Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 01:58 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: 4Angels2
Want to start Paleo

I am trying to start Paleo, but I am really wondering if I can still lose weight if I can't exercise. I can only do a few minutes of walking, I had a leg injury and anything beneath the belt as far as exercise is EXTREMELY painful and difficult. I can barely go to work, but I have a lot of time where I sit at work so its not so bad. I can lift weights and do crunches (to a point, after to many it somehow bothers my leg). It is so bad that when I go grocery shopping, even to pick up a few things, where others would use a hand basket, I have to use a cart for support. The thing is I am young still and my leg makes me feel like I am 115. Sorry for such a long post, but I really would love to get back into a size 8, which may not sound like much but for me it is. Currently I am a 16. Thanks!

Last edited by 4Angels2; 07-13-2011 at 02:00 AM..
4Angels2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2011, 05:56 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sugarfreesue
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: June-2011
Don't feel bad. I am in the same shape as you are. Actually if you read some people's books on paleo they don't emphsize heavy exercising. I know a lot of guys are into it, but we all know that ancient people did not go to the gym, lift weights or do other strenuous exercise on a daily basis. However they did walk everywhere and they did not have any modern conveniences. The main thing is the diet. As you lose weight you will be able to do more. Just take it one step at a time and do the best you can.
sugarfreesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #3
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
There's an old PBS program that's available on dvd now called "sit and be fit" that has mainly exercises you can do in a chair, or with a chair as support. Maybe try something like that to increase your movements without bothering your leg too much.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: granolamom
Stats: HW:241 SW:236/212.6/145
WOE: Atkins <20g net carb/clean eating
Start Date: Jan 3, 2011
I say go for it. Exercise will naturally come as you start to feel better. I'm not want to talk much about exercise as I'm very inconsistent with it..but I do know that I have more energy now and with each lb I lose it seems to increase. When the time comes to exercise just take it slow and easy. I wouldn't let not being able to exercise stop you from making changes. I like to think out a year...and look ahead and think if I chose to not do anything I'd probably be the same size or larger a year from now...but just by changing what foods I put in my mouth I've lost 35lbs since the beginning of the year....there are times I wish it were more..but had I done nothing it would of been nothing.
Go for it!

No one can make you feel inferior without your permission. -Eleanor Roosevelt

It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it. -Upton Sinclair
granolamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:59 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nanberrycritter
Stats: 315/283/135 5'5" age 42 (scale-free since Dec)
WOE: LC primal + raw dairy
Start Date: ketogenic since Dec 20, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by granolamom View Post
I say go for it. Exercise will naturally come as you start to feel better. I'm not want to talk much about exercise as I'm very inconsistent with it..but I do know that I have more energy now and with each lb I lose it seems to increase. When the time comes to exercise just take it slow and easy. I wouldn't let not being able to exercise stop you from making changes. I like to think out a year...and look ahead and think if I chose to not do anything I'd probably be the same size or larger a year from now...but just by changing what foods I put in my mouth I've lost 35lbs since the beginning of the year....there are times I wish it were more..but had I done nothing it would of been nothing.
Go for it!
Exactly my experience, too. Weight loss is 80% diet and only 20% exercise (approximate, of course); so focus on what you're eating and the doing will follow. Eliminating sugar and grains from your diet will ease your physical condition allowing for greater range of movement without pain. Try it, you'll be glad you did!
nanberrycritter is offline   Reply With Quote