|07-21-2011, 06:01 AM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Benefits while you're stalled
Ok I'm frustrated. Same 5 pound bounce for two months. I'll go with the thought that my body is adjusting since I've lost quite a lot in the last year.
So benefits even though the scale isn't moving?
1. My clothes are loose. I haven't lost a full size in the past 2 months, but it's close.
2. My blood sugar is very good. (I'm not diabetic but my BS readings are very steady now)
3. I've completely gotten off blood pressure medication (doctor knows, we talked and have been reducing the dosage over the last year) except the lasix which is for mild edema in my right leg from an old blood clot.
4. No appetite at all (may not be a good thing as I tracked my food the last several weeks and my average calories is around 800 -may be why I'm not losing)
5. energy to burn, so to speak, for my workouts.
6. My skin is tightening up! Might be the stall, or the food, or the fact that I have been taking the time to moisturize every day, or the exercise lol -whatever it is, I'll take it!
So... name yours!
(and any advice to get the scale moving again would be much appreciated)
https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/default.aspx <--FDA tracking tools
http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ <--FDA nutritional counts
http://www.thedailyplate.com/ <-- food and exercise tracking
http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions
Need to contact LCF?
Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.
2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
|07-22-2011, 04:26 PM||#2|
Major LCF Poster!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bellingham, WA
Start Date: 1/7/11
Ahhhh....I hear you! I lost 3 lbs in June and then nothing since then. It is so frustrating to maintain!! What I have noticed (and others have said so, too) is:
1. I am glowing/look healthy
2. overall smaller
3. skin looks clear
4. Regulated appetite
5. More energy
|07-22-2011, 04:30 PM||#3|
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Stats: 364/239/125 5'5" 
WOE: About 25 net
Start Date: August 31, 2012
I look at stalls as mini maintenance periods. Since the vast majority of a dieter's time will (hopefully) be spent in maintenance, these short periods of time are a great testing ground. It's a positive way to consider those times when the scale isn't moving.