Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Paleolithic & Neanderthin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/)
-   -   Breakfast ideas??? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/729490-breakfast-ideas.html)

micheleredit 07-26-2011 08:30 AM

Breakfast ideas???

As a beginner this plan looks awesome and something I could definitely do for life.
However I need some help forming some menu ideas. What are people eating for breakfast?? So far I see eggs and coffee.

Thanks!!!!

QueenBacon 07-26-2011 11:35 AM

I love steak and eggs with home made salsa.... YUMMMMMMMMMMM! and lots of cilantro

micheleredit 07-26-2011 02:54 PM

Wow this is gonna take a while to get my head around it.

No cereal, toast, oatmeal like I'm used to. Just have to keep telling myself how much healthier I'm gonna be!!!

granolamom 07-26-2011 03:25 PM

Eggs is my staple ...in Robb Wolfs book he had a 30 day menu and it has some great ideas in it. I had to return it to the library before I could jot them down..so I am going to get it again.

micheleredit 07-26-2011 04:12 PM

Yeah I may have to get his book. I'm gonna need some ideas

granolamom 07-26-2011 05:11 PM

I love scrambled eggs with mixed veggies.... sauted spinach topped with fried eggs
today was fried eggs & sauted zucchini
crustless quiche .. minus the cheese if you are not doing cheese

smoothies

google paleo breakfast and I saw some ideas come up but I cant link to those sites.

micheleredit 07-26-2011 05:56 PM

Awesome!!!! I just got back from the grocery store. I can't wait to start this tomorrow.

Dottie 07-26-2011 06:06 PM

I rarely eat breakfast, but I try to keep it simple. Either eggs or steak and eggs, or something like that. I do keep fresh pico-de-galo type salsa on hand(just tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, onions, lime and vinegar)for my eggs. I just love it on them :)

sadie_adriana 07-26-2011 06:21 PM

I'm weird about breakfast, I like to go on the treadmill with an empty stomach (I do drink black coffee before) so I usually eat after walking.
Its usually 10-11 am when I'm done, so I will have a snack, bite of this or that leftover?
I eat a BIG salad with protein for lunch or again whatever is left from dinner.

Brandieelynne 07-28-2011 11:41 AM

I don't always eat breakfast (except coffee) but I feed my husband the same thing every day :)
He eats: 2 bacon slices, 2 scrambled eggs with sauteed bell peppers/onions, 1/2 avocado. He drinks coffee w/ coconut milk.

Or if we have leftovers from dinner I may use that instead.

Ailuros 07-28-2011 01:01 PM

Any egg-less ideas? I'm not actually eating paleo, but I'd like to reduce the amount of dairy I eat, which means getting away from my usual cottage cheese or Greek yoghurt - and the paleo section seemed like a good place for dairy-free ideas. I never really liked eggs very much, but these days seem to be allergic to them.

In the past I've had meat, maybe with fried tomatoes or something similar, but I don't seem to be in the mood for "dinner foods" at breakfast at the moment.

Dottie 07-28-2011 01:36 PM

I've seen recipes using ground almonds or other nuts and mixing in coconut milk to make a "cereal" (topped with fruit often in recipes) but I've never tried it.