Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Weight Watchers: No Excuse September

Welcome, welcome, welcome. . .

Please join us for an exciting month of losing! The kids are back to school and fall is in the air.. . let's lace up our walking shoes and enjoy the last few days of summer. What will your goal be this month? Increase your activity? Track ? Stick to plan all week? Plan your meals? Now is the time. Let's pick just one of our bad habits and let's change it! Be specific and remind yourself every day why you want this! You are worth it.
IM2fat is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2014, 10:39 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leisha
Stats: 210/195/155
WOE: Weight Watchers 360
Start Date: May 2014 this round!
I'm here and I'm serious about this September challenge!! The next thing we know we'll be talking about holiday eating and this is our best chance of a really good month! I guess October will be too!
leisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:40 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you IM for starting us off again. It's still too hot here to walk so I'm going to pick my bad habit of tracking "in my head" to work on and start using my app again.....everyday....every bite!!
Old 09-02-2014, 11:56 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: AutumnReigns
Stats: 208/159/153.6/158
WOE: weight watchers
When I started WW back in June (I joined for 2 months only..decided to do it on my own and save some money) our leader had us write on a piece of paper how much we wanted to lose by September...I wrote down 20lbs...I ended up losing 18.4lbs...so even though I didn't lose much in August I think I did pretty well. I think I lost so much the last week of July due to stress that my body didn't want to let go of anymore Hoping to have a great September....my favorite months are coming up...it will be so good to get rid of all of this heat and humidity....HATE IT!!!!!

Slow Loser Club
AutumnReigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ran across this and thought I'd share:

Weight control is all about making small changes that you can live with forever. As you incorporate these minor adjustments into your lifestyle, you'll begin to see how they can add up to big calorie savings and weight loss. Here are my top 10 habits to help you turn your dream of weight loss into a reality:

1. Evaluate your eating habits. Are you eating late at night, nibbling while cooking, finishing the kids' meals? Take a look around, and it will be easy to identify a few behaviors you can change that will add up to big calorie savings.
2. If you fail to plan, plan to fail. You need a strategy for your meals and snacks. Pack healthful snacks for the times of day that you know you are typically hungry and can easily stray from your eating plan.
3. Always shop with a full belly. It's a recipe for disaster to go into the grocery store when you are hungry. Shop from a prepared list so impulse buying is kept to a minimum. Eating right starts with stocking healthy food in your pantry and refrigerator.
4. Eat regular meals. Figure out the frequency of your meals that works best in your life and stick to it. Regular meals help prevent bingeing.
5. Eat your food sitting down at a table, and from a plate. Food eaten out of packages and while standing is forgettable. You can wind up eating lots more than if you sit down and consciously enjoy your meals.
6. Serve food onto individual plates, and leave the extras back at the stove.Bowls of food on the table beg to be eaten, and it takes incredible will power not to dig in for seconds. Remember, it takes about 20 minutes for your mind to get the signal from your belly that you are full.
7. Eat slowly, chew every bite, and savor the taste of the food. Try resting your fork between bites and drinking plenty of water with your meals.
8. Don't eat after dinner. This is where lots of folks pack on the extra pounds. If you are hungry, try satisfying your urge with a non-caloric beverage or a piece of hard candy. Brushing your teeth after dinner helps reduce the temptation to eat again.
9. If you snack during the day, treat the snack like a mini-meal. The most nutritious snacks contain complex carbohydrates and a small amount of protein and fat.
10. Start your day with breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day. After a long night's rest, your body needs the fuel to get your metabolism going and give you energy for the rest of the day.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:07 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

And.. just for the record. . .we are all "winners" . . just for checking in.. This month will be great. . Support and planning are key!

Great to see everyone. . .I'm excited and I know I'll do something great. .Change takes time and if it takes me a year. . I'm in it to win it!!
Old 09-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

IM..... you are a great motivator!! You must have been a cheerleader!! You're tips are great. Thank you for sharing! I'm going shopping tonight and I have my list made already!!
Old 09-02-2014, 01:50 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Thanks for starting the thread!

I'm ready to take on September.

I need to kick my activity up a notch!
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:32 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay! I'm so happy to see everyone here!

Leisha: you crack me up -I was so very far from a cheerleader -but I'm passionate about losing weight and I know how life changing it can be. I want to be in that " feel good " place again and I want everyone to join me
Old 09-03-2014, 04:21 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I lost .2 this week.

I was a little disappointed, but I know that I did not make the best choices within my points so I am glad I didn't gain!

Here is to a better week!!

We can do this!

Today is a good day for a good day!
Old 09-03-2014, 05:58 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
I lost .2 this week.

I was a little disappointed, but I know that I did not make the best choices within my points so I am glad I didn't gain!

Here is to a better week!!

We can do this!

Today is a good day for a good day!
I know it can be disappointing. . but look at the overall picture. . What is your total. .

That's what i keep reminding myself. I'm losing so slow that i get discouraged. . but I made a promise to myself . . I will never weigh as much as I did in April... AGAIN.. .. and so far, I'm on the right track. . slow and steady. .
Old 09-03-2014, 06:04 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today. . It was difficult to get up so early and walk. . but I did it.. I felt so much better. .surprisingly, even though I take 1/2 hour to walk. . my morning goes by quicker and I'm at work earlier than when I do nothing??? Go figure. . hopefully, I can keep it up. .

I switched up my breakfast and had toast, laughing cow white cheddar, smoked turkey and tomatoes. . I've been stuck on flat out pizza and zuch-etti! (actually, was out of flat out bread so I had no choice.. LOL).. Anyway, I'm hoping to mix it up a little..I'm falling into my old routines...

What are your favorite go to meals? We can share and get new ideas. . .

Happy Wednesday, peeps. .Let's make today count!
Old 09-03-2014, 06:20 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.2/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers/T-tapp
Start Date: November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Ran across this and thought I'd share:

Weight control is all about making small changes that you can live with forever. As you incorporate these minor adjustments into your lifestyle, you'll begin to see how they can add up to big calorie savings and weight loss. Here are my top 10 habits to help you turn your dream of weight loss into a reality:

1. Evaluate your eating habits. Are you eating late at night, nibbling while cooking, finishing the kids' meals? Take a look around, and it will be easy to identify a few behaviors you can change that will add up to big calorie savings.
2. If you fail to plan, plan to fail. You need a strategy for your meals and snacks. Pack healthful snacks for the times of day that you know you are typically hungry and can easily stray from your eating plan.
3. Always shop with a full belly. It's a recipe for disaster to go into the grocery store when you are hungry. Shop from a prepared list so impulse buying is kept to a minimum. Eating right starts with stocking healthy food in your pantry and refrigerator.
4. Eat regular meals. Figure out the frequency of your meals that works best in your life and stick to it. Regular meals help prevent bingeing.
5. Eat your food sitting down at a table, and from a plate. Food eaten out of packages and while standing is forgettable. You can wind up eating lots more than if you sit down and consciously enjoy your meals.
6. Serve food onto individual plates, and leave the extras back at the stove.Bowls of food on the table beg to be eaten, and it takes incredible will power not to dig in for seconds. Remember, it takes about 20 minutes for your mind to get the signal from your belly that you are full.
7. Eat slowly, chew every bite, and savor the taste of the food. Try resting your fork between bites and drinking plenty of water with your meals.
8. Don't eat after dinner. This is where lots of folks pack on the extra pounds. If you are hungry, try satisfying your urge with a non-caloric beverage or a piece of hard candy. Brushing your teeth after dinner helps reduce the temptation to eat again.
9. If you snack during the day, treat the snack like a mini-meal. The most nutritious snacks contain complex carbohydrates and a small amount of protein and fat.
10. Start your day with breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day. After a long night's rest, your body needs the fuel to get your metabolism going and give you energy for the rest of the day.
.very well said IM...wow,love it,should photocopy this one and post it on my fridge...
mommy_gates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:21 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Let's make this month count...holidays are around the corner,so let's be in front of the game...i know i will be putting in more activity..that's my goal for this month and really apply your rules IM....
Old 09-03-2014, 09:59 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Im you're so right! I am down 18.4 since I started on July 8. I need to remember that that is the overall picture and move on!

Congrats on getting up to walk. I should really start doing that bc I'm so tired in the evenings.

I'll post more after work
Old 09-03-2014, 11:39 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Trying real hard not to think about chocolate today! Errggg. . I did cave and had 4 Twizzlers. . (you know. . the low fat candy!!!). . .counted it. 3 points. . and moving on. . (I keep them on my desk for co-workers. . probably should stop. .they don't need them either. . LOL)
Old 09-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I probably mentioned this already. . but I'm going to brew up some (Kcup) coffee to take the edge off. . .I have to share my favorites:

Gloria Jeans. . Brown Sugar Cake. .(OMG. .so Yummy -0
and Cake Boss - Vanilla Buttercream Cake.. . . (Can only find that on Amazon. . Pricey. .but so good. . ). .

I'm out so I have to settle for French Vanilla. . .
Old 09-03-2014, 02:06 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I bought some yogurt raisins and some turtle chex mix last night from Walgreens (both were on sale).

I have been having issues with wanting sweet lately, and then caving and using a bunch of weekly points on an ice cream or something. I really want to get out of that habit.

The yogurt raisins were 3 pts for a 1/4 cup. The turtle chex was 3 pts for 1/2 cup!

I instantly when I got home portioned them out into baggies. Now, I know when I get that itch for something sweet to grab a baggie and have a 3 pt snack rather than cave for a 10 pt (or higher! *blush* snack). I took the chex baggies to work and left the yogurt raisins at home.

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 09-03-2014, 07:15 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yogurt raisins sound yummy!!! I'll admit the twizzlers inspired my sweet tooth! Luckily, I put myself to bed before doing any real damage ,

My 'stay on track' treat this week was the small cups of ice cream (the kind we used to get in school with the wooden spoon!). Those are between 2and 3points each and really helps with portion control. Besides, any more than that . . Your mouth is frozen and you can't taste anything, anyway
Old 09-04-2014, 06:02 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Up early. . got my walk in. .feeling like it's going to be a super Thursday!

Do something nice for yourself today. . you are worth it. .
Old 09-04-2014, 06:36 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I probably mentioned this already. . but I'm going to brew up some (Kcup) coffee to take the edge off. . .I have to share my favorites:

Gloria Jeans. . Brown Sugar Cake. .(OMG. .so Yummy -0
and Cake Boss - Vanilla Buttercream Cake.. . . (Can only find that on Amazon. . Pricey. .but so good. . ). .

I'm out so I have to settle for French Vanilla. . .

Love those kcup also...my favorite,cappicchino hazelnut and french vanilla...should give it a try those new ones...mine are 2 pp ...which it's not all that bad for a treat...
Old 09-04-2014, 06:41 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight in today...haven't done as good as i would of liked this summer but hey it's not a contest,we do it at our own pace.

Looking into starting some exercise class,either yoga and muscle pump or pilates and circuit training....

Have a great day ladies..,.track,track,track and drink your water...
Old 09-04-2014, 10:43 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Hey girls! Sounds like everybody is back on track and serious in September! I know I am. I've decided that my little treat is going to be 5 or 6 Ruffles potato chips with my "diet sandwich" at lunch. It's so much better with it and I am a salt-and-grease kind of girl and not so much a sweet eater. I love chips and crackers and cheese and nuts and such as that! I went to bed with a slight feeling of hunger and that makes me happy when I can do that. Hopefully, my weekend weight gain was a good bit of fluid from all of that salt so I think I'm recovering but it will still take all week to undo it. Oh well.....I am not giving up!

Have a wonderful day!!

Leisha

This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psm 118:24

210 208 206 204 202 200 198 196 194 192 190 188 186 184 182 180 178 176 174 172 170 169 168 166 163 162 160 158 156

<--------My husband, sons and sweet dog!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy_gates View Post
Love those kcup also...my favorite,cappicchino hazelnut and french vanilla...should give it a try those new ones...mine are 2 pp ...which it's not all that bad for a treat...
I'll have to double check but I think the coffee I've been getting are zero. . . I usually use two of the Sugar Free Delight Mini Creamers in French Vanilla and count one point per cup. . (if you use one. . it's zero. . ). . Every once in a while I get lucky and find the peppermint Mocha in SF.. it's rare. but when I do I stock up. . It's sooo good. .
Old 09-04-2014, 11:01 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leisha View Post
Hey girls! Sounds like everybody is back on track and serious in September! I know I am. I've decided that my little treat is going to be 5 or 6 Ruffles potato chips with my "diet sandwich" at lunch. It's so much better with it and I am a salt-and-grease kind of girl and not so much a sweet eater. I love chips and crackers and cheese and nuts and such as that! I went to bed with a slight feeling of hunger and that makes me happy when I can do that. Hopefully, my weekend weight gain was a good bit of fluid from all of that salt so I think I'm recovering but it will still take all week to undo it. Oh well.....I am not giving up!

Have a wonderful day!!

Leisha
A girl after my own heart. . I never cared much about sweets. but every once in a while, I just have to have them - must be PMS . as far as snacks go. bring on the chips and dip and I am a happy, too.. I tend to eat more popcorn when I am being good because it takes awhile to eat. You are brave. . I could never just eat a few chips. . so I've learned to leave them alone. . my struggle now seems to be with cheese. . I never realized how much I ate until I started measuring it. . Cheese just makes everything better!
Old 09-05-2014, 07:12 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
A girl after my own heart. . I never cared much about sweets. but every once in a while, I just have to have them - must be PMS . as far as snacks go. bring on the chips and dip and I am a happy, too.. I tend to eat more popcorn when I am being good because it takes awhile to eat. You are brave. . I could never just eat a few chips. . so I've learned to leave them alone. . my struggle now seems to be with cheese. . I never realized how much I ate until I started measuring it. . Cheese just makes everything better!
Same here girls...i'm a salty kind of eater...love my chips and i haven't been staying away either...love jalepino peppers chips.... see i get all excited just talking about them...trying to control the amount that i do take...i'm saying to myself...o.k. your allowed to have some but DO NOT GO CRAZY,or your cut off....

Have a great week-end girls...my daughter and granddaughters are down this week-end...we have a fair going on...control,control...
Old 09-05-2014, 09:58 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I see I'm not alone! (as I sit here eating my pepper jack cheese and chips)!

I count out a few chips and put them in a baggie and leave the rest behind. It's when I get home that I have them draw me like a magnet! I really should just cut them out, I guess. I eat a lot of cheese too, and always have and yogurt and milk and buttermilk.....I don't have a calcium problem for sure and I guess that's a good thing considering I'm 54 and am now deemed officially menopausal by my gynl!

Good luck on good choices for the weekend!!
Old 09-05-2014, 10:25 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leisha View Post
Well, I see I'm not alone! (as I sit here eating my pepper jack cheese and chips)!

I count out a few chips and put them in a baggie and leave the rest behind. It's when I get home that I have them draw me like a magnet! I really should just cut them out, I guess. I eat a lot of cheese too, and always have and yogurt and milk and buttermilk.....I don't have a calcium problem for sure and I guess that's a good thing considering I'm 54 and am now deemed officially menopausal by my gynl!

Good luck on good choices for the weekend!!
and I'm 47 and feel like I'm menopausal all the time! I keep saying. . once my weight is off, I'll feel better, right? This week has been a killer.. for some reason, all I want to do is sleep.. I'm going to give it another week of clean eating and exercising and if I dont' feel better. . I think I'm going to get my thyroid checked again. My levels feel off. . Stupid old age...

Thanks for the calcium reminder. . I never drink milk and rarely eat yogurt.. so I try to take some supplements. .
Old 09-05-2014, 10:26 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am good all day and have the same problems. .snacky at night.. I skipped dinner twice now because I ate popcorn and pretzels.. and tonight is Friday. . Pizza day at my house. . Uggg. .Maybe I can talk hubby into picking me up a big chef salad. .
Old 09-05-2014, 07:17 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

I'm struggling right now with a bowl of Special K! I know I could do a lot worse but it's too late to be snacking. I had a hamburger patty and salad earlier....to early, I'm afraid!

Popcorn sounds really good right now too!!