Benefits while you're stalled
Ok I'm frustrated. Same 5 pound bounce for two months. I'll go with the thought that my body is adjusting since I've lost quite a lot in the last year.
So benefits even though the scale isn't moving?
1. My clothes are loose. I haven't lost a full size in the past 2 months, but it's close.
2. My blood sugar is very good. (I'm not diabetic but my BS readings are very steady now)
3. I've completely gotten off blood pressure medication (doctor knows, we talked and have been reducing the dosage over the last year) except the lasix which is for mild edema in my right leg from an old blood clot.
4. No appetite at all (may not be a good thing as I tracked my food the last several weeks and my average calories is around 800 -may be why I'm not losing)
5. energy to burn, so to speak, for my workouts.
6. My skin is tightening up! Might be the stall, or the food, or the fact that I have been taking the time to moisturize every day, or the exercise lol -whatever it is, I'll take it!
So... name yours!
(and any advice to get the scale moving again would be much appreciated)
Ahhhh....I hear you! I lost 3 lbs in June and then nothing since then. It is so frustrating to maintain!! What I have noticed (and others have said so, too) is:
1. I am glowing/look healthy
2. overall smaller
3. skin looks clear
4. Regulated appetite
5. More energy
I look at stalls as mini maintenance periods. Since the vast majority of a dieter's time will (hopefully) be spent in maintenance, these short periods of time are a great testing ground. It's a positive way to consider those times when the scale isn't moving.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:45 AM.|