Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2014, 06:45 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Mini-Goal #1-213 lbs.
WOE: Low Carb/Exercise/Whatever else will work for me
Start Date: Everyday!
Finding Our Way One Day At A Time!

Hey ladies I hope you don't mind but I started the new thread. I am not sure if theywill allow us to keep it here but we shall see. Still not feeling so hot and Shari Tom is due 2-3 days from now so I am there right with you.

Have a nice Sunday Deb, Shari, Jen, Pati, Gracie and Julie.

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2014, 07:02 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

20140130-103943.jpg
Old 09-07-2014, 09:02 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Thanks for the new thread Maggie! It'll be nice to have a fresh place as we all find our way. It's been such a nice group... I'm thankful for all of you!

Deb-I hope you're feeling better today! Especially being so busy at work...being run down and sick is not a good thing. Not that it's ever a good time to be sick

Gracie-he you're having a fun football filled weekend!

Shari-thanks for the blender info! I never try juicing b/c I don't have one! I'll keep it in mind and pick up some ingredients and give it a whirl...literally . You've done so well!! That's hcg level losses in one week...and you feel good? Not hungry or deprived? You've found your thing my friend! even eating out you're doing well!

Pati, Jen, and anyone else who I missed

I'm doing well. Sore today, all over. I didn't think this new stage of NROLFW was doing much, but man I'm sore all over. all good. Going to try and fit in a workout later today, if I can, if not tomorrow is fine. Another day of rest Might be a good idea. I did before/afters of my stage 1 lifting and can really see a difference. I put a pic up in my journal. kind of humbling, as its more revealing than i like to post. but, for inspiration and accountability, i thought it would be a good idea. Even though the scale didn't change at all, I can see the changes.

Keep up the good work ladies!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Hey ladies I hope you don't mind but I started the new thread. I am not sure if theywill allow us to keep it here but we shall see. Still not feeling so hot and Shari Tom is due 2-3 days from now so I am there right with you.

Have a nice Sunday Deb, Shari, Jen, Pati, Gracie and Julie.

Thank you for starting this Maggie!! I hope you feel better soon too!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Thanks for the new thread Maggie! It'll be nice to have a fresh place as we all find our way. It's been such a nice group... I'm thankful for all of you!

Deb-I hope you're feeling better today! Especially being so busy at work...being run down and sick is not a good thing. Not that it's ever a good time to be sick

Gracie-he you're having a fun football filled weekend!

Shari-thanks for the blender info! I never try juicing b/c I don't have one! I'll keep it in mind and pick up some ingredients and give it a whirl...literally . You've done so well!! That's hcg level losses in one week...and you feel good? Not hungry or deprived? You've found your thing my friend! even eating out you're doing well!

Pati, Jen, and anyone else who I missed

I'm doing well. Sore today, all over. I didn't think this new stage of NROLFW was doing much, but man I'm sore all over. all good. Going to try and fit in a workout later today, if I can, if not tomorrow is fine. Another day of rest Might be a good idea. I did before/afters of my stage 1 lifting and can really see a difference. I put a pic up in my journal. kind of humbling, as its more revealing than i like to post. but, for inspiration and accountability, i thought it would be a good idea. Even though the scale didn't change at all, I can see the changes.

Keep up the good work ladies!
Thank you Julie.. I actually went into work this morning although I am not feeling that well, but did some things in complete SILENCE at work that will allow me to be caught up without distractions. It was wonderful

I am finding if I allow myself to have an empty stomach I feel better. So today I eat very light and just relax the rest of the day.. I love my work, I really do, but it is just one thing after another that comes up so I don't get to finish the things I am working on at that time. SO, I will work on getting more organized and hopefully it will calm down. This is all new to me, so live and learn!!

I hope your body feels better too!.. Don't overdo it! I will have to go check out your journal! Have a wonderful rest of the day!

Omgosh Julie you look awesome!! what a great difference!!!.. Everybody go look at Julies journal!.. Really a great job!

Last edited by Deb294evr; 09-07-2014 at 10:08 AM..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/236.6/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hello and happy Sunday ladies!

I will go check out Julie's journal for sure.

Maggie-Thanks for starting the new thread and love the group name. I too have found so much power and strength from this group.

Julie-I am going to bring my exercise clothes to work tomorrow. I have a gym and there is no reason not to take advantage. I also signed up for another 5k...I plan on training so I can run the whole way! You were my inspiration

Shari-I love the idea of juicing. I have some really amazing vegan protein powder that I really love; which I stopped doing when I jumped onto the JUDDD wagon. I may go back to having 1-2 of these a day even with the calories...they made me feel so great. I've noticed some hair loss which comes with weight loss and me

Gracie-How are the kiddos and activities treating you over the weekend?

Deb-Hugs to you my dear. I'm sorry you are under the weather...so is my hubby

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...g-journey.html
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:27 AM   #6

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Thanks Maggie for starting our new thread! I love the motivational messages you post, keep it coming!!

Deb~hope you're better by today, to have to work when sick is no fun. Glad you were able to get a lot done yesterday though.

Jen~I agree with starting juicing again, you can feel a difference when drinking them daily vs not drinking them. It's like exercise, when I start again I kick myself for stopping LOL. I'm using them as meal replacements though so only eat a meal (usually dinner or lunch) once a day. I hope it helps with hair loss

Julie~I'm going to head to your journal. You're doing so well!!

Pati~you're doing fantastic, congrats on the great losses this past week!

Gracie~how's it going?

No scale today, spent the night over G's since the boys stayed with their dad yesterday. After much thought, we just ordered out so we could be at home to watch the football games yesterday. I ate wings from Pizza Hut, so it's lower carbs but very high in sodium so it's probably good that I'm not weighing today anyway.
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy New Week!

Good Monday morning ladies!

It's a new day and a new week and I am so glad for it! The last few days as you all could see by my posts have been rough for me and as I said in an earlier post having huge hormonal swings takes me to places I really don't want to go. My eating of course has been off but could be worse had I not come back here to post of my struggle. Thank you all for being so supportive and the kind words of encouragement is just what I need to not give up on myself. So with that said I am back on, which means I really want to stay very low carb for a bit. I won't say how long I can do this but just that I want to. I know that when I did a round of Hhcg I went for 40 days and of course no hunger because of the drops but with very low carb I am not going to give it a time limit just that I will work on doing it day by day and see where I come out scale wise. Poor hubby had to endure my behavior yesterday and let's just say it wasn't pretty. I can not tell you how many times I apologized to him for it but he said "For better for worse" and that I have endured him through his worst and that is what is. Friday night we went out and caught the movie The Jersy Boys it was good but I have seen the play live and I would say I that much better than the movie. Went shopping this weekend for a new T.V. I did this of course when my hormones weren't fluctuating but we wanted not needed an upgrade from our old T.V. which is the kind with the huge bulb in the back. My kids said it was about time that we caught with up this century so we got a good laugh from this. Can't wait to watch some football this season on it, bigger picture and quality. Well lovely ladies talked your ears off again but I just wanted to say have a fantastic week and I'll catch you in a bit.

Julie- You are doing so well with NROLFW(Hey sorry but what does this actually stand for? ) But whatever you're doing girl don't stop, it really shows.

Deb - Feel better my friend. Being sick and having to work I know will be hard, thinking of you today.

Shari- Did you watch the Colts against the Broncos? I fell asleep during it, who won? Wings and sodium will go away on the scale, no worries. Glad you had a nice weekend.

Jen - I hear a lot of determination in your voice. A gym at work how fantastic! I know how hard it is to get started, had it not been for my husband motivating me to get going I really think it would have taken me a lot longer to start things moving. A 5K sounds like an awesome goal I need to do something like this, such inspiration.

Pati - How are you darlin'? How is Hcg going? It looks as if you are losing and I know the inches are amazing. Here to support you anyway I can. You can do it!

Gracie - Kids have you on the go since starting school I bet? I hope your weekend was relaxing and full of fun.

Have a nice Monday everyone!

Last edited by MagieDen; 09-08-2014 at 07:47 AM..
Old 09-08-2014, 08:33 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning my lovelies!!

Well, we've had record rainfall overnight and it's still raining! Here in AZ it's a big deal, and our ground is so hard it just runs off with not much absorption. This causes mass flooding. They've even closed the local school! crazy! My poor dd's are homeschooled...so we'll push on! But I had to cancel dd's drs appt since the roads are closed. Soooo odd. A 200 year record was broken.

Maggie-so glad you're doing well. And glad your hormones are settling down some, that irrational irritation is so hard! Thankfully your dh has known you well and knows it's only temporary. hope your very low carb goes well and continues to being you good results! I'll third the appreciation for your encouraging posts! Oh, NROLFW is short for "new rules of lifting for women". It's the weight training program I'm following. Kind of long, even the acronym! but I'm liking it!

Deb-that's good you got some things done at work when it was quiet. I remember doing that years ago and I was surprised how efficient I was alone! Hope you woke up feeling better! Sounds like a stomach bug? hope you're through the worst of it, And hope you have a great week!

Shari-good job choosing LC but still enjoying your life! A few days and that sodium will go. I'll bet you're down even more this week. So happy you're in the groove!! juice it up!

Jen-you go girl!! Woot woot!! A 5k is fun!! And having s race and deadline to look forward to is so motivating!! I did the c25k program a few years ago and was pleased to be able to run 3 miles finally!! I did 2 5ks before reaching the conclusion that I really don't like to run! I've always known it, but I thought it was mostly because I didn't think I could do it. After training and doing them, I recognize that I can do it, but prefer other exercise options! I felt almost guilty admitting that! Now I Zumba, or run intervals for cardio. It's good to find what works for you!! I'm so happy you're doing it!! Bring on the endorphins!!!

I'm doing well, still sore from last weeks workouts, which is good! I think changing the stages is a good thing, . I'll hit the gym later when things dry out a bit! I hit my calorie numbers all weekend, more or less. We did sweet tomatoes which is an allyoucaneat salad bar. I was pretty good, but it's tough to estimate portion sizes there. I did my best and tracked my calories. I'm still shooting for 1500ish and 30%carb and 35% protein and fat. So far, so good!
Old 09-09-2014, 06:03 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/236.6/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Good morning! Happy Tuesday!! It's going to be an awesome day...I can feel it!

Deb-Checkin' in with you sweetie. Feel better soon. I miss you
Pati-How goes it? I cannot wait to hear and read about the numbers!
Shari-You are right...my vega protein shake made me feel so amazing yesterday. I will rinse and repeat today. It just takes a little time to prepare...oh, well...
Julie-Wowzer! That is amazing to hear about the rain. It must be odd for you. It has rained a lot in TX too this year. I love it! But, can understand the treachery if the ground isn't able to absorb. I'll keep you all updated regarding the 5K. I've got time to train and would love to run the entire thing. Julie, I think I'll be like you...just know I can do it. Running isn't my favorite thing either...however, pushing limits and knowing I can do something is my favorite thing.
Hi Gracie and Maggie...hope you two are well and have a wonderful day today!

As for me here is my daily post:

I ended yesterday's DD under 600 calories...I definitely reached my protein goal and was able to do a moderate low carb day. I started getting a head ache at the end of the day from the low carb design of my meal plan, but it wasn't that bad. Today will be a normal day for me with moderate carbs again. I will allow myself 1000-1200 calories today...then will try for a lower DD. Good news is I took a peek at the scale and I was down to 236.6 so I claimed it!! I will definitely claim more if I lose more on Thursday
Have a great day everyone!
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:04 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Good Morning Loves....Just wanted to subscribe here.

Not much going on since I've been pretty darn sick since Friday. I had been dosing but didn't today since it seems pointless. Right now I'm only concerned with getting better. (Been taking Cheratussin which is pretty darn strong). Here's hoping no one else in my family gets sick.
To make matters worse, I have the fullest schedule tomorrow and Thursday and not a fun one nor by choice.

Wanna hear it? I work from 7 AM to about 3 (I could leave earlier but its pointless). After that I have class from 6PM to 9 PM. Heading from Chicago to Indianapolis for a seminar Thursday morning (830 AM-430 PM) then heading straight back to Chicago for class from 6 PM - 10 PM. Mind you, the drive from Chicago to Indy is more or less 3 hours!!!!! I am going to be utterly BEAT when done. Throw in my cold/cough crap going on...FUN TIMES EH?!

(Ok..enough with my pity party...>Putting on my big girl panties and carrying on)

Have a blessed day everyone!!
12yrslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:16 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Good Morning Loves....Just wanted to subscribe here.

Not much going on since I've been pretty darn sick since Friday. I had been dosing but didn't today since it seems pointless. Right now I'm only concerned with getting better. (Been taking Cheratussin which is pretty darn strong). Here's hoping no one else in my family gets sick.
To make matters worse, I have the fullest schedule tomorrow and Thursday and not a fun one nor by choice.

Wanna hear it? I work from 7 AM to about 3 (I could leave earlier but its pointless). After that I have class from 6PM to 9 PM. Heading from Chicago to Indianapolis for a seminar Thursday morning (830 AM-430 PM) then heading straight back to Chicago for class from 6 PM - 10 PM. Mind you, the drive from Chicago to Indy is more or less 3 hours!!!!! I am going to be utterly BEAT when done. Throw in my cold/cough crap going on...FUN TIMES EH?!

(Ok..enough with my pity party...>Putting on my big girl panties and carrying on)

Have a blessed day everyone!!
Pati such a full schedule and being sick on top of it. I feel like such a slacker being at home when I read how much work you all do. Thinking of you today!
Old 09-09-2014, 10:32 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Pati- feel better! That's a rough schedule when one is feeling well, but sick? I'm glad you're off the juice, and hope you can fuel your body so it can heal and take you where you need to be!

Jen-you'll do great. Maybe you'll learn to love running? I learned to not hate it which was progress . Definitely not love it though . Others do though...so maybe you'll find a new love?

Hi Maggie! Shari, deb, Gracie...

I'm doing well, did Zumba today and got some sweat in! Did my weights yesterday and I'm sore and tight today! scale still up I'm about to give up on that stupid scale! I've dropped cals and carbs again and still not losing a lb? I am actually up 3 lbs from when I started! I know, probably muscle, and I do look better, but it's so frustrating! I'm going to give this latest tweak a big more time and hope for a good weigh in on Friday.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:42 PM   #13

Hi ladies!

It's been so crazy, busy between home and work. Home situations (read...my ex/boys father) got me right now that it's been stressing me out! I don't talk as much on here about my really personal issues having to deal with an ex, most of the time--about 80%--we're okay, the other times I just want to be done with dealing with him but of course, because of the kids, I can't (yet). Oh can't you tell that one of those times is now and with PMS...I'm trying to hold, and keep my cool while walking on a tightrope LOL. Fortunately, the kids don't know this as I'm always cordial with him even when I'm pissed off but such as life, you roll with the punches.
As much as I've thought about eating something sweet to eat to emotions and PMS cravings, I've still been juicing and eating protein later and with my stress increased now, exercising has been helping a lot. Unfortunately, the scale isn't reflecting that right now or being kind with bloating (up 2 lbs) so I'm debating on if I should wait until after TOM, it's a day to day mind thing with me...you should all be familiar with my fickleness by now!

Oh Pati! I'm sorry to read that you're still not feeling well but with you being so busy, your body isn't able to really recover. I really hope you're able to get some time for yourself soon to relax and REST. I don't know how you've been able to use hhcg up until now with so little food and busy ALL day long. My hat is off to you, but take care when you can!!

Deb~I remember you were sick too, I hope you're feeling better (?).

Maggie~oh you and I are hormonal queens right now Yes, love will see our loved ones through this LOL, and your hubby knows the real you and love you for those reasons. Glad you got a new tv LOL. No, I missed that game as I feel asleep too. I can't hang like I used to unless I'm vacation

Julie~ I feel you about the scale, that old snake really knows how to make us feel like all our efforts are pointless BUT your pics tell the real truth!! Rely on those comparison pics when you need a reminder.

Jen~WHOO-HOOO!! A new low!! Congrats, you're doing so well! Glad to read that the protein shake did the trick, I love mine too!

Gracie~how are you? Miss you

Last edited by shari; 09-09-2014 at 12:45 PM..
Old 09-09-2014, 06:29 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Crazy1
WOE: Atkins'92
Hi Ladies,
May I join you? I found you from your old (H)HCG thread.

I am a little wishy washy and rogue, too. I finished up my last round of hcg in May and transitioned to Atkins. I didn't lose any weight during Induction and have only lost a few pounds since then.

I have read about combining low carb AND hcg ( Sarasota Diet) so I want to experiment and try this out. My calories will probably be around 800-1200 and I will keep my Total carbs around 20.

I bought some HCG this afternoon and am loading with Broccoli Cheese soup. Low carb, high fat for 2 days, then I will lower my fat intake somewhat and take each day as it comes.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.
Crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:51 AM   #15

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning! I can't believe it's Wednesday and I haven't checked in. I am so busy with work and the kids activities that I'm going crazy I also woke up this morning with a head cold and sinus issues! My body is trying to tell me to slow the heck down. I've been eating like complete crap too. It has to stop!!! Today I'm going to drink tons of water and have steak and salad for dinner. I need to detox from carbs and sugar!!!!

DS is asking a girl to homecoming tomorrow. A senior girl asked him on Friday night in front of all her friends and he said yes. She gave him a football and on it in glitter pen was "Will you tackle homecoming with me?" - really cute! But then on Saturday he told me he didn't want to go with her. He said he felt bad and didn't want to embarrass her in front of everyone. I was kind of shocked really because he's only in 10th grade and she's a senior. They ended up talking and decided to not go together. So tomorrow he is asking a girl from his grade. Hope she accepts!!!

I need to go back and read all the posts to see how everyone is doing. Hope y'all are having a great day!!!
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:10 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy1 View Post
Hi Ladies,

I am a little wishy washy and rogue, too. I finished up my last round of hcg in May and transitioned to Atkins. I didn't lose any weight during Induction and have only lost a few pounds since then.

I have read about combining low carb AND hcg ( Sarasota Diet) so I want to experiment and try this out. My calories will probably be around 800-1200 and I will keep my Total carbs around 20.

I bought some HCG this afternoon and am loading with Broccoli Cheese soup. Low carb, high fat for 2 days, then I will lower my fat intake somewhat and take each day as it comes.

Crazy1 a lot of us have used Hhcg and from time to time when our mood arises we attempt to do a round or two. I will do a round in December. You are more than welcomed here to be supported and to support others here. If you need Hhcg support there is a forum on Weight Loss Plans as well. Good success to you on your woe.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:27 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy1 View Post
Hi Ladies,

We're definitely an experimenting group! I am not sure if any of us is doing hcg currently? you're welcome to hang out here with us - but here's the link to the daily hcg thread if you want to post there too ... http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...september.html

Gracie-cute about ds. This whole asking to homecoming/prom presentation movement must put so much pressure on kids. it's so cute, but I would imagine adds so much stress to an already challenging phase of life. Good to hear from you!! When we get overwhelmed and busy it's so easy to let our eating go...know we understand!! and hope you feel better too!!

Shari-thanks! I need to remember. That scale has had such power over me all these years...and even now, I just want to be down 10 lbs...gah! It is not the only measure of success!!
on the ex. I would imagine that there is a constant struggle managing all of that. You don't mention it much, but it has to wear on you. You handle it well and I'm glad to hear it's not an all the time battle. But it must be hard. Hang in there and keep doing what's best for your boys .

Hi maggie! Hope you're doing well.

Deb and Pati-hope work isn't overtaking you!! Hang in there!!

Jen-hope all is well with you too!

I'm doing fine. Not much new. Still lifting and keeping up my cardio, still no lower on the scale...sigh. Maybe eventually? I may look into calorie rotations? For now, I'm keeping on.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:54 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for letting me join you. Some groups get a little hostile if you don't adhere 100% to the rules whether it's Atkins or hcg and I don't like confrontation. Encouragement and support is what I am looking for.

I do think plans should be changed and tweaked if necessary. We are all individuals and what works for one may not work for another. This experiment of mine may or may not work but I have to give it a try.

May we all be losers!
Old 09-11-2014, 03:04 AM   #19

Crazy1!! That sounds weird calling you that LOL, but cute! No, we definitely don't shun tweaking any plan as you just said, we're all individuals and what works for one may not work for others. Keep us posted on your progress

Gracie~wow, so interesting to see your 'baby' growing and learning through the beginning stages of life experiences! Hope the young lady he ask today accepts! I think he handled that other situation so well and mature, and they were able to work it out that she wasn't embarrassed. Keep us posted on how it works out for him, so cute! I hope you feel better, it seems a lot of us have been really busy and now you all are getting sick I agree, carbs and sugar could make you feel worse, great plan for yesterday! I really think we may need a challenge or something...not against each other, but more like a commitment to each other to do something and check in for daily accountability. It could be just me, but I really get more support from tagging with others and seeing how well we all do during a challenge..just some thoughts...

Julie~you're working it with staying committed to exercising! You're certainly not alone about that mental power the scale seems to hold on you/us. It seems after doing the protocol, it got worse though because of the set up of expected losses that comes daily w/ protocol. Oh well, you've lost a lot of inches so that's even better than the number!

Maggie~how are you? TOM still hasn't come yet, is due any day now but it seems my cycle is off some months..which is bad because PMS days are longer. Did hubby survive?

Pati and Deb~hope you feel better!

Me, I'm in a better mood..my ex and I had a talk about some stuff that was really bothering me. I'm still upset about a situation I think he's being completely selfish about because that decision affects all of us negatively, but I can't change him or that situation now so I'm trying my best to start letting go and working around it, planning what's best for the boys and I. Yesterday was the first time in two weeks I didn't have my juice, I wanted a regular breakfast and lunch (kept it low carb). I can tell a difference as I still feel a lot fuller today since I consumed more than usual. I'm resuming my juice today as I miss it now LOL. No scale as I still feel bloated and don't want to get discouraged by that number on the scale, despite my efforts on eating cleaner and exercising. Well enough of my yapping...happy Friday eve!

Last edited by shari; 09-11-2014 at 03:08 AM..
Old 09-11-2014, 03:28 AM   #20

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Good Morning all! I am so busy, and so sick still but I am plugging away. I do think the extra stress is not allowing me to heal as fast. That plus the fact that I can't take a day off at this time. SO I came home after work yesterday and went straight to bed.

I did get lots of sleep and feel better than yesterday, but my stomach is not cooperating.. I am back to very basic eating today of just real food. I have been just grabbing whatever I could that was convenient because of being so busy. Now I am going to grill me some meat and take it to work with some other fresh food. I think my body is rebelling!

Welcome to Crazy1.. you get us!.. we are tweakers..

Shari, glad you are letting things go, it seems to only make US worse holding on, when sometimes we just have to let go. I don't blame you on the scale, I feel so icky I don't want to touch the scale..

Gracie, young love... aweeeeeeeeeee... Hope things go his way.. I hear you on the detox!!!!

Maggie, you and your exercise is so inspiring!! You and Julie are my hero's.. I know I am very active just running around at work, but nothing like I NEED to be doing.. Habits need to be formed and you and hubby are doing that!!..

Julie, just keep doing what you are doing, until you feel like you really need to tweak.. you look FANTASTIC!! you are strong and healthy and that is what is so important!! Glad you survived the monsoon!! We got it yesterday!..

Pati, your schedule made my head spin too.. wow. just hang in there my friend!!!

Off to get ready to work again!!! Hopefully after these 2 folks are trained it will calm down for me... I have to think of the REWARDS!!...
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:55 AM   #21

Good morning! Crazy1! Can you tell us your name? I feel bad calling you crazy every day!

So yesterday went good. I didn't eat until about 3:45 pm and I had pork roast and just lettuce salad. I did get hungry again around 7:00 so I had a little more pork roast. Pretty good low-carb day. I need to seriously stay away from sugar!!! It makes my joints hurt, my sinuses hurt, my head hurt and my tummy bloated! I was reading an article probably last week or so about how sugar turns on the happy sensors in our brain. Makes sense that we go for it time and time again. Exercise probably turns on those same sensors though!

DS is waiting til tomorrow to ask her. She was sick yesterday and one of his friends is asking another girl today. He took a plain white t-shirt and in bright markers wrote HOMECOMING? and check box below. Both boxes have YES in them I thought it was cute. He also made her a cute box full of candy. Sheesh when did asking a girl to a dance get so elaborate?

Shari ~ I like the idea of daily accountability. Even if we aren't weighing at least checking in with our menus and exercise. I'm glad you and your ex talked some things out.

Deb ~ Hope you feel better! Rest was probably the best thing you could've done.

Julie ~ With all your exercise you should just put the scale away! You are converting your body from fat to muscle and the scale will be a big fat liar right now. Just go by your clothes for a while to save yourself grief!!!

Crazy ~ We never get hostile. I'm usually changing plans on a weekly basis and tweaking everything. I'm a hot mess!

Magie ~ How's it going today? Did you and hubby make the gym?

Pati ~ Hope things are slowing down for you and you're feeling better!
Old 09-11-2014, 07:13 AM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning girls!!

Deb-sorry you're still sick!!! Hope you're doing better today!! Eat what'll make your tummy feel better and look forward to payday !

Pati-Re you surviving your crazy schedule? Hope so!!

Gracie-that's so cute! The expectations on these kids today...he's doing great! Good for you sticking to your plan! I am doing just what you suggest and avoiding the scale. It's not helping me and it doesn't deserve control over my day!

Shari-you are doing great. Glad you talked it out and have accepted you can only change so many things. It'll drive you batty to try to change him . It's cool you missed your green juice!! I'm with you in the skip the scale approach and like the idea of a challenge of sorts. Maybe through Halloween or Thanksgiving we could all set our own goals and hold each other accountable to them? I'm in!

Crazy-yes, do tell us your name...it's impolite to keep calling you crazy! glad to have you along with us fiddlers .

I'm doing fine. Going to take a long break from the scale. It's not cooperating but I also know that it's not the best measurement of my success right now. I will probably just weigh at the end of each stage of NROLFW. Should be a few weeks btw them. It messes with my head when I know I'm doing everything right and it goes up! it's coming up on jean wearing season where my clothing will hold me accountable and give me better feedback. For now it's still hot here and I'm in workout clothes most of the time, so clothes don't help me much .

What do you guys think of a challenge? We could make our goals whatever we want. Clean eating, scale number, exercise goal...
Old 09-11-2014, 07:42 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Thursday Morning Lovely Ladies!

Happy Thursday Deb, Shari, Gracie, Jen, Pati, Julie & Crazy1 (btw, I am in agreement that it would be nice to call you something else if you are comfortable with that. How about Canada? ).

Everyone is correct in saying that we are tweakers & experimenters and we do whatever it takes to get the weight off and sometimes we do nothing at all, eh that would be me presently. Aunt Flo is not here but her presence is and she is very annoying. I have not, I repeat I have not gotten on that scale and I don't plan to for quite awhile thank you very much. Anyhoo, got to the gym this morning and walked on the treadmill 2 miles, did my usual rotation of weights with the man and called it good for the morning. I really feel bloated and I hate that. Looking forward to the symptoms of Tom to subside and so is the husband. Nothing much else to report except that I am going to see the play My Fair Lady done by some community players on Friday night should be a very entertaining night.

Julie - like the idea of challenging ourselves. What do you all think we should choose for a challenge, anyone think we should?

Pati - How are you feeling? I know you put your big girl panties on today and got to work because of your heavy schedule. Hang in there lady, we miss your posts.

Gracie - Sugar is hard to beat but just hearing all the things it causes us you would think most or all of us would stay clear of it. It can be a vicious cycle to get over, hang in there and just keep moving forward.

Deb - I am so sorry you and Pati are sick, such a bummer. I hate when my stomach is all out of whack as well, I do hope you have something to take for it. Take care of yourself Deb.

Shari - I am sure it is very difficult for you having to deal with an ex who isn't cooperating. You are right you can't change him but you can do what is best for you and your boys, sorry you have to go through this. Sounds as if you are enjoying your juicing days. I am in agreement about the scale, it is just one measurement of us taking better care of our bodies so get on it when you feel the need.

Jen - Ahhhh the scale is cooperating with you. 236 is awesome!! Happy JUDDING!

Canada - (calling you Canada unless you tell me to change it, better than Crazy1 - ) So glad you joined us and understanding that not any one plan fits all. Finding our way to a better us is the goal and supporting one another along the way is key. Keep coming back.

Well ladies I do hope I didn't forget someone, always think I do. Have a wonderful Thursday!

Old 09-11-2014, 07:49 AM   #24

Oops I forgot Jen!!! I'm so sorry Congrats on your new low of 236!!! That's fantastic

Magie ~ Great job on the work out!!! I hear ya on TOM. I turn into a seriously crazy woman. Everyone unfortunately experiences my wrath. Wish hormones made us feel GOOD instead of insane!!!
Old 09-11-2014, 08:15 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Run!!!!

Maggie + Hormones =

incredible-hulk-wallpaper-l.jpg

Hubby + Maggie =

Old 09-11-2014, 01:36 PM   #26

Maggie!

Jen~hey hun, how are you?

Yes, let's start a challenge ladies, those of us that want to join! How do you wanna set it up? We post our daily plans and post if we kept to it or not?
Old 09-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #27
Big Yapper!!!!

Maggie! Enjoy the play tomorrow night!

Shari-how about weekly goals? Daily may be too hard to keep up with?

I do well with deadlines...so how about a 6 week challenge? Or until October 31? That'll get us into Fall...

My goals are:
continue following NROLFW and lift heavy weights 3x/week
2-3 cardio workouts a week
track and stick to my daily calorie range of 1500-1600 cals with at least 35% protein
and not stress about the scale!

What about you guys?
Old 09-11-2014, 08:47 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Don't worry, calling me Crazy is not impolite. My adult kids have always called me the Crazy Lady or the Crazy Cat Lady but our cat got sick and we had to say goodbye so now I'm just the Crazy1. I like being called Crazy 'cause that's just what I am. Crazy, as in fun loving , cheerful , and spontaneous . Crazy works for me but Canuck would do as well. ( "Canuck" is slang for someone from Canada.)

I'm glad you aren't hostile. The purists and hare core can be a little harsh. Some people lose weight quickly and easily and of course, their way is the only way. No tweaking allowed! But that's not the reality for some of us. Tweaking is definitely required.

I am up for a challenge. I will be playing around with my eating plan for a while so there's no sense in committing to that at the moment BUT I do need to stick to my workouts. So working out at least 3x a week is my goal.

Hope you all had a successful day!
Old 09-12-2014, 02:50 AM   #29

Happy Friday!

Ok, Crazy..you got it, Crazy it is I'm sorry you had to say goodbye to your baby. Nope, we're not hostile at all and tweak almost daily so that's why we're tucked away in the forum. Wishing you success in your experimenting!

Julie~like the weekly goal challenge, makes sense. Good luck to you too!
Old 09-12-2014, 02:56 AM   #30

My personal challenge so far:

-exercise at least 3 days a week
-NO sugar/white carbs (until maybe Thanksgiving)...no exceptions!!
-lose 10 lbs by Halloween; 15 lbs by Thanksgiving
-NSV--fit comfortably into my smaller clothes/size again

Last edited by shari; 09-12-2014 at 02:58 AM..