Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last10 View Post
That's terrific NAF. Keep that focus going!
Thanks, Last10.

I really am at a lost for words at this point. I did not think that a year ago I would still be doing this. I figured this would be like all of my other attempts of trying to lose weight-- a good motivated start followed by a month tops of effort and then giving up.

If someone said I would lose 57lbs doing this, I would never have believed it! I owe it all to this website and the support it has given me each and everyday! Well, I suppose I'll credit myself with a little bit of the success too.

NAF
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2014, 03:26 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
New you could do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Thanks, Last10.

I really am at a lost for words at this point. I did not think that a year ago I would still be doing this. I figured this would be like all of my other attempts of trying to lose weight-- a good motivated start followed by a month tops of effort and then giving up.

If someone said I would lose 57lbs doing this, I would never have believed it! I owe it all to this website and the support it has given me each and everyday! Well, I suppose I'll credit myself with a little bit of the success too.

NAF
WTG, NAF!! We're glad we could support you, but you're the one who ultimately did it, be proud of those accomplishments, we are for you.

Hi Everyone, sorry been away a bit, don't always get time on the computer these days; but hanging in there. Just wanted to let you all know was still here and working my way back to where I was last year, still trying to get some darn holiday and stress pounds off, changed my eating up a little. Still do some M/E days, but eating some fresh fruits, salads and smoothies these days, body just needed a change. Weight is slower getting off but it is and that's fine by me. Easier to manage with work schedule too. Hope everyone is doing well. Keep up the losing and enjoy life. Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:38 PM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/139.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
Sure thing, Terri! I will definitely keep up with you guys. I realize I am in a precarious position coming straight from a virus so I may end up gaining like 5 lbs anyway tomorrow, but we'll see - haha. (Although I don't plan to weigh again for a while)
I wasn't sure if I could post the title or not, but it's called You Can Have Your Cake and Your Skinny Jeans, Too by Josie Spinardi.
Okay QB I've been checking into Intuitive Eating and it's very compelling. So compelling in fact I started following the concepts as I was reading the books. I downloaded Skinny Jeans, but my Kindle is my IPhone. So I have read some of that, but more of Overfed Head I was able to down load as a PDF and print. Could it really be this simple? And by simple I don't mean easy. But I am definitely feeling it. Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Morning All,

In April, I lost 7.6lbs
So far in 2014, I have lost 18.8lbs!

Here is hoping that by mid-May I am at a new all-time low!
Way to go NAF! Poster child for sticking to it!
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Terri!
Old 05-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/175.5/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post

It actually might have been worth it! I ate yesterday and woke up weighing less today! Now I just need another one next week! Hahahaha! (Please, God, no)

Sure! In its most basic sense, it is listening to your body to determine when you're actually hungry and then stopping when your body tells you it's satisfied. It really works because you can eat exactly what you want.

Ie. I was really craving limon chips yesterday (probably because I lost a ton of salt via the virus), and I also picked up some lemonade and a few other sundries. Nothing was low carb because I didn't want anything low carb. However, I literally only took a few nibbles of everything and then I felt satisfied.

So, I don't think I am going to restrict myself to LC anymore because I think I will automatically end up eating LC anyway since the volume of food I consume will be SOOOO much less that it'll be hard to eat anywhere near the carbs it would take to make me fat.

The same happened when I was a kid. I was literally eating McDonald's and Chinese food very, very often and lost several sizes (I didn't weigh back then, but I went from "the fat girl" to "the it girl" in a matter of months - people asked if my parents had let me have lipo...). I definitely don't plan to partake in anything that is super unhealthy like that so often this time around - I am 15 years older, which I have to consider - but the concept is something that was very easy to sustain for me because I never felt deprived of anything. I looked like all the girls I hated who ate whatever they wanted and still were slim, and no one once asked me if I was on a diet. And food just became good food or food I didn't want and not my life. As well as I've done on LC, I can say that food is no longer my comfort when depressed/stressed/angry, but it is still somewhat of an obsession that I want to abandon.

*whew* That was a lot! I suggest a book I just finished reading that I can lend to you via Barnes & Noble if you have an account! It's a super quick read and will give you a lot of info. Just message me!
Thanks for the info, QB. I say go for it! Sounds like it works for you. The intuitive eating, I mean. Certainly not the flu!
Aruralgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:58 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Morning All,

I hope everyone is doing well. Spring is in full bloom, the weather is being friendly for most, and it's a great time of year to be M&Eing!

April is gone (wow this year is just moving along, isn't it?), so I thought I'd check my progress to date.

In April, I lost 7.6lbs
So far in 2014, I have lost 18.8lbs!

Here is hoping that by mid-May I am at a new all-time low!
Congrats, NAF! Sounds like you're in the zone. Keep it up!
Old 05-06-2014, 04:58 AM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF,EFGT
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 9/2014
Congrats on everyones losses...

NAF - this is go great!! you inspire us all!!

I was away from home for 5 days and was happy to come
back to face the scale and find I lost 2.7....
I just have to keep it up!!!

Have a great day everyone & hope we all see losses!
jblanken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:24 PM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblanken View Post
. . . I was away from home for 5 days and was happy to come
back to face the scale and find I lost 2.7....
I just have to keep it up!!!
Way to go, jblanken! Those are the best scale victories! When you are away from home and the norm and can still stick to plan and lose!
Old 05-09-2014, 08:16 PM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Hey All

Congrats to all on their losses, big or small! Just checking in to say hi and missed everyone. Happy Mother's Day to all mom's and dad's Enjoy your weekend. I'll be doing an M/E fast, mostly eggs for a week starting Monday. Kids are taking me out for the weekend, so gonna let them, then this gal is back on it to stay. Lub the family here and here. Take care and happy losses. Mae
Old 05-10-2014, 01:47 AM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Congrats to all on their losses, big or small! Just checking in to say hi and missed everyone. Happy Mother's Day to all mom's and dad's Enjoy your weekend. I'll be doing an M/E fast, mostly eggs for a week starting Monday. Kids are taking me out for the weekend, so gonna let them, then this gal is back on it to stay. Lub the family here and here. Take care and happy losses. Mae
Greetings Mae. Hope all is well your way.
I may have to tag along with you on that M/E fast... I've been going to too many events/celebrations that aren't too low-carb friendly recently. Time to do some damage control. But, with that said despite all the eating I was still able to lose 1.0lb this week! So, here's to "living a little" and still being able to lose!

NAF
Old 05-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/146/142
WOE: Primal, Intermittant M&E
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
I have to get closer to meat and eggs. I've added in a few too many veggies and an ounce of nuts daily doesn't serve me well. I will remember to check in here more frequently.
Last10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamalaw
Stats: 291/260/140 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 1,2012
Hi all, Quick question. When your doing M&E what do you cook? I'm cooking for 4-6 people a night and I dont want to cook 2 different meals. Any crockpot ideas? Lisa
mamalaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:29 AM   #253
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fayes3
Stats: 227/208/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2014
Hi to Everyone,

Have not checked in for a while as I have been sick! But Feeling better now! Did manage to lose 1LB.. Getting back into the swing!
For a crock pot quickie, I put a Beef Roast along with seasonings and a can of coke and let it cook all day!
Fayes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:44 PM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have to get closer to meat and eggs. I've added in a few too many veggies and an ounce of nuts daily doesn't serve me well. I will remember to check in here more frequently.

I'm "lucky" in the fact that I don't crave vegetables a lot, but when I do crave a some veggies I go to spear pickles. 2-3 a day for 2 days usually gets my veggie craving under control for the week, but I do not crave vegetables often at all.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:50 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalaw View Post
Hi all, Quick question. When your doing M&E what do you cook? I'm cooking for 4-6 people a night and I dont want to cook 2 different meals. Any crockpot ideas? Lisa
There are lots of crockpot ideas to be found on this site, including this thread here full of induction friendly recipes.

You can't go wrong with a recipe that has 1) some type of meat and 2) your favorite salsa. I'm also a big fan of buffalo chicken dip; it's not just for Superbowl parties anymore!

NAF

Last edited by NewestAtkinsFan; 05-14-2014 at 05:51 PM..
Old 05-14-2014, 09:40 PM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Know what you mean, Last10. I need to get back on track. Too many nuts lately. I always do better when I stick closer to M&E.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:45 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Naf. Catching up with posts. Sounds like you're doing great with weight loss and everything.

Hi to Fayes3--hope you are feeling better. And hi Lisa.

Where are all of the regulars? Hope everybody is doing well!

Amy
Old 05-16-2014, 08:12 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

You can tag along anytime, Naf

Quote:
Greetings Mae. Hope all is well your way.
I may have to tag along with you on that M/E fast... I've been going to too many events/celebrations that aren't too low-carb friendly recently. Time to do some damage control. But, with that said despite all the eating I was still able to lose 1.0lb this week! So, here's to "living a little" and still being able to lose!

NAF
Anytime dear, lol. Glad you were down a lb. WTG. all helps. Mine has been slow lately too, but that's fine. Any is better than none. Lost a couple of lbs myself, gained a couple back, but cause I ate some carby fruit. Been so dehydrated lately even with drinking water that the fruit put my body fluids back where they needed to be. So as long as I keep most of it off, good with that. Doing a smoothie fast this weekend, body needing it, so that will help and hydration, low carb melons/homemade juice, and smoothies for the next few days, then back again on M/E. Every few days having some spinach or greens, like salads, this helps with keeping a variety and keeps me from splurgin into junk food I don't really want. Found this had kept me satisfied and I'm able to keep off more than I gain. SO wish me luck. Still LCing, just with a variety. Missed you all. Here if anyone needs a sounding board, will be getting online more, at least a couple of times a week; work's and needed things to do have been keeping me busy. Hugs all.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:14 PM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Naf. Catching up with posts. Sounds like you're doing great with weight loss and everything.

Amy
Hey Amy! Good to hear from you and everyone again. Fayes, get better, hi to anyone I forgot. Maybe we should all set up a time to chat here, or post as the case may be. Hope you all are doing well. Take care and best to everyone. Have a great weekend. Mae
Old 05-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey Mamalaw, just had to answer this one. For low carb and to handle others meal too, stew meat! or Chili in a crock pot, both can be made low carb. And leftovers can be lunches or meals for you. If others are not LCing, then make a roast in the CP and make potatoes, baked or otherwise on the side for them. If they like salad, make that on the side and roasted chicken in the CP. Lots of ideas on the net and here in the recipe sections. Good luck.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:32 AM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Amy

Hey Amy! Thanks for the kudos and congratulations. I'll be honest though.. I've been fluctuating the same 6-8lbs for two weeks, but I try to look at the positive and am grateful I'm staying within the same "decade" of my weight and pray that it doesn't get any higher.

Several regulars have moved on to other WOE and are trying new things out to see if it is for them/help them lose a bit more weight, but they are still lurking and keeping up with all the posts, I assure you.

The "traffic" in this thread will pick up I'm sure once Grilling-Season starts.

NAF
Old 05-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #262
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fayes3
Stats: 227/208/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2014
Hi to all,

I am happy to report, I lose another 3 lbs The weight loss has been slow, but steady... I sit at a computer all day, so I am not active as I should be. However, I cleared off my tread mill today and will try to get in a routine am to start to use it When the weather warms up, plan on going to the pool and actively swim for exercise! Plan to keep in touch!
Fayes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:57 AM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayes3 View Post
Hi to all,

I am happy to report, I lose another 3 lbs The weight loss has been slow, but steady... I sit at a computer all day, so I am not active as I should be. However, I cleared off my tread mill today and will try to get in a routine am to start to use it When the weather warms up, plan on going to the pool and actively swim for exercise! Plan to keep in touch!

Way to go, Fayes3! Keep up the goood work!
Old 05-19-2014, 12:49 PM   #264
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: nurseypoo5
Stats: 262/233/165
WOE: Low carb, Atkins, more H2O
Start Date: Restart 7/3/14
Is there a place to get ideas? I'm not starting now as admittedly I have to vacations coming up in the next month then nothing..so nothing time sounds good. Years ago I lost a ton of wt fast, this was 9 years ago, and stayed at an ok wt until a couple yrs ago...menopause and pcos are really making me more cantaloupe shaped instead of apple! Anyway..I can't remember what exactly I did lol. I remember doing lean meats in 2-3 oz portions or an egg or 2. No added fats at all, seasonings only. I just ate at stove and moved on setting up a food for sustenance situation rather then living to eat mentality. I found I had trouble forcing myself to eat from the total lack of appetite. I did the for one week, still did diet sodas, tea, liquid Splenda. The next week I did basically did modified 72 diet, in that I allowed 2 tbsp hwc, 1-2 oz cheese, but limited my fats except really healthy ones, olives, advocado, maybe small amount butter on occ, usually for eggs, and little mayo. I gave myself a serving of veggies or salad, easy dressing or steamed them...mostly still protein, mostly still fairly lean, portion control, no matter what I kept grazing. Forcing myself to eat a few ounces every 3-4 hours max. Then I'd do 2-3 days of egg and lean meats no fat again. Once a week we'd go out to eat and I'd have a yummy meal, salad, blue cheese, steak, that was my big thrill lol. I went from 230 to 170 in 4 months give or take a bit. Well I'm sure I know weigh 260!!! When I've tried Atkins the new way with all the carbquick crap etc I never lose..and quit. I have to be strict and get into foods unimportant mode mind wise. Is this similar to what y'all do?? Lol where do I belong??

Dear Lord, if you cant make me skinny, please make all my friends fat. Amen.

Last edited by nurseypoo5; 05-19-2014 at 12:54 PM..
nurseypoo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #265
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: nurseypoo5
Stats: 262/233/165
WOE: Low carb, Atkins, more H2O
Start Date: Restart 7/3/14
Don't pay attention to stats...they are wrong lol
nurseypoo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:04 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamalaw
Stats: 291/260/140 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 1,2012
I know this is dumb but just so I know is this the basics of M & E...
beef, chicken, pork and eggs only...nothing else?
I want to make sure I have this right...I have to get a grip on this weight. Any help would be great. Lisa
mamalaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo5 View Post
Is there a place to get ideas? I'm not starting now as admittedly I have to vacations coming up in the next month then nothing..so nothing time sounds good. Years ago I lost a ton of wt fast, this was 9 years ago, and stayed at an ok wt until a couple yrs ago...menopause and pcos are really making me more cantaloupe shaped instead of apple! Anyway..I can't remember what exactly I did lol. I remember doing lean meats in 2-3 oz portions or an egg or 2. No added fats at all, seasonings only. I just ate at stove and moved on setting up a food for sustenance situation rather then living to eat mentality. I found I had trouble forcing myself to eat from the total lack of appetite. I did the for one week, still did diet sodas, tea, liquid Splenda. The next week I did basically did modified 72 diet, in that I allowed 2 tbsp hwc, 1-2 oz cheese, but limited my fats except really healthy ones, olives, advocado, maybe small amount butter on occ, usually for eggs, and little mayo. I gave myself a serving of veggies or salad, easy dressing or steamed them...mostly still protein, mostly still fairly lean, portion control, no matter what I kept grazing. Forcing myself to eat a few ounces every 3-4 hours max. Then I'd do 2-3 days of egg and lean meats no fat again. Once a week we'd go out to eat and I'd have a yummy meal, salad, blue cheese, steak, that was my big thrill lol. I went from 230 to 170 in 4 months give or take a bit. Well I'm sure I know weigh 260!!! When I've tried Atkins the new way with all the carbquick crap etc I never lose..and quit. I have to be strict and get into foods unimportant mode mind wise. Is this similar to what y'all do?? Lol where do I belong??
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo5 View Post
Don't pay attention to stats...they are wrong lol

Welcome, nurse!

To me it sounds like you were doing Atkins '72... but I could be wrong. But in a nutshell, Meat and Eggs (also known as Steak and Eggs) is somewhat similar. The basic rule of thumb is try to eat very clean-- meaning no processed meats, etc. It is probably best to stay away from those Atkins meals with the carbquick as well as any bars, snacks, and desserts; they do tend to do more harm than good. Please note that we tend not to limit our fat intake that much on M&E. We tend to consume it and not give it a 2nd thought because it keeps us full, stops protein poisoning, and helps with maintaining regular restroom habits if you get my drift. As empty as this may sound the only way to know if this is where you belong is to try it! Some of us (myself included) have tried and stayed because it "fits" so well. Others have tried and although they did lose weight/found this WOE doable, have ventured off to do other LC plans like JUDDD, PALEO, Stillman's etc. to see what they have to offer.

Wishing you much success,

NAF
Old 05-24-2014, 04:18 PM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I know this is dumb but just so I know is this the basics of M & E...
beef, chicken, pork and eggs only...nothing else?
I want to make sure I have this right...I have to get a grip on this weight. Any help would be great. Lisa

Hello mamalaw!

Most of us who do Meat and Eggs typically try to stick to Atkins guidelines, but we just make sure that at every meal some sort of meat is eaten or eggs.

A while back a M&E member posted the following (I'm sorry I can't remember who), but I found it informative and I posted it in my journal and now I'm going to copy it here for you, or anyone else who might be reading this thread.

Wishing you much success! NAF

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

From Dr. Atkins' Diet Revolution, Fourth Printing, December 1972, pages 136-140:

Meat: Steaks, corned beef, lamb chops, tongue, hamburgers, bacon, any kind of meat in any quantity--except meat with fillers such as sausage, hot dogs, meatballs, most packaged "cold cuts". (Italics his.)

Fowl: Duckling, turkey, chicken, anything with wings, no stuffing.

Desserts: Gelatin with artificial sweeteners (e.g., D-Zerta).

Condiments: Salt, pepper, mustard, horseradish, vinegar, vanilla and other extracts; artificial sweeteners; any dry powdered spice that contains no sugar.

Drinks: Water, mineral water, Vichy, club soda, beef or chicken broth, bouillon, sugar-free diet soda; coffee*, tea, decaffeinated coffee.

*Special note on caffeine and Diet Cola. Because most heavy people have some hypoglycemia, coffee, which contains caffeine, should be limited to six servings a day (cups). If you know you have low blood sugar, better limit it to three. As of the date of publication, Diet Rite Cola and Diet Pepsi contain not only caffeine, but a significant amount of carbohydrate, so, fair warning, read the labels even on diet drinks carefully and control your intake accordingly. (Italics his.)

Fish: All fish, including canned salmon, tuna; any kind of seafood, including oil-packed and smoked, except oysters, clams, mussels, scallops, and pickled fish. (Italics his.)

Eggs: Boiled, fried, scrambled, poached, omelet--any style and with no limitations,

Salads: Two small green salads a day (each less than one cupful, loosely packed) made only of leafy greens, celery, or cucumbers and radishes. Dressings with vinegar, oil, salt, dry spices, herbs, grated cheese, or anchovies. Or else a sour pickle in place of a salad. Plus . . . green olives.

(Butter and Mayonnaise) Fats: Butter, margarine, oils, shortening, lard, mayonnaise. (Fats have no carbohydrates.)

Juice: Juice of one lemon or lime.

Cheese: Four ounces a day of any hard, aged cheese. No cream cheese or cheese spreads.

Heavy Cream: Four teaspoons a day. (Cream has less carbohydrate than milk, so don't use milk.)

The Diet Revolution Vegetables: Asparagus, avocado, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, beet greens, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, chard, Chinese cabbage, eggplant, kale, kohlrabi, mushrooms, okra, onions, peppers, pumpkin, rhubarb, sauerkraut, snow pea pods, spinach, string beans, summer squash, tomatoes, turnips, water chestnuts, wax beans, zucchini squash.

The Diet Revolution Salad Material: Celery, chicory, Chinese cabbage, chives, cucumber, endive, escarole, fennel, lettuce, olives (green or black), onions, pickles (sour or dill), parsley, peppers, radishes, scallions, watercress.

The Diet Revolution No-No's. (This is not a complete list, by any means.) For you they're poison--don't forget it. Bananas, beans (except green or wax), bread, cake, candy, cashews, cereal, chewing gum, cookies, corn, cornstarch, crackers, dates, figs, flour, dried fruit, honey, ice cream, jam, catsup, macaroni, milk, pancakes, peas, sweet pickles, potatoes (white and sweet), raisins, sweet relish, rice, spaghetti, sugar, syrup, yams, sweetened yogurt.

NO "MISTAKES." Sometimes, a single stick of chewing gum or putting milk in your coffee could put you right back to Level One--by upsetting the new chemical balance in your body. Yes, even that much carbohydrate over your tolerance level can turn off your fat-mobilizing hormone. Then you'll need at least two no-carbohydrate days to get it circulating again so that you're unhungry, feeling high, and burning off fat again.

Last edited by NewestAtkinsFan; 05-24-2014 at 04:19 PM..
Old 05-25-2014, 02:27 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Hey Naf, glad you're keeping things going in the M&E family. Just checking in to say hi, but also know I need to get back to serious M&Eing myself. I've got a bag of Trader Joe's flax and soy tortilla chips in my cabinet and have discovered that, although somewhat low carb, this is not a safe thing to have around. I practically hear those chips calling my name! Kind of like having a jar of Peter Pan peanut butter in my cabinet. For me, not such a good idea!

So, back to what is safe--deviled eggs, eggs with bacon, cream cheese pie, and meat in various forms. Hoping to get back in serious mode on Tuesday.

How are you doing?

Amy

P.S. Hiya, Mae! And a big hello to our newbies and lurkers.
Old 05-25-2014, 03:17 PM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey Naf, glad you're keeping things going in the M&E family. Just checking in to say hi, but also know I need to get back to serious M&Eing myself. I've got a bag of Trader Joe's flax and soy tortilla chips in my cabinet and have discovered that, although somewhat low carb, this is not a safe thing to have around. I practically hear those chips calling my name! Kind of like having a jar of Peter Pan peanut butter in my cabinet. For me, not such a good idea!

So, back to what is safe--deviled eggs, eggs with bacon, cream cheese pie, and meat in various forms. Hoping to get back in serious mode on Tuesday.

How are you doing?

Amy

P.S. Hiya, Mae! And a big hello to our newbies and lurkers.
--------------
Heya Amy! and NAF! Hi and welcome to everyone. Naf said it right Nurse. Mostly eggs and meat easy on condiments/spices, stay moderate to high in fat, find what works for you without over doing it. Read some of the older ones from earlier this year or search the forum here, and you'll find out what it is all about. Like others say, your mileage may vary. So will your tastes. Keep it simple and you won't go wrong.

Naf, glad to hear you're doing well, we lub ya, little bro. hehe. Same with you Amy (Aruralgal), yeah stay away from the chips even if they are low carb. . Hey Terri and our regulars, hope some of you got over being sick and back to enjoying life and L/C. Welcome new friends. We're here for ya. Good luck all.

Hope every one is having a good holiday weekend. Doing a few extra carbs this weekend, not bad ones, just like some fruit and greek yogurt and then back to M/E on Tuesday for the rest of the week. Find this helps me lose better. Lost 9 lbs last week doing three days of smoothies, low carb of course, then rest of the time M/E with up days down days thrown in. I'm finally losing that holiday weight gain and exercising more again, and not gonna gain it back again. Darn it.