Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Paleolithic & Neanderthin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/)
-   -   It's Wednesday, What are you eating today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/738482-its-wednesday-what-you-eating-today.html)

Tonedbody 10-05-2011 04:18 AM

It's Wednesday, What are you eating today?

B: Tuna in olive oil, 2 eggs, green onion, & capers (made into a lovely omelet)
L: Corned beef brisket and cucumber salad
D: Grilled porkchop and celery

Dottie 10-05-2011 05:09 AM

Morning!
B: coffee; pan fried 3oz sirloin and made tacos with romaine and the cooked sirloin, then topped with a little guacamole
D: meatloaf "sandwich" on romaine leaves w/onion, tomato and mustard
S: tilapia baked w/parsley, garlic, lemon zest and evoo over a bed of noodled zucchini
Snack: small peach or gala apple

Dottie 10-05-2011 06:29 PM

The scrambled macaroons were really good (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/pa...l#post15062447) but after not having anything sweet for a month, boy did it set off cravings!

Tonedbody 10-12-2011 03:03 AM

B: Tuna & onion omelet
L: Steak and cucumber salad
D: Grilled Chicken, guacamole, and celery

Dottie 10-12-2011 05:49 AM

:hiya:
B: coffee w/almond milk
D&S: chicken leg quarters; sliced cucumbers w/vinegar or my cook some cabbage or make cole slaw
Snack: peach; brazil nuts

Dottie 10-19-2011 02:43 AM

B: coffee w/coconut milk
D: poor mans lobster using cod fillets (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...s-lobster.html) and ghee; cucumbers
Snack: peach, sliced and drizzled with some ghee, stevia and cinnamon and microwaved
S: lean ground beef patty topped w/avocado, tomato, cilantro salsa

My calories have been really low the last few days, under 700 for like 6 days in a row, so I'm working on getting them up adding in fats.

Tonedbody 10-19-2011 04:07 AM

I put my info into ****** and even on my fish days I average about 1800 - 2000 calories

B: Steak, eggs, & salsa
L: ???
D: ???

Dottie 10-19-2011 04:32 AM

I did manage to get 2 deviled egg halves down for breakfast, too.

Dottie 10-19-2011 08:55 AM

I'm going to reserve that menu for tomorrow and eat a lot today. Probably bad stuff, maybe chinese or Mexican, to shake up my metabolism.
I went over the past 2 weeks menus and only twice have I been over 1000 cals, and those were less than 1300.

Tonedbody 10-19-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15101895)
I'm going to reserve that menu for tomorrow and eat a lot today. Probably bad stuff, maybe chinese or Mexican, to shake up my metabolism.
I went over the past 2 weeks menus and only twice have I been over 1000 cals, and those were less than 1300.

Yes, it is so important to adjust to your body's needs. I am getting in plenty of fat and iron today.

I stepped back a lot on the fat now I think I need to add some in to get me back on track.

I am still back and forth on whether or not I will weigh myself. I think I will weigh again on the 1st and stick with that. The 1st of the month with no expectations. I think the no expectations thing is going to be the hard part.

Dottie 10-19-2011 09:01 AM

That was so hard on the last challenge, not weighing lol:)
I know eating primal or paleo, I'm completely satisfied with very little food. I need to pay more attention to the patterns and make sure I have a few days a week of higher calories to offset the very low calorie days I've been having.

Tonedbody 10-19-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15101925)
That was so hard on the last challenge, not weighing lol:)
I know eating primal or paleo, I'm completely satisfied with very little food. I need to pay more attention to the patterns and make sure I have a few days a week of higher calories to offset the very low calorie days I've been having.

I wanted to stop weighing myself because I never felt good after stepping on a scale.

I want to atleast weigh once per month and I hope I can be sensible about it.

My lip has a tiny irritation/rash on it, I think it might be the coconut butter :(

Tonedbody 10-26-2011 03:31 AM

B: Meatballs with maranara
L: Meatballs with maranara
D: Steak, string beans, & paleo brownie

Dottie 10-26-2011 05:39 AM

Low-calorie day for me today, and I may go off primal by adding some whole wheat bread (not sure yet). I may just double the shrimp in the soup instead - probably will since I've been off grains so long lol.

B: coffee; cup almond milk through the day
D: soup(1 cup pacific naturals chicken broth, 3oz shrimp, cup celery, 6oz cauliflower “rice”) and a sandwich(maybe lol- bread!); 2sl delightfuls whole wheat (45 cals per slice), 1 slice smoked ham, mustard, lettuce OR will double the shrimp and add a diced tomato for approx the same calories
S: 4oz sknls/bnls chicken breast, cup green giant broccoli and 3 cheese(45 cals)
Using SoHappy’s idea, I brewed a real strong cup of ginger peach tea, added some stevia and gluc powder. My primal version of jell-o lol.
471cals, 38g carbs, 14g fiber, 59g protein

Tonedbody 10-26-2011 12:53 PM

Sounds tasty and lots of bulk!

michellew67 10-26-2011 05:23 PM

B: chicken and spinach - 3 egg omelette cooked in coconut oil
L: garlic and chilli King Prawn stir fry.
D: chicken pizza (tomato paste, mixed peppers, chopped onions, goats cheese)
3ltrs water, 1 decaf coffee.

Dottie 10-26-2011 05:29 PM

Skipped the sandwich but was pretty full even on the small amount of food:)

nicole2149 11-02-2011 06:52 AM

B: coffee + coconut cream; greek yogurt + blueberries + whey protein
L: none
D: greek meatza (mark sisson recipe) + steamed broccoli; 1 gl. red wine

Tonedbody 11-02-2011 07:56 AM

B: Crab claw, eggs, green onion, red onion, tomato, & butter
L: Beer marinated chicken with green beans
D: ???

I am thinking of making a lemon cake with a marscapone icing. I am not sure my stomach will be able to handle the marscapone so I am still on the fence. The ingredients will be primal since I will be using dairy in the icing. It will be low carb sweetened with stevia.

Desdemona98 11-16-2011 02:43 PM

B: Latte w/coconut milk and Jerky (breakfast at my desk, yay! ha)
L: Salad and water
S: raw almonds
D: bunless burger with avacado and all the veggies (which I am really looking forward too.. its one of my favorite things!)