Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TiffWhite
Rice protein powder that is still Paleo friendly?

My husband needs a protein powder that will fit into his dietary and nutrition plan ... he is a Caeliac as well as being on the Paleo Diet (no dairy/whey, no grains), and now no soy ... all easier said than done! I have looked on the product analizer on netrition.com and did find some rice proteins, but am not sure if they really are Paleo friendly? Is anyone out there familiar with what he is talking about?
TiffWhite is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffWhite View Post
My husband needs a protein powder that will fit into his dietary and nutrition plan ... he is a Caeliac as well as being on the Paleo Diet (no dairy/whey, no grains), and now no soy ... all easier said than done! I have looked on the product analizer on netrition.com and did find some rice proteins, but am not sure if they really are Paleo friendly? Is anyone out there familiar with what he is talking about?

Yes, I am familiar, and no, rice protein, or any protein powder of any sort...is not paleo. Consider: paleo foods are basically unprocessed, and there is nothing about any protein powder that isn't processed.

Of course, if he needs protein powder **anyway**, then he needs to consider which is the least offensive to paleo. I think that would probably be egg white protein or (less so) whey protein. There's an outside chance one could possibly catch and milk a cow, but rice.....not a chance.
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TiffWhite
I said the same about the rice not being Paleo friendly, and he said something about how the rice is synthesized or something?? I will have to ask him for sure what he means, thanks for your input though!
TiffWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Well, 'synthesized' ANYthing isn't paleo. But, do understand that paleo means different things to different people, and there may be a reason why he thinks this is appropriate. There's a great place for him to ask his question. It's called paleohacks....just do a quick search on that and you will find a wealth of information!
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:43 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: donwiss
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: 1996
No protein powder is paleo. All are products of technology and the paleo concept is based on foods as can be found in nature. But I don't understand why the question is being asked. There are lots and lots of paleo proteins that one can eat. What is wrong with meat, fish, and eggs?
donwiss is offline   Reply With Quote