Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Paleolithic & Neanderthin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/)
-   -   It's Saturday! What are you eating today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/742374-its-saturday-what-you-eating-today.html)

Dottie 10-22-2011 04:26 AM

It's Saturday! What are you eating today?

After consideration, I'm going to adapt an alternate day calorie cycling plan (JUDDD) along with my primal/paleo eating style. At least on every other day I will have to make sure I eat more lol :)
I'm counting today as my first "down" calorie day.

B: coffee w/almond milk; 3 egg whites scrambled w/a small tomato and 3 button mushrooms (100 cals)
D: beef veggie soup (recipe below 246 cals)
S: shrimp(3oz), romaine and cucumber salad w/bragg's vinegar and 1tsp evoo (143 cals)

Total: 489 calories; 24g carbs; 7g fiber

Beef and Veggie soup
Ingredients
8 oz 93% Lean Ground Beef 93/7
2 cups Fresh Zucchini
1 cup canned Mustard Greens (a little over 1/2 the can)
14 1/2 oz 99% Fat Free Chicken Broth (swanson natural)
3 Garlic Clove
2 Tomatoes diced
1 tbsp Dried Onion Flakes
siracha sauce to taste

Brown ground beef, add everything and let simmer on low for 10 minutes
2 big bowls at: 246cals; 8.6g fat; 14,7g carbs; 4.7g fiber; 27.4g protein

Tonedbody 10-24-2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15110846)
After consideration, I'm going to adapt an alternate day calorie cycling plan (JUDDD) along with my primal/paleo eating style. At least on every other day I will have to make sure I eat more lol :)
I'm counting today as my first "down" calorie day.

B: coffee w/almond milk; 3 egg whites scrambled w/a small tomato and 3 button mushrooms (100 cals)
D: beef veggie soup (recipe below – 246 cals)
S: shrimp(3oz), romaine and cucumber salad w/bragg's vinegar and 1tsp evoo (143 cals)

Total: 489 calories; 24g carbs; 7g fiber

Beef and Veggie soup
Ingredients
8 oz 93% Lean Ground Beef 93/7
2 cups Fresh Zucchini
1 cup canned Mustard Greens (a little over 1/2 the can)
14 1/2 oz 99% Fat Free Chicken Broth (swanson natural)
3 Garlic Clove
2 Tomatoes diced
1 tbsp Dried Onion Flakes
siracha sauce to taste

Brown ground beef, add everything and let simmer on low for 10 minutes
2 big bowls at: 246cals; 8.6g fat; 14,7g carbs; 4.7g fiber; 27.4g protein

Yes I am making some adjustments myself.

I think I will be adding back stevia for my tea and desserts. I am going to find the purest form. I am also thinking about adding back caffine. I haven't noticed much of a difference giving up caffine or cheese.

I am thinking about experimenting with having a paleo dessert after dinner whenever I want. I think I need a bit more balance. We shall see how this goes.

I fell off track for a couple of days and I am not going to beat myself up over it, I am just going to try to learn from it and create a balanced approach that will work best for me.

:)

I am not sure how that is going to work, but I think it will make this even easier for me. So basically I am easing back into a primal eating plan. There is more variety and I think it is probably more sustainable.

Tonedbody 10-29-2011 08:34 AM

B: Ropa Vieja

It is snowing so I wanted to make some cookies. I made almond cookies with almonds, eggs, stevia, vanilla extract, & lemon extract. I ate two of them with some herbal tea after breakfast.

They are yummy but not addictive like regular cookies. I was happy and content eating two small cookies :)

L: ???? I may skip it
D: Porkchops and string beans

IwantAtinyWaist 10-30-2011 08:54 AM

I had 1 egg, 2 bacon and raw spinach for breakfast, probably a light lunch of jerky and pistachios, I snack on bananas, apples, or nuts during the day and probably a turkey burger with caramelized onions and raw roma tomatoes for dinner.