Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2014, 05:44 AM   #61
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cristress
Stats: 123.6/121.6/110.
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Dec.2013
Well my weight was 115. this morning so a 3lb loss is the most significant amount I have had since the first day of starting low carb. I have been consistent with choosing all low carb foods. I feel it was because I stopped eating at 2p in the afternoon. No diet or carbonated drinks, water only and black coffee.
cristress is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2014, 06:51 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cali girl
Stats: 213/186/135 (5'7"- 57yrs)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept.1st.2014 - 191lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristress View Post
Well my weight was 115. this morning so a 3lb loss is the most significant amount I have had since the first day of starting low carb. I have been consistent with choosing all low carb foods. I feel it was because I stopped eating at 2p in the afternoon. No diet or carbonated drinks, water only and black coffee.
Wow congratulations
Cali girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:12 PM   #63
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cristress
Stats: 123.6/121.6/110.
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: Dec.2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali girl View Post
Wow congratulations
Thanks!
cristress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:12 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 14days
WOE: INTERMITTENT FASTING
One meal a day cured my pcos

Hello,

I haven't been here in years, and you know what that means.yup I have been off the wagon big time. I lost weight on Atkins, maintained on cad specifically one meal a day. Had a stressful time one day and was never able to diet again.

I was diagnosed with Pcos which was at bay because of my dieting, but that day I ate out of my RM, WAS THE BEGINNING of a horrible 5 years. I dint know I was so sensitive to carbs because of been on some form of carb monitoring diet since I was 18.

After a year of metformin and HORRIBLE DIETing strategies... In mArch I decided to go back to my roots so to speck....I started one meal a day. ON DAY 3 I was my old self again. On day 3 I felt well and young. In one week I lost 13 pounds (not all fat I'm sure) on week 2 I lost MOST OF the BEER BELLY of PCOS ......WEEK 3 and 4 I got new skin. 38 days of this and I got a period. On that day 4 pounds left me and on the last day of my period another 4 pounds....MY HORMONES WERE BALANCING....IVE LOST 21 pounds And so much inches....I am back to my old Dieting self again. (3 periods in a row....yahoo......I went from NONE....To a 38-40 day cycle...ILL TAKE THAT)

My friends are puzzled cause they see a difference from day three but they think it's a little weight but it's much more than that! My brother said to me , you look so well, your eyes are wide open you had sad eyes for a while, and your voice has changed.

I didn't know how sick I felt till on day 3 I felt well.

I am on one meal a day most days.....some days I have 2 with lunch as protein only or an atkins shake. I've not started eating "diet food" I've been struggling for SO Long, I think I'm suffering from diet fatigue.but I'm hoping to cut desserts out of my diet on weekdays lol
I've also been craving lots of fish beans and veggies lately.

I'm also taking metformin with my one meal only. I used to take it 3 times a day THIS IS THOUGHt WAS A GODSEND BUT it made me eat like a MAN!!! So after 365days of fighting with metformin and a low carb diet..AND GAINED WEIGHT .....IVe NOW GOT permission from my doc to take met once a day for insulin resisitance (1500mg). He says I'm his case study cause all his patience lost weight but I gained....and if it works he's gonna have a meeting with his colleagues.i have 3 months to impress lol...

My mom has been doing one meal a day for over 10 years I introduced her to it .she stuck with it . SHE LOOKS 30!!! Works out 2 hours a day.....outdoors......hiking and climbing mountains.....she's very passionate about it ( SHE HAS DESSERT EVERYDAY LOL)

My great results has me reading about fasting all kinds of intermittent fasting...my goal this week is to eat healthy....I can't afford organic so I'm not even going there....lol

Thanks for reading
14days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:48 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Post sometime what your mom has for her one meal. I too love eating one meal a day. It is the only thing that has worked for me. I eat dessert too every day.
oriana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:39 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

She's in the Caribbean so her food choices are different. Lots of fruits, veggies, ground provisions ( sweet potatoes, plantains, green bananas etc), she limits bread meaning she doesn't have it every day ( she's addicted ) lol.... She bakes cakes and sweet potato puddings and ice cream for dessert. When she comes to visit the me in the USA she always gain 5 pounds because the excercise is not the same and she eats differently. Last time she visited she complained she was hungry cause "the food is to light and airy" lol... So I had to take her to a buy the plant foods she was used to. Lol
Old 06-02-2014, 07:32 AM   #67
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Alyona
14 days,

Thats truly impressive and motivating results.
Can you pls write what you mainly had for the one day meal? I am still struggling to find my WOE, and this does ring a bell with me
Alyona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Great background Info you can find with the carbohydrate addicts diet. I'll post info again I'm a bit busy now
Old 06-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tara1970
Stats: 176/158/Happy@140/Ideal@128
WOE: CAD/One Meal A Day/Gluten Free
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14days View Post
Great background Info you can find with the carbohydrate addicts diet. I'll post info again I'm a bit busy now
How's it going? Your post in this thread really inspired me when I committed to 1 meal a day-style version of CAD at the start of June, hope you're doing okay!
Tara1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:40 AM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Alyona
Hi Tara, will be doing it too from Wednesday on for one month, to see if fits me.

The only change would be salad for lunch, and then big dinner, both within 8 hours window.

So let's report on our progress
Alyona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:45 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
I've been eating one meal a day since 5 July 2013, I didn't know it was a version of IF. Actually I didn't even know there was something called IF.

The reason this works well for me is I have portion control issues and I love to be "full" when I'm done eating. I tried eating several times a day, but I ended up being hungry all day long. One of the LCF posters wrote this and I tweaked it to fit me:

"Remember: I'm only hungry when I put FOOD in my mouth!"
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:07 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Just Jo, do you ever have a day when you go off your normal one meal a day? And, what do you eat for your one meal? Is it at lunch or dinner?
Old 06-16-2014, 02:00 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Just Jo, do you ever have a day when you go off your normal one meal a day? And, what do you eat for your one meal? Is it at lunch or dinner?
Like I said earlier and truthfully, "I'm not hungry until I put food in my mouth!" I haven't eaten breakfast since I was about 12-13 yo. So, cutting out one meal and all that senseless snacking hasn't really been that big a deal. And I've only eaten one meal a day since July.

I'm a school teacher with a 30 minute lunch so it's actually kind of nice not having to rush in to the teachers' lounge to hurriedly wolf down lunch - I usually go outside and hang out with the kiddos or walk.

The only time I eat is around 4 or 5 pm (when I get home from school). By the time I go to bed by 7:30-8pm, I'm still not hungry or craving a snack. I get up at around 2am drink copious amount of what I like to call my "LC foo foo café au coconut lait a la Da Vinci SF Caramel". I exercise and get school paper work done before I go to school in the early am.

I eat a 6 oz salad and a protein (either canned tuna, chicken, turkey or fish). I don't do dairy, nuts or beef. I may add an oz of pork rinds just to up my kcals...

Sorry about the essay....

Last edited by Just Jo; 06-16-2014 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: Silly fingers... :)
Old 06-16-2014, 02:05 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
... I love to be "full" when I'm done eating. I tried eating several times a day, but I ended up being hungry all day long.
I'm EXACTLY the same!! Miserable small amounts of things annoy me, there's probably a psychological reason but I find it much easier to coast along on 'empty' (not the same thing as 'must eat now'! lol) so long as I know I'm going to get one decent large meal a day.

I've been steadily losing my craving to eat sweeter stuff with this, despite a few slips along the way, so I think that proved this WOE is working for me.

When I limited carbs to a set number and kind of eked that out over 2 or 3 meals, I slowly craved sweet stuff more and more, and cut back on veg (and I love veg) just so my allocated grams could go on chocolate or other sweet stuff like rasins - that's not healthy in any way, and I was never completely happy with it.

Live and learn, right?!
Old 06-16-2014, 02:27 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara1970 View Post
I'm EXACTLY the same!! Miserable small amounts of things annoy me, there's probably a psychological reason but I find it much easier to coast along on 'empty' (not the same thing as 'must eat now'! lol) so long as I know I'm going to get one decent large meal a day.

I've been steadily losing my craving to eat sweeter stuff with this, despite a few slips along the way, so I think that proved this WOE is working for me.

When I limited carbs to a set number and kind of eked that out over 2 or 3 meals, I slowly craved sweet stuff more and more, and cut back on veg (and I love veg) just so my allocated grams could go on chocolate or other sweet stuff like rasins - that's not healthy in any way, and I was never completely happy with it.

Live and learn, right?!

I loved that part where you say "Miserable small amounts of things annoy me" -- they annoy me too and it could be why I didn't want a slice of pie but the WHOLE pie...that's why WW never worked for me the one and only time I tried it. I have portion control issues and the LC WOE makes us less hungry = less kcals we will eat. It's the "appetite suppressant" effect of being in ketosis that's really remarkable on this WOE!!

Oh and I agree about the "so long as I know I'm going to get one decent large meal a day" and the later in the day I can have that one decent large meal the better off I am. I tried several times to have it at lunch during the weekends... that didn't work so well. So I didn't do that again.

One really good side affect is, I never feel bloated even after I've finished my huge meal. Some days I'll eat upwards of 20-24 oz of protein (not macros, cause I don't calculate those & wouldn't even know where to begin) and I think to myself, Holy Hannah Jo you're gonna gain some weight after that... and TA-DA the scales don't lie and I don't cause I'm eating to plan.

I wonder how many of us there are that are actually only eating only 1x a day. And this is different then IF - cause they have a window where they can eat.

People tell me all the time that "you must eat more than once a day because you're slowing down your metabolism etc etc and you won't lose weight" you've heard the story I'm sure. Then I say to them, yeah but I have the metabolism of a corpse, cause I've tried it YOUR way without success...
Old 06-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

That down't look like a very big meal to me. Not to offend but a can of tuna and a salad for my only meal of the day wouldn't do it for me. I liked the 24 oz of protein though. I have to have dessert with my meal! 1400 calories isn't much.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:06 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

I'm a teacher too. I know what you mean about only having 30 minutes for lunch. By the time I help my first graders with their lunches there isn't time for mine anyway! LOL!
Old 06-16-2014, 05:33 PM   #78
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: stacy1131
Stats: 179/179/165
hi everyone, love hearing your stories. I started one meal a day yesterday. we had pizza for fathers day so I had three slices, salad and a piece of cake. then in the evening I had tea with cream and a string cheese. woke up this morning with lots of energy. today I had my meal at noon with left over pizza three slices and a med. frosty from wendys. was very good. at 7 pm I ate a pieced of cheese but that will be it for today. I was 173.6 this morn. did not weigh yesterday. my husband is doing one day on food and one day of food. will see how that works.
stacy1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:52 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm a teacher too. I know what you mean about only having 30 minutes for lunch. By the time I help my first graders with their lunches there isn't time for mine anyway! LOL!
Okay this is off topic from the original post but:

Oh my you're one of those ANGELS, the ones that teach the little tiny bundles of energy and curiosity! God Bless you and that's heartfelt, I don't know how you guys do it all day long with the same kiddos.

I teach middle school, so if I have that problematic student, I know it's only for 40 mins and anyone can tolerate anything for 40 mins... But in my universe, they only give me the good ones -- I teach upwards of 7 different electives (depends what the students sign up for each year). And they pay me to do all my hobbies, since those are the classes I teach -- its SWEET!
Old 06-17-2014, 04:59 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That down't look like a very big meal to me. Not to offend but a can of tuna and a salad for my only meal of the day wouldn't do it for me. I liked the 24 oz of protein though. I have to have dessert with my meal! 1400 calories isn't much.
LOL I didn't say 1 can of tuna... I try to get at least 1000 kcals a day during that one meal... and that's it. So pork rinds come in handy as dippers and food conveying devices from plate to mouth to help up the kcals.

Last edited by Just Jo; 06-17-2014 at 05:00 AM.. Reason: Silly fingers!! =]
Old 06-17-2014, 03:07 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I try to get at least 1000 kcals a day during that one meal... and that's it. So pork rinds come in handy as dippers and food conveying devices from plate to mouth to help up the kcals.
Have you posted anywhere what amounts and types of veg you eat? I'm newish here and the forum's so HUUUGE I wasn't sure where to look!

Apologies if I'm being dim but I'm trying to learn all the options, I got my Atkins '72 original paperback this morning and I've been reading it in little chunks all day, he's really unrelenting on the carbs in it! I'm enjoying it, I want to get one of the later ones next time I can spare the money just to compare the different approaches out of curiosity.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:49 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Have you posted anywhere what amounts and types of veg you eat? I'm newish here and the forum's so HUUUGE I wasn't sure where to look!

Apologies if I'm being dim but I'm trying to learn all the options, I got my Atkins '72 original paperback this morning and I've been reading it in little chunks all day, he's really unrelenting on the carbs in it! I'm enjoying it, I want to get one of the later ones next time I can spare the money just to compare the different approaches out of curiosity.
Since I am very carb sensitive, in maintenance I can only do <14 actual carbs (not NET carbs) a day, I'm very stingy with my carb allotment and since I like large portions, I have a 6-7 oz green salad every day. I don't do variety, the same things day in day out... I'm Eating to Live not Living to Eat like Ben Franklin said and it's remarkable because I don't crave those crappy killer carbs at all.. actually thinking about them makes me want to gag!
Old 06-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have a 6-7 oz green salad every day. I don't do variety, the same things day in day out...
Thanks! I was wondering what you could fit in on those kinds of stats.

I'm happy with my WOE right now in terms of losing inches, some weight prior to today, and all the psychological stuff, but I must admit Atkins fascinates me and I'm trying to learn as much as possible.

I have more things I wonder about, but have gone over to the Atkins '72 thread with that, I'm really curious about his original concepts!

Last edited by Tara1970; 06-17-2014 at 04:40 PM..
Old 06-18-2014, 12:22 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks! I was wondering what you could fit in on those kinds of stats.

I'm happy with my WOE right now in terms of losing inches, some weight prior to today, and all the psychological stuff, but I must admit Atkins fascinates me and I'm trying to learn as much as possible.

I have more things I wonder about, but have gone over to the Atkins '72 thread with that, I'm really curious about his original concepts!
Below is a thread that explains the Rules of Induction for A '72:

1972 Atkin's plan by the book

I just started a journal of my journey that includes posts with my daily food and exercise log. Like I said I just started it, so there's not much there - yet!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post16940076

Hope this is helpful!
Old 06-18-2014, 01:10 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I just started a journal of my journey that includes posts with my daily food and exercise log. Like I said I just started it, so there's not much there - yet!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post16940076

Hope this is helpful!
Your journal definitely is - 'cupsful' don't mean an awful lot, seeing you write thing in ounces makes more sense!

It's just what system you're used to I guess, I can think in both inches and centimetres, but for recipes etc. it has to be weights ONLY - so cheers!

Oh, and hey, another thing we have in common - you wrote: 'Sounds pretty boring, but I love it -- I know the night before what I am going to eat the next day and that seems to satisfy me and any cravings.' - I am EXACTLY the same! I know what I'm having today and that somehow feeds the head-hunger, in a way that won't happen if I think 'What do I fancy today?'

I'm just finishing the last few bits in the original '72 book now, I got lucky and my copy's good as new apart from being a little yellowed, it's not cracking or too grubby. Astonishing how much wisdom is in there, though I do disagree with his reliance on sweeteners, but that's just me.

And Valium's a 'mild' medication? Bless!

But there's some amazing quotes in there, and a lot of stuff that's affirming my thoughts up to now about carbs. I guess where I come at CAD is hoping my own metabolism isn't quite so damaged, and I can keep a small amount of carbs in there so long as they're strictly time-limited, and maybe 5 days a week. Time will tell!

I got a nice surprise this morning but I'll post it over on the CAD thread - one meal a day version's DEFINITELY suiting me though!
Old 06-24-2014, 07:34 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

HELLO TARA ....EVERYONE, ....

IM DOING GOOD.....very good! I've lost over 25 pounds now....I can't tell exactly today cause I have TOM .......IM HAPPY ABOUT THAT ......TOM....FOUR TIMES IN A ROW......AMAZING......this lifestyle cured my PCOS!my TOM was not just irregular .....it just wouldn't come since gaining 75 pounds. I've been losing weight after TOM ...two weeks after.....then nothing, till next TOM but tons of inches.

Ok, so my mom is visiting....and I'll post a pic ...as soon as I get her permission lol....she looks fabulous...she's done no excercise since being here......she has no DISIRE to eat out like the last time she was here....we had dinner at Fridays yesterday.....I ordered pean chicken salad, and 2 steak meals .mom had sweet potato fries and rice. And I had rice and mashed potato. We shared the peacan chicken salad. She had cheese cake for dessert and I had brownie obsession.

in her bag she had a can of nuts and an apple...lol which she ate....then said " if I had to eat the amount of food served ID DISAPPEAR!!!"....lol
Old 06-24-2014, 09:24 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14days View Post
HELLO TARA ....EVERYONE, ....

IM DOING GOOD.....very good! I've lost over 25 pounds now....I can't tell exactly today cause I have TOM .......IM HAPPY ABOUT THAT ......TOM....FOUR TIMES IN A ROW......AMAZING......this lifestyle cured my PCOS!my TOM was not just irregular .....it just wouldn't come since gaining 75 pounds. I've been losing weight after TOM ...two weeks after.....then nothing, till next TOM but tons of inches.
Awesome!!

Very inspiring, thanks!
Old 06-30-2014, 08:53 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
Hi everyone. I hope you don't mind that join in. This makes me think back to wheni unintentionally ate one meal a day. I was always really thin!

Anyhow, I am going to try one meal a day. I am very verb sensitive as well.. So they will be low. I pretty much follow stillmans plan, but wondering if I should add a little fat to my dinner?
Jo- I get it about the bloated feeling.

Breakfast- I never eat anyhow.
Lunch- salad with protein around 12-2- depends on my schedule. Looks like most days, I won't be able to get home from school/ work until 7. Do you think that is too long to wait?

I am working out in the am for one hour. I guess I could try it and if I feel lightheaded, I will have a grilled chicken tender around 2?

Thoughts?
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:05 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

If you're working out why not include carbs. Can't go wrong with one meal a day
Old 06-30-2014, 11:13 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Peace
Stats: 115
WOE: stillmans
Hi. I def can't do many carbs.. Even with working out. My body just doesn't do well on them- celiac and dairy free. I think I overestimate how much food I really "need"... I have read so much on calorie restriction.. A good thing.

However, if I don't eat enough calorie- I get brain fog in class-- not good! This is my last class for phd and I need to get thru it

How are you doing, 14 days?
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote