Been doing my due dilgence on Paleo
I/ve read (or am reading):
1. The Paleo Diet
2. The Primal Blueprint
3. Everyday Paleo
4. Primal Body
I am a lapsed (but supportive low carber) but frankly have tried every plan under the sun over the course of my lifetime (including a recent round of HCG in which I was successful but it is IMPOSSIBLE to maintain (for me) - weight came flying back on.
I keep coming back to thinking and reading about paleo and/or low carb so if I listen to my intuition, I really think it's the way my body needs to be fueled (of course being a sugar/carb addict makes resistance/compliance to this difficult). I do have have a few questions for you Paleo eaters:
1. Did you find Paleo eating as effective for fat loss as a more traditional low carb approach (I have fat to lose)
2. Do you find compliance difficult?
3. What were your changes in energy and attention - that's where I think Paleo is my answer. I seem to be in an almost constant state of fatigue/brain fog these days. I know it's diet related.
4. What are your favorite recipes (or sources for recipes)?
Feed back on any or all of these questions would be greatly appreciated.
1. Not sure. I know I am smaller by about 1/2 a size in the past month, and that included several off-program days while my son was home from school (real off lol).
2. At times, yes. Eating out is kind of tough because you don't know exactly how things are prepared (marinades, etc). Stick to steak and salad and ask for olive oil and vinegar(or take your own) to be perfectly safe. Seasonal veggies if they have them, just ask for them to be steamed or sauteed simply, salt and pepper nothing else. Most places here have zucchini and crookneck squash or broccoli this time of year, so that works well.
3. Yes! I am much more focused and have a ton of energy. If I don't work out, I'm all fidgity and just bursting lol.
4. I like to create my own. I check blogs like nomnompaleo and everydaypaleo for ideas then set off on my own creations:)
My personal demons:
a. Giving up half and half and stevia. Though I don't *have* to, I want to get my head in the game and, for me, this is a real challenge that I have to focus on.
b. Cooking for DH and son (son's back at school so not too tough now). DH says he's "in" but I know after years that means "as long as you can see me" lol. So I have to be careful not to overload him on fat and protein because I know he's going to grab a breakfast taco or something like that and the combo of those kinds of carbs + fat are bad. That's why you'll see a lot of my recipes don't have a lot of added cooking fat, though you can add them if you like, I simply keep it leaner for his sake :)
There is a recepie thread stickied right at the top of this section..
I have fat fasted, VLC, meat and egg etc.. weight didn't come off as easily for me as it does with paleo, when im on i'm on..
paleo is all about leaning out-if you do it right, I think. I definitely had a HUGE clearing in my head. I have so much mental clarity now it is crazy and I was low carb before.
I am totally a nomnompaleo fan. Marks Daily Apple has good recipes too--and FITBOMB has the links to over 20 recipe sites--remember people have different views on dairy and oils, etc so take that into account when looking at recipes.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:25 PM.|