Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2014, 03:20 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Weight watchers reclaiming our independence in July

grab your water and let's get moving! July is a perfect time to start losing. What is your goal this month? Let's list it and let's achieve it. Let's make this a new beginning with no regrets. deal?
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2014, 03:22 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My number one goal: watch 5 pounds explode! I can achieve this by: tracking, better choices and moving more. What is your plan of attack?
Old 07-02-2014, 03:25 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Can we share our favorite low point go to foods? Mine are:

Fat free sugar free creamer for my brown sugar cake coffee
Fat free cool whip
String cheese
Laughing cow cheese
Popsicles
Zucchini made into 'pasta' with my Vegetti <------- Google it if you've never seen. I love mine!
Old 07-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.0/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
Thanks for starting a new thread...

Got to lay off that junk food......keep on tracking,like to incorporate more exercise daily and not be so hard on myself....like you, would like to lose another 5 lbs...my low point foods; dark chocolate from cosco individually wrap they are 1 pp and the cinamon twist from cosco...1pp..sugar free or fat free snack pack pudding for 2 points,rice cake for 1 pp....

Have a good day ladies

Last edited by mommy_gates; 07-02-2014 at 11:21 AM..
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:23 AM   #5
hay
Funfetti Freak

Gallery: hay
subscribing for the month. i would love to lose 6 pounds this month. that's a big goal for me, but no harm in trying.
hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:12 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cathy25306
Lose 5 pounds this month, go to Girlie Gym (Curves) 3-4 times a week.
Cathy25306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:14 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cathy. Hi Hay: great goals! I think we are off and running. today could have been a better day for me. For some reason, every time I show a loss, I sabatoge myself. I can't figure it out. Perhaps I am afraid of succeeding? I love being in control, love when I'm finished exercising (I really do hate it), and feel great when I can go to bed knowing I did a good job. I'm not going to beat myself up (and for the record, I didn't stuff myself and I took half home) but my choice of a patty melt was definitely questionable, in fact, I'm going to track it to see what the damage is. Yikes! Some are up to 49! Wow. Lesson learned, always check first, eat second, ok so that means no bonus points for me this week
Old 07-02-2014, 06:16 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gates . . .just dreaming of your dark chocolate! Yum
Old 07-03-2014, 06:51 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I squeezed in 22 minutes on the treadmill this morning.. could have been longer, but I have a new puppy to contend with in the morning!

Have a spectacular day. I'm going to have a 2 point English Muffin, with 1 wedge of laughing cow white cheddar cheese and 2 slices of Roasted White Turkey and 1 cup of grapes = 4 points!
Old 07-03-2014, 08:08 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bdladie
Stats: 311/187/150 for now
WOE: South Beach kind of
Start Date: 1/16/06
Autumn you asked in the last thread if I used any of my weekly points, the answer is 1 day I used 4 weekly points to have a weight watchers ice cream. The rest I stick with my daily allowance. This weekend I am camping at a resort and know I will have cocktails at the dance so I will use all my weekly points this week. I am sure I will have a small lose but I am ok with that cause I am enjoying life.

Going from 311 to 200 I never enjoyed life just pretty much grilled chicken and salad.

It's all about me for a change!
bdladie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:14 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: mommy_gates
Stats: 170/149.0/143 (5'6"-57 years old)
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: November 2013
Had a 1.4 loss last night...from my gain of 3lbs last week...slowly going back down...of my weekly points i try not to use them but if i do no more than 7 a day..

Happy 4th of July to my american friends...
mommy_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:53 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Serena11
Stats: 172.8/164.4/128
WOE: Weight Watchers lower carb
Hi, everyone--

I'm back after a hiatus. Changed my avatar - had to get that picture of birthday cake off of there!

I put some weight back on after losing my Dad in May. It has been challenging to get back on track, although I have still been going to meetings. Just depressing to see the scale go back up and feel out of control. So I'm here to hopefully get myself back in the game and be motivated to stay on plan.

I'm hoping to lose 2 lbs. this week. Dh had his birthday last week and I ate the last piece of cake last night. Oh, I have been so bad! I've been really addicted to sweets lately. I have been tracking points but have been going over. So I hope this week to eat apples and berries instead of sweets and get back to weighing and measuring. My meetings are on Wednesdays, so I better get cracking!

Hope you all have a fun 4th!

No dessert is a good dessert!

*Serena*
Serena11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 07:04 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Serena; glad to see you are back , being in control feels so much better, no matter what, don't give up on you! We are here. I'm sorry about your dad'.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:40 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well Wi today! Can't say I'm thrilled but I think I'm retaining fluid. Instead of beating myself up, made a good healthy breakfast and gonna bike to post office. I am not going to be defined by the number on the scale! I refuse!!!
Old 07-06-2014, 04:55 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jtkids
Stats: 153/141/130
I'm in! I'm back at WW for the umpteenth time, and have lost 10 pounds so far. I'm doing the Simply Filling plan, as I found I make better choices this way! My goal for July is to get out of the 140's. That will be about 4 lbs.
jtkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:57 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jtkids
Stats: 153/141/130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Well Wi today! Can't say I'm thrilled but I think I'm retaining fluid. Instead of beating myself up, made a good healthy breakfast and gonna bike to post office. I am not going to be defined by the number on the scale! I refuse!!!
Good attitude! Keep at it and you WILL see results!
jtkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:02 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkids View Post
Good attitude! Keep at it and you WILL see results!
Thank you! Sure wish I would have read this yesterday! But.. Life is all about choices and I made some wrong ones and shall deal with that this week. After all these years, I've finally pinpointed most of my triggers. . (Well. . I have a lot of triggers. . but the "real. .honest to goodness. . binging triggers".). I am a stress eater. . and realized that I tend to eat more and more when I feel I don't have control over a situation. I feel the anxiety building and pace. and then eat a little of this and a little of that. .and before I know it, I have consumed so much that I throw in the towel and go off on a super binge. . Yesterday, was that day. I sure wish I would have started my day here instead of where i was. . I know I would have thought twice about my choices. I did not dare get on the scale today but will face the music tomorrow! I need to remember my goals for the month and stick with them.

So. .here's to a terrific week.. the month in young and we can still make a big difference. . I'm going to drink a ton of water today (to flush the evil toxins!) . and make better choices all day..
Old 07-07-2014, 08:04 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkids View Post
I'm in! I'm back at WW for the umpteenth time, and have lost 10 pounds so far. I'm doing the Simply Filling plan, as I found I make better choices this way! My goal for July is to get out of the 140's. That will be about 4 lbs.

You can do it! 4 pounds is reasonable. . I'd love 5 this months but will take anything other than a gain!!!

Let's do this!!
Old 07-07-2014, 08:06 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

check in Peeps.. time to get moving after the Holiday Weekend. . Let's do a little something every day to get our heart racing. . (you pick!)

By the way.. Have you ever had the Reeses Peanut Butter Cereal? OMG. . 3/4 Cup is 3 points which is a wonderful way to feed that sweet tooth.. I like to eat them without milk, like a true snack!
Old 07-07-2014, 11:01 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

I'm here. Had to get over the 4th of July weekend. But I actually did pretty well. I am down 1.2 after my last couple weeks' binge.

IM, I sympathize with the binge. Sorry that happened to you. I used my do not weigh card at WW's weigh-in this week because I did not want to see the scale and get discouraged. Sometimes it is better not to see that number because, I can want to just say so what and keep on overeating.

Stress is my biggest trigger too. Since my binge last week, I decided to get a couple of online hypnosis tracks to help me reduce stress and change my overeating habits. I got a deep relaxation tape to reduce anxiety and then I got a think yourself thin one. Also, I got a deep sleep one. It is really good and I have been falling asleep fast. You can listen to the think yourself thin one while you're on the computer doing other things. I think these are helping me. I felt less like eating my trigger foods the last couple of days.

Congrats to you for stopping the damage and drinking the water to flush out the toxins. Yes, the month is just beginning and we can make a lot of progress. IM, can you identify your triggers and do anything to reduce your stress? I'm glad to hear you are riding your bike - that must be fun.

JT, welcome back to WW's, and congrats on your determination to succeed. I have discovered that many of us are returnees. Seems like it takes a few tries, but at the meetings I have met lifetime members who reached their goal weight and it took them more than one try.

4 lbs. is a good goal for July. I would like that, too. We can do this!
Old 07-07-2014, 11:16 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

IM, I haven't tried the peanut butter cereal, it sounds really good! Have you tried the Chocolite peanutt butter patties? They are only 1 pt. 35 calls per patty and are really good, too.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:06 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: AutumnReigns
Stats: 208/159/153.6/158
WOE: weight watchers
Lose 5 pounds in July

I just lost a long post anyway!!!!!

We were out-of-town so I missed my Weight Watcher weigh-in...I didn't lose anything last week anyway..I'm struggling with this program I've always been 100% on plan too.

I seldom use my weekly points .....I'm having trouble losing on 26 points a day I'm going to experiment and use an older points program and see what happens this week.

Last edited by AutumnReigns; 07-07-2014 at 12:07 PM..
AutumnReigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:29 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
May I join you all in here? I'm starting up WW with my mom. She has been going since Fall and has lost 50+ pounds. My first meeting with her is tomorrow night. I did WW back in high school but didn't take it too seriously.

I got all signed up and messed around with the phone app and website tonight. I need to lose 10% of my weight (plus more, but that for a more specific reason). I should have been working on it already but have been failing. I'm hoping starting this up gives me accountability and I do better.

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:00 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Suzie!!!!!
Old 07-08-2014, 05:15 AM   #25
hay
Funfetti Freak

Gallery: hay
hi suzie!
hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:12 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Thank you and hi!

I have liked the Weight Watcher and Weight Watcher Recipe page on Facebook. The only thing I don't like about doing that is it shows up for most to see then. I know it isn't a big deal but I just am kind of nervous about starting this because I want to really focus and do well, but I know from lifelong struggles with food it is hard.

My mom said her meeting leader is very kind and inspiring. We go tonight at 5:30. It will be my first official weigh in but I have a scale at home so I know what to expect.

Do you ladies weigh between meetings or try to stay away from the scale?
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:41 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone!

I restarted WW in January, have had my struggles, we all do. I have found a home there. We recognize that we are all in the same boat - basically food addicts! We also feel that, after trying every diet in the book we find WW's to be the most realistic, and effective, albeit slower than other diets.

So this time I made a commitment to go to every meeting even if I had a bad couple of weeks. It has really helped. I am trying not to focus on losing a certain amount of weight in a certain period of time, just following the plan as best I can and I know that by the end of the year, I will be happier than I was when I began!

Suzie, congrats to you for starting and to your Mom for her success! I do weigh between meetings just to attempt to see what meal plans work for me and which ones are disasters. I really enjoy going to the meetings and have made good friends there. Hope you have fun tonight!

Autumn, I only have 26 pts. too. Are you using your points plus? I rarely have a day when I only use 26. I usually use about 4 pp.'s a day. It is slower, but works if I don't go crazy and binge. Have you tried the simply filling? Some people say it works better for them.

IM, how're you doing?

Last edited by Serena11; 07-08-2014 at 10:46 AM..
Old 07-08-2014, 10:58 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leisha
Stats: 210/195/155
WOE: Weight Watchers 360
Start Date: May 2014 this round!
I've been lurking, as they say, here for about two weeks now. I have to say I agree with Suzie about the WW face book pages. I posted a new favorite snack and about 50 of my friends liked and commented on it! I wasn't expecting to be so public with my new find!

I would like to join in here too! I'm a life time member from when I was 28 and thought I was fat at less than my goal weight now! Serena's post below is my sentiments exactly. Boy have I tried everything from hcg, low carb, even thyroid altering once! I've finally made it full circle back to WW and it is an even healthier program now that it was before.

I have been back for about 5 weeks. I've lost from 1.5 - 2 pounds each week. I think this week might be a stall or even a slight gain since I ate a little more than usual over the holiday and it's suddenly way too hot to walk here, even in the morning!! I'm in south Alabama and 54 years old.

Leisha

This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psm 118:24

210 208 206 204 202 200 198 196 194 192 190 188 186 184 182 180 178 176 174 172 170 169 168 166 163 162 160 158 156

<--------My husband, sons and sweet dog!
leisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:48 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Serena I pretty much eat from the simply filling food list any way...that's the type of food that I like...plus I can't eat fatty foods because of acid reflux.

I agree with you gals about the Weight Watcher face book page....I wish they would make the page private....but of course they never will. I never post on it because I don't want all of my fb friends to see my posts.

Maybe we can start our own Face book group at some point

Last edited by AutumnReigns; 07-08-2014 at 12:54 PM..
Old 07-08-2014, 12:52 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Leisha