Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2014, 06:28 AM   #1
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Weight Watchers Friends!

Weight Watchers Friends
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2014, 04:30 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/176/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Hi friends! Woo wee. Spring break was tough- i totally lost it and not in a good way! Love that you started a new thread Dedicated! I need a fresh start. Sooo promise to myself: move more, eat less and track it - no matter what! Yesterday is gone and today is new so i have to just do it.

A real eye opener, cleaned my closet and removed 15 bags of clothes that I've been "waiting" to fit into. I think i just have to learn to accept the way i am and hope for better. I beat myself up, hate the way i look and then the cycle starts all over again. Its time to live and work day to day, meal to meal and hour to hour if need be. This weight gain was supposed to be temporary. Well. 11 years later and im still here! I keep ' putting' stuff off until i weigh less! I have got to stop!! Errgggg.

Heres to a new great day! Better choices to all,
Old 04-10-2014, 07:40 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladyathome
Hi everyone.

IM, I know what you mean about needing to live in the now regardless of weight. I am working on that as well. Every day is an opportunity for a new start.

I weighed in today and did not lose any this week. Stayed the same. I think I have some hormonal water weight since TOM is just leaving. Anyway, at least there was no gain.

My plan is to stick to the plan and maybe drink more water and step up exercise.
ladyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:33 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyathome View Post

IM, I know what you mean about needing to live in the now regardless of weight. I am working on that as well. Every day is an opportunity for a new start.

My plan is to stick to the plan and maybe drink more water and step up exercise.
Hi! Staying the same is success, in my book! It can be frustrating but you are making strides -

and Yes. . Every day is a a great opportunity.. I shall remember that and remind myself, before I get out of bed, that i have the whole day to make a positive change! I've kept my fat clothes and shall only have to wear them for one more season! I plan.. strike that. . I will make positive changes. Tonight, I plan to go home and clean my undie drawer .. we shall not discuss how many sizes that thing holds! This morning, I realized that my feet gained weight too! I finally got to put my boots away and dig out my heels. . Well. . my favorite red ones were too tight. . Luckily, I was able to retrieve an even bigger pair and not obsess too much over it! I really should toss them in the donation bag. . but they are way too cute to do it. . (Yes. . I have a few hoarding tendancies but it came in handy today - viola. . still feel good in my red heels! LOL). . . I know when I dress better, I feel better and I can break the cycle!!!

Cheerio, Peeps! Have a wonderful., losing day. . .
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:38 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: rosedec21
Stats: 215/190/137
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: April 1st/2003
Tomorrow morning will be my 4th meeting weigh in ! Fingers crossed. I have lost each week but the total is just a little over 3 lbs so far . I am very disappointed in the little total .
rosedec21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:39 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosedec21 View Post
Tomorrow morning will be my 4th meeting weigh in ! Fingers crossed. I have lost each week but the total is just a little over 3 lbs so far . I am very disappointed in the little total .
How close are you to goal? I'm sending good vibes your way!! Sometimes staying on program can be difficult when you are not seeing results you would like but the slower you lose, the longer it will stay off and the more likely you'll be to change old habits! Stay string my michigan friend and enjoy our sunny day!

I'm off to dispose of more baggage!
Old 04-12-2014, 07:54 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

I just started still goal is a long ways away LOL I lost 2.4 this week , so that makes 5.2 in the past 4 weeks . 50 more to go .
Old 04-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
Rose,do you go to meetings or do it online? I've lost 6 in three weeks but I haven't done very good this week.Weigh in is Monday and I'm really not looking forward to it. I think we are close to the same age and it is so much harder the older we get!

IM,I could have written your post about the clothes you've been hanging on to! I'm giving myself until this summer
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post
Rose,do you go to meetings or do it online? I've lost 6 in three weeks but I haven't done very good this week.Weigh in is Monday and I'm really not looking forward to it. I think we are close to the same age and it is so much harder the older we get!

IM,I could have written your post about the clothes you've been hanging on to! I'm giving myself until this summer
Yes , I go to the meetings ! I am 68 , but I cut wood , run a drill press at our factory , mow about 3 acres of lawn ??? Old or not , I should lose fasther then that LOL
Old 04-14-2014, 06:39 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone. It's a new week of ww for me. I have struggled and not done well for a few days so it's good to see a new week.

On Saturday, we went to Pizza Hut for lunch and we got the buffet. I fought the buffet and the buffet won. I was too hungry and we were eating later than usual. Also there is some mental thing involved where if I am having a buffet I should get my money's worth.

Anyway, I am glad for a new week. I am about to go have a good breakfast with appropriate points value.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:56 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I just started still goal is a long ways away LOL I lost 2.4 this week , so that makes 5.2 in the past 4 weeks . 50 more to go .
That's Great! You have staying power now. .4 weeks of sticking to program is a huge success! You may not have been perfect but you made better choices! Love it
Old 04-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley g-ma View Post

I really, really wanted to keep many of my items too because I looked at the amount of $$ I spent. . and the amount of beautiful things I had . . .but.. my past tells me that I will not get back into them and they will be out of style when I do! I try to have confidence but I figure if, err. . I mean when. . I make it to goal this time. .I deserve new things! My 2 oldest boys can be considered "adults" now so I just have the 2 little ones at home to worry about so I figured I can do a few nice things for me now.. I want me back.. the way I really see me when I don't look in the mirror!
Old 04-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yes , I go to the meetings ! I am 68 , but I cut wood , run a drill press at our factory , mow about 3 acres of lawn ??? Old or not , I should lose fasther then that LOL
Wowsers! You look fabs, Rose! and you really should be skinny with all that work you do. . .It'll come. . you deserve it!
Old 04-14-2014, 09:16 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyathome View Post
Hi everyone. It's a new week of ww for me. I have struggled and not done well for a few days so it's good to see a new week.

Anyway, I am glad for a new week. I am about to go have a good breakfast with appropriate points value.
I'm right there with you! What a weekend. . I, too, am starting fresh today. . Weighed in. .gained a pound! I know why but it doesn't make it any easier to accept. but I can't let that deter me. .I must move on..
Old 04-14-2014, 10:52 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Beef and Broccoli

1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak
2 cups broccoli flowerets
1 medium onion , wedges
1 can Fat Free Beef Gravy
1 tbsp soy sauce
12/ tsp garlic powers

Slice beef into thin strips and heat over medium heat about one minute. Stir fry brocolli and onion until tender crisp and set aside. Brown beef until done and add gravy, soy and garlic. Return veggies to pan and simmer. Serve over rice, potato or ?? (personally. .I think this would be better in the slow cooker (meat and gravy) and then add brocolli and veggies when you get home. . I might have to try it.. this is 6 points per 1/4. .

my friend gave me another recipe which I am trying tonight (no point value yet. I'll have to calculate when I get home)

Cut up boneless skinless chicken in bite size pieces and throw in the bottom of baking dish. Top with Mozerella cheese. . Take a box of stove top stuffing and mix with canned tomatoes (I am using the ones with chilies). . 1/2 cup water and top chicken. .bake until done.. I am sure this will be good with salsa, too. . and maybe some broccoli or french beans too.. in the layers (I think I might have to add some. . ). .
Old 04-14-2014, 07:02 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Beef and Broccoli

1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak
2 cups broccoli flowerets
1 medium onion , wedges
1 can Fat Free Beef Gravy
1 tbsp soy sauce
12/ tsp garlic powers

Slice beef into thin strips and heat over medium heat about one minute. Stir fry brocolli and onion until tender crisp and set aside. Brown beef until done and add gravy, soy and garlic. Return veggies to pan and simmer. Serve over rice, potato or ?? (personally. .I think this would be better in the slow cooker (meat and gravy) and then add brocolli and veggies when you get home. . I might have to try it.. this is 6 points per 1/4. .

my friend gave me another recipe which I am trying tonight (no point value yet. I'll have to calculate when I get home)

Cut up boneless skinless chicken in bite size pieces and throw in the bottom of baking dish. Top with Mozerella cheese. . Take a box of stove top stuffing and mix with canned tomatoes (I am using the ones with chilies). . 1/2 cup water and top chicken. .bake until done.. I am sure this will be good with salsa, too. . and maybe some broccoli or french beans too.. in the layers (I think I might have to add some. . ). .
Sounds good ! Let us know !!!!
Old 04-14-2014, 08:02 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LCJunkie
WOE: Lowcarb
I had my weigh in on Saturday and I was up 2 lbs. I did have a really bad week and was expecting a gain but not that much. I wasn't as prepared for the week foods which contributed to making bad decisions. I stocked up on food and pre made some foods to quickly grab for lunches and suppers. I'm hoping to lose those 2 lbs this week.
LCJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:52 PM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCJunkie View Post
I had my weigh in on Saturday and I was up 2 lbs. I did have a really bad week and was expecting a gain but not that much. I wasn't as prepared for the week foods which contributed to making bad decisions. I stocked up on food and pre made some foods to quickly grab for lunches and suppers. I'm hoping to lose those 2 lbs this week.
I hate when that happens. You will do good this week I'm sure , because you are more prepared .
Old 04-15-2014, 04:31 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tuesday!! What a wonderful day! Woke up to snow? Are you kidding me? It's April, for goodness sakes! However, I refuse to let it get me down! So onward

Junkie: I've lost my one pound gain already so you'll do fine . Just keep plugging away.

Chicken stuff was good, according to the troops but I got a late start and by the time it came out of the oven, I had already devoured my points in cheese and crackers! Not the best choice but it was a choice nevertheless so I'm celebrating not eating more !

I did put the beef in the slow cooker last night and will add broccoli when I get home, think I'm going to bake a few potatoes and try that! Yummy- that's my ticket to success have to plan a day in advance! So now I need an idea for Wednesday ? Fish? Chicken?
Old 04-15-2014, 04:33 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

morning, Rose! Don't work too hard today and watch out for the icy/flooded roads! We've had both and I've had enough!
Old 04-16-2014, 03:59 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone. I have gained a couple of pounds back Of course with all my off plan eating it makes sense.

I have a couple of issues .One is actual hunger. I don't get very many daily points and sometimes I am quite hungry intbe afternoon and when dinner comes around I eat too much.

Also I sometimes have poor planning.

The upside is that it is much easier to get back on plan with we than Atkins.

Today I stayed on plan. I even ate lunch at Olive Garden. After counting those points it basically used up all I had for the day after counting breakfast. So no dinner for me.

At least I'm not really hungry.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:38 PM   #22
Big Yapper!!!!

Ya IM ,those roads were nasty !!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:42 AM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lady: try to eat protein at every meal - I also use beans and tuna as a snack. I find that when I eat sugar or too many carbs, I am hungry too. Don't forget salads and fruit are free too if you are in a pinch. Broth, coffee and tea can sometimes take the edge off! If all else fails, sleep! I've been getting a lot more lately lol. O and your ace in the hole. Exercise!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:43 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Easter is going to be tough! I've picked up a lot of candy for the boys and hubby so I have to be strong. It's all or nothing with me. Once I start, I can't stop! And I love chocolate lately!
Old 04-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi guys! I'm struggling. I just do not have my head in the game. I guess tomorrow is another day! I have to do this. . I just have to. .
Old 04-19-2014, 05:40 AM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
Hi guys! I'm struggling. I just do not have my head in the game. I guess tomorrow is another day! I have to do this. . I just have to. .
NOW STOP THAT

You are our inspiration leader , so let's do this ----FELLOW MICHIGANDER
Old 04-19-2014, 08:16 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
NOW STOP THAT

You are our inspiration leader , so let's do this ----FELLOW MICHIGANDER

Thank you, Rose! I needed a slap back to reality. I guess I should dust off my tracker and get back at it. Just so tired of the up and down but if I don't keep trying, success will never be mine. One meal at a time.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:36 PM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Try this information on for size ---from our leader -----

"M&M's are really football fields. "What does this mean? To
find out walk with a 50 cent bag of plain M&M's onto a
football field. Open the bag, take out one little M&M at the
back of the end zone. Eat this one M&M! It will last in your
mouth about 10 seconds. Start to walk off your M&M by
striding across the football field all the way into the far
end zone (120 yards).
Congratulations! You just burned off one M&M.
Now turn around and look back at the goal post. If you're
willing to walk another football field, enjoy your second
M&M. Just remember, there are 53 to 55 of those little sugar
coated chocolates in the 50 cent M&M bag.
This wasn't written to depress you, but, hopefully it will
at least make you think the next time you pick something up
that you should think twice about.
Are you willing to spend the time and energy to burn it off?
By the way, one peanut M&M equals two football fields.
Potato chips and Doritos equal two football fields each
chip.
Chocolate chip cookies, depending on their size, equal 8 -
15 football fields.
A snickers bar equals 50 football fields.
Miller or Bud Lite equal 18 football fields.
If you choose a regular Miller or Bud - that equals 36 football fields.
A Big Mac, fries and shake are 240 football fields or five straight hours of walking.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:25 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LCJunkie
WOE: Lowcarb
I had my weigh in yesterday and I was down 3 lbs. Lost the 2 I gained the week before. I didn't have the best week for food. I started out strong but got sick and wasn't making good healthy choices but I wasn't eating alot of the other food either. I made bacon cheese buns for my boys one night and normally I would eat 4, I only ate 1.

I am 2 lbs away from my 5% goal so I CAN do this this week! Going to prepare foods tomorrow for the week.
LCJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:10 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you for that visual, Rose! That's why I miss meetings - so many new ideas!