Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Other Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/)
-   -   Lean for Life anyone? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/824872-lean-life-anyone.html)

cprcheetah 03-05-2014 09:17 AM

Lean for Life anyone?

Is anyone else on the Lean for Life Program? I am on my 2nd protein day, following the book. I have lost weight successfully on this program about 70# in 2003/2004, and am bound and determined I am going to get this weight off again. Who's with me?

cdnhockeymom 03-08-2014 03:26 PM

I too had great success on LFL around 2000....lost 50#....gained it all plus more since then. I have been telling myself to start over and over again and with my 45th birthday just over a month away...I too am determined to get this weight off! I'm with you! Seriously need to track myself and be accountable. First protein day will be on Monday...prepping and shopping to stock up for no excuses.

Short term goal: April 11 190# (15 pounds in 5 weeks)
Long term goal: 140# by Christmas!

Lil ;)

foxylady 03-10-2014 11:52 AM

I'm not familiar with this plan. Can you possibly post what is involved?

Thanks!

cprcheetah 03-11-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxylady (Post 16831158)
I'm not familiar with this plan. Can you possibly post what is involved?

Thanks!

Here is a thread with the gyst of Lean for Life. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...nut-shell.html It is AMAZING, you eat between 50-100 carbs per day, have 1 protein day a week where you eat nothing but protein. You follow the weight loss plan for 4 weeks, then do a 2 week Metabolic Adjustment where you can eat more, then you can go back on the Weight loss Plan if you need to lose more weight. You can buy a book online or sign up for their online program, I follow the book. You can find the book here The New Lean for Life I lost 70# following this diet back in 2004, in about 6 months or so.

cprcheetah 03-11-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdnhockeymom (Post 16829224)
I too had great success on LFL around 2000....lost 50#....gained it all plus more since then. I have been telling myself to start over and over again and with my 45th birthday just over a month away...I too am determined to get this weight off! I'm with you! Seriously need to track myself and be accountable. First protein day will be on Monday...prepping and shopping to stock up for no excuses.

Short term goal: April 11 190# (15 pounds in 5 weeks)
Long term goal: 140# by Christmas!

Lil ;)

We've got this! I am down 10.2# in my 1st week back on plan! I know a bunch was water weight, but I know I can do this. I am hoping to be 149# by christmas. You can totally meed your goal. NO EXCUSES! I am so excited to be doing Lean For Life again! I lost 70# back in 2004, I know I can do it again.

cdnhockeymom 03-11-2014 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cprcheetah (Post 16832638)
We've got this! I am down 10.2# in my 1st week back on plan! I know a bunch was water weight, but I know I can do this. I am hoping to be 149# by christmas. You can totally meed your goal. NO EXCUSES! I am so excited to be doing Lean For Life again! I lost 70# back in 2004, I know I can do it again.

Wow! That's an amazing first week! :jumpjoy:
Going on third protein day....down 3 pounds so far...and feeling SOOOO light!
I have the book...reading over it especially the part on "sabotage" lol...

NO EXCUSES! I too know I can do this again its possible!:)

cprcheetah 03-14-2014 06:34 AM

Anyone have any ideas? I am on my 2nd week, had my protein day Wednesday and I'm gaining weight instead of losing. My carbs yesterday were about 60. What do I do? It is TOM, but I've been really careful to watch what I eat. Should I just give it a week and see where I'm at after TOM leaves?

JQuintero 04-17-2014 09:39 PM

cricket cricket ;)

Mellokitty 05-14-2014 11:34 AM

I'm on board with a LFL reboot! Anyone else?

Hi there! I've had amazing results from the lfl woe in the past. In 2007 I lost 55lbs in about 4 months! Unfortunately, traumatic events caused me to fall off the wagon. I maintained my weight loss for a surprisingly long time! But in the past year I've slowly put 35lbs back on. Bummer. When I did lfl the first time, ate some things that I wouldn't normally out of desperation to stick with it. Fake sugars and processed foods. This time around I'm doing it right (for me) with organic, low processes meats and veggies and a little sugar if I need it, instead of fake sugar. That stuff jus makes me feel BAD.

I'm on day 3 of protein days, and I feel GREAT! It's actually easier than the first time! I would love to find a few others who are on board with the plan to chat with here! My first foray was alongside one of my best friends, and she had waaaay more commitment/motivation than I did! It was my competitiveness with her and my dissatisfaction with not keeping up with her that kept me going as much as anything else! Lol! Sad but true!! But I moved away! And lost my accountability buddy :(

So, anyone want to join me? My goal is to lose 20# by June 11. Where I'll be seeing my old friend again. Lol! (She's still motivating me! What a great friend!)