Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 07:42 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: speds
I totally recommend "Wheat Belly" - especially for those pondering a paleo-style change. The book made me so mad, I was able to give up wheat products the same day I read the book and never look back. We have been sold down the river health wise by "big agriculture". Now everytime I see an ad for "whole grain this" or "whole grain that" my dander goes up.

For then living the life -I recommend "Everyday Paleo" cookbooks (good and easy recipes) and "Practical Paleo" - common sense information and good recipes. There's also a TON of info online and in podcasts.
speds is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
I just read Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilipo and really enjoyed it. The front of the book is a thorough, in-depth, easy to follow presentation of healthful eating and the Paleo way of eating; in the back are her amazing recipes. Let me just say that with most cookbooks, I'm only interested in trying a few of the recipes but with hers, I want to try darn near every single one of them in this book! I consider that pretty phenomenal!

Just finished Wheat Belly, too. Informative read, but I don't care for his style of writing. I found him repeating himself too much.

Last edited by buttoni; 08-19-2012 at 05:21 PM..
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
New cookbook just came out this winter - Primal Cuisine by Pauli Halstead. Really good!

Endorsed by Nora Gedgaudas (some of you mentioned reading her incredible book, Primal Body Primal Mind)
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Healthy Low Carb
subbing
Its me - WENDALINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:05 AM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KaraMcC
30 Day Guide to Paleo Cooking

I just started Paleo, and I love The 30 Day Guide to Paleo Cooking by Bill Staley and Hayley Mason.

I also read Wheat Belly by Dr. Davis which "sold me" on Paleo.
KaraMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DouggieT
I really enjoyed the Paleo Recipe Book. Along with the Paleo Recipe Book, I also read many other helpful reviews on detox, healthy eating, and weight loss. Paleo has been great for me the past month. link removed by moderator. Please do not link to sales/services sites
DouggieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #37
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/166/130
WOE: paleo eating
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
I wanted to also plug 21 Day sugar detox.
I have the Ebook and can't wait for the print to come out the end of this month!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawn View Post
The Paleo Diet and The Paleo Diet Cookbook Loren Cordain
The New Evolution Diet by Art Devany
The Paleo Solution Robb Wolf
I would flip through books in the bookstore and see what they are recommending. Some authors have since recanted their written lean meat recommendations on blogs and webinars and such.

Paleo is sounding more like Westin A Price all the time. Here is an interesting article. I can't get the chart below the article to paste. The first part of the chart refers to the paleo books that recommend lean meats, no organ meats, avoiding fat...you can google for more info.

= = =

Differences Between the Weston A. Price Foundation Diet and the Paleo Diet

Written by Sally Fallon Morell

Monday, 07 October 2013 15:11

We are posting this information to clear up the considerable confusion about the Weston A. Price Foundation dietary principles and the “paleo diet.” We feel it necessary to do this because we often hear the two diets mentioned together—“the Weston Price Paleo Diet”—and we feel it very important to notethat the principles of these two diets are not the same.

Rest assured, we are not doing this to “attack” anyone personally; we are posting this information because we have a duty to provide accurate information about nutrition.

We are aware that many people experience short-term benefits from the paleo diet, especially people coming off the Standard American Diet (SAD) or vegan/vegetarian diets. However, in the long term, the paleo diet can lead to cravings and serious deficiencies.

We also appreciate the fact that many people who have adopted paleo diets are supporting farmers and ranchers who produce pasture-raised animal foods; and many paleo dieters are members of the Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund.

We also realize that there are many versions of the paleo diet, some of which incorporate some of the WAPF dietary principles. Nevertheless, the principles proposed by the two main spokesmen for the paleo diet—Loren Cordain and Robb Wolf—have virtually NO points in common with the WAPF principles.

For reviews of these two books, see

The Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain: (I removed link)
The Paleo Diet Solution by Robb Wolf: (I removed link)

A Google search for “Paleo Diet” brings up first the Loren Cordain and Robb Wolf websites, along with the Wikipedia entry for the paleo diet; The following analysis compares the WAPF diet with the paleodiet principles expressed in these websites and the books by Cordain and Wolf

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...el-method.html
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:34 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KyliesMom
Stats: 180/185/135
WOE: Atkins with eventual trans to Paleo
Start Date: 7/23/14
My FAVORITES:

Eat The Yolks by Liz Wolfe

Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans Hardcover by Michelle Tam - her recipes are AMAZING! ( hint if you make her Sirachi Sauce.... WEAR GLOVES!)

Practical Paleo .... Sure this one has been mentioned

This is my MAIN book and if you have any type of auto immune it's a MUST READ : The Paleo Approach: Reverse Autoimmune Disease and Heal Your Body by Sarah Ballantyne and Robb Wolf

Cavegirl Cuisine - eating paleo one bone at a time by Michelle Fagone - I just won this one on one of my Paleo blogs I follow it looks good but I havent started it yet
Old 04-04-2014, 08:36 PM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lil.trubl
Stats: 306/199/150
WOE: RxHCG/NK
Start Date: March 2012
My favorites...

Maria Emmerich ..all her cookbooks are awesome
Julie Daniluk.. Meals That Heal
Danielle Walker.. Against All Grain
lil.trubl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:02 AM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mirihawk
Stats: 265/258/150
WOE: Paleo-ish Cavewoman
Start Date: April 2014
I love Nom Nom Paleo's "Food for Humans". She also has a blog.
Well Fed and Well Fed 2 are really good and talk about method as well as the recipes.
I recently got one called Against All Grain that my daughter recommended.

I have some other ones but these are my faves. Still consider myself totally a newb even though I did a whole 30 last summer. Oh and "It Starts with Food" although not a cookbook is very helpful.

I'm still wandering in the desert but this website gives me hope!
mirihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:28 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Galveston Gal
Stats: 5'0"
WOE: Low Carb/High Fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyliesMom View Post

This is my MAIN book and if you have any type of auto immune it's a MUST READ : The Paleo Approach: Reverse Autoimmune Disease and Heal Your Body by Sarah Ballantyne and Robb Wolf

Amazon just delivered this book to the bottom of the stairs (I live in one of those houses on stilts!)
It is a Mother's Day gift from my Daughter-in-law and her husband(my Son)

I am so excited to DEVOUR all of its 432pages
Galveston Gal is offline   Reply With Quote