Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Paleolithic & Neanderthin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/)
-   -   It's Monday, What are you eating today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/739851-its-monday-what-you-eating-today.html)

Tonedbody 10-10-2011 03:54 AM

It's Monday, What are you eating today?

B: Leftover Ribs
L: Grilled chicken and salad
D: Curry Pork Chops and green beans

Dottie 10-10-2011 04:50 AM

Not 100% sure today but I plan on:
B: coffee w/almond milk
D: thinking I'll try to make a primal alfredo sauce to go with chicken, spinach and artichokes.
S: chili or tilapia, not sure which yet

PaleoRainy 10-10-2011 11:10 AM

Meal 1: 3 eggs, 3 slices bacon
Meal 2: leftover beef stew, lettuce and flaxseed salad, 2 plums, 1 pear, 1 clementine, a few dried plums

Dottie 10-10-2011 11:32 AM

I ended up making a cauliflower rice with my tilapia for dinner.
In a food processor:
1/2 a fresh large jalapeno
3 cloves garlic
handful of flat leaf parsley

Pulse to grind fine, remove and pulse frozen cauliflower to "rice" pieces (I used about 4oz by weight). Mix and saute in a little coconut oil or evoo until cooked but not mushy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
If you like your garlic and jalapeno cooked more, just saute it for a minute or 2 before adding the cauliflower.

afuentes 10-10-2011 12:13 PM

Over the weekend, I made Robb Wolf's paleo pancakes. I switched out the applesauce for pumpkin. Soooooooo good.
1/2cup of nut butter (whichever but no peanut of course)
1/2cup of pumpkin (or applesauce)
2 eggs
vanilla
cinnamon
stevia
***You can top it off w/any paleo friendly topping.****:) :)
This usually makes 2 meals for me.

Tonedbody 10-10-2011 04:57 PM

I figured out why I got cravings on Saturday. I ate porkrinds as a meal with guacamole because I wasn't in the mood to cook what I originally planned for lunch on Saturday.

It was my last bag so I won't be buying anymore and I plan to stick to whole nutritious foods moving forward. It is amazing what a difference something like that can make.

I realized this because I had a huge salad with grilled chicken for lunch today I felt so good afterward. My body seems to really like protein and veggies.

Dottie 10-10-2011 06:04 PM

Toned I know what you mean. I can eat a peach, gala apple or berries without a problem, but honeycrisp apples or kiwi fruit gives me massive cravings! it's all a learning process I guess.

Tonedbody 10-11-2011 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15076648)
Toned I know what you mean. I can eat a peach, gala apple or berries without a problem, but honeycrisp apples or kiwi fruit gives me massive cravings! it's all a learning process I guess.

Yes, I am finding that my body does "communicate" with me and tells me exactly what she likes. It is such a good thing that I can really hear and adjust accordingly :)

Dottie 10-17-2011 02:53 AM

B: coffee w/coconut oil and almond milk
D: tilapia; zucchini noodles w/garlic and cilantro sauce "pesto"(no cheese, just garlic, cilantro, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper)
S: eggs with spinach and mushrooms cooked in a little coconut oil, maybe curry spices

Tonedbody 10-17-2011 04:03 AM

B: Crab, green onion, & tomato omelet
L: Tuna, green onion, tomatoes, lemon juice, cucumber, capers, and Spanish Olives
D: Porkchops & string beans

Tonedbody 10-24-2011 09:23 AM

I fell off the wagon a couple of times over the last few days (completely off and under the wagon actually lots of sugar, not that great tasting but addictive and compulsive none the less). I am going to be a little more primal moving forward.

I probably won't eat much cheese but I will return to drinking caffinated tea and using stevia. I am also thinking of adding a nightly primal dessert.

I am trying to create some balance and make this a lifetime thing. I didn't feel deprived until recently so we shall see how this all works out.

B: Crab and Egg omelet
L: Salad: Grilled chicken, spinach, olives, roasted garlic, onion, sunflower seeds, cucumber, bacon, olive oil, and lemon juice
D: Steak and string beans with a paleo chocolate brownie

Dottie 10-24-2011 10:22 AM

Well remember it's just a few more days until a new month challenge, so dust yourself off and start anew:)

It's a low calorie day for me:
B: coffee w/almond milk; 2 egg whites, microwaved w/salt and pepper
D: 2 cups cauliflower grated as rice, cooked w/1tsp evoo, 1 egg white, 3oz shrimp, 2 tsp coconut aminos, cilantro, 1 shredded baby carrot and red pepper flakes(recipe added to the recipe thread)
S: 4oz 93% lean ground beef w/2 cups chopped cabbage and 1/2cup rotel tomatoes
494cals; 26g carbs; 11g fiber; 53g protein

Dottie 10-31-2011 03:52 AM

Morning!
Higher calorie day for me: primal

B: coffee w/almond milk and coconut oil; eggs w/butter
D: chicken breast w/pasta sauce, capers and olives topped w/provolone cheese; romaine, cuke, tomato salad w/italian dressing
S: ropa vieja (mexican pot roast)
Snack: apple and cranberry microwaved w/a little butter, cinnamon and stevia

Tonedbody 10-31-2011 04:06 AM

B: Tunafish & Eggs
L: ???
D: Pork Chops and String beans with a Paleo brownie

nicole2149 10-31-2011 06:53 AM

B: coffee + cream/stevia; hemp protein
L: salmon salad
D: spinach omelette

Tonedbody 10-31-2011 10:23 AM

I had grilled chicken wings and celery for lunch

Dottie 10-31-2011 11:07 AM

I love to make my own wings:)
Toss with olive oil, then a generous sprinkle of granulated garlic, salt and pepper - roast at 400f for 30 minutes until they're very crispy. Sometimes I give them a sprinkle of parmesan once they're cooked:)

Tonedbody 10-31-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15135984)
Morning!
Higher calorie day for me: primal

B: coffee w/almond milk and coconut oil; eggs w/butter
D: chicken breast w/pasta sauce, capers and olives topped w/provolone cheese; romaine, cuke, tomato salad w/italian dressing
S: ropa vieja (mexican pot roast)
Snack: apple and cranberry microwaved w/a little butter, cinnamon and stevia

How did the Ropa Vieja turn out?