We can do this!
nicole2149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:30 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

138.5 for me this morning.

Last month I lost the 4 I had picked up being less careful. Now I want to weigh no more than 135 by the end of the year. That will be a new low for me. Modest goal, lol. Keeping it off is my main thing here, and feeling very healthy.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:28 AM   #11
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
I won't be joining the challenge this time since I'm experimenting with a new plan, but I'm still at the 80/20 primal, most days 95% primal And I'm cheering you all on!
Kerry good to see you
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:34 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/224/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 08/22/2014
Starting weight: 239
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Desdemona98
Stats: 154/154/125
Start Date: still trying to start...
I am here as well! I didn't weigh myself this morning becuase I turned off my alarm and snoozed back to sleep (oops!). Thankfully my kid woke up so at least I wasn't late for work... but had limited time to get ready.

I weighed myself a day or two ago though and was at 150.2. I think 145 is a good goal but if I do good I will probably loose a little bit more. Nov is a good month because it will help me stay away from Halloween candy! I took a large chunk of my son's stash to work as well. He's only 3 and some houses were giving him handfulls of candy! A 3 year old does not need that people.

I will be primal... dairy will be me "paleo" sin, mainly milk for my morning latte's (homemade) and soem cheese here and there. I cook with butter sometimes as well, but I also use coconut oil.

I'll be recording in ****** so can post those results. I mostly just get online at work since I'm to busy at home, so my posting on weekends might be hit or miss.

(Long post Desdemona checks out, haha)
Desdemona98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:48 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

I am going to let Mark Sisson be my guide for this challange. Google: The Primal Blueprint 30-Day Challenge Mark's Daily Apple.

Also, since I am going with Mark Sisson I am having a 100 Carb a day goal. Which will be a bit easier than the Atkins 35 or other super low carb plans. Especially since today I already carbed out my breakfast with a Banana and a "bit to large" latte, hehe. I will have to switch my milk with coconut milk a few days out of the week I think so I can up the weight loss... or mix the two (if they will even mix). ie.. real coconut milk in the can.

My breakfast had 71 carbs according to ******.. Ooops!

Last edited by Desdemona98; 11-01-2011 at 08:02 AM..
Old 11-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #15
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Day one almost down!

Already I'm morehappy, even if its mind over matter...
Started picking out recipes for or primal/paleo thanksgiving dinner...
Old 11-02-2011, 02:49 AM   #16
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Happy hump day everyone! Day one is down... 29 days to go!
Old 11-02-2011, 07:43 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member

I need to find some good "easy to make but appeals to your picky toddler," recpies. I am making "spegetti" tonight.. but with zucchini instead of pasta and I'm going to cook up and mix in some liver to the ground meat. I'm hoping to sneak some into my son, but we will see! He will probably end up eatting it with real pasta but I'm going to try and sucker him into the zucchini first.

I also started the challange ysterday with an actual workout, yay me! (Oct was insanly busy). Tonight is "Family Fun," night at the gym where I work so I will get a workout with my son
Old 11-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dlebbin
Stats: 210/199.7/140
Start Date: October 1st, 2011
Hi Everyone - My name is Deb and I started following Primal Blueprint on October 1st. I was wondering if I could join in with you here. It would be nice to have some others that are following the same WOE. I've noticed I am not as strict as the Paleo dieters. I adore having my Fage Total (full fat greek yogurt) with some stevia and fruit as my dessert at night. I will say that since October 1st, I have not had ANY wheat or gluten products, nor ANY sugar. My vice still is to have one of my "Hawaiian Punch Sugar Free" drink mixes. I put one tube in a liter of water to give it flavor. I figure if I've given up flour and sugar (and I don't drink alcohol that often, and when I do it's a glass of red wine for a special occasion), I'm doing something good for myself. Hope I can join in!
dlebbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:44 AM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jaxann
Stats: 194/194/130
WOE: Primal (VLC)
Start Date: Nov 2011
I would like to join in. I've just re-started my low carb eating since the beginning of this month. Starting weight is 194 and goal for this challenge is 185. I've never been part of a challenge like this before - sounds fun!
Jaxann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:18 AM   #20
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Ugh I gained weight which stinks... I'm eating vlc for the next few days to try to get my body in fat burning mode...
Old 11-03-2011, 07:20 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

The more the merrier, I say! Welcome to all!

I ate a lot too much protein last night myself, which is rare. The brisket I had was just so good. I don't expect it to have more than a transient ill effect though.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:35 AM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Welcome all! I realized yesterday that Nov wasn't my best choice to start trying to be "hard core" Primal... ie I'm in a A+ Cert training session that is killing me! I usually stay awake in less than exciting classes with very un-Primal caffiene/sugar drink or some candy. I will be in some kind of IT training, with the same stuff your brain instructor, for three weeks out of the 4 weeks of this month.

I'm going to have to up my espresso or something, at least it's not "technically" cheating.. haha. I bought a bunch of nuts yesterday and added no sugar added, raw, coconut flakes to them so maybe I can kick start some ketosis faster to help me stay awake in class.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

I have been out of it. I had an off day yesterday but I am back on today but I feel a little out of the groove.

I will be getting some rest this week. I had a really stressful week at work.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:07 AM   #24
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

well I had gained up to 157.4 lbs and now im down to 153.2lbs..
its so funny to me as I gave up all the crap (even though I was still low carb) that all that water weight dropped right off me..

This weekend should be fun, right now hubby and I are dehydrating maniacs. lol
Old 11-05-2011, 08:11 AM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Hi Everyone - sorry I don't check in EVERY day, but we have been having major computer issues at our home, so my only chance is when I'm at work, and even then, I have to be "careful". I am doing my usual, and not getting on the scale until Dec. 1st. We'll see.....
I've been having good days so far, however, yesterday, I had to drive up to pick my daughter from school (UW Oshkosh). Didn't have anything to eat really before I left, so I grabbed our bag of shelled pistachios to have something to munch on in the car. Then I stopped at my favorite store (Trader Joe's) which I don't get to do much since it's basically an hour away, but just a little out of the way when we go up to get Chelsea from school. Stopped there and got my almond butter (I love it on Honey Crisp apples!) and they had one that is just made with Almonds and flax seed. Can't wait to try that one! I get almond butter at Woodman's (which is right in my backyard basically), but I pay 8.50 for a 16 oz. jar. At TJ's the almond/flaxseed butter was 4.99! WHOO HOO! Then I picked up their chopped veggie bowls (8 different kinds of chopped vegetables). I just love to throw some of that in a bowl and add a little dressing and chomp away! Then I got a bottle of red wine for my secret santa gift. Really cute. Plain bottle with a great big yellow smiley face on the front! Who knows what it tastes like, but it was a cute bottle. Here comes the bad part (if you can call it bad). I bought a container of green grapes to eat in the car. By the time I got up to Chelsea, and then we drove back home (2 hours) I had pretty much polished off the whole container (20 oz).
SO....that's my story. I basically ate nuts and grapes yesterday. I did end up eating some of the chopped veggies with dressing, and then MADE myself eat some chicken breast I had cooked up the night before so I had some protein. Of course, later before bed I had my usual - Fage Total (full fat yogurt) with some walnuts and blueberries. YUM. I won't know if all those grapes did me any damage, since I don't weigh myself for quite a while. OH WELL. I could have grabbed one of those big 'ole chocolate bars from TJ's instead of grapes, so it could have been worse!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 11-05-2011, 08:34 AM   #26
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

I'm sure the bag of grapes will make you poop your brains out lol...
Old 11-07-2011, 03:02 AM   #27
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Yay, almost one week down, I feel great. I forget how easy this really is... I have faith in me that I can get under 150lbs... Yay
Old 11-07-2011, 03:03 AM   #28
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

How was every ones weekend?
Old 11-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #29
Junior LCF Member

Well, my brains are still intact!

Weekend was great! Picked my daughter up from Oshkosh and was able to spend a very nice weekend with her. DH was hunting for the weekend, so it was just her and I. I took her shopping (she needed clothes....what 19 year old girl doesn't) I only wish I had more money to be able to get her the things she needs (notice I said "needs"). Stinks going from a high income to a low income (when your bills don't go down). Oh well....I have a job, and some people don't even have that. I have my health, and I have a wonderful healthy family. That's all that matters.

How is everyone else???
Old 11-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #30
Junior LCF Member

hey, I did good for most of the weekend.. less good on the day I had to drop my son off at his dad's house. I didn't realize how much of my "bad" eatting was simply out of habit until this weekend! I kept on getting cravings for my usual, "free mommy time," snacks. I had a couple of raw coconut macaroons and a glass of wine to stave off the cravings, ha.

If I can just get rid of the habitual eating and cravings by the end of the month then this challange will benefit me more than I had originally planned on it doing so!