Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tonedbody
I had a huge delicious salad today and I felt wonderful!

I realized that on the weekend I ran out of good quality nutritious food. I ate pork rinds and guacamole for lunch because I didn't feel like cooking

Even when I was doing Atkins weekends were an issue because I would want to lay around and I would be out of good food so I would piece things together that weren't the healthiest and caused lots of cravings.

I realized I feel best with good quality protein and veggies!

I also realized that it is important to keep the house stocked with quick yummy and nutritious foods especially on the weekends.

Last edited by Tonedbody; 10-10-2011 at 05:12 PM..
Tonedbody is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonedbody View Post
I had a huge delicious salad today and I felt wonderful!

I realized that on the weekend I ran out of good quality nutritious food. I ate pork rinds and guacamole for lunch because I didn't feel like cooking

Even when I was doing Atkins weekends were an issue because I would want to lay around and I would be out of good food so I would piece things together that weren't the healthiest and caused lots of cravings.

I realized I feel best with good quality protein and veggies!

I also realized that it is important to keep the house stocked with quick yummy and nutritious foods especially on the weekends.
I have the same issue. I am busy with family on the weekends and out of my food routine. This Friday I want to make sure I stock up on good food.
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:10 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

I am still feeling WONDERFUL without cheese!

I am pretty sure this is going to be a lifetime thing for me. I don't even miss cheese

I am sure it is for the best since I am lactose intolerant.

I can feel myself getting thinner and my body is looking and feeling great!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:15 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: girondet
Stats: Maintaining 125-128, 5'5"
WOE: Bernstein/paleo
Start Date: May 2009
That's great, Tonedbody! 'Specially the getting thinner part. My wish too.

I have lost a couple of lbs. that I'd picked up on vacation and being less than totally careful, but I feel about the same. I felt fine before starting this. This should be a few months' experiment for me to see if I show improvement in my lab markers for autoimmune disease due to a dairy allergy trigger. Between giving up grains and this,
I'm eating paleo all right. I avoid anything in a package except my almond meal.

I do very much like eating lots of fresh, unadulterated foods.

However, I miss cheese for snacks. Right now I use almond milk and coconut milk, a little bit of chocolate, and nuts. Nut butters. Any other ideas?
Old 10-13-2011, 06:25 AM   #35
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Popping in to cheer you on
I'm on the primal side of the challenge, but still about 90% paleo,
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by girondet View Post
That's great, Tonedbody! 'Specially the getting thinner part. My wish too.

I have lost a couple of lbs. that I'd picked up on vacation and being less than totally careful, but I feel about the same. I felt fine before starting this. This should be a few months' experiment for me to see if I show improvement in my lab markers for autoimmune disease due to a dairy allergy trigger. Between giving up grains and this,
I'm eating paleo all right. I avoid anything in a package except my almond meal.

I do very much like eating lots of fresh, unadulterated foods.

However, I miss cheese for snacks. Right now I use almond milk and coconut milk, a little bit of chocolate, and nuts. Nut butters. Any other ideas?
What about boiled eggs or deviled eggs.

I am doing Dr. Kruse's leptin reset so I don't snack. I find it much easier and I am feeling better without snacking

I do my 50g breakfast, lately it has been two scrambled eggs with a can of tuna in olive oil and veggies. I do lunch & dinner with 8-12 oz of meat (usually closer to 8 oz sometimes less) and veggie.

The only time I have had cravings was when I tried to sub a real meal with a bag of pork rinds
Old 10-13-2011, 09:35 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Popping in to cheer you on
I'm on the primal side of the challenge, but still about 90% paleo,
Yes you are doing awesome! I love your menus & recipes, very inspiring.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #38
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
I was reading that there's a connection between higher sodium intake and appetite. Possibly the salt from the pork rinds were the problem?
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:47 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I was reading that there's a connection between higher sodium intake and appetite. Possibly the salt from the pork rinds were the problem?
It could be, I wasn't hungry after eating them but it definitely made me crave other stuff.

I will keep this in mind, I did really well on a low sodium diet (Michael Thurmond's 6WBMO) I couldn't sustain the diet though because the foods was low fat, low cal, and low taste
Old 10-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the deviled eggs tip, Tonedbody...Good idea....I am staying full longer, but still can't seem to go totally without a snack between meals. Yet.

I noticed lots of good recipes in the recipe section. Thank goodness...I tend to get too minimal and plain in my meals and then wonder why I'm bored! Thanks for all the work you did there, Dottie...awesome!

Still going along fine and my clothes are definitely fitting better.
girondet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:06 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks for the deviled eggs tip, Tonedbody...Good idea....I am staying full longer, but still can't seem to go totally without a snack between meals. Yet.

I noticed lots of good recipes in the recipe section. Thank goodness...I tend to get too minimal and plain in my meals and then wonder why I'm bored! Thanks for all the work you did there, Dottie...awesome!

Still going along fine and my clothes are definitely fitting better.
I am very minimal too, I buy all of my meats on Sunday or Monday and marinate them in gallon sized bags enough for each meal and a little leftover for lunch or breakfast the next day. I pop them in the freezer and I take one of them out in the morning to defrost and pop them on the grill when I get home from the gym at 6:30 p.m. I eat some type of raw veggie with them and keep it moving. I usually am done eating by around 7:30. My days are busy but it helps to have a routine.

For breakfast I eat meat leftover from the night before with eggs or canned tuna in olive oil with eggs. I also make chili or meatballs or some other one pot meal that stretches throughout the week and serves as breakfast.

I eat very simply and honestly on a weekday I find "recipes" overwhelming. I exercise after work so I need a meal cooked and ready as soon as possible when I get home.

It helps to organize. The marinades make it nice too. Raw veggies are easy sides: guacamole, cucumber salad, celery, marinated kale, salads, etc.

My husband isn't paleo so I make him string beans and brown rice to go with whatever meat I cook and he is a happy camper. He is very simple in his taste and as long as there is meat on the plate he is good to go.

Last edited by Tonedbody; 10-14-2011 at 05:23 PM..
Old 10-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

I'm still hanging in. It's getting easier and I'm feeling pretty good. While I do my daily walk I listen to the podcasts at the Robb Wolf website. My blood sugar readings are awesome, so I've even added in a bit of fruit and starch from sweet potato or plantains. Only a quarter cup of each. I couldn't eat them regularly before, so maybe paleo is the way for me.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:13 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

I am doing okay, I feel as if I am unraveling a bit. I was going strong for a while lately I have had more cravings and I have been eating outside of meal times.

I had about 2-3 dark chocolate bars as well. I am working to get back into the flow of this

I don't feel completely off track but I can see how this behavior could get out of hand if my focus shifts.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:31 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

I make coconut bark by melting together 2 squares of Lindt 70% chocolate and 3 tbs. coconut oil, add a bit of orange or banana extract and freeze it. It stretches the chocolate and all that coconut oil helps me be satisfied with just a little bit of chocolate. I might eat half that in a day, but wouldn't feel that bad if i went over that. It makes lots of bark.

Don't think it's cheating....even tho our paleo ancestors couldn't find or make this. LOL!

Well....it does contain a bit of sugar...in the Lindt. I am thinking of trying it with Baker's chocolate and sweetening it
with just a little bit of squeezed orange or some unsweetened coconut.....gradually I am losing my sweet tooth somewhat.

Last edited by girondet; 10-20-2011 at 11:34 AM..
Old 10-24-2011, 05:15 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

I once read that if you do something for 3 weeks it has become a habit. Worked for me with drinking black coffee and being ok with it for many years. Anyway, whoo hoo, have now done this for 3 weeks!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Clabbergirl
WOE: modified paleo/primal
Start Date: 9/14/11
Quote:
I once read that if you do something for 3 weeks it has become a habit. Worked for me with drinking black coffee and being ok with it for many years. Anyway, whoo hoo, have now done this for 3 weeks!
Oh my I hope so. I'm trying to cut out sweeteners, really struggling with that. Today I'm drinking unsweetened iced tea instead of my usual splenda-sweetened glass that I start every workday with. Ugh. It's really not been to bad, but I'm wondering if I can ever get used to it. Three weeks...we'll see.
Clabbergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:01 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

As long as you drink a lot of it, don't avoid it, I think it will become a habit after three weeks. My husband tried it with coffee, but unfortunately just ended up not ever wanting to drink the coffee that way, so finally gave up the idea. He's now trying cutting down gradually. It does seem to be working for him.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:39 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Clabbergirl
WOE: modified paleo/primal
Start Date: 9/14/11
Quote:
As long as you drink a lot of it, don't avoid it, I think it will become a habit after three weeks. My husband tried it with coffee, but unfortunately just ended up not ever wanting to drink the coffee that way, so finally gave up the idea. He's now trying cutting down gradually. It does seem to be working for him.
Funny you mention avoidance. I've found that I'll think to myself, 'time to get a glass of tea', and then following that thought up with, 'ugh, maybe not'. And either drinking nothing, or getting a glass of water. More often than not, it's been drinking nothing, which is a bad idea. I've got to get my head around no sweetener. I think I brewed this last batch too strong also - not helping.

Thanks for the encouragement, btw!
Clabbergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:01 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

I totally forgot to mention this it's so routine. I have been drinking hot tea without sweetener for decades. It's my comfort thing. Many cups a day, usually no caffeine, and I shudder to think about having put sugar in it all that time!

You'll be glad you did this.

Last edited by girondet; 10-26-2011 at 07:03 AM..