Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Desdemona98
Stats: 154/154/125
WOE: Primal
Start Date: still trying to start...
Primal Challange?

Yep..another one, haha.. but Nov? October is NOT a good month for me to do food challanges because I take my once a year "vacation" into San Fran and I am there to have fun. But, Nov is a good month to repair my Oct damage, hehe.

I am not a big holiday person so I don't have to worry about Thanksgiving messing me up.. (of course turkey and ham are OK anyways).

I am going for Primal though because I want a diet I can keep. Its hard enough for me to behave without taking out my #1 favorite thing (latte's... which I will make at home in Nov).

Anyone want to join? If you want to go stricter by all means that is fine with me.. but a challange for those of us who want our cheese

I did good for about 2 weeks in the Sept challange.. lost 10 lbs.. and then slacked off and am up 4 of those ATM. So, need to get back on track.

Oh: and I should add... I am going to get back on ****** and keep track of my actual stats there... so if anyone wants to jump on and do some ****** compaires as well I think it be cool.

Last edited by Desdemona98; 10-18-2011 at 10:38 AM..
Desdemona98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
When you start it, if I don't see it PM me and I'll make it a sticky
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Sweet, thanks!
Old 10-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tonedbody
I will join for November, I am going to stick to paleo. I may have some stevia for Thanksgiving.
Tonedbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:19 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: niadan1962
I thought God created someone to invent cheese to let us know we have evolved and he does indeed love us--ah smoked gouda!
niadan1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

LOL niadan.. I will say that smoked gouda can be really good if made by the right people. The best cheese I've found lately is montery jack made from goats milk, I wish I could remember the name of the brand I occasionally buy. It is pretty pricey (but good farm cheese, not highly processed, etc) but so so good.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:04 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

I have been off cheese for about a month and I honestly don't miss it. I think I will stay away from it moving forward. I may make a primal pizza once in a blue moon but that is probably it.

I am lactose intolerant so it is actually best for me to avoid all dairy.

I have been eating a lot of coconut butter over the last two days and now my lips are irritated and I have a slight rash on them. I think I may have developed an allergy to coconut. It is wierd because I don't have any issue cooking with coconut oil.

I will avoid eating it until my lips return to normal and then try it again and see how my body responds.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:59 AM   #8
Administrator

Toned: since coconut has an antiviral type property, do you ever get cold sores? It could be speeding up the process, bringing them up before they hit on their own?

Cheese: I didn't eat any during the whole30 challenge, had a lot the first day off it (lol)and have maybe had 2oz total since then! I thought I missed it a lot during the challenge, but I think I just disliked the whole "you CAN'T have it" idea more than the actual food
Old 10-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Toned: since coconut has an antiviral type property, do you ever get cold sores? It could be speeding up the process, bringing them up before they hit on their own?

Cheese: I didn't eat any during the whole30 challenge, had a lot the first day off it (lol)and have maybe had 2oz total since then! I thought I missed it a lot during the challenge, but I think I just disliked the whole "you CAN'T have it" idea more than the actual food
No I don't get cold sores but the sides of my lips are really irritated right now. I am just going to stay away from the coconut butter until this clears up. You can't see it but I can feel it

I had non-paleo off plan junk today. I didn't eat a ton of it but it was more than a serving or two or three of milk chocolate candies and breaded hot wings.

It didn't even taste that great but I can feel the soothing/numbing/food coma effect that it has on my body. I got really anxious today and I let it get the best of me. In the grand scheme of things this is a small blip on the radar. I forgive myself and plan to move on

Last edited by Tonedbody; 10-20-2011 at 10:54 AM..
Old 10-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
Stats: 279/272/180
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Me! I literally just read PB last week and have been fumbling around on my own. Would love to do a challenge.

When are we starting?
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:03 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BigRunner
Stats: 247/190/168
WOE: Paleo/Primal
I'm in. Already started last week after my marathon. Mostly strict Paleo until Thanksgiving.
BigRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:36 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
Stats: 279/272/180
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Starting today.
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:15 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

I have already decided to shift to Primal. I did Paleo for almost 30 days. It was fun but then things unraveled pretty quickly and now I am primal LOL

I think Primal is a bit more balanced for me. I still don't miss cheese so I probably won't eat much of it.

I think I will mostly be adding in stevia and maybe some caffinated tea (which I think is paleo anyway)
Old 10-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #14
Administrator

After doing the 30 day paleo challenge, I dont' even like sweetener anymore in my coffee lol. Just some almond milk (which has a lot of calcium, so I'm not worried about very limited cheese and dairy) and I'm good to go. I think I've had maybe 5 "sweet" coffee's since the 1st, and those I only use half a pack of the sweet leaf in or it's too sweet.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:31 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 239/225/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 02/25/14
Meeeee..... I am listening to my Primal book now...... Really liking it.
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

I was going to start on Nov the 1st, it's a good even day, hehe.

I like cheese in a "that's my dessert" sort of fashion. I am a rich and fat food person vs sweet so cheese appeals to that for me. I buy the good stuff and will sit and savor a piece once in a while. It's also my go-to if I am starving and want a quick snack. It's very filling.

Some of the women in my family seem to have calcium bone density problems.. even with consuming large amounts of milk.. so maybe it's a craving based on that part of my genes not working as well as they do. I was able to drop the bad carbs (which I use to consume in great amounts and love) and processed food pretty easily/quickly. The diary and the coffee is another story, ha. Right now I just want to have a good month without cheating on the easier things for me! I buy grassfed/organic/raw when I can find it and my dairy usually fits at least one of those if not two categories, so I figure it can't be that bad and does have some benifits. Lactose intollernace is almost unheard of in my family.. so I think we have enough European genes to be able to digest it relativly well. My son on the other hand will probably not be so lucky since he's only has those genes in half. His dad isn't a big dairy person either.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #17
Administrator

Silk unsweetened almond milk has 45% more calcium than milk with a lot less calories and carbs
Old 10-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #18
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/157/130
WOE: (80/15/5) keto family!
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
I started a threadddddddddd im so in!
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

I have used Almond milk before, though one could argue it's a lot more processed (depending on where you get your cow milk). I switch them around.. enjoy milk at times but then switch up to coconut milk and will probably add almond milk in as well. Almond milk has a odd aftertase to me, but nothing horrible.