Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Paleolithic & Neanderthin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/)
-   -   Whats everyones exercise of choice? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/729520-whats-everyones-exercise-choice.html)

QueenBacon 07-26-2011 11:41 AM

Whats everyones exercise of choice?

I try to walk every day.. we don't own a car so its walking and public transportation for us most of the time... whats everyone else doing to get moving?

I also need to get it in gear and start to exercise more.. no excuses
how do you get and stay motivated?

LJB 07-26-2011 12:07 PM

I lift weights about 4 to 5 times a week and do minimal cardio. My biggest motivation is to find the best foods to eat to energize my body throughout the day and prevent binging on the weekends. I hate staying indoors during lunch so I take a 20 minute walk in the park next to where I work.

mollyme123 07-26-2011 12:13 PM

I try to walk/jog (depending on how I feel that day), every couple of days. I also do some cycling. Motivation is a huge thing for me...I think if I had a buddy to actually meet up with and exercise with it would be better, but I often make up every excuse in the book just to stay in where it's cool. Recently I started doing some yoga, which I really enjoy...So far motivation hasn't been a problem with that...

sadie_adriana 07-26-2011 02:17 PM

Treadmill every day for forty minutes, some weights
I also try to move around alot during the day
walking our dogs every evening for thirty minutes

mrob 07-26-2011 02:37 PM

my dog is saving my life. he motivates me to walk just about every day, sometimes twice. and i started running a few weeks ago, and he loves it.

never thought i'd be running. never.

Dottie 07-26-2011 02:38 PM

I do whatever I feel like for the day TBH.
Sometimes it's dumbbells, sometimes total gym, sometimes pilates and sometimes elliptical. Depends on what I'm in the mood for.

sadie_adriana 07-26-2011 08:07 PM

MRob, that is awesome!! Its never a bad walk, just getting out there is hard sometimes! lol

Brandieelynne 07-28-2011 11:34 AM

My hubby and I joined a local CrossFit gym. I am not super motivated (character flaw!) to work out on my own so I find the CrossFit gym/class makes me much more accountable. We go 5 days a week.

Chrystee 07-28-2011 08:16 PM

Just started crossfit, also love spinning/cycling, arc trainer(like elliptical) and I just started a martial arts class.

Nishinator 07-28-2011 08:20 PM

I go to tae kwon do. Group classes with a mixture of cardio an strength training AND the whole family can go!!! It's a very positive and family focused academy

Also I wear ankle weights around work - added strength training - more muscles = more fat loss (for the win!!!)

elliott 07-29-2011 06:29 AM

I'm doing the big three, Squats, Dead lifts and the Military Press.

I'm putting on muscle mass by doing this.

Primada 08-08-2011 03:14 AM

I always carry my great Omron pedometer. That pedometer keeps me accountable. I aim for 16000 steps a day - through walking, jogging, dancing, jogging in place, plus general activity. Yesterday I got 21872 steps, even in steamy South Carolina!

shoo 08-08-2011 08:26 AM

I do activities that I enjoy. I play tennis 2-3 times a week,golf 1-2 times,hike once or twice a week. I go to the gym a couple of times too,working out with heavy weights(no cardio)until I know I will be sore from it.I actually like the sore muscle feeling once in a while:)
In the winter,I no longer ski,but started snowshoeing last year and really like it. We live on a golf course and it's really nice in the winter to walk out my backdoor,strap on the showshoes and head out into the fresh air. Also go to a hot climate for several weeks in the winter so get in lots of walking and swimming.

If it's not fun....I find every excuse possible not to exercise!

Cornbread 08-09-2011 06:26 PM

I lift weights 4 times a week. I also do a lot of swimming for enjoyment. Occasionally I will do wind sprints, followed by some light jogging. I do ab work, too, but I hate it. Adding muscle by far has been the best non-diet thing I have done to take off the fat.

Desdemona98 08-22-2011 01:25 PM

I just joined a gym so I could take adavantage of their free daycare and their yoga classes! There are also free yoga classes where I work Monday's during lunch. I will probably try to add in another class or at least go there 3 times a week so I get my money's worth. I also take my son out for walks in which he rides his trike (it has a handle on it so I can control him) at least twice a week. He has tons of energy so we stay out for a while. I work on a base that's built on a hill so I also make a point of walking around during lunch.

QueenBacon 08-31-2011 04:18 AM

I need to get my butt in gear!

Tonedbody 08-31-2011 05:47 AM

I belong to my local YMCA

I go to three classes a week no matter what. I have been this way since late April of this year. Three days a week is what I plan to do for the rest of my life, it is very sustainable and I like that!

This summer it was Zumba, step aerobics, & kick boxing

I think the fall classes will be kick boxing, step aerobics, and floor aerobics

I workout a minimum three times per week sometimes I will get an extra workout in but usually it is only three days per week which I am very happy with. I am very consistent and I never miss a day. I go to the gym the same way I wake up and go to work every morning, no excuses.

I would like to improve on getting my workouts when I travel for business. I have that opportunity coming up in the next two weeks.

TJBW 09-06-2011 12:28 PM

I've been riding my stationary bike for over a year now every morning at 5:30 a.m. (before work). Recently, I started CrossFit and am aiming for 2-3 times per week. Weekends are for yard work or hiking.

momtocj7mea 09-13-2011 07:15 AM

I teach Zumba and Turbo Kick, and I lift weights a couple of times a week. Need to do more weight training and cut back some on the cardio. My family and I also do some crossfit workouts at home--need to do this more regularly. I love the crossfit WOD, they are often short (20min or less) and they kick your butt, lol.

chiody 09-21-2011 10:20 PM

Biking...:):):)

PaleoRainy 09-22-2011 10:52 AM

I have been doing crossfit, trail running and plain weightlifting for the last three years, more or less 5 days per week normally.
And when I get bored I'll do some plain aerobics dancing around like a mad thing. ;)

QueenBacon 11-16-2011 05:02 PM

Just did chalean extreme with hubby and I feel amazing!

Abbytha 11-17-2011 06:10 PM

I exercise 3 days a week at 6:15 a.m. at Curves & I also walk 3 miles 6 days a week at our local mall that opens for walkers at 7 a.m. I only walk inside when the weather is cold or rainy, which in Missouri will be cold until April. LOL. I wear shorts when I walk, which causes the mall walkers to tell me they are cold just by looking at me, but I cannot exercise with a lot of clothing on.

sillykimmie 11-17-2011 06:28 PM

Zumba several times a week, weight machines, treadmill
and when the weather cooperates, walking.
For the first time ever, I am making exercise a priority! :jumpjoy:

dano0726 11-21-2011 05:40 AM

I try to workout every morning -- strength training via pushups, pullups, dips mixed in with a dumbbell shoulder exercise routine.

Each evening, I jump rope for 15-30 minutes (hopefully) -- I'm getting better and more skilled, but when I started I had no coordination, rhythm, or balance....

Nothing, and I mean nothing that I want to do, gets my heart pounding in such a short period of time than jump rope.

I've done the P90X circuit a couple of times...but I much prefer the bodyweight + dumbbells along with the jump rope for cardio.

JazzleBug 11-21-2011 07:52 PM

Walking, playing tag with the kids, and climbing trees (no, not kidding). Thinking of adding the TRX in again.

Michiko 01-24-2012 07:34 PM

Walking is great for slow movement! :)

My average week is usually:

3 LHT workouts using either free weights (around 1 hour for the upper body), Bodylastics resistance bands (around 1 hour for the abs), calisthenics (45 minutes for the lower body) or the Primal Blueprint's Essential Movements (45 minutes).

1 sprint workout on the bike

A hike in the mountains (1.5-2 hours)

2 DDR workouts (45 minutes - 1 hour - this puts my heart rate above the recommended 55%-75% of my maximum heart rate, but it's such a blast!)

I often throw in some yoga in the mornings (10 sun salutations) just because it makes me feel so good. :)

Michiko 01-24-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoo (Post 14895165)
I do activities that I enjoy. I play tennis 2-3 times a week,golf 1-2 times,hike once or twice a week. I go to the gym a couple of times too,working out with heavy weights(no cardio)until I know I will be sore from it.I actually like the sore muscle feeling once in a while:)
In the winter,I no longer ski,but started snowshoeing last year and really like it. We live on a golf course and it's really nice in the winter to walk out my backdoor,strap on the showshoes and head out into the fresh air. Also go to a hot climate for several weeks in the winter so get in lots of walking and swimming.

If it's not fun....I find every excuse possible not to exercise!

I'm looking to start snowshoeing this winter too! Being outdoors and doing something fun is so much better for the spirit, isn't it? That's why I only resort to my exercise bike when there are absolutely no other options!

Nicole T 01-26-2012 01:54 PM

Kettle Bells (KettleWorx program), walking and yoga :)