Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 05:39 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bluebirder
Stats: '98 - 205, '06 - 190/135/150 - 5'8" - 52 yrs.
WOE: Whole Foods (but Atkins gave me my start)
Start Date: 1st time 1998: 2nd time 2006 (back to basics)
Ancestral Health Symposium

Hi Everyone! Did any of your attend this past weekend? I seriously thought about it but when I found out it was SOLD OUT. Now I'm looking for information from it on the internet. If any one has a link to post here. good blogs, videos transcripts, maybe that would help use find the information faster. I'd also like to hear from those who attended.
bluebirder is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2011, 05:51 AM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Fawn posted that she did attend. I'm sure she'll have a lot to say about it
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:02 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: fawn
Hey bluebirder, I did in fact attend the AHS. (See my avi with Robb Wolf)
It was a great weekend and the video transcript should in fact be up soon. There area variety of blogs and tweets out there reporting and I'm finishing up my blog post later tonight.

For tweets, look for #AHS11 and you might check the Ancestry Foundation frequently for the video
fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: catkan
WOE: Moderate Carbs
I am looking forward to reading it Fawn. I was catching the tweets, sounds like there was some fun going on too!
catkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistyJ View Post
I am looking forward to reading it Fawn. I was catching the tweets, sounds like there was some fun going on too!
I'm so behind. Had 2 personal clients then had to head back to work at Whole Foods so I'm a bit slow but I should be done by this weekend.

There were a few funny moments. Gary Taubes decided to put Stephen Guyenet to task in front of everyone and of course our dear Richard Feinmann (no bs kind of guy) did the same to Gary for some of his descriptions so while us little fish sat in the audience, some of the bigger fish weren't playing nice. I think someone has it on video.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cuthbert
Stats: 265/199/200
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: December 2010
Heard about the Taubes thing. I listened to Robbs podcast today and he had the Kracken and Mark Sisson together out there. The sound quality sucked, but the points made for one of the best podcasts ever. Nice to see some balance among the titans in the Paleo/Primal community.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #7

Yeah Paul, then there was an incident with Lustig, Krauss (neuorsurgeon) and Chris Masterjhon after Chris' lecture. The incessant need for these brainiacs to all be correct with their theories can get a bit heated and entertaining.

When I spoke to Robb he was saying he's going to have to enter "the closet" to do the Kracken interview so that might explain the quality.....

Here's some video up already which will beat the heck out of anything I could post.

I'm excited to announce though that Robb said he'd be happy to make an appearance here at my store.

Ancestry on Vimeo