Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Saturday Menus!

I was reading several paleo/primal blogs and sites and most of them say that going 80/20 is all they shoot for. So I'm trying really hard to stay there instead of 100%.
No meals planned for today. I may make up several hamburger pattys and just have those with some sliced cucumbers, tomatoes and mustard or home made mayo today. Sounds good right now!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nolcjunk
Stats: Whole foods lc, 110, 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
I think 80/20 is a great ratio to shoot for- if you do better that is just an extra bonus.

today I am having eggs/uncured bacon and wild salmon and a big salad.

I love the summer and all the fresh produce. I just want to eat vegetables all day long. Even when I make hamburgers I put so many vegetables ( greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, mushrooms) on them that they are more like vegetarian burgers.
nolcjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
I think 80 is pretty easy to do, too!
I was feeling bad about my coffee with sweet n low and half&half, but really it makes up a very small % of my weekly food intake. The rest of the time I'm pretty much primal/paleo (I still don't fully get the difference in the two terms).
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nolcjunk
Stats: Whole foods lc, 110, 5'6
WOE: Atkins - it's a diet
I am not sure either- I think it depends which author you follow and what name they coined for their particular approach.
nolcjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: granolamom
Stats: HW:241 SW:236/212.6/145
WOE: Atkins <20g net carb/clean eating
Start Date: Jan 3, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I think 80 is pretty easy to do, too!
I was feeling bad about my coffee with sweet n low and half&half, but really it makes up a very small % of my weekly food intake. The rest of the time I'm pretty much primal/paleo (I still don't fully get the difference in the two terms).
I hear ya on the terms it confuses me....I've always been an all or nothing gal so doing a plan not 100% is hard but Atkins is so modifiable that eating veggies, meats..fats...occassional flax & stevia and I'm still on plan...but I worry that once I say I'm paleo and I add flax, stevia...dairy down the road then its not true Paleo...I dont know I'm just rambeling here trying to figure this out... also since I'm not adding any fruit for the time being I feel like I'm doing Atkins with some OWL because of the nuts ..although not often......maybe that is why so many people put for their WOE: my way....
so I guess my way is modified Paleo, modified Atkins..whatever works right? Me thinks I'm splitting hairs... lol.... I do have to say so far I'm loving the way I've been eating this week...I felt this way when I started Atkins but the last month I was so blah...I feel revived...and seeing the scale move is a bonus... I'm at -4lbs this week ...though weigh in is not until Sunday so I'm not claiming it yet.

No one can make you feel inferior without your permission. -Eleanor Roosevelt

It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it. -Upton Sinclair
granolamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:54 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: 155/143.4/135
WOE: OKL
Start Date: October 2014
I feel that the difference between paleo and primal is that primal is more liberal, allowing dairy, fruit, and indulgences like dark chocolate and red wine. Some paleo authors also advocate lean meat over higher fat meats.

It's also a matter of terms and the opinions of different authors.

I think the best thing to do is take knowledge from different authors and make it work for you. Doesn't matter to me if I'm "truly" primal or not, as long as I feel good and reach my optimal weight. I'm on board with little sugar, no processed foods, no junk food, and no wheat (I'm gluten sensitive.)
LowCarbRachel is offline   Reply With Quote