Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Hey fam! Just thought I'd log on and leave a quick message letting you all know that you have crossed my mind!

Aruralgirl and Terri- you ladies are inspiring with your exercising/do somehting every day routines. Keep up the good work!

krissakris- congrats on your success with your egg fasts. I recently completed one Sunday - Wednesday... I lost 5.6lbs. Granted, when I start incorporating other foods I expect a gain or two, but this is the norm. Egg fasts are a great way to "spice things up" and re-awaken the body low carb-wise.

Beth and good luck to you on your egg fast as well.

As for me, now that I'm back home and done with my vacationing for a while, I'm going back to keeping track of my menus and carb counts, and the scale is going down...I like that [don't we all?!!].

I'll be sure to post this week's total loss (or dare I say it.. any gains) on Saturday.

All the best!

NAF
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2014, 05:19 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: smoky
Stats: Start weight 280/208/180
WOE: Type 2 Diabetic on - LCHF
Start Date: Re Start Oct 19 2013
2 days of M@E don 2 lb.
smoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:34 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky View Post
2 days of M@E don 2 lb.
That is great, smoky! Is this your first egg fast? Are you finding it difficult or fairly easy to stick to?
Old 08-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/177/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Hi fam.

Great job Smoky on losing two pounds.

Naf, sounds like you are getting totally organized and ready to lose some serious poundage.

Terri, my E-bud, good job on dodging the sugar. And, of course, all those exercises.

Krissa, how's it going? Still on egg fast?

As for me, another 13 minutes of exercises on the chair gym. Where is the smiley face sitting on a chair exercising???
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:05 PM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/142.4/130
WOE: HDE/FF
You did it to me again Amy. I didn't want to work out but I didn't power walk today and I knew I had to report to Sgt. E-Bud. So 15 minutes planks and leg lifts. I didn't slow burn, but I worked to exhaustion. So I'm very happy!

Good IE day on top of it!

Hope everyone had a great day!
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:34 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Wow! That's downright frightening. I've known it was poison for a long time but I guess I never really realized it was legitimately biologically addicting. Makes sense though. I can come and go with donuts in the break room, but partake and I canít stop all day. Itís scary to think that ďtheyĒ are putting it all processed food. A friend on our threads husband worked for Frito-Lay and she said they did things the make their products addicting. Wouldnít be surprised to find out it was sugar. Even our beef is sweetened in the fed lot. I have a friend from the Czech Republic and asked her about the differences in the type of food they ate. The biggest thing was how sweet our meat is. She says in Europe, meat tastes like meat, not sugar. Isnít that crazy? Thanks for the quote. Iíll store that in the arsenal.
This stuff is crazy and it makes me grateful I'm not a sweets person. FWIW, it's from D. Hyman's 10 day diet detox? if you want to learn more of the science and stuff behind it. Learning that cancer cells feed off fructose has been another thing that made me hyper vigilant about hidden sugars and such. I never realized how sweet things were either until I started checking for sugar grams on labels. It's so insidious too b/c ppl use only check for cals/fat and carbs, but nowadays sugar can be stalling you and/or causing more damage. Why does milk have 12g of sugar per glass. I even went to purchase those Emergen C tabs and I think they had 7g of sugar per piece. I will have to double check it was that one and not the competitor...one of them only has 1g b/c I remember going with that one.

Thanks to TOM I'm more on m/e this week. I had mostly meat monday and yesterday and eggs tuesday/today. I'm actually done with scrambled eggs, so I'm trying other recipes to get me through the next few days. I was craving salt like crazy yesterday, so while I wanted to do eggs only tues-sunday, I had to break that. Idk why I feel guilty when I'm still super low carb high fat.

Any ghee fans here? I've been going through tons of it for the past few weeks and I love it more than regular butter. I made some garlic infused yesterday to go over my chicken wings and it was incredible. Considering how much bacon I was consuming when I started back m/e, I'm impressed I haven't had any in almost 2 weeks.

I'm almost 4 weeks lc and cheat free. This is incredible for me b/c I would always rationalize a cheat of some sort. TOM was an easy excuse, lol, so far I've been really good with sticking to only on plan foods to indulge. I know I should work out, but if I can get my food perfect, I'm not going to stress myself about working out just yet. Diet usually is the hardest part for me.

Thx for the support guys...I hope you're all having an excellent day. It's almost FRIDAY!
Old 08-14-2014, 08:42 PM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're doing great Krissa! Don't even worry about exercise right now. Just go with what's working.

I know what you mean about sugar. I've never been a sweets person for the most part. But every so often it's gets a hold of me. You're so right about it being addicting.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:49 PM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good evening Fam!

Way to get back into the groove NAF! It's great to have you back.

Great job Smokey! How you doing Beth?

Well E-Bud we're doing great! What's your WOE these days? Today I am so grateful that I power walked. I don't have the strength or ambition to lift a single dumb bell or leg weight.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:00 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Hey E-Bud, I'm back to yardening. Two hours today.

As to WOE, I have been trying to stay around 1,600 but am allowing a few more carbs right now--mainly because I have some small watermelons in the garden, and I'm partaking. But not overdoing it. Today was probably the highest in a while at 63. I ate--dare I say it?--c-o-r-n. Kind of feel like it's one of those words you have to whisper on a low carb forum. Mostly I'm staying around 40 carbs, though.

I want to do an egg fast soon. Maybe next week. I might try some of those recipes out this weekend. Those snickerdoodle crepes looked pretty good.

Krissa, great job on the not cheating for several weeks! Ditto to what Terri said about not exercising and just focusing on the WOE right now.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:45 PM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

11 minutes Lift/Squat/Abs upped weights to 8lbs

Good IE day

Hope everyone has a great weekend Fam
Old 08-16-2014, 05:31 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Hello everyone!

Hope you all had a good week and that your weekends are off to a great start. Been catching up on the posts and you all have been doing great. A shout-out to Krissa for going 4 weeks+ with no cheating on her low carb plan. That's awesome! Keep up the good work.

Well, I was FINALLY able to stick to plan now that I'm done with traveling and all for the time being, and the results were great; I lost 7.1lbs this week. Now, let's keep in mind that for most of July I was way over my usual 40-50 traditional total carb counts/amounts, so most of this 7lbs is water-weight. BUT, a loss is a loss! My mini goal for myself: To be at an all-time low by October 1st or sooner.

NAF
Old 08-17-2014, 05:37 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Great job, Naf! Nothing shabby about losing 7 lbs.!

Okay, E-bud, I've been working out the last two days, knowing you are miles away, doing your power walking or your TV workout, too. (We should write a TV workout book, right? ) For me, Friday = 15 minutes of chair gym workout, Saturday = 10 minutes on the chair gym.

It's been raining cats and dogs here, so it will be another chair gym night tonight.

I'm retaining some water again, high of 183, but my rings felt tight, so I know it will come right back off. I didn't end up trying any egg fast recipes, but hope to this week sometime.

Anybody ever made the cream cheese pancakes? The recipe that has some combination of cream cheese and eggs and probably one or two other things, but I don't have it in front of me at the moment. Or any other egg fast recipes, for that matter?
Old 08-17-2014, 06:27 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Aruralgirl~ I tried the cream cheese pancakes and they were really good. I don't know why I only had them once, lol. I'm a little weary of cream cheese/dairy, so I only have it when necessary.

Sorry for lack of updates, my diets have been super boring. I'm still doing egg fast for the most part, and I had 2 days that were all meat and I had mostly eggs, and then 5 slices or so of bacon on friday. Essentially still m&e, lol. I'm supposed to weight in tomorrow, and I'm super nervous since that TOM came a week early. I'm praying I'm not holding onto water since it's day 3, but we shall see. I do like that the egg fast is cheap and easy. When you're only eating one thing it does get boring, but you learn easily how to not eat for pleasure/boredom. When things are yummy, you can over eat, when you only have on choice you only eat when you're actually hungry, lol.

I'm so over scrambled eggs, to the point where I physically can't have them more than once a day. For my entire life I swore I didn't like egg salad, but I had to give it a go yesterday for variety's sake. I used some garlic ghee and mayo and it was awesome. I even made my own mayo today with bacon grease and used it for tonight's dinner and it was excellent too.

Tomorrow I have to resume my yoga though. I must must must do it even though I'm afraid it might stall me on the scale. I know I felt awesome when I was doing it daily, so I need to make time for it.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!
krissakris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:21 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks E-Bud! Your post is just what I needed. I tweaked a shoulder muscle and was making every excuse to skip my workout. After reading your post I did 10 minutes planks/leg lifts/arm presses. Not only got in my something, but my shoulder feels better as well Plus a casual, spread out 30 minutes yardening.

I bet you're going to do great on your weigh in tomorrow Krissa, you deserve it!

This weekend was marginal IE. I ate when I wasn’t really hungry, but didn’t overeat for the most part.

Great going NAF! Way to kick it back into gear!!
Old 08-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Happy Week All!

Missed you pals!
Computer's been down and finally up and running again. Hope all of you are doing well. Need to catch up on posts. Lost two pounds last week, hope didn't gain back by weigh in tomorrow. lol. I'll check in tomorrow; lub ya all. Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:51 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Way to work out, E-Bud! You know I'm with ya!

Krissa, thanks for the info on the egg fast and the pancakes. Will try it out this weekend.

Mae, WTG with the pounds lost!

As for me, yesterday I did 10 minutes on the chair gym. Today 30 minutes of yardening.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:24 AM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Greetings Fam!!
Hope the week is off to a great start for all.
Congrads Mae, ainít it great when you start to see those numbers drop!

Howdy E-Bud. Iíve been power walking for the most part this week. Going to try and do a lift/squat/abs session tonight. Seems like slow burn has really increased soreness. Now I see why they only do it once a week.

DH is traveling next week so Iím thinking of doing a four or five day Fat Fast. Anybody game?
Old 08-21-2014, 09:00 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Hey E-Bud, been working the chair gym last night--forgot about exercises until right before bed, but like a good little soldier got up and worked out. Did 12 minutes. Then today I did some yardening for 50 minutes.

Fat Fast, hmmm. . . I think you read my mind. Was thinking I needed something to jump start things. So, if you're in, I'm in. Just let me know when you want to start.

Slow burn workouts? I'm guessing that means something to do with resistance type exercises done slowly? You're a brave woman!
Old 08-21-2014, 09:47 PM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're such a trouper EB What do you think about Monday?

The Slow Burn Fitness Revolution by Fredrick Hahn and the Eades (of Protein Power fame) is extremely slow exercises like lifts and squats to the point of exhaustion. You only need to do them once or twice a week for 30 minutes to reap (reportedly) incredible rewards. I've been dappling in it. Mostly slowing down my TV routine and trying a few of his specifics. It makes a lot of sense. With any kind of lifting routine, they always say to make it harder, take it to the next level, etc. slow it down.

Today - 30 minute power walk and 4 - 12 twist planks

Okay back to FF What are your favorite meals? A few that I remember being particular partial too:

Brazil Nuts
SF Whip Cream
Cheese Crust Pizza
Alfredo Sauce on anything
HWC in coffee
Cream Cheese Muffins
Old 08-22-2014, 02:04 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Happy Friday everyone! I only lost 1lb last week, so I stopped the egg fast and went back to meat and eggs. I had chips one day, but I'm still sticking with meat eggs for now. I'm thinking of doing the egg fast again, maybe? Sun-Friday since my bday is next Saturday and I'll be eating off plan.

Mae: glad to see you're back!

Terri: I will def have to check out the slow burn plan. I love learning new techniques.

Aruralgrl: def lmk if you try out the egg fast, I think it works really well.
krissakris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:52 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Hey all. I hope everyone had a great week and that their weekend is off to a great start.

I am happy to report that I lost more weight. Since last Saturday 8/16, I have lost another 3.4lbs!

I hope everyone is making and finding progress in their goals for the month, whatever they may be.

Terri and RuralGirl: Great work with your being active everyday regimen.

Krissa: I cannot do egg fasts more than once or twice a month, so I have much respect for you for completing 2+ rounds already so far in August alone. And do not feel bad about having chips (not that you are feeling bad, or came across as you were feeling bad about it ). I have learned to "live a little" while being a low carber and having my peanut butter or a small bag of chips a couple times during the month. This is a BIG difference from the way I used to eat having Peanut Butter and chips EVERYDAY!

KUTGW everyone! Best wishes.

NAF
Old 08-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Hey E-Bud, Monday sounds great! Ready to FF along with you!

Some of my favorite FF meals are:

--Spiced or plain pecans
--Egg creams
--Cream cheese muffins
--One-egg omelet cooked in butter, with one sliced mushroom and 1 T sharp cheddar
--Pepperoni chips with 2 T whipped cream cheese
--Deviled egg with a few green olives
--coffee with HWC
--Mocha Mascarpone Mousse (from Dana Carpendar's FF cookbook)

On a different note, my exercise for the last two days has been 13 minutes of chair gym exercises and 45 minutes of yardening.

NAF, great job on losing more weight!

Krissa, will let you know if I do an egg fast in the near future. Maybe the week following the FF would be good. At any rate, I think I'm going to check out the exact ingredients for the cream cheese pancakes and see if they would work for the FF. I do end up eating a lot of eggs during an FF, anyway.

Fam, have a great rest of the weekend!
Old 08-24-2014, 09:35 AM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Those are some great ideas Amy! Including pulling out Danaís cookbook. I saw you guys talking about Egg Creams, would you please share the recipe? Today Iím prepping. Deviled eggs just got added. I will be bagging Brazil Nuts in Ĺ oz packages, making Alfredo Sauce, planning and shopping for supplies so I have everything at my finger tips.

Exercise has been on the minimal side. The body was begging for a break by being crinky, so just a little casual yardening yesterday and 5-10 minute abs the day before. I think Iíll try to change up a few of my squats and lifts to shift the stress away from some of the sore areas.

Great job NAF!!! I agree, living a little keeps all this sustainable.

Hope you have a great birthday Krissa. What are the celebration plans?
Old 08-24-2014, 03:59 PM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Hey E-Bud

You know, looking over the egg cream recipes I use, they are a bit high in calories, ranging from 288 - 298 and I use 1/3 cup of either pumpkin, strawberries, or peaches. So, that leaves the fat percentage under 80%, though ranging in the 70s.

But here is the recipe:

4 T of HWC
1 egg
1/3 cup of pumpkin or strawberries or peaches
1/3 cup of water
1 T Splenda

If the fruit or pumpkin was taken out, the percentage would fit into the above 80%, but then it would need some sugar free syrup for flavoring, or maybe just extract, and because I use frozen fruit or pumpkin, I would think instead of water it would be better to use the same amount of ice cubes.

Still, the calories are up to 270, though the FF depends on how many calories and how to divide them up into meals.

I might try to do one of these with a smaller amount of fruit, like maybe 1/4 cup. Would probably make it with the strawberries.

What do you think?
Old 08-24-2014, 06:38 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay so duh, do you put it in a blender like a smoothie?

Thought about it:

Take out the fruit, add Black Cherry SF Syrup and 1T Dark Cocoa and Whip It - Chocolate Cherry Pudding, Blended with ice - Chocolate Cherry Smoothie. Either way 287 calories/81%.

Okay so yes I have chocolate cherry issues, sorry I lost myself.

Last edited by TerriMM; 08-24-2014 at 06:48 PM..
Old 08-25-2014, 05:36 AM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awesome Where?

Well today I start FF. Cupboard stocked. Stats updated. Goal - to see the 130s.

Todayís Menu:
Coffee with HWC
Deviled Egg
Brazil nuts
Cheese Crust Pizza or Noodles Alfredo

Exercise - Pilates and Power Walk
Old 08-25-2014, 07:58 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Okay so duh, do you put it in a blender like a smoothie?

Thought about it:

Take out the fruit, add Black Cherry SF Syrup and 1T Dark Cocoa and Whip It - Chocolate Cherry Pudding, Blended with ice - Chocolate Cherry Smoothie. Either way 287 calories/81%.

Okay so yes I have chocolate cherry issues, sorry I lost myself.
I like the way you think!

Oh, and duh on my part. Yeah, put it in a blender like a smoothie, but whipping into a pudding sounds like a great idea, too.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:04 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Awesome Where?

Well today I start FF. Cupboard stocked. Stats updated. Goal - to see the 130s.

Todayís Menu:
Coffee with HWC
Deviled Egg
Brazil nuts
Cheese Crust Pizza or Noodles Alfredo

Exercise - Pilates and Power Walk
Sounds great!

I'm intrigued by the Cheese Crust Pizza. How do you make it? And what do you use for noodles with the Alfredo?
Old 08-25-2014, 08:11 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

FF Day 1

Starting weight: 181.5

Menu:
--Coffee
--One-egg cheddar and mushroom omelet w/ 1 slice bacon
--Deviled egg w/ 5 green olives
--Pepperoni chips w/jalapeno whipped cream cheese
--LC Coleslaw
--Pumpkin cheesecake (From FF cookbook)

Exercise: 20 minutes of yardening

Water: 12 glasses so far. Really trying to work on getting 12 - 14 per day.

So far, so good.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:16 PM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How'd you do today E-Bud?

Me - 1009 calories/87% Fat

Now I'm off to do something while I stare at the TV. I don't know what, but I promise I'll do something.