Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Paleolithic & Neanderthin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/)
-   -   The Low Carb Lobby? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/728433-low-carb-lobby.html)

QueenBacon 07-16-2011 11:12 AM

The Low Carb Lobby?

Has anyone noticed since starting this wol that you really have not much in common with the low carb lobby anymore?
I use to love reading and posting there and its hard now because every other post is about cheese, hwc, or "sugar free treats".. :cry:

Cuthbert 07-16-2011 11:17 AM

I think you hit the nail on the head. I had a conversation with my mom last night and talked about how I started with atkins and after mucking about trying to find substitutions for all my favorite carby foods, I discovered there was a much more satisfying woe. Not trying to find substitutions makes it easier to forget I ever wanted the original versions too.

QueenBacon 07-16-2011 11:21 AM

I about once every other week will allow myself some sort of low carb treat.. for example sunday was my 31st bday and I had sugar free jello shots (omg what a treat!) lmao

and I may have one diet soda a week..

Dottie 07-16-2011 11:40 AM

I feel like, whatever works for someone is great:)
I do tend to advise removing "fake" foods if someone is stalling or gaining though.

Erin57 07-16-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerry (Post 14831787)
Has anyone noticed since starting this wol that you really have not much in common with the low carb lobby anymore?
I use to love reading and posting there and its hard now because every other post is about cheese, hwc, or "sugar free treats".. :cry:

Absolutely. Since discovering an allergy to eggs I feel like even more of a freak.

Going Paleo for me was really a decision that was made by my own body. I am jealous of those who can do dairy. Eliminating even butter has been very restricting for me.

I am not really jealous of anyone who does not have reactions to chemicals and processed foods. I consider myself one of the lucky ones for this. Just because you don't suffer reactions to unhealhty foods doesn't mean it is not causing you any harm.

I do wonder how many folks who are doing Paleo have someone in real life who they can relate to. I don't know anyone who eats like me.

Dottie 07-16-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin57 (Post 14831901)
I do wonder how many folks who are doing Paleo have someone in real life who they can relate to. I don't know anyone who eats like me.

I'm the only one here. Both DH and son eat 'normal' foods and, since I'm the cook, it's me having to do it. The only time I put my foot down is when we go out to dinner. I insist (strongly) that they pick a place that at least I can low-carb. I'm perfectly happy with a grilled steak, chicken or fish and a salad and veggies lol.
DH was doing low-carb with me, but I figured out that he was also eating crap at work, so I told him one or the other for his health.
I have no issues making lean proteins, lots of veggies and a "side" for them.

QueenBacon 07-16-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 14831913)
I'm the only one here. Both DH and son eat 'normal' foods and, since I'm the cook, it's me having to do it. The only time I put my foot down is when we go out to dinner. I insist (strongly) that they pick a place that at least I can low-carb. I'm perfectly happy with a grilled steak, chicken or fish and a salad and veggies lol.
DH was doing low-carb with me, but I figured out that he was also eating crap at work, so I told him one or the other for his health.
I have no issues making lean proteins, lots of veggies and a "side" for them.

omg I heard that my husband eats crap at work too! lol
he is doing "paleo" with me