Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/177/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Summer for M&E

Hey M&E family. Thought I better start a new thread with the change of the seasons. Let us know what you're up to.
Aruralgirl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2014, 05:07 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Thanks for the new thread!
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:52 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 143.7/138.7/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Hey Fam,
I'm here! Shaking off the June dust. Getting back into the IE frame of mind. It's taken all week, but I'm starting to feel the easing of the bloat.

You're thinking just the right way NAF, clothes vs. scale. You'll be much happier with a toned body for sure. Nobody ****s a scrawny guy

Hi Amy! Thanks for the new thread. How are things going with you?

to all!!
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Sunny7
signing on to read post.....
Sunny7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:51 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Hello M&E family (and lurkers).

The room sure has been quiet, but hopefully with grilling-season upon us (Summer) the room will liven up a bit.

This post is going to be rather long-winded, and I apologize for that in advance.

I have fallen-off-the-wagon, a bit the past few weeks. This is typical when I go back home to see the folks during the summer for extended periods of time. I've had more sandwiches and burgers these past 2 weeks than I have had the past 6 months combined. I did really bad the week of 15th-21st; so bad that when I weighed-in on the 22nd I saw that I gained 6 pounds.

Seeing the error of my ways, I tried to stay low carb as much as possible; it wasn't as easy as I would have liked, but I did put forth a solid, intentional effort.

At today's weigh-in I saw that I lost 2lbs!

So, with that 'motivational-high', I was compelled to make this post. We can do this people! It just takes us being pro-active and a little planning.

I am going back writing things down for the week and counting my carbs, just to hold me extra-accountable to it all. I also noticed that my walking log is low, so I'm going to focus a lot more on my walking this week compared to jump roping.

But yeah, Summer has just started and I am excited about what July can bring as far as losses go.

So, come on people! Stop lurking.. join... post...share...give kudos...ask questions...share recipes... luv and support!

Wishing us all much success!

NAF
Old 06-29-2014, 10:07 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice Job NAF
June has been a wagonless month for me as well. I got back on the IE wagon this week and feel as though I've lost the majority of the bloat. I haven't cut out carbs, but definitely toned them down, particularly those of the brownie persuasion . This coming week I'm going to continue with that strategy and am considering a FF or M&E week the following week when DH is out of town.

Friends and Family
Old 06-29-2014, 10:13 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Nice Job NAF
June has been a wagonless month for me as well. I got back on the IE wagon this week and feel as though I've lost the majority of the bloat. I haven't cut out carbs, but definitely toned them down, particularly those of the brownie persuasion . This coming week I'm going to continue with that strategy and am considering a FF or M&E week the following week when DH is out of town.

Friends and Family
Terri,

Would you mind sharing what a typical day's menu on a FF looks for you? I've been wanting to do one myself, but don't know exactly how it should look to get the percentages just right.

NAF
Old 06-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am more meal oriented than the small “feedings” some do. Some typical meals for me would be:
Breakfast - Coffee with HWC
1 egg, 1 yoke either scrambled with butter or boiled with mayo, egg salad style
Avocado with leftover taco meat & Caesar dressing is another favorite
Lunch – Many times I will just have Brazil nuts, they’re very filling
Cream cheese muffins are a good option or egg salad works too
Liver pate is also good with mayo
Dinner – 3 oz of meat with mayo dipping sauce or small salad heavy on the dressing
Cheese crust pizza is a favorite with the small salad as well.

Here’s a link to a thread where I got a lot of ideas:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...rs-thread.html

I do well if I keep the fat between 82-88% and the calories between 1100-1700.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:01 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Terri.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:06 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

On yeah, to up the fat at the end of the day SF HWC in the can is my all time favorite. I even have that for dinner when I'm on my own sometimes.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
On yeah, to up the fat at the end of the day SF HWC in the can is my all time favorite. I even have that for dinner when I'm on my own sometimes.
A FF feels like heaven right now. Like I said, trying to behave and cut back my carbs b/c I don't like this "gain" trend. I tried to go as low as 20 carbs today... just couldn't do it... I ended up at 29 (giving every thing I eat at least 1 carb; I know that method is not for everyone; but it works best for me). This must be a lot lower (29 carbs) than what I'm used to even when I'm behaving b/c I feel "weird." But then again 20-30 is "Induction level" carb intake amounts... my, oh my.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:32 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Morning, family!

It is the last day of June (can you believe it?!!)
For the month of June, I lost 3.2lbs according to the calendar.
This is awesome news to me. In May, I only lost 2.4lbs over the 31days of that month.

Hope everyone is doing well.

NAF
Old 06-30-2014, 06:59 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is great news NAF

That makes the visit with the folks and the indulgences a happy memory.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:58 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Amy! Thanks for the new thread. How are things going with you?

to all!!
I think I'm in the same place as you and NAF--trying to crawl back on to the wagon. Except I have no weight loss to report like NAF. (Great job, NAF!)

My plan is to start exercising again in the month of July--tomorrow, that is. I will be getting in serious low carb mode starting July 5--being realistic, here! I will try to post some of my menus, for accountability.

Amy
Old 06-30-2014, 05:33 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Amy! So good to hear from you. Thanks for the kudos. I look forward to seeing your menus.

NAF
Old 07-01-2014, 06:35 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Morning family!

July is already off to a great start! A long-time-no-see friend stopped by the house late last night yesterday because he was in the neighborhood. As soon as he sat down on the couch in the living room he asked me, "Have you lost weight?" You need to understand, I have not seen this guy in OVER A YEAR! That is why this means so much to me. I've said it once, and I will say it again... the scale could say I lost 5+lbs in a single week, but it is NOTHING compared to the kudos and the "paying attention" of people.

Just felt compelled to share that this morning. Keep up the good work people!

We can do this!

NAF
Old 07-01-2014, 10:17 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Don’t get much better than that NAF!

Sounds like it’s been a rough June all the way around Amy. Time to shake it off.

I want to get the exercise going too. You guys want to start an exercise challenge for July? Open and free (like our thread) just do “something” everyday? We could post menus and/or WOE and what "something(s)" we did.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Okay... so, I want to share really quick the past 24hrs.

As you know family, I'm trying to really concentrate this week on my total carbs for each day and I've been doing great the past three days eating a total of 29, 30, and 25 carbs respectfully the past 3 days. Well, today... I go out for breakfast with coworkers and get one plate, but some items on that plate included syrup, and 4 pieces of french toast. To top it off, a friend's husband made his world-famous lasagna and they were nice enough to save 2 pieces for me, and I ate them both for tonight's dinner.

Since the lasagna I've had one cup of BPC to tide me over/control any cravings that might try to emerge. I decided to weigh myself, so I can get the disappointment of this "off-day gain" out of my system.

I still weigh less right now then I did at 8am this morning when I weighed myself! Say what?!! I ate that lasagna 4hrs ago (around 6pm) so I know it's had a chance to be digested and all that stuff, and I still weigh LESS than I did when I first woke up this morning. I am looking VERY forward to getting on the scale tomorrow morning! (*knock on wood* I hope I didn't just jinx myself )

Just wanted to share.

NAF
Old 07-03-2014, 08:36 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
. . .I still weigh less right now then I did at 8am this morning when I weighed myself! Say what?!! I ate that lasagna 4hrs ago (around 6pm) so I know it's had a chance to be digested and all that stuff, and I still weigh LESS than I did when I first woke up this morning. I am looking VERY forward to getting on the scale tomorrow morning! (*knock on wood* I hope I didn't just jinx myself )
I did not jinx myself! I've lost 7lbs so far this week! (Keep in mind, I was misbehaving for the past 2 weeks; a lot of this is water weight, but hey, a loss is a loss!)

NAF
Old 07-03-2014, 01:34 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Don’t get much better than that NAF!

Sounds like it’s been a rough June all the way around Amy. Time to shake it off.

I want to get the exercise going too. You guys want to start an exercise challenge for July? Open and free (like our thread) just do “something” everyday? We could post menus and/or WOE and what "something(s)" we did.
Count me in! Starting July 5 for me. . . Yes, Terri, definitely ready to shake this off!

NAF, congrats on the weight coming off!
Old 07-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Count me in! Starting July 5 for me. . . Yes, Terri, definitely ready to shake this off!

NAF, congrats on the weight coming off!
I'm heading out of town, so I'll commit to the 7th, but try and get the ball rolling sooner. Shake on!

A loss is totally a loss NAF, nice job
Old 07-03-2014, 02:22 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm heading out of town, so I'll commit to the 7th, but try and get the ball rolling sooner. Shake on!

A loss is totally a loss NAF, nice job
Actually, I'd be glad to wait (or weight?--ha, ha) until July 7. I was thinking that would be a better day anyway.

So July 7, then?
Old 07-03-2014, 03:48 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Actually, I'd be glad to wait (or weight?--ha, ha) until July 7. I was thinking that would be a better day anyway.

So July 7, then?
Perfect, I'm totally in!! I may actually weigh in I haven't completely decided, but I'm leaning towards FF, what about you? For exercise, I talked my walking partner into recommitting for Monday and I’ll probably start lifting alternating with palates.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 07-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Good morning all of you beautiful souls I found you all!!! Was wondering why I wasn't getting any post updates, you all started a new thread!

Well I'm happy to say we are on school holidays at the moment so I have a little time to actually stop and breathe...that is until I have to start planning for next term

Anyway, I have a pesky 2kgs that I've somehow gained during the course of the past week and cannot shake it (damn you Winter, damn you). So I thought what better way than to do a couple of days of M&E and come and visit my gorgeous family!!! So here we go...Day 1.

Today's menu plan:

B: BPC, Bacon and 2 egg omelette
S: BPC
L: 2 boiled eggs mashed with mayo, small amount of diced onion, l/c gherkin, cut up ham, chopped capers
S: (If needed) boiled egg
D: Pork and prawn Chinese-style omelette
S: (If needed) Decaf coffee with HWC & piece of chocolate bark
Exercise: 30 mins elliptical trainer, 15 mins light weights

So I plan to do it 'clean' so I can get the best results as quickly as possible. Hopefully I can just do it straight for 3 days but I have been known to fall off the wagon doing it without a day of normal l/c eating in between. Will see how I go and hopefully if I keep myself busy I will stay on track!

I haven't had a chance to catch up on your posts yet but I hope you are all well....Hi NAF, Terri, QB, Amy, Lil (you still here?)...anyone I've missed and all of you lovely lurkers

I've missed you guys....
Old 07-04-2014, 11:58 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Boo

Ive popped in and out but not posted due to finishing up school. So many exams! That was follwed by a family holiday, a couple of out of town business trips and suddenly its been 4 months since Ive at home for more than a few days and Ive put on a couple of kgs.

Ive been meat and eggs (mostly) this week and lost a bit fairly quickly suggesting water weight

Food today was bacon and eggs for bruch and ribeye.with garlic butter for.dinner.
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:25 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
. . .I haven't had a chance to catch up on your posts yet but I hope you are all well....Hi NAF, Terri, QB, Amy, Lil (you still here?)...anyone I've missed and all of you lovely lurkers

I've missed you guys....
Hi tashydoll! We have missed you too! Can't wait to read all your menus and get your feedback on things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
. . .Ive been meat and eggs (mostly) this week and lost a bit fairly quickly suggesting water weight
Hey lilbeetle. A lot of us are in the same boat! I lost over 10lbs the past 9 days honing in on what I eat and keeping it very, very clean!
Old 07-05-2014, 03:34 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Hey family!

So, It's been 8 days since I started the "back to under 30 carbs a day" with my daily menus. I weighed-in and the scale says I've lost 11.2lbs.

This has to be the biggest whoosh I have experienced in a good long while on the scale!

Gosh, 11lbs! Apparently, not only did I fall off the wagon those 2 weeks I was home visiting family, I must have had to run a good couple miles to get back on it!!! Very grateful that the majority of it was just stubborn water weight. :-)

Here's hoping I reach an all-time low next week! *Fingers Crossed*

NAF
Old 07-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Good morning my lovelies! Well I'm down 1kg exactly (2.2lbs) I know it's only water weight but I don't care, I feel fab. I always forget how good I feel when I eat this way, minimal hunger, no cravings, and lots of energy So with that in mind I'm going to tackle another day - this is not usual behaviour for me I generally cycle my M&E so l need to stay really focussed to be able to do this. I tracked my carbs yesterday and only had 2.6 grams according to the tracker I'm not sure how I managed that but going to try for it again. That is a massive achievement considering I made fresh chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing for guests yesterday and I resisted the temptation (quite easily actually) Deep breath, Day 2:

Planned menu:
B: BPC, leftover pork and prawn omelette
S: BPC
L: 2 x Pork sausages, 1 x fried egg
D: Chicken, chili & fresh coriander meatballs
S: (If needed) Decaf coffee with HWC & Stevia
Exercise: 30 mins elliptical trainer

Lil great to see you back, excellent work on your losses. Your life sounds as hectic as mine! My hubby's in NZ (Queenstown) at the moment chaperoning the school ski trip....he's having a fab time and no broken bones which is always a bonus

NAF thank you for your warm welcome as always I'll be around for a couple of weeks at least and then I might only get time to lurk after that for a while

Happy losing my lovely M&E family

Last edited by tashydoll; 07-05-2014 at 03:48 PM..
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Hey family!

So, It's been 8 days since I started the "back to under 30 carbs a day" with my daily menus. I weighed-in and the scale says I've lost 11.2lbs.

This has to be the biggest whoosh I have experienced in a good long while on the scale!

Gosh, 11lbs! Apparently, not only did I fall off the wagon those 2 weeks I was home visiting family, I must have had to run a good couple miles to get back on it!!! Very grateful that the majority of it was just stubborn water weight. :-)

Here's hoping I reach an all-time low next week! *Fingers Crossed*

NAF
Holy cow NAF, you're a machine!!!!!! A weight loss machine!!!! So proud of you, that is just awesome.... keep up the amazing work
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:02 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lbecker28
WOE: M&E
What are some of your usual menu items on M and E? I need to go shopping today. Usually I have eggs, pork chops, and ground beef.
lbecker28 is offline   Reply With Quote