Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2014, 09:27 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/175.5/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Fall for M&E friends

Leaves are turning, days are cool and crisp. Time for a change in threads. What are you up to, M&E family?
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2014, 11:37 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/139.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Marking my spot.

I updated my stats to reflect the beginning of the year. Ready to get my head into the game before the holiday assault starts
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:15 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Off to Monterey for the weekend. Have a great one everyone!
Old 09-25-2014, 10:29 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
I can't believe it's fall, wahh! I swear summer flew by. Aruralgirl good luck with the fat fast. I haven't done that in ages. I remember lots of Mac nuts, pork rinds and cream cheese. Terri have a great getaway!! Sorry your having a time with the weight creeping up, but it will fly off with m+e. Ae you still sticking to your workouts?

I've been doing decent with m+e this week. I was perfect on vacation, but I got home and ate tons of carbs. It is so weird. It's hard to diet when I have certai family staying here bc I can't workout in my living room and I get bombarded with questions and commentary whenever i eat somerhimh. I def indulged, but I'm
Back on track now. I'm on my 3rd week of my workouts and I'm feeling great again. I can't believe I slacked off so bad this summer. The meat and eggs def helped take off weihjt I had put on since my lay off, but I lost a good amount of my muscle tone. Never again will I slack off with my exercise and focus only on diet.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:11 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Krissa You're doing great! Keep up the good work. Totally understand getting off track. It's so easy when your schedule gets shaken up by others.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:30 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay E-Bud, are you ready to start tomorrow?

I had a great weekend. Lots of walking on the beach. Dry sand really gives me a great workout. Eating was okay for the most part. Could have been better, could have and has been much worse.

I tried on and separated all my jeans in graduating fits. Really, how many pairs does one girl need? So I'll definitely know the improvements as they come.

I'll weigh in and adjust my stats tomorrow. I already moved the first one to January 2014 starting and will keep that through the end of the year. At this point my realistic goal is to end the year 10# less then starting. And that means after the holidays.

Iím planning on FF Monday-Friday, but Iím going to make every effort to keep the losses coming and to actually get some to stick. I have done FF for 12 days before with real good results and no issues. Iím keeping that in the back of my mind, but havenít decided on past Friday at this point.

Whatís in your mind?
Old 09-28-2014, 04:04 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Definitely ready, E-Bud!

I'll do 5 days for sure. After that, not sure. By the end of the 5 days, I am usually so ravenous for meat that I'm not sure I could do 12 days. But, here's what I'm thinking. If I would not continue FF past 5 days, I could certainly switch over to a few strict M&E days, then cycle back to FF, so I'd be with you most of the time with FF.

Totally agree with you that I want to solidify the weight loss. This morning I was at 180, though Friday morning, after doing two days of an egg fast on Wednesday and Thursday, I weighed 178.5. Could be water weight due to approaching TOM. At any rate, it would be a Christmas present to me to end the year by reaching the 160s, even if I just get my foot in the door.

By the way, I tried a great recipe from the recipe section: Chocolate Flourless Brownies

And lo and behold, after punching in the numbers in my nutrition counter, it's like 218 calories and 87% fat. Very

On a different note, I will also be concentrating on water intake--12+ glasses--as well as doing the "something every day" exercise regimen.

So, yeah, ready for our FF adventure!
Old 09-28-2014, 04:08 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissakris View Post
I can't believe it's fall, wahh! I swear summer flew by. Aruralgirl good luck with the fat fast. I haven't done that in ages. I remember lots of Mac nuts, pork rinds and cream cheese. Terri have a great getaway!! Sorry your having a time with the weight creeping up, but it will fly off with m+e. Ae you still sticking to your workouts?

I've been doing decent with m+e this week. I was perfect on vacation, but I got home and ate tons of carbs. It is so weird. It's hard to diet when I have certai family staying here bc I can't workout in my living room and I get bombarded with questions and commentary whenever i eat somerhimh. I def indulged, but I'm
Back on track now. I'm on my 3rd week of my workouts and I'm feeling great again. I can't believe I slacked off so bad this summer. The meat and eggs def helped take off weihjt I had put on since my lay off, but I lost a good amount of my muscle tone. Never again will I slack off with my exercise and focus only on diet.
Great job with getting back on track with the workouts, Krissa! And for doing the M&E thing after the carbs. Totally understand how hard it is when people don't understand our WOE.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:44 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
By the way, I tried a great recipe from the recipe section: Chocolate Flourless Brownies

And lo and behold, after punching in the numbers in my nutrition counter, it's like 218 calories and 87% fat. Very
I'm going shopping tomorrow!!!

You've done great hanging on to your loses, much better than I from the way I feel tonight. I fear the scale tomorrow.

I have deviled eggs made and Brazil nuts packed. I had bought some guacamole from our last FF that's about to expire. I was trying to figure out what to do with it and found some "Just Jack Crisps" made from fried cheese. That'll work!

I'm going to focus more on water this time too. Now off to do my squats/lifts/abs.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:48 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Oops, forgot to mention, I made 12 servings out of the brownies.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:00 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Okay, E-Bud, here is the day's highlights.

Day 1 FF

B - one-egg omelet with cheese and mushroom

L - pepperoni chips with cheese and a little pizza sauce

D - 1 snicker doodle crepe and a brownie

S - pumpkin pie cheesecake, coffee

Water - 13 glasses

Exercise - 30 minutes of yardening
Old 09-29-2014, 07:57 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was wondering about the servings I may do a half batch since DH isn't much of a brownie eater. Did you use all the sweetener? How was the sweetness level?

My day:
B - Deviled Egg, coffee with HWC
L - Brazil Nuts
D - 1/2 Chicken Thigh, Small Salad with Caesar Dressing, Green Olives
1052 Calories, 84% fat

E - 30 minute power walk. My thighs are sore tonight. Whether from the sand walking or my workout last night I don't know. So that's it for me today.

W- 5 glasses and still working, clearly I need some more focus there
Old 09-30-2014, 04:45 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
I was wondering about the servings I may do a half batch since DH isn't much of a brownie eater. Did you use all the sweetener? How was the sweetness level?

My day:
B - Deviled Egg, coffee with HWC
L - Brazil Nuts
D - 1/2 Chicken Thigh, Small Salad with Caesar Dressing, Green Olives
1052 Calories, 84% fat

E - 30 minute power walk. My thighs are sore tonight. Whether from the sand walking or my workout last night I don't know. So that's it for me today.

W- 5 glasses and still working, clearly I need some more focus there
Great job, my friend!

I forgot to mention the other part of the stats--1,193 calories and 84% fat for me, too. I started out at 178 on Monday morning, and then this morning it was the same. Am not despairing, though, because TOM will get here within the week, so if loss is slow, it will whoosh soon enough. I can sometimes put on water weight several days beforehand, so we shall see how it plays out this time. With all the nightly trips to the bathroom, I would think I'm not retaining water at this point. And maybe this low of carbs will keep me from it.

About the sweetener--sorry I didn't answer that sooner! What I try to do is the first time around follow the recipe exactly, then I tweak to fit my tastes when I make it again. For the brownies I did use the full 1 1/2 cups of sweetener, especially since I used 3/4 cup of Splenda as part of the sweetener. You know Splenda can misbehave in chocolate recipes, so didn't want to trust it alone. The other 3/4 cup of sweetener was Truvia. I like the blend of these two. For me, this was the right amount of sweetener, but I do like things sweet--though not overly so.

BTW, my DH isn't a huge brownie lover, either. I kept saying, "Aren't these so good?" He replied, "They're okay. I'd rather have cheesecake." So I made him his own LC cheesecake and confiscated the rest of the brownies for my FF.

Okay, more stats tonight after I'm finished eating for the day.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:22 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

FF Day 2

Weight: 178

Calories: 1,198

Fat: 83%

Menu:

B - One-egg omelet with mushroom and cheese, coffee

L - Flourless brownie

D - Snickerdoodle crepe, 1 oz tuna with mayo

S - pumpkin pie cheesecake, coffee

Water: 12 glasses (or I should say cups)

Exercise: 7 or 8 minutes of chair gym, playing with nephews at playground.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:33 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That dang Tommy Boy, always the party crasher But you're right, will only make the whooshie sweeter.

Today - 1335/82%
B - Taco meat, avocado & Caesar Dressing, Coffee with HWC
L - Deviled egg & green olives
D - Burger, bacon & Alfredo with a little tomato, SF Whip

E - 30 minute power walk, Abs (thighs still sore )
W - 9 cups

I had some old HCG pellets in the drawer. I thought I'd try them to see if it helped the first day or two hunger. Seems to be working great. Looking over my journals it didn't seem to make much difference in losses on FF, but it didn't hurt, so what the hay.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:26 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10 | s8/10 | s4
WOE: M&E + Wine!
Start Date: October 1, 2014
Alright, guys:
I'm officially back FOR REAL.
LC vegan was pretty much impossible on my college meal plan and I just know my insulin levels were out of control.
I am going into meat & egg with my daily small glass of wine for at least the rest of the month.
I will post some progress pics every now and then since I won't be weighing.
Missed you all!
Definitely happy to be back to what I know will work - sucks for my morals, but I can't let my body get unhealthy.
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome back QB We missed you!
Old 10-01-2014, 07:16 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

So glad you're joining us again, QB!
Old 10-01-2014, 07:33 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Doing great, E-Bud! How is the HCG working for you?

As for me, I am HUNGRY! I'm blaming that on TOM, too.

FF Day 3

Weight: 176.5

Calories: 1,206 Fat: 82%

Menu:

B - snickerdoodle crepe, coffee

L - tuna w/ mayo and dill pickle spear

D - pizza on a plate (modified for FF)

S - flourless brownie, pumpkin pie cheesecake, coffee

Water: 12 cups

Exercise: 35 minutes gardening

As for tomorrow, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. . . Or, rather, I think we can, I think we can, I think we can!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:19 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Okay, you ladies seriously have me considering a FF! I def wasn't enjoying it when I did it, but looking at your menus I may have to try it. The last two weeks have been rocky. I've been eating carbs and more carbs, lol. Some days more than others and I started procrastinating with my workout for a few days. Today being the start of a new month and the last 1/4 of the year was enough to get me back on track. I definitely want to push it the next two months just in case December is a challenge with the holidays. I stuck strictly to meat and eggs today. In my head I want to do an Egg Fast, but I always wake up and want meat, lol. TOM is coming too, so I'm cutting myself some slack in terms of the salty carb cravings recently and not feeling guilty about not doing an egg fast this week.

In NSV news, I was able to fit into my suit which is a great feeling. It's easy to gain and not notice when you're out of work and not in work clothes all the time, lol.

Aruralgirl~You will definitely hit the 160's by xmas!! You have more than enough time.

Terri~It is amazing how many pairs of jeans a gal can have. I have so many, and I mostly wear yoga pants, lol.

gurlybee~welcome back! Try not to feel guilty, even being LC is a challenge at college. You have more than enough time to transition to Vegan at another time.

I hope everyone is having a great start to Oct
krissakris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:55 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much for welcoming me back, ladies!

Today is day 1, so here's what I'm thinking:

B: Coffee with coconut milk and a tiny splash of soy milk (I don't want to have more than an ounce of this since that's 2 carbs... is it weird to go into the coffee shop with a shot glass to make sure???)

L: Bacon burger patt(ies) with lots of mayo and mustard

D: A nice piece of fish and 4 oz wine

One thing that's really going to suck is not being able to have dairy anymore. I got a lot of my fat from butter, cream, and cheese when I was LC before so I guess I will see what happens. I am going to make sure I eat as much fatty meat as possible and hope for the best!
Goal of size 4 by December 31

Comfortably = no muffin tops or sucking in my gut!
Old 10-02-2014, 06:54 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woo Hoo E-Bud WTG All new low

Excellent NSV Krissa!! Isn't our size and feeling great in our own skin the real point! WTG!!!

Sounds like a great plan QB. I still do HWC and butter on M&E. Occasionally a bit of full fat Yogurt or cheese will work if I don't go crazy.

I was so tired last night I didn't make it to the computer to check in. Tired again this morning. I tried a little salt and low & behold I'm feeling better. I guess I had a touch of low carb flu

Yesterday 1065/86%
E - 30 min Power Walk
W - 10 cups

Today - Down 4#

HCG seems to be helping the hungries. By now on FF that isn't usually a problem, so I thought I might stop, but maybe it'll help me continue. So I'm keeping it for now.

We totally can!!! And are!!
Old 10-02-2014, 09:39 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

I contracted a dairy allergy so I can't have it anymore
BUT I forgot how creamy and delicious mayo is! I'm eating a burger with bacon and egg with lots of mayo and I don't miss the cheese at all! I am definitely going for mayo from now on!
Good luck with your FF, guys!
I had A TON of success on the FF (1-2+ pounds per day), but it was really dairy-based. I tried a non-dairy one with coconut oil and that definitely didn't work out because the overpowering coconut taste eventually made me sick. I may do one if/when I hit a stall with the extra mayo tuna and egg salads as my main meals.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh sorry, that totally sucks!
Old 10-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

1071/84%
B-Bacon, avocado, coffee with HWC
L- Brazil Nuts
D- Hamburger, cole slaw, SF Whip

E- Lift/Squats/Abs
W- 9 cups

How'd your day go?
Old 10-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

I totally failed yesterday
I need to hurry up and get into ketosis to kick these cravings. Coming from an all-carb diet is so hard!
I'm fasting now so I hope that will help some with getting in a little faster.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:39 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I find the more fat I eat the faster I get there. And I don't mean fat fasting, just up the fat. Mayo, Avocado, Brazil Nuts, olives, oil, etc. And don't over do the protein, too much will turn to glucose, just like carbs. Chicken broth also helps me, more on a satisfaction level, but add some good fat and good to go.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
NAF is here! Let's get this season started right fam!
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Terri!

Wow, miss a day posting, and so much happens.

Krissa - great job on fitting into the suit. Doesn't that feel great?

QB - no dairy sounds awful. Probably because I used to be a dairy farmer/grew up on a dairy farm. Glad you have found mayo to be a good substitute. I love the creaminess of mayo, too. It amazes me how quickly DH and I go through a jar!

Terri - you are doing great on this FF! So you're going to keep going? Oddly, today not having issues with being hungry, but I'm thinking my body will soon be screaming for some protein. I will probably switch over to M&E for two or three days and then cycle back to FF with you.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:57 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Leaves are turning, days are cool and crisp. Time for a change in threads. What are you up to, M&E family?
Realized I haven't posted in a good while. I've been able to keep off 13.2lbs since January. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but I'm trying to make note of the NSV (non-scale victories) I've gained as well: looking better than I did a year ago, feeling healthier and better than I did a year ago, and able to wear/been wearing more of the clothes in my closet than I did at this time a year ago. Here's hoping October is off to a great start for everybody!

NAF
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote