Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
. . .Anywho I am back and I am trying to eat M&E again.
Welcome back, Mar! Wishing you much success both with the WOE and school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last10 View Post
NAF, congrats on that stellar week! Wow on that pizza recipe. Looks incredibly tasty.
I hope you enjoy the pizza. It is by far my favorite one that I have tried while being on this low carb woe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayes3 View Post
Just finished jotting down the Pizza & cheesy meat loaf recipes... Can't wait to try them!
I hope you enjoy the pizza, Fayes3.
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
Well, I've managed to gain 10 lbs in the last 2 months, and I am honestly not all that surprised.
Ah well. Today is a new day! I hope I can lose about 3 pounds per week from this point on, and be to goal in time for summer.
I will definitely be back to daily weighing and updating!

You got this QB. Wishing you much success in the weeks to come.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:13 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamalaw
Stats: 291/260/140 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 1,2012
I don't know where else to ask so I'll ask here... I've heard about bulletproof coffee and I know what it is BUT..... Is it worth it/? How does it help?
mamalaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalaw View Post
I don't know where else to ask so I'll ask here... I've heard about bulletproof coffee and I know what it is BUT..... Is it worth it/? How does it help?
Personally, yes, I do think it is worth it. I can't imagine drinking my coffee any other way now. It keeps me full, it helps me stay on plan, it does not negatively affect the scale (I never gain weight no matter how many cups I have), and to be honest, it tastes delicious to me. It's not as "heavy" or "sugary" as when I used to have coffee with "tons" of coffee creamer and several teaspoons of sugar. Now, with that said, there are different 'recipes' for BPC out there. I stick to butter and HWC in mine. As with most things, YMMV.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:59 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF,EFGT
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 9/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Personally, yes, I do think it is worth it. I can't imagine drinking my coffee any other way now. It keeps me full, it helps me stay on plan, it does not negatively affect the scale (I never gain weight no matter how many cups I have), and to be honest, it tastes delicious to me. It's not as "heavy" or "sugary" as when I used to have coffee with "tons" of coffee creamer and several teaspoons of sugar. Now, with that said, there are different 'recipes' for BPC out there. I stick to butter and HWC in mine. As with most things, YMMV.
Hi NAF - BPC sounds great. I just cut out the creamer with (HFCS - high fructose corn syrup) in my regular coffee and switched to HWC. Do you buy your coffee online? Thanks!

Oh and BTW, with your inspiration on exercise I started back on the bike on day 1 then walking day 2. I believe it is really helping me to see first a 2lbs drop on Saturday and today a .8 drop. Also I need to remember to drink lots of water too!!! Thanks again!

Last edited by jblanken; 04-23-2014 at 06:01 AM..
jblanken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:40 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10 | s8/10 | s4
WOE: M&E + Wine!
Start Date: October 1, 2014
Hahaha! Thanks, Terri!
Although, those aren't even my sentiments. I was eating like a beast. I'm surprised I didn't gain it ALL back!

Today's weigh-in: 146
Down 1.8 lbs
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:13 PM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblanken View Post
Hi NAF - BPC sounds great. I just cut out the creamer with (HFCS - high fructose corn syrup) in my regular coffee and switched to HWC. Do you buy your coffee online? Thanks! . . .
No, I just use my traditional brand of coffee and combine it with butter and hwc and a little bit of sweetener. Like I said, there are many different "recipes" for BPC and that's just mine.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:31 PM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/175.5/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Hi M&E fam. Sorry to have been gone for so long. Work commitments. . .

Naf, I'm eager to try the pizza recipe. QB, glad you're back. Terri, sounds like a good eating plan. Lil, thanks for the sausage recipe, sounds good.

It's finally spring here on the farm, and it will be fun to get back in the garden. Of course, these days it's very normal for me to have meals without veggies. I remember a while back someone on this forum saying how good it was not to feel guilty about skipping the veggies. Ditto. So now they are more like a treat. Odd, vegetables as a treat!

Have a great day, fam!
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:04 PM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/139.3/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post

It's finally spring here on the farm, and it will be fun to get back in the garden. Of course, these days it's very normal for me to have meals without veggies. I remember a while back someone on this forum saying how good it was not to feel guilty about skipping the veggies. Ditto. So now they are more like a treat. Odd, vegetables as a treat!

Have a great day, fam!
I know, funny how our perspectives change.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:11 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Hey, Rural!

Note to self: even SF margaritas in excess cause weight gain. At least they were cheap...
Today's weigh-in: 146.6
Up 0.6
Old 04-24-2014, 06:34 AM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey, Rural!

Note to self: even SF margaritas in excess cause weight gain. At least they were cheap...
Up 0.6
My favorite and almost always a 4# gain. I'm thinking you got off lucky
Old 04-24-2014, 02:13 PM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hey, Rural!

Up 0.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post

A drink sounds so good right now! LOL How often do you all have alcohol while on LC? I wrote about how I had wine a couple of weeks ago and it didn't seem to affect the scale too terribly... just want to know how you all incorporate drinks into your week/menu.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:34 PM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I do okay with wine or vodka/lime water if I don't do it two or three days in a row.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:50 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
Quote:
Welcome back Mar. Sorry about the wrist!!
Thanks! we had 3 water main breaks on my street (thats the trade off when choosing to live in an old neighbourhood) so it was like an ice rink and I slip and fell so it wasn't even a good story!

Quote:
Welcome back, Mar! Wishing you much success both with the WOE and school.
Thanks! I have passed all my classes so now I just have to get back to my pre stress weight... I didn't even know it was possible to gain 40 lbs in ~4 months

Quote:
No, I just use my traditional brand of coffee and combine it with butter and hwc and a little bit of sweetener. Like I said, there are many different "recipes" for BPC and that's just mine.
I use an egg instead of butter or sometimes with the butter is it still considered a bullet proof coffee

Quote:
A drink sounds so good right now! LOL How often do you all have alcohol while on LC? I wrote about how I had wine a couple of weeks ago and it didn't seem to affect the scale too terribly... just want to know how you all incorporate drinks into your week/menu.
Last time I did LC (2 years or so ago and I lost 30-35lbs I don't really remember) I would drink sometimes and it wouldn't affect my weight for a couple days and then I would stall or gain a little... so then I just avoided drinking because it was so discouraging. I don't think a couple glasses of wine would have affected me but a few shots of hard liquor sure did!

In hindsight I was drinking rum and I wonder how much sugar was in it?
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:54 PM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011 Restart June 2014
I started Monday and I am down 3.2 lbs! I am still having salad and salad always makes me lose slow so I am very happy with that 3.2 lbs.

I am using the app happy scale to weigh daily I like it. It gives you mini milestones to reach that you set yourself, I chose 5 lb increments. It also shows you a graph with an overall line so that you see it going down consistently instead of the fluctuations so its more positive. I am visual so I find it pretty motivating so I thought I would share.
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:29 AM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I started Monday and I am down 3.2 lbs! I am still having salad and salad always makes me lose slow so I am very happy with that 3.2 lbs.

I am using the app happy scale to weigh daily I like it. It gives you mini milestones to reach that you set yourself, I chose 5 lb increments. It also shows you a graph with an overall line so that you see it going down consistently instead of the fluctuations so its more positive. I am visual so I find it pretty motivating so I thought I would share.

Congrats on the weight-loss you've seen so far this week! 3.2 down since Monday is awesome! Some people don't see that in an entire week! The app sounds pretty neat; thanks for sharing the info. I'm sure some of us will be checking it out.

And for the BPC question... I think the egg still makes it BPC. I think the whole idea behind the premise is that it keeps you full without "loading up" on countless carbs and sugars as you do with traditional sweetners and creamers. The original creator of BPC would probably disagree (mainly b/c he/she wants you to buy their product and continue to make him/her rich; LOL), but there are many personalized recipes for it. I say if it works for you, and you like calling it Mar's Bullet Proof Coffee, then that's what it is! I'm going to go make some NAF BPC right now and start this morning right!

Last edited by NewestAtkinsFan; 04-25-2014 at 03:34 AM..
Old 04-25-2014, 05:30 AM   #227
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fayes3
Stats: 227/208/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2014
What is the recipe for Bullet Proof Coffee? I would like to try it.... I need that boast when I get to work! Thanks
Fayes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:29 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Morning M&E family and friends! Hope everyone had a good work-week/school-week.

I'm feeling pretty good this morning b/c I got in a cardio workout finally. Hadn't gotten one in since last Saturday, so was psyched to actually get up early enough to get one in (Come on extra calorie-burn, come on!) I'm sitting here typing this while having my BPC and bacon platter for bfast.

Speaking of calories, had my weigh-in; I gained 0.8lbs this week. Granted with Easter being last weekend, and seeing that I indulged in countless carbs, this is not bad at all. Granted, I would prefer to have seen a loss, but it could always be worse. I'm grateful for only the 0.8 difference and not the flip-flop of 8.0! LOL I'll gladly take the 0.8 gain.

Cheers all.

NAF
Old 04-26-2014, 06:51 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I usually don't gain at all when I drink if it's hard liquor and diet soda like rum and coke or gin and Sprite Zero (my fave). I drank an entire pitcher, though!!!! But at least I know I can probably get away with one or two and still be okay for the most past!

Quote:
I drink 3 oz of wine on a daily basis (not the day I had the margaritas, though!). Has never affected me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayes3 View Post
What is the recipe for Bullet Proof Coffee? I would like to try it.... I need that boast when I get to work! Thanks
I do 8 oz coffee, 1 tb coconut oil, 1 tb butter, 1 packet of stevia.

Update: I was really frustrated because I wanted to do a bit of a cleanse before restarting but could not, for whatever reason, stick to one. And now I have a stomach virus, so problem solved? Lol. It sucks pretty bad - maybe I'll drop 10 lbs and it'll be worth it all
Goal of size 4 by December 31

Comfortably = no muffin tops or sucking in my gut!
Old 04-26-2014, 09:40 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
. . .
Update: I was really frustrated because I wanted to do a bit of a cleanse before restarting but could not, for whatever reason, stick to one. And now I have a stomach virus, so problem solved? Lol. It sucks pretty bad - maybe I'll drop 10 lbs and it'll be worth it all
Sorry to hear about the stomach virus. Hope you get better soon.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:58 AM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry QB, hope you feel better! Not the prefered way to lose.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:51 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

NAF and Terri: It definitely was pretty terrible, but I am pretty sure it's on its last leg today.

I weighed today just for giggles and saw that I've lost 7 lbs since Thursday and am at 139.6. I'm sure some of it will come back on, but I hope I can keep some of it off!

Also, I've made a decision to move in the direction of intuitive eating. It was the first "diet" I ever did at age 11, and I lost a bunch of weight without really trying and easily kept it off until high school, when my depression really took over my life and I became an all-out emotional eater. Since LC really helped me break my emotional eating pattern, I think I want to go back. I also think that now is a good time to try again since my body is literally pretty much empty, and I won't have much trouble distinguishing when I am hungry and when I am not.
I will still probably eat fairly low carb, and I will check in with you guys often to see how you're doing!

Love you guys!
Old 04-27-2014, 08:30 AM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Makes the stomach flu almost worth it
Old 04-27-2014, 06:39 PM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/175.5/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
NAF and Terri: It definitely was pretty terrible, but I am pretty sure it's on its last leg today.

I weighed today just for giggles and saw that I've lost 7 lbs since Thursday and am at 139.6. I'm sure some of it will come back on, but I hope I can keep some of it off!

Also, I've made a decision to move in the direction of intuitive eating. It was the first "diet" I ever did at age 11, and I lost a bunch of weight without really trying and easily kept it off until high school, when my depression really took over my life and I became an all-out emotional eater. Since LC really helped me break my emotional eating pattern, I think I want to go back. I also think that now is a good time to try again since my body is literally pretty much empty, and I won't have much trouble distinguishing when I am hungry and when I am not.
I will still probably eat fairly low carb, and I will check in with you guys often to see how you're doing!

Love you guys!
Hope you are feeling better, QB! Could you explain what intuitive eating is? I've heard the term used before, but never explored what it means.
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:17 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Makes the stomach flu almost worth it

It actually might have been worth it! I ate yesterday and woke up weighing less today! Now I just need another one next week! Hahahaha! (Please, God, no)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Hope you are feeling better, QB! Could you explain what intuitive eating is? I've heard the term used before, but never explored what it means.
Sure! In its most basic sense, it is listening to your body to determine when you're actually hungry and then stopping when your body tells you it's satisfied. It really works because you can eat exactly what you want.

Ie. I was really craving limon chips yesterday (probably because I lost a ton of salt via the virus), and I also picked up some lemonade and a few other sundries. Nothing was low carb because I didn't want anything low carb. However, I literally only took a few nibbles of everything and then I felt satisfied.

So, I don't think I am going to restrict myself to LC anymore because I think I will automatically end up eating LC anyway since the volume of food I consume will be SOOOO much less that it'll be hard to eat anywhere near the carbs it would take to make me fat.

The same happened when I was a kid. I was literally eating McDonald's and Chinese food very, very often and lost several sizes (I didn't weigh back then, but I went from "the fat girl" to "the it girl" in a matter of months - people asked if my parents had let me have lipo...). I definitely don't plan to partake in anything that is super unhealthy like that so often this time around - I am 15 years older, which I have to consider - but the concept is something that was very easy to sustain for me because I never felt deprived of anything. I looked like all the girls I hated who ate whatever they wanted and still were slim, and no one once asked me if I was on a diet. And food just became good food or food I didn't want and not my life. As well as I've done on LC, I can say that food is no longer my comfort when depressed/stressed/angry, but it is still somewhat of an obsession that I want to abandon.

*whew* That was a lot! I suggest a book I just finished reading that I can lend to you via Barnes & Noble if you have an account! It's a super quick read and will give you a lot of info. Just message me!
Old 04-28-2014, 06:31 AM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was wondering the same thing QB thanks for the explanation. Please keep us posted on how it works for you this time around. I would be interested in checking out the book. What's the title?

Glad you're feeling better!
Old 04-28-2014, 06:57 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Sure thing, Terri! I will definitely keep up with you guys. I realize I am in a precarious position coming straight from a virus so I may end up gaining like 5 lbs anyway tomorrow, but we'll see - haha. (Although I don't plan to weigh again for a while)
I wasn't sure if I could post the title or not, but it's called You Can Have Your Cake and Your Skinny Jeans, Too by Josie Spinardi.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:06 AM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks QB, I'll check it out. It's my understanding we can post names of books and products, just not the websites of where to buy them.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:19 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Morning All,

I hope everyone is doing well. Spring is in full bloom, the weather is being friendly for most, and it's a great time of year to be M&Eing!

April is gone (wow this year is just moving along, isn't it?), so I thought I'd check my progress to date.

In April, I lost 7.6lbs
So far in 2014, I have lost 18.8lbs!

Here is hoping that by mid-May I am at a new all-time low!

Last edited by NewestAtkinsFan; 05-03-2014 at 06:22 AM..
Old 05-03-2014, 06:16 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/146/142
WOE: Primal, Intermittant M&E
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
That's terrific NAF. Keep that focus going!
Last10 is offline   Reply With Quote