Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Paleolithic & Neanderthin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/)
-   -   I am really really missing my HWC (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/728578-i-am-really-really-missing-my-hwc.html)

granolamom 07-17-2011 06:39 PM

I am really really missing my HWC

I broke down and had an iced coffee w/HWC last night I was out with a friend we went to dinner I ordered my salad without cheese then we were heading to a painting class and she stopped at Starbucks drive through...I caved.
I know a lot of ppl who do Paleo have HWC..and I do plan to add it back..but I wanted to try not having it for 30 days...I made it almost 6 lol! I dont have any at home but I have been missing my iced coffee BUT the bright side the reason I was doing this is I had been in a stall and was using my iced coffee's as well food :/ I had put on 3lbs that I had lost..water weight I think from the 4th of the July... well this week those 3 came off plus 2! Yay I really think it was the no dairy and the increase in water. So I am going back to what I did last week but I just needed a place to feel sorry for myself for just a moment. Really its only iced coffee....I can have it again someday.. I did try it with coconut milk this week and it was drinkable but not really enjoyable.

Dottie 07-17-2011 06:56 PM

I hear you. I've gotten to like coconut milk a lot, just not in coffee!

bacon bit 07-17-2011 08:04 PM

Do you drink regular coffee black? I just wondered if you could take coffee and freeze it and add it to regular coffee...no, it's not the same. But that mixed with sf syrups (if you're consuming those) might be kind of close...idk, I feel for you. But it's not forever!

granolamom 07-17-2011 08:16 PM

I love coconut milk too just not in my coffee it was better when I added some liquid english toffee stevia...I dont normally sweeten my coffee but the coconut milk mixture needed something.
baconbit you are right its not forever I can do anything temporarily.

Brandieelynne 07-24-2011 07:28 PM

If you want to go off the HWC, here's an idea! I figured out that the only way I could use coconut milk in my coffee is if I made iced coffee. It's actually quite good and creamy! But for me it was a pain in the butt to make. I would brew several pots of coffee and refrigerate enough to last me the week. Using cold coffee, coconut milk, and stevia with ice is perfect!

But...I eventually went back to using HWC, LOL!

granolamom 07-25-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandieelynne (Post 14854943)
If you want to go off the HWC, here's an idea! I figured out that the only way I could use coconut milk in my coffee is if I made iced coffee. It's actually quite good and creamy! But for me it was a pain in the butt to make. I would brew several pots of coffee and refrigerate enough to last me the week. Using cold coffee, coconut milk, and stevia with ice is perfect!

But...I eventually went back to using HWC, LOL!

yeah....HWC is back I'm trying to regulate myself better this time but it was something that I really missed. I do love the way I'm eating the way I feel and I have to admit being able to have HWC and lose weight is pretty awesome :) While I hear others ordering their non-fat drinks I can proudly order my iced coffee w/HWC ...I look forward to the day that I am at a healthy weight there are times I wonder if ppl think I'm the size I am because of the cream..well in part I am..I'm smaller than I was! Ok sorry went way out on a ramble here.

Dottie 07-25-2011 10:56 AM

I hear you! I order an iced coffee with 2-3T half and half in it, rather than an iced latte with 1/2-3/4 cup skim milk! Same calories, much lower carbs and satisfying fat.

Chrystee 07-28-2011 09:18 PM

I always get a iced breve sugar free caramel coffee. That's so yum.. but I've been really limiting it. Maybe once a week.