Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2014, 09:49 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/175.5/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Doing great, Terri!

Here's today's news--before I fall asleep.

Weight: 182

Menu:

B - 1 zucchini flax muffin w/ butter, coffee

L - 2 fried eggs, 4 strips bacon

D - 1 roasted chicken thigh, Thai cucumber salad (LC style)

Snacks - dreamsicle jell-o, another coffee, 1 slice of almond bread w/butter

Water - 9 glasses

Calories: 1,452

Carbs: 23

Exercise: 12 minutes of strength training exercises
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2014, 10:35 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/140.5/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Ditto Amy We're going to make this happen!

Good whole food IE day. Went grocery shopping at lunch where they have my favorite chocolate cake pops. Could have had one if I wanted. Wasn't hungry, went back to work and had almonds from the vending machine for lunch. NSV!

Exhausted Yardening Girl said, I need a day off and I deserve it for working so hard. Challenge Girl said something every day. So five minutes planks and leg lifts. Thanks for the going for the challenge Amy It's keeping me going.

Hi Fam!!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:26 AM   #63
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fayes3
Stats: 227/208/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2014
Hi Everyone,
Good to be back Work and broken computer has had me lost to be able to post But new computer up & running at home and I am ready to cath up on all of your postings I have maintained to this point and are ready to take it to the next level! I love that you posted your daily menus. It is very inspirational! Thanks!
Fayes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:27 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back, Faye!

This challenge is keeping me going, too, Terri!

Today's weight: 181.5

Menu:

B - slice of almond bread, butter, LC strawberry jam, LC yogurt, coffee

L - lettuce-wrapped cheeseburger

D - pizza on a plate (so easy!)

Snacks - terriyaki beef jerky, slice of chocolate cream cheese pie, strawberries, another cup of coffee

Water - 10 glasses

Calories: 1,617

Carbs: 35

Exercise: 45 minutes walking
Old 07-16-2014, 10:02 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome back Faye, glad you're up and running again!

I had a marginal IE today. Almost got tripped up by a chocolate chip cookie. It was almost lunch, a vendor had brought in some cookies and since it was almost lunch time I figured I'd try one. I wasn't hungry and it went straight to my trigger button. I didn't have another but the cravings were unleashed. I over ate at dinner a bit but at least the screaming has stopped.

Exercise – 30 minute power walk, 15 minutes lifts/squats/abs
Old 07-17-2014, 09:54 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Evening Fam,

Where did everybody go? I feel like we've taken over the thread with our challenge. Does anyone want to join us?

Today was a good IE day. They brought brownies to work today. I knew I wasn't hungry so I just avoided the break room. I went into make a copy mid morning and the devil on my shoulder started telling be that maybe I could just have one bite. I went to cut off a smidge and they were already getting hard. I realized they weren't worth the calories and just moved on. After that they didn't even call to me.

Exercise – 20 minutes Pilates
Old 07-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like you got it under control, Terri. And you're doing great with all of those exercises! I think the exercise is the biggest part of this challenge we're doing--getting us up and moving every day, and I think we're doing great if I do say so myself.

Okay, today's stats.

Weight: 181.5

Menu:

B - 2 fried eggs, 4 strips of bacon, coffee

L - 1 slice almond bread, w/butter and LC jam, 1 yogurt

D - pizza on a plate

Snacks - slice of chocolate cream cheese pie, 2 T Sunbutter, 3 strawberries

Water - 13 glasses

Calories: 1,520

Carbs: 24

Exercise: 1 hour, 15 minutes of yardening.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I agree. To be honest my weight loss is lagging, but I'm starting to feel the difference in my clothes and that is the point for me. If I can replace the flab and cellulite with muscle, particularly toned muscle, I can live with the number. Though I believe that will also go down.

So what does your yardening consist of?
Old 07-18-2014, 02:03 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Sounds like you got it under control, Terri. And you're doing great with all of those exercises! I think the exercise is the biggest part of this challenge we're doing--getting us up and moving every day, and I think we're doing great if I do say so myself.

Okay, today's stats.

Weight: 181.5

Menu:

B - 2 fried eggs, 4 strips of bacon, coffee

L - 1 slice almond bread, w/butter and LC jam, 1 yogurt

D - pizza on a plate

Snacks - slice of chocolate cream cheese pie, 2 T Sunbutter, 3 strawberries

Water - 13 glasses

Calories: 1,520

Carbs: 24

Exercise: 1 hour, 15 minutes of yardening.
Hey Fam. Hi to all.

Aruralgirl, You're doing great Like your menu! The term yardening is so funny but catchy. You and Terri put me to shame. lol. I barely walk around the block these days. But that's gonna change. My birthday is this weekend and after a small oink fest, I'll be back on it to stay. My wonderful DD is gonna make sure I do, and go walking with me; build up my stamina once more.

We're gonna go see Transformers and Malificent this weekend; hard not to enjoy something at the movies (will most likely take something with. lol sneak in some healthy snacks.) but still gonna have a guilt free weekend, and psyched up actually to stay on the wagon come Monday, my DO it day and stay.

Thanks for all your support; best fam ever.

Terri you go girl, right up there with Aural. You're working hard on your goals, pretty lady. You're an inspiration too. Yep joining you two for the long haul. Will post later next week on stuff. Going to plan things out a bit to get head together and goals I need to focus on. That always helps me stay on track, when I get it in my head what to do and focus better. May not always follow it, but thunkin it out helps. Considering a combo of low carb and smoothies, clean eating. My DD is into cleaner eating and has started cooking more, as she can that is.

Which reminds me, Aura, what's your bread recipe. I haven't made homemade bread in a while, but gonna go back to doing it. She loves to bake and wants to make a good gluten free/wheat free bread. No luck yet though we've found lots of recipes.

Welcome to all lurkers and Welcome bake, Faye. Not to worry, I had computer issues before and got them fixed; but other reasons had kept me away too. Just post as you can. That's what I do. It's great here with the FAM so come on in and yelp with us.

Sorry for the long post. Happy living and life, all. Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:04 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
I agree. To be honest my weight loss is lagging, but I'm starting to feel the difference in my clothes and that is the point for me. If I can replace the flab and cellulite with muscle, particularly toned muscle, I can live with the number. Though I believe that will also go down.

-----
Terri, sometimes that difference in how your clothes fit is the best difference of all! You're doing great hon, makes me wanna get back in there and do it to it. You'll get there.
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:53 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mae! Hope you enjoy your weekend. Sounds like you and DD have a great plan.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Good Evening Fam,

Where did everybody go? I feel like we've taken over the thread with our challenge. Does anyone want to join us?...
Well, I have been doing my jump rope cardio as often as possible. Ive done it Monday, Thursday, and Today. Today I completed 1000 jumps in 24minutes (set the timer for 30 minutes so I had plenty of time to spare).

But with that said maybe someone can share some insight and feedback on the following thought. I have noticed that on weeks that I do not exercise, I lose a lot more weight than the weeks that I actually do exercise. What is up with that? I know that exercise is good for us and that overall it can only help us not hurt us, but it is discouraging to sweat so much and yet have the scale hardly budge, or even worse (and what I see happen) go up! . Sometimes I debate should I even exercise because I know that for myself at least I will ultimately lose more weight during the week if I do not exercise.

Thoughts......comments.....feedback? Thanks in advance.
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:20 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

*in sing-song voice* . . .Happy Birthday Dear Mae, Happy Birthday To You!
Old 07-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Hi Terri, Mae, and Naf!

I'm tuckered out--long day--so I'll give today's stats and answer questions tomorrow morning.

Good night, my M&E family!
Old 07-18-2014, 11:08 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is quite a conundrum NAF. Exercising does not equal weight loss. There are many reasons for this.

1. Muscle weighs more than fat
2. To build muscle one must push it, thus tearing the muscle tissue to rebuild. Repairing muscle retains water.
3. Exercising, aerobics, lifting. strength training etc. demands water. If we don’t give it enough, it hordes what it has.
I’m sure the more articulate and educated lurkers could expand on this.

Bottom line for me:
1. Being a saggy skinned, scrawny girl does not seem like a goal I wish to achieve.
2. The way I feel in my skin trumps the scale

However:
1. I try to weigh in the day after a non- exercise day.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:51 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It is quite a conundrum NAF. Exercising does not equal weight loss. There are many reasons for this.

2. To build muscle one must push it, thus tearing the muscle tissue to rebuild. Repairing muscle retains water.
3. Exercising, aerobics, lifting. strength training etc. demands water. If we don’t give it enough, it hordes what it has.

Bottom line for me:
1. Being a saggy skinned, scrawny girl does not seem like a goal I wish to achieve.

However:

I think you summed everything up quite well right there, Terri and in terms anyone can understand. Thanks!
Old 07-19-2014, 08:22 AM   #77
Junior LCF Member

good Morning all,

All this talk has made me dust off my tread mill sitting vacant in my bedroom and I actually decided to get on it for a 15 min walk. I was pooped when I got off, but excited that I have STARTED!

Today's menu:

Breakfast: coffee, one HB egg/ handful blueberries

Lunch: small salad/ w chicken strips/ avacodo slices

Dinner: steak/ green beans/ blu cheese butter sauce
Old 07-19-2014, 08:10 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Bottom line for me:

However:

Here is an oldie but goodie article. I read this a few months ago for motivation and to re-focus myself on FAT LOSS rather than simply weight loss. I read it again yesterday in the hopes to do the same (motivate myself to focus on FAT LOSS moreso than weight loss). Yes, it is on a paleo site, but that is not what matters...not to me anyway (I'll always be an Atkins/Meat and Eggs man ). To me what matters is it discusses that the scale isn't the best factor when it comes to judging fat loss and 155lbs of fat/being unhealthy differs from 155lbs of muscle/being physically fit.

Cheers all!

NAF
Old 07-19-2014, 08:16 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Couldn't say it better myself, Terri. Also think you summed up the exercise/water retention question quite well--thanks for the explanation!!

To answer your question, because I live on a farm, our yard is bordered by a pasture and a field, rotated between corn and soybeans (it's a soybean year), so we contend with a lot of weeds. So lots of weed pulling. I put in a medium-sized garden, so there is weeding to do there, plus staking and pruning tomatoes, watering, and now picking veggies. Cukes and zukes right now. Some peppers and tomatoes are starting to ripen. Already been through cabbage, waiting on watermelon and corn--which I will be partaking of, though restricting for obvious reasons. Also building up beds for next year.

Plenty to do, but it's looking pretty good.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:24 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Mae!! Hope it's a great one!

Here is the almond bread link: Almond Butter Bread

Yay--finally figured out how to link stuff.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:28 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Naf, great job with all that exercising! I think you've set some great goals!

Faye, good menu! Great job!
Old 07-19-2014, 08:52 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Abbreviated summary of yesterday:

Weight - 181, Calories - 1,680, Carbs - 39, Exercise - 14 minutes strength training exercises.

I ate the almond bread again with LC jam, yogurt, grilled chicken spinach feta meal with steamed broccoli and side salad with ranch at Longhorn Steakhouse (good menu choice for a change!) and tuna salad last night.

Okay, today's stats:

Weight - 181

Menu:

B - 1 slice of almond bread w/butter and LC strawberry jam, coffee

L - Ham and swiss wrap w/LC tortilla and little mayo and mustard, lettuce, and tomato

D - grilled chicken strips w/mustard and LC coleslaw

Snacks - chocolate cream cheese pie, jell-o, another coffee, 4 strawberries

Calories: 1,426

Carbs: 32

Water: 12 glasses

Exercise: 1 1/2 hours of yardening
Old 07-19-2014, 10:06 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Since we started our challenge I've lost 2.3#. Considering I've been exercising everyday and basically eating anything I want, I'm pretty happy with 2.3 in less than two weeks.

Today IE on the road. We like to travel.

Exercise - 30 minute walk through a wildlife preserve we found and 15 minutes lift/squat/abs.

I'm thinking when you say yardening you mean YARDENING! I used to garden and can big time (though not at your level). Now that it's just the two of us I only put in a few tomatoes and this & that, but lots of flowers. Post some pictures when you get a chance.

Great article NAF! I saved the before and after picture for every time I get discouraged

Way to go Faye!
Old 07-20-2014, 07:31 AM   #84
Junior LCF Member

Hello All,

day 2 on my exercise journey This time I made it to 20 mins on the treadmill! I was tired when I got on, but now glad I did what I set out to do! The almond Bread looks yummy I am going to make this today after grocery shopping Have a Great Day
Old 07-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So far (it's a little early) good IE day, whole foods for the most part.

1 hour yardening.

Feeling better and better in my clothes. I have company coming this weekend and I have to admit it's a real joy to plan menus without worrying if it will blow my "diet".

Way to go Faye!
Old 07-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
. . .Feeling better and better in my clothes. . .
I bought another suit and tried it on about 15 mins ago. It fits me well. It is a smaller sized suit than that first pin-striped one I bought..that is what makes this such a great NSV for me; that and the fact the jacket even seems a bit roomy. It's so great to buy "normal" clothes nowadays and not have to be stuck going to "portly" or "big man" for things now.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:15 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Excellent NSV NAF!!! The exhilarating experience of not having to shop in the big girls section may never leave me. I get it!
Old 07-20-2014, 09:58 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
I'm excited to join you guys. Finishing up a 3 day juice cleanse and have been dying to get back to lc-ing. M/e is the best for me for the next few weeks and I'm thinking if transitioning to Dukan in Aug.
krissakris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:45 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Krissa! Join the club.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:50 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Hi everybody!

Glad to have you with us, Krissa!

Naf, I SO know what you mean about how good it feels to shop in the regular section. DH does, too. He used to have to go to the Big and Tall section but now has been at his goal weight for nearly six months. . . Anyway, great job with the new suit!!! I bet you look marvelous.

Faye, great job for getting on the treadmill even though you were tired! I have to say that happened to me last night when around nine (and very tired) I realized that I had forgotten to exercise. So I got up and did 10 minutes, even though it was hard at first. But like you, I was so glad I did it!

Terri, I'm glad that you found a WOE that fits you so well. I bet it is freeing to not worry about blowing the diet! BTW, great job on the continuing exercise challenge, my friend!