Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Paleolithic & Neanderthin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/)
-   -   What's on the menu for Tuesday? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/726311-whats-menu-tuesday.html)

Dottie 06-28-2011 05:24 AM

What's on the menu for Tuesday?

Good morning!

B: coffee
D: pan fried tilapia (coconut oil just smeared in the pan for non-stickiness), may make some coconut flour and egg "tortillas" and have fish tacos; cole slaw(shredded cabbage, mayo, vinegar, stevia, salt and pepper)
S: small grilled sirloin; steamed zucchini w/butter

Dottie 06-28-2011 09:16 AM

Switch up for dinner, having baked chicken and fresh raspberries instead.

juliekaboolie 06-28-2011 02:33 PM

Hello! :)

B: 2 pieces bacon, 1/4 c hwc (tried an experiment based on Kurt Harris' blog and almost barfed...won't be drinking cream again...OMG!!)
L: taco meat (seasoned using my own seasonings...no sugar!), w/a dollop (1 tblsp) of sour cream, organic grape tomatoes, very light sprinkle of cheddar cheese, water

Going to try my hand at fasting by missing dinner tonight...I've never been successful missing a meal (LOL) but I'd like to see if it jump-starts my weight loss again...I am a very slow loser. UGH!

Cuthbert 06-28-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliekaboolie (Post 14778385)
Hello! :)

B: 2 pieces bacon, 1/4 c hwc (tried an experiment based on Kurt Harris' blog and almost barfed...won't be drinking cream again...OMG!!)
L: taco meat (seasoned using my own seasonings...no sugar!), w/a dollop (1 tblsp) of sour cream, organic grape tomatoes, very light sprinkle of cheddar cheese, water

Going to try my hand at fasting by missing dinner tonight...I've never been successful missing a meal (LOL) but I'd like to see if it jump-starts my weight loss again...I am a very slow loser. UGH!

Just put the cream in your coffee and call it good for breakfast. That way you can extend a protein fast from the last meal you had the night before to lunch. I guess I'm not squeamish about cream. I love the taste and texture. I bought a raw milk share and get the stuff that comes directly from the cow and what a difference that makes.

Oh yeah,

B- Coffee with cream
L- Failed Bison Marrow Experiment and 8 oz of pastured pork and half a coconut.
D- 4 oz of the pork on a salad with tomatoes and Braggs vinnegrette.
S- Couple squares of 85% dark

sadie_adriana 06-28-2011 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Breakfast
black coffee
baked chicken leg with spices

Lunch
salad with all kinds of veg, chicken
coffee

Dinner
baked cod
cauliflower fried rice

LJB 06-28-2011 06:01 PM

I'll post what I had for dinner.

Turkey burger, egg whites and for dessert some delectable strawberries. Now I am enjoying my tea and then heading to bed.

sadie_adriana 06-28-2011 06:11 PM

Some evenings I enjoy frozen blueberries, coconut flakes, coconut milk on top. This is heaven, seriously!

Erin57 06-28-2011 06:13 PM

Breakfast:
2 slices of bacon (nitrate free)
1 scrambled egg cooked in no oil

Lunch:
2 cups of spring salad mix
Oil and Vinegar
Guacamole (wholly Guac in package)
5 oz chicken breast (roasted at home)

Snacks were 1 chicken leg in the AM and 1 microwaved lemon sponge cake with chocolate sauce in the afternoon. (Recipe from here. Modified with no dairy or sugar substitutes.)

Dinner:
Fried Chicken. Dipped in egg, Almond Milk and then Flax Meal. Fried in Coconut Oil
Green Beans with butter
10 oz. Red Wine

LowCarbRachel 06-28-2011 08:11 PM

breakfast: roast beef, bacon
lunch: chicken caesar salad
dinner: curry chicken, whole milk yogurt with heavy cream, dark chocolate

(I do primal with dairy)