Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Paleolithic & Neanderthin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/)
-   -   Paleo Magazine...anyone here going to subscribe? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/paleolithic-neanderthin/719707-paleo-magazine-anyone-here-going-subscribe.html)

nanberrycritter 05-01-2011 12:28 PM

Paleo Magazine...anyone here going to subscribe?

I believe we've talked before about wishing there was a LC magazine. Well I just found out that a new magazine is supposed to be coming out this month, Paleo Magazine, Modern Day Primal Living. I'm so excited! :birthday:

fawn 05-01-2011 12:37 PM

Who's the author Nanberry? Do we know yet? I'll subscribe if there's a good author behind it.

I purchased tickets to the ancestral health symposium in August and I'm so excited to go!

NurseShannon 05-01-2011 12:43 PM

hmmm...My best friend put a bug in my ear about this and the healthy skeptic.

nanberrycritter 05-01-2011 12:45 PM

Hi Fawn! I just found out about it through US Wellness Meats. Not sure if they are publishing it or were just promoting it. There is a separate website, paleo mag online.

Listed contributors are:

David Csonka
Sarah Fragoso
Jason Kremer
Amy Kubal
Hayly & Bill from Primal Palate
Liz Wolfe

I'm so glad to see so many women invovled. I was worried it was going to male-dominated.

fawn 05-01-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanberrycritter (Post 14607989)
Hi Fawn! I just found out about it through US Wellness Meats. Not sure if they are publishing it or were just promoting it. There is a separate website, paleo mag online.

Listed contributors are:

David Csonka
Sarah Fragoso
Jason Kremer
Amy Kubal
Hayly & Bill from Primal Palate
Liz Wolfe

I'm so glad to see so many women invovled. I was worried it was going to male-dominated.

Nice.....Sarah's name tells me it's going to be quality content for sure! The others, I haven't had much experience with but will certainly look them up. She just put out a new cookbook.

nanberrycritter 05-01-2011 01:06 PM

Hey Shannon, I just got a short haircut like yours on Friday. I don't look as good as you though. I should have printed your pic & brought it with me.

Hmm, an ancestral health symposium sounds interesting. Tell me more, Fawn!

CarolynF 05-01-2011 01:14 PM

It's $30 for 6 issues with 50 pages in a mag..50 pages is not very big..

laffin 05-01-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 14608049)
It's $30 for 6 issues with 50 pages in a mag..50 pages is not very big..

And how many of those pages will contain ads?

nanberrycritter 05-01-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laffin (Post 14608060)
And how many of those pages will contain ads?

I don't know. Why don't you ask them?

nolcjunk 05-01-2011 01:41 PM

seems like a rip off. You can buy a couple of books for that $30 and read about new research online.

50 pages is more like a newsletter. A very expensive newsletter. I think they are taking advantage of the fact that no one else covers solely Paleo eating.

NurseShannon 05-01-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanberrycritter (Post 14608028)
Hey Shannon, I just got a short haircut like yours on Friday. I don't look as good as you though. I should have printed your pic & brought it with me.

Hmm, an ancestral health symposium sounds interesting. Tell me more, Fawn!

Thanks! I am in the process of letting my hair grow out now. We'll see how long that lasts with the humid Ohio Summers looming.
I really love short hair though!