Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2014, 03:10 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Junkie-wtg that's so awesome!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2014, 03:17 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

:Well, epic fail this weekend. It all started with the Church breakfast, bacon for lunch, Ice cream social at grandma's (but I did bring berries and mixed fruit! small victory-although I ate enough for 3 peeps! And chicken on the way home - to wash all the sweet out of my system). All in all, it was purely a lack of planning and an I don't care attitude, exactly why I'm in the place I am. Soo I forced myself to get out of bed at 530 this morning and walk on my treadmill. Today is a new day and I shall go forth and conquer it. Tawanda!
Old 04-21-2014, 07:31 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LCJunkie
WOE: Lowcarb
IM2fat, don't let the past pull you down. That has been my downfall and now when I have a cheat, I let it go after that day. Accept it and move on. You can't change the past, only the future. I know, all cliche's but they seem fitting. It you don't you will find yourself on a week long cheat. One thing I have realized this go around, I can't have a cheat day. I can only have a cheat meal. Cheat days consist of over indulging on things that I normally wouldn't want and I actually do feel myself a bit out of control. So, one meal I can do.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:22 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCJunkie View Post
IM2fat, don't let the past pull you down. That has been my downfall and now when I have a cheat, I let it go after that day. Accept it and move on. You can't change the past, only the future. I know, all cliche's but they seem fitting. It you don't you will find yourself on a week long cheat. One thing I have realized this go around, I can't have a cheat day. I can only have a cheat meal. Cheat days consist of over indulging on things that I normally wouldn't want and I actually do feel myself a bit out of control. So, one meal I can do.
I hear you loud and clear!!! I just wish I could/would feel better already. .It is so depressing to look into the mirror and realize that I've been fooling with this thing far too long. Sometime before the end of the month, I shall be another year older and I planned for this year to be the best ever. Soo. . my feeling. is I have exactly one year to make a change. . Originally, I only had 20pounds or so to lose, but if I am honest with myself. . that has since creeped up to 43!! If I break it down in segments. . It doesn't seem so bad . . but when I look at the whole picture. . well. .you know. . I am so thankful that I have a place to get my frustrations out (here!!!) instead of my family. . I'm trying today. . The first day of the week is always the most difficult and the family functions and obligations are over until Saturday. My son gets confirmed but I am not going to let that be an excuse to cheat. . My "older" day will not be an excuse, either. I want to feel better by then and unfortunately, chocolate is not going to fix it this time.

Exercise. .(((sigh))) will. but why do I hate it so much?. . Hugs to everyone today.. . especially if you are having a sugar hangover like myself!
Old 04-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #35
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Hi Peeps!!

Hope everyone is well. I caught a virus three weeks ago and last week caught bronchitis. I'm just tired of being sick...and at home in bed. Starting to feel better now, back at work today. Weight hasn't changed, but I did commit to walking three times a week!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:13 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Hi Peeps!!

Hope everyone is well. I caught a virus three weeks ago and last week caught bronchitis. I'm just tired of being sick...and at home in bed. Starting to feel better now, back at work today. Weight hasn't changed, but I did commit to walking three times a week!
Hence the name, dedication! I have a difficult time exercising even when I feel great so good for you but feel better soon
Old 04-22-2014, 03:16 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No cheat day yesterday! Went to bed early then my brain woke up at 230 this morning! It's gonna be a long day as I feel asleep right before my 530 alarm so I snoozed several times and was only able to fit in a 10 minute walk but I think I'll pack my sneakers and try to walk at lunch. Crossing my fingers I stay motivated!

Have a glorious day.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:42 AM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: rosedec21
Stats: 215/190/137
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: April 1st/2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM2fat View Post
No cheat day yesterday! Went to bed early then my brain woke up at 230 this morning! It's gonna be a long day as I feel asleep right before my 530 alarm so I snoozed several times and was only able to fit in a 10 minute walk but I think I'll pack my sneakers and try to walk at lunch. Crossing my fingers I stay motivated!

Have a glorious day.
A no cheat day for you yesterday !!! That will be your motivation for today !!!!
rosedec21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:45 AM   #39
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Hence the name, dedication! I have a difficult time exercising even when I feel great so good for you but feel better soon
LOL! Thanks!!! I plan to go to zumba today. I need motivation and to be rejuvenated!

Quote:

Have a glorious day.
Yay!!! The scale went up for me, so I need to reel it in.!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:50 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ladyathome
Hey everyone. I am still hanging in there with the program. No more losses. In fact I gained a pound or two back. I think I mentioned that part before.

Anyway I am pretty certain I am retaining fluid again and am having hormonal perimenopause issues.

One thing I like about WW is that it is easier to get back on plan if you mess up. Just start counting points again the next day. With Atkins you have to go through the whole process of getting back into ketosis along with all the associated unpleasantness.

The weather was nice so I went for a walk.

Last edited by ladyathome; 04-23-2014 at 02:51 PM..
ladyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:43 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyathome View Post
Hey everyone. I am still hanging in there with the program.

The weather was nice so I went for a walk.
Hi Lady! Keep hanging with us.. it'll come off sooner or later. .just wave bye bye!! And.. to the nice weather and walk!

I walked on my treadmill this morning. . and have stuck to program for 4 days !!!!! I'm excited. . I need to survive the weekend and all will be good with the world. . I can do it. .
Old 04-27-2014, 11:35 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
I'm still hanging in there too! I stayed the same last week as we went to San Antonio and they have great food along the river walk! I did the best i could and I was happy not to have gained. I am walking 4 miles a day now and that helps! I am going to be on vacation for the next 3 weeks so I hope i can keep up some walking and stay on plan as much as possible.I am going to find a WW's where i will be and weigh in.
Good luck everyone! Losing weight is NOT easy!
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:11 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nope. .it's not easy. . but it didn't come on overnight either. . OK. started the weekend with great intentions. . Ummm. . let's just say .. I'm happy for tomorrow. . (Monday!) .. I spent $175.00 at the grocery store again tonight and that was mostly fruits/veggies. . OK. and wine .. (not to self. . leave hubby home next time hahah!). . so I'm armed and ready for the week. My fridge is busting at the seams. .

Saw a trick on one of the weight loss pages. . apparently one can take grapes. . and sprinkle SF Jello on them and freeze for a nice treat.. .I love frozen grapes . . so I think this will be great for a sweet tooth. . I'll try not to OD on them and report back. .

The weekend was tough as my son was confirmed and we let him pick the restaurant. . Needless to say, he picked the buffet. . I tried and started with a salad. . but I know I over did it. .felt like Poo all day. . I have to remember this feeling. no need to repeat it. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-27-2014 at 07:16 PM..
Old 04-27-2014, 07:20 PM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

I WAS BAD THIS WHOLE WEEKEND ! Friday - Sunday ! I will be good from now on , OMG , I just could not stop !!! HELP !!!! LOL
Old 04-28-2014, 08:31 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok Rose, new day . . One at a time!

I'm doing it too! No more bad days, only good ones ! I'm gonna give it my all as I just paid for 3 months and accomplished nothing!!! Today, I promised myself I would weigh less and I actually weigh more than ever and I'm not happy! I just turned 47 (omg how does that happen? Especially when I still feel 30?) So I am off to live my new old life!!!
Old 04-29-2014, 03:19 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Walked 30
Minutes this am.. Off and running so they say! Planning is key and I Plan to never feel as old as I do today! Off to enjoy this glorious day even if it involves work!!
Old 04-29-2014, 06:33 AM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks IM ! Yesterday, Monday was better. I am going to do perfect today, I promise !!!
Old 04-29-2014, 08:33 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosedec21 View Post
Thanks IM ! Yesterday, Monday was better. I am going to do perfect today, I promise !!!
Me too..
Old 04-29-2014, 08:42 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm just rethinking my strategy here. . I know I have to do this for the rest of my life so I'm trying to decide why I keep bottoming out! I think I figured it out. I just love food. . I love to eat and I hate to exercise! Boo! Soo.. that being said. . I keep thinking about what I like about every one of the bazillion diets I have been on and what can I "keep" in my go to file. .

First. . Deleting entire food groups - Not healthy and Not smart . . failure

"Drinking my meals - (Not a good choice for me. . I must chew!)

Reducing sweets - I can live with this one. . enjoy a treat now and again.. not every day

Eating less but eating more often - I really felt more in control when I broke my day into 6 mini meals. . I was always about 2 hours from my next meal and was never starving.. Gonna adopt this one! (8, 10, 12, 2, 4 and 6 seem to be good times to eat! LOL!).. Really kept me from over doing it!)

Eating more protein - satisfied for longer periods. . Protein at every meal.. I can do this

Mixing more veggies into my main dish.. eating a salad or soup every day .

Eating fruit instead of candy! (I tried the frozen grapes/Jello. . Yummo!!! I loved it)

Fidget a lot. . get up and walk at least once per hour at work.

Exercise first thing in the morning. . Start riding bike again. . stash tennis shoes in the car. .

Trying to stay/get myself motivated. . I will not. . flat out refuse. . to feel as rotten as I did yesterday.. I will never go back. . Today is a new day and I can rock it. . or waste it. . I choose to ROCK it!!! My new AVI inspires me. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-29-2014 at 08:44 AM..
Old 04-29-2014, 08:50 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK . so Oscar Mayer has these P3 Portable Protein Packs out.. I've checked them out in the grocery store a few times but kept putting them back.. something about spending 1.99 on a few chunks of cheese/turkey and nuts just didn't appeal to me. Well.. One day last week, I was starving! I had a band concert to go to and didn't have time for dinner. The kids and I stopped at the Gas Station and they each grabbed Pizza. . I dawdled around a bit and spotted these babies. . and SCOre: They were. . B1G1 Free . .so how could I not? I was pleasantly surprised. . I ate one of those (slowly) and sipped my coffee and was very satisfied and never missed dinner at all. These babies are 4 points each (not too shabby) but the protein really has staying power! That's not to say, I couldn't have eaten both pizzas, too. . but I was satisfied and no longer starving. So being the thrifty gal that I am. . I sent hubby back to grab a few more of these and I've been enjoying them as breakfast. They are awesome when paired with fruit and will keep you going until your next meal/snack! . breakfast for $1.00.. not bad!!!

Just thought I'd share. . I love new ideas so I like to pass them on when I can. .

Last edited by IM2fat; 04-29-2014 at 08:51 AM..
Old 04-30-2014, 03:30 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm baacckkk!!! Miss my gibberish yet? Yay, yesterday was a good day . I struggled with a few old habits late afternoon but I allowed myself some protein and a long telephone call with a friend and I was good to go. Dinner was a total failure ! I marinated chicken in fat free Italian and stuck them in the oven and they were dry, dry, dry! I didn't even care to waste any points on them. Does anyone have any ideas on how to repurpose into another meal? Besides soup?

So exercise this morning, coffee and a little LCF and I'm ready to face this day! Onward fellow losers, we have this! And true to my word, I refuse to ever be the weight I was on Monday - down 2!
Old 04-30-2014, 05:50 AM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Yaaaa, IM2fat . I would cut the chicken up into chicken salad , for san switches and salad toppings. Arby's has a good recipe !
Old 04-30-2014, 12:43 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosedec21 View Post
Yaaaa, IM2fat . I would cut the chicken up into chicken salad , for san switches and salad toppings. Arby's has a good recipe !
I'm gonna google it. . thank you! I have more than enough anyway. . I ran to the store at lunch and picked up enchilada sauce. . going to try to shred some and slow cook it to make something Mexican. . can't go wrong with cheese, ever!!!

Has anyone tried the Smart Ones Chicken Sante Fe? I bought one today for lunch (it was only 3 points and it was on sale, too!!!). . It looked a bit disappionting when I opened the package but for 3 points. . what did I expect? Let me tell you. . it is big on flavor! I warmed it up. . threw some french green beans in it and tossed it over my salad. . Instant yummy . I also had a few cherry tomatoes. Great. .lunch and very big and filling for 3 points! I'll go back and buy a few more (Rose: Meijer has buy 5 get one free WW meals this week (they are on sale $2.00 each0 and I know there are coupons on the internet so you can score some reasonable meals. ). If you don't live by Meijer. . Walmart will price match. . I'm all about saving me some $$. . I'lll soon have new clothes to buy, after all !!!!
Old 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tstarr1414
Stats: 297/234/120
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: 1/4/2014
was told to slow down my weight loss

I do weight watchers and low carb. I have lpr reflux so I have to eat clean and bland food. I am trying to heal myself without meds. My leader said I need to slow down my weight lose or she will get in trouble. It has been 3 months and I lost 49 pds. I eat my points but no wp or ap . I have to give my throat a break in the day so I just eat 3 meals. Doctor said am doing good and to keep up the good work. I all so exercise every day for an hour.
tstarr1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:37 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Starr! Outstanding job losing! I'm not sure why your leader would tell you that other than she may be trying to prep you in case your losing slows down. Either way. Great job and continue to eat healthy . I am positive once your body catches up with your losses, some of your symptoms will go away. It is amazing what those few extra pounds can do to a body! I think losing weight is one of the best things one can do for thief health!,,

Keep us up to date on your journey -we love success stories and you sound like one.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:39 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The enchiladas came out great. Pot the chicken in my mini processor, mixed with a little broth, enchilada sauce, chilis. Yummy,,, I wanted to eat the whole pan (but I didn't)

My weigh in compulsion is kicking in but down another pound!! Yay
Old 05-02-2014, 03:38 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I tried a new thread so please hop on over! New month, new beginning, I feel a five pound challenge coming on. Who's in?
Old 05-02-2014, 03:41 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by IM2fat; 05-02-2014 at 03:42 AM..
Old 05-02-2014, 05:44 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weight Watchers May Losers Unite

Jump on over! sorry for the triple post. . was having issues with my Ipad this morning..
Old 06-22-2014, 02:34 PM   #60
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fatcat67
Stats: 166/164.5/135
WOE: 5 small meals/"clean" food/limited bread/pasta
Start Date: 10/01/08
Weight Watchers and Low Carb

Hi all!

Anyone doing low carb and doing Weight watchers? Would love to know how you're adapting and what your progress is!

I just started Weight watchers.

Thanks,

Renee Powell
fatcat67 is offline   Reply With Quote