Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2014, 04:36 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Weight Watchers May Losers Unite

Grab your coffee and join us for a fantastic month of motivation, support, tips and friendship! Welcome and old . Let's make May the best ever, 5 pound challenge this month? Walking just a few extra steps this month and you are on your way! So, .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2014, 06:48 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Image.jpg
Old 05-02-2014, 06:50 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DO IT FOR YOU!!!
Old 05-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well. . Friday night . .so far. so good. . the real test will be the weekend. . I make questionable choices while at home.. I haven't quite figured out why but I always seem to start strong and then lose my way. .

Small NSV: Friday is always Pizza night for my boys. Always! If we don't pick up pizza on the way home, it is the end of the world for my 13 year old! Soooo. . of course. I walk in the door and there it sits. . (Mind you. no one was around, either. .They had already devoured 3 pizzas - and yes. I have no idea why hubby has to buy 5. . but anyway . ). . I geeked and gawked and decided I would eat one. . piece not the whole thing. . it was 7 points and I counted it and moved on. . Victory!!! Small baby steps. . one meal at a time. . I did round it all off with a salad and immediately put the remaining pizza in the refrigerator so I can forget all about it. . Not to worry. .I have two other teenagers coming home later so it'll be gone in no time. .

I can do this and so can you!
Old 05-05-2014, 07:06 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I sure hope your weekend was great. . It's awfully quiet and that makes me nervous.. here's to a great Monday
Old 05-06-2014, 10:07 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK.. so I seem to be talking to myself. I guess that's alright. I need to learn to do things on my own. . including Losing this weight.

Happy to report that I didn't totally lose it over the weekend. . Had a super migraine yesterday so I slept most of the day. . today. . I'm ready to go. Didn't get my workout in this morning so I'll have to do that tonight. . I was just too afraid of the after effects of the headache from He **. . .either way. I love the new attitude and I am going ot rock May. .

Who's in?
Old 05-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK. so I am having a terrible time today . I have 5 points left for the day and I still need to eat supper . . and I want something.

More Fruit, I guess. .big salad. I can do this. I can. I can. I can. I have to remind myself WHY I want this too. .

double yuck!
Old 05-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wigglesmom
Stats: 240~240~165
Start Date: 10/6/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
OK. so I am having a terrible time today . I have 5 points left for the day and I still need to eat supper . . and I want something.

More Fruit, I guess. .big salad. I can do this. I can. I can. I can. I have to remind myself WHY I want this too. .

double yuck!
Hi IM2F. Be strong. You can do it!
Wigglesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:30 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigglesmom View Post
Hi IM2F. Be strong. You can do it!
Hi wiggles! I'm sitting here at 4 in the morning trying to come up with a plan!
Old 05-07-2014, 03:42 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Took advantage of my early morning! Made zero point veggie soup with my leftover refrigerator bonus finds! I am also roasting carrots and rutabega in the slow cooker with onion and boullion, boiled some eggs, made my lunch and cut up a watermelon for my sweet tooth and now I'm walking on my treadmill ! Here's to a great Wednesday ,,
Old 05-07-2014, 06:25 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wigglesmom
Stats: 240~240~165
Start Date: 10/6/2014
Holy cow! You have certainly accomplished a lot already today. You put me to shame. I'm just sitting here sipping my coffee.
Wigglesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:09 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Not by choice, Wiggles! Not by choice. . I can't figure out why I keep getting up so early so I thought I might as well embrace it!! LOL. .
Old 05-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

and just for the record. . those "fundraiser" candy bars are 5 points each! Yep.. I found that out the hard way. . .Darn!
Old 05-08-2014, 04:14 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We'll. isn't that special? Went to bed early and really had to force myself to get up and walk this morning. Slow going , I got my 30 minutes in but not at my usual pace, I just can't get it together errgggg. I wonder if the stupid hormones doc put me on are making me feel this way? It sure is tough being a girl

On a positive note, I shall drink this coffee and log my one accomplishment for the day
Old 05-08-2014, 08:44 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So.. I had this brilliant observation recently. . I log all my food intake on my WW online ap. . however, my experience has been that if I eat something I really shouldn't, I usually ignore it or let it ruin my whole day and start over in the morning.. or at the end of the week or the month, etc. .etc. . .

Anyway. I tend to try to avoid my extra points for the week including exercise ones. . Well. .those points carry over from week to week (my reset is Monday. .). . and I have to admit, I never really know how many I have a the end of the week because this bite and that bite don't really count (Yes. . they Do!!!). . so I've started logging anything I eat extra during the day on the previous day. . it takes away from my bonus points and I can still focus on the current day.. This seems to work for me mentally . .like yesterday. I ate one of those stupid candy bars after talking to myself for hours. . I caved.. 1/2 became the whole thing and I knew I only had 7 points left for the day (for dinner) and a candy bar wouldn't have held me over. . I logged it and moved on with my day.. I still have plenty of the bonus points left for the weekend and I didn't obsess over that stupid candy like I normally would have . .Plus. . I was able to enjoy a low calorie dinner!!! Win/Win. .

I think I can do this. . Yay
Old 05-10-2014, 09:45 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow. I"m lonely.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:29 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I sure hope everyone has a spectacular Mother's Day! Mine was great. Hubby bought me a new bike (Pink) so the boys can't take it over. I plan to log some miles this summer. . We are taking a trip and the boys want to bike so I want to be prepared! I am also going to purchase Fitbit for myself too so I can compete with myself! Nothing like a friendly competition to keep me motivated! Yay.. go me. .

I hope everyone else is on program and doing the best they can!
Old 05-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Serena11
Stats: 172.8/164.8/128
WOE: low carb
Congratulations on your new bike! What a great Mother's Day gift. Your dh sounds like a doll. It will be a fun way to get your exercise in.

I started WW in January and need a little more motivation. I am mostly staying on plan, but seem to be stuck after a 7 - 8 lb. weight loss. I think I may need to modify my plan to exclude grains and go more low carb, trying to eat a moderate amount of protein with lots more vegetables, and low sugar fruits.

When did you start? Are you doing it online or going to the meetings?

I like the meetings and I find them to be supportive, but I need more accountability during the week, so I will try to check in here and maybe post my meals and points.

Have a great day, and see you later!

*Serena*
Serena11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Serena! So glad to hear from someone. I was beginning to feel like it was me? Who knows, I suppose it could be but I need the accountability. Anyway- I do weight watchers online presently. I am a lifetimes who lost my way over time, age, kids, job -they all get in the way but I'm ready to take my life back! I've done every weight loss program out there (at least the ones I could afford). Low carb, no carb, shred, super shred, liquid diets, cabbage soup, fasting, shakes, slim fast etc but weight watchers is my tried and true! I made it to goal and maintained years ago but then decided to have one more baby -well he's 11 and I'm still hanging on to the baby weight. I am determined to never weigh what I did on my last birthday (which wasn't too long ago) so I will be plugging away and trying to remind myself that this is a lifestyle change and not a diet!!! (((Sigh)))) Each and every diet had its good points and I'm taking what I learned and using if to my advantage (water, protein, exercise, small meals and not letting one mistake define a whole day!)

Meetings are great and really help and I would go in a heart beat, just need to carve out time! Keep at it and bring us tips! The leaders are fantastic
Old 05-13-2014, 01:04 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

If you did it once, you can do it again! So hard with kids and all the responsibilities of family to stay on track, but congrats on getting back on plan.

I agree that ww is the best, not the fastest, but I think that is good because it helps you learn to eat right and make the lifestyle change. I did Atkins and it worked, but of course I gained it all back and more. Then I got so I couldn't stomach all that protein anymore, yuck!

I just started back going to the gym today, I hope that breaks my stall. But even if it doesn't I know it is good for me.

I did try ww's a couple of years ago, but didn't make the commitment to go to the meetings so I backslid. Now I'm not trying to lose a certain amount of weight by a certain time, I have made a commitment to attend the meetings. I figure if I go for a full year, I will definitely weigh less than when I started and I will feel good about that because I was only gaining before.

Are you tracking every day? And do you use your points plus?

Have a great day tomorrow--you are doing the right thing!
Old 05-13-2014, 04:41 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I track and I try to exercise every morning , have a gym membership but bought a treadmill so I have no more excuses ! Walking shoes in my van so I can walk on my lunch hour if if ever quits raining. Tracking
Keeps me accountable and exercise makes me feel accomplished even though I hate it!!' Gotta just do it and keep hoping it becomes routine! Good luck today !
Old 05-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Afternoon, Fellow Losers. . I don't know why. . but I keep feeling the need to check in. . guess that could be good or bad. .

Anywho. .was up early. . walked on the treadmill and just praying it dries a little by this afternoon so I can ride my new bike!!!

I've not felt great all week and hoping it passes! I feel a little better today so i am back to making better choices. I tossed some chili in the slow cooker yesterday and had just enough leftover for lunch today.. I put it on my tossed salad with a little bit of cheese and have an instant taco salad of sorts. . It's good either way. .

For breakfast: Curley's pulled chicken 1/4 c = 2 points on top of 2 Tostadas adn One WW string cheese. . . 1 cup Raspberries.. = 5 Point breakfast. .very yummy too! (As you can see, I'm not your conventional breakfast eater. . I make sure i have protein, too!)

I have chicken out for dinner. . still debating on what to make.

Last edited by IM2fat; 05-14-2014 at 12:40 PM..
Old 05-15-2014, 01:21 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Good for you getting on the treadmill. I wish we were having your rain. We've got drought and it has been blistering hot. 98 yesterday and today at least 96.

WW's meeting was this afternoon. It was too hot to stay in unairconditioned room so just weighed, talked to a few friends and came home. Only lost .4 this week, but at least the scale is going down. I lose really slowly. How about you?

How many points do you have? I am short so I only get 26. It's hard and I use the points plus most days. One of the members who lost 50 lbs. said she could not lose if she ate the extra points. The leader says you should use them. Do you?

I love Southwestern food so your breakfast sounds great. I had some enchilada casserole for dinner. Corn tortilla, shredded chicken breast, chard, squash, enchilada sauce but no cheese so I think it was not high in points. I count about 5 per serving.

I hope to lose 1 lb. this week. I'm going to the gym 3 days. Hope you get to ride your new bike today!
Old 05-15-2014, 07:31 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Serena:

I'm a very sloowww loser, too . so I understand your pain. I've been doing this since April and I'm only down 4. . but I try to look on the bright side. . no gain!!!
I also get 26 points per day (5'4").. and your are correct. . it is difficult.. and I eat constantly. . (I was just making a mental note of that this morning as I was carrying my lunch "tote/duffle bag into work. . It is filled to the brim every day.. it's like I'm afraid the world will end and I have to feed everyone in my office.. .) . Today: Raspberries, Asparagus, Zuchinni stir fry, hot sour soup, pulled chicken, yogurt, cottage cheese, tossed salad, soup . cut up orange. . Apricots, vitamins, tea, coffee, diet soda and my water! What? I think I'm obsessed.. .how embarrassing. . that's not to say I will eat it all today.. but come on? Maybe I need to rethink my habits. . I fall into the same ole' same ole' and I think that hinders my losses. . It's all consuming and sometimes that gets tiring too. . I get jealous and frustrated at all the skinnies that can munch all day and never gain. .

and. . just for a quick visual. .as I"m putting my many bowls into the refrigerator, I note that I already have 2 salads, yogurt, cottage cheese and boiled eggs stashed! . . (and don't even get me started about the Progresso soup, green beans, popcorn and oatmeal under my desk! ). . A girl has to be prepared. . but I have to share this. . I only live 1.8 miles from work! It's not like I can't run home and grab something.. I AM NOT GOING to starve for goodness sake! I really need to stop thinking about my meals all the time. . I know I drive myself crazy! I like to organize and be prepared but I think I take it a step too far. . and I can tell you, the men in my office probably think. . No wonder she's a fatty.. she eats all the time!!! OK.. Sorry. .I got off on a rant but it feels good to let it all out sometimes, especially when someone else has a slight understanding. .

and NOOOO.. it is still raining . .My bike is still sitting there in all it's glory and pinkness waiting for me. . You could send just a little sunshine here. We wouldn't mind. . It is extremely cold too. . windy and rainy. . dark and depressing. . I just have to remind myself. . it will blow over. ..

I guess I really have to evaulate the way I'm working the program and be true to myself. I know when I eat too much and I know that bite counts. . even when no one is watching. . I have to remind myself that I am doing this for me and no one else.. .and remember why I want this.. think back to that "feeling" that I never want to feel again.. look at my closet and see all the wonderful things I can't wear. . put on extra jewerley, wear my highest heels. . look good in short sleeves, shorter shorts. wear a swimming suit (Ugg. . that's a long way off). . in short. .I just have to find what motivates me and keep at it. NO one can do it for me .. . .and I do want this again.. I do. . 11 long years of carrying this extra weight that was supposed to be "temporary" is long enough!!

OK. . I'm ready.. I'm going to slay this day and have a rockin weekend.. Tomorrow is gone and today is a new day. . my coffee callith. . I must go. .
Old 05-15-2014, 10:06 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amazing things rarely happen in your comfort zone.. .

Wow.. some good truth .
Old 05-16-2014, 01:48 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

All your food is so healthy, I wouldn't worry about the quantity. We are supposed to have our meals planned and food prepared in order to not get hungry or frustrated and grab some calorie-laden thing that's in front of us. I hear from so many women that they have to deal with candy and other bad food at work. So you are doing great!

4 lbs. since April sounds like a good start. I decided this time I am not going to focus on a certain amount of weight i want to lose in a certain period of time. That never works. I am just committing to doing my best to stay within the points and go to the meetings. If we do this, look where we will be by the end of the year!

We WILL be able to wear all the things hanging in our closets again!

26 pts. today plus 2 points plus
Old 05-16-2014, 04:28 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

those clothes don't stand a chance! I'm gonna wear the poo out of em!

I did, earlier this year, finally clean most of the too small stuff from my closet- 15 bags of things I couldn't wear and decided I needed to focus on the me-now. It is frustrating to look there every day and see things I want to wear but couldn't , it's helped a little and I make sure to wear things that make me feel good now. It's definitely a balancing act -can't wear stuff too big or I look pregnant and if I wear it too small, I'm uncomfortable as heck.

Which brings me to my current love/hate affair with a very cute black skirt

Have a day! It's Friday!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2014, 12:53 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Wow, 15 bags - that is an amazing feat! You must have a pretty big closet! I should get rid of old things that I know I will never wear again, like when I was a size 4. I'm just too emotionally attached. I've been trying to give away things when I buy new stuff. My closet is just too squeezed otherwise, but I still have some of those things from a bygone era when life seemed rosier! (I'm sure I have selective memory.)

I may have eaten too many point today. I had lunch out at a buffet. I mainly just ate salad, but I did have a small piece of carrot cake, no frosting, and I don't know how many points that was. But at least I went to the gym again.

Did it quit raining yet? I hope you get to take your bike for a spin this weekend.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:07 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I knew today was going to be great! Woke up to the smell of bacon (turkey) and the sun was shining! I think I'll finally get to ride today ! Even better, I weighed in and I've lost a total of 7!!! That makes 3 this week. as great as that is, I realize I have to be extremely careful because I'm a fast gainer - one bad weekend and it's over, but I think I have the tools to stick it out this time. I really want this I keep reminding myself how miserable I felt on my birthday and never ever want to go there!

By the way, a little trick I learned when cooking bacon - do it on a rack in your oven, it cooks evenly and no splatters and the grease settles below! Don't know if anyone else does it but I thought it was a great.

I feel inspired to do great things so let's make today count (point wise and other). No mindless eating

Serena : don't fret about yesterday just think of the choices you made ( better than in the lady) and one piece of cake won't hurt you. Besides, it had veggies in it
Old 05-18-2014, 01:23 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

3 lbs. in one week - that is fantastic, congratulations!

How often do you weigh? Do you have a weigh-in day online? Mine is at the weekly meeting on Weds. I am going to have to buckle down to lose just 1 lb. this week, but I know I can do it!

I love bacon, but have been eating chicken apple sausage instead. It's not too many points. Bacon sure sounds good though. I have been in kind of a rut for breakfast. I haven't tried turkey bacon, I think I'll put that on my shopping list.

Glad the sun came out for you - how was it riding the bike? I walked the dog.

We are having visitors tomorrow. There is going to be a lunch challenge. Hope it works out OK.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!