Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 09:59 AM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Good morning M&E Family,

I realized yesterday, at this point anyway, I do not possess “the everything in moderation” gene and will need to have some sort of plan to stick with. I know what works to lose rather quickly. Unfortunately as a short term plan, I have been gaining back just as quickly because once I stop, I really stop.

Thanks for sharing all your successes and advice. I have mushed them altogether and this is my plan. I have come to the conclusion that I need a long term plan I can stick with if I want to get anywhere. And the only way I can do that is to find one I can live with. I have picked Protein Power. The carbs are higher 30-45; the food choices are not really restricted as long as you stay under your carb limit. I.e. they say if you want five Skittles have five Skittles, but you could have five cups of broccoli instead. Plus you can have a glass of wine or two and still be on plan. At this point I can totally live with that. It may take me more time then I’d like, but the quick fixes of the last year haven’t gotten me anywhere. After I get into the scheme of things I can still incorporate my intermittent M&E or FF days for a little extra kick or to break a stall, but I need a long term path to goal. I also figure if I couple that with my daily “something” exercise plan, how can I lose? I’m going to continue with my Primal slant on things (no I won’t be going for the skittles) once you learn something you can’t unlearn it.

Clicking my heals together three times and staring today.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2014, 02:36 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Erica L. Butler
Stats: 193/173/197 goal -95-100
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Hey there, Erica! Hope all is well. Looking forward to hearing your updates on your progress and any new menus/meals you've been creating.
Hey there, NAF.

I made chicken salad last night that was to DIE for; I've never been so happy to have a food processor.

Ingredients were, plain rotisserie chicken leftovers (mostly breast) raw baby spinach, mushrooms, old bay seasoning and Mayo. I think it's be awesome to include a bit of raw onion (red, maybe) and green bell pepper. Added Mayo and a little EZ-Sweetz to taste. Served on top of large, flat-ish pork rinds.

(cue Bill and Ted impression)

EXCELLENT!!!

How have you been, good sir? :-)
Erica L. Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:37 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
I think I am completely done with nuts. I had some on Saturday because it was workout day and I wanted to up my carbs a tiny bit, but I have a feeling they're stalling me. Without having a scale, I have no way of knowing, but it just seems like I've gotten "fluffier."
I think I am just going to not eat anything besides meat, eggs, and cheese for a while even on workout days.
I can't do nuts, either. I will Eat. Them. All.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:38 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
I do

Keto wasnt a big success.for me BUT it helped me do the 180 on "fats baaaaaaaaad"
I've been seriously considering going that route, too.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:20 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Sorry kinda late checking back in. Odd hours at work this week. I'm glad everyone's doing better and hanging in there. Missed you all. I'm back on M/E next week, this week low carb but eating some fruits, just needed some, a change and it's been helping. Only lost a lb but hey I'll take it. Kudos to you all and staying true to what works. Now to get off the holiday gains and back to stay on plan that works. I admire you all and thanks for being part of my family here. Hugs. Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:45 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/142/142
WOE: Primal, Intermittant M&E
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
I've been really stressed at work. Looking to nuts and Quest bars (1 a day) for comfort. Have to knock it off. Costco Mac nuts that I around six weeks ago and carefully rationed were finished last night. I will not buy more! I'm getting so close to goal and I know that M&E will take me there so I'm jumping in with both feet.
Last10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:55 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Good morning M&E Family,

I realized yesterday, at this point anyway, I do not possess “the everything in moderation” gene and will need to have some sort of plan to stick with. I know what works to lose rather quickly. Unfortunately as a short term plan, I have been gaining back just as quickly because once I stop, I really stop.

Thanks for sharing all your successes and advice. I have mushed them altogether and this is my plan. I have come to the conclusion that I need a long term plan I can stick with if I want to get anywhere. And the only way I can do that is to find one I can live with. I have picked Protein Power. The carbs are higher 30-45; the food choices are not really restricted as long as you stay under your carb limit. I.e. they say if you want five Skittles have five Skittles, but you could have five cups of broccoli instead. Plus you can have a glass of wine or two and still be on plan. At this point I can totally live with that. It may take me more time then I’d like, but the quick fixes of the last year haven’t gotten me anywhere. After I get into the scheme of things I can still incorporate my intermittent M&E or FF days for a little extra kick or to break a stall, but I need a long term path to goal. I also figure if I couple that with my daily “something” exercise plan, how can I lose? I’m going to continue with my Primal slant on things (no I won’t be going for the skittles) once you learn something you can’t unlearn it.

Terri!

The important thing is to do what works for you whether it's Atkins Induction, Atkins '72, Primal, Protein Power, or any other LC WOE. Regardless of which you choose I KNOW you will be successful, just give yourself time, throw in some variety in your daily meals, and find your own personal ways of staying motivated! Keep us posted on your plan, and let us know if there's anything you need; i.e. advice, feedback, moral support. We luv ya!

NAF
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:01 AM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica L. Butler View Post
Hey there, NAF.

. . .How have you been, good sir? :-)

I'm good. Thanks for asking. Haven't been eating the best (I'll go into more depth on this with my update I'm about to post). But hanging in there; I survived a week of the hussle-and-bussle at work, Spring is officially here (according to the calendar anyway), and my one year Atkinsversary is less than 20 days away...life is good!
Old 03-22-2014, 07:11 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Sorry kinda late checking back in. Odd hours at work this week. I'm glad everyone's doing better and hanging in there. Missed you all. I'm back on M/E next week, this week low carb but eating some fruits, just needed some, a change and it's been helping. Only lost a lb but hey I'll take it. Kudos to you all and staying true to what works. Now to get off the holiday gains and back to stay on plan that works. I admire you all and thanks for being part of my family here. Hugs. Mae

Mae! I haven't formally welcomed you back (not that you were gone just busy like we all are in this go-go-go world! You know, you and tashydoll were 2 of the first people to lead me on this road of LC living and M&E. In less than 20 days it will be one year for me and 50+lbs lost! Wow! Thank you for the inspiration you have given me this past year. I appreciate you more than you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last10 View Post
I've been really stressed at work. Looking to nuts and Quest bars (1 a day) for comfort. Have to knock it off. Costco Mac nuts that I around six weeks ago and carefully rationed were finished last night. I will not buy more! I'm getting so close to goal and I know that M&E will take me there so I'm jumping in with both feet.

Remember, it could always be worse, and you don't have to look far to see it/hear about it. Here's the proof: I've been indulging at the local fast food place and stuffing myself with cheese fries. My consequence is from today until probably Easter Sunday, to stay on plan. The rule is if I didn't cook it, I'm not eating it! I've worked too hard to get back to Twoderville and I'll be darned if I leave it without a fight!
Old 03-22-2014, 07:19 AM   #100
Senior LCF Member

I've made several posts, so I will try to make this one short and sweet.

Update: I lost 3.2lbs this week! Most of this is water weight, b/c as you know I haven't been eating the best these days. I have got to stop going to that fast food place after work. I weighed myself two weeks ago and saw that I had gained considerably. It's taken two weeks to get back to where I was 3/4/14.

With it officially being Spring now, I have got to stick to plan so I can look and feel my best come Summer/warmer weather.

With the next pay check I'm buying new swim trunks-- added motivation.

I'm going to do this ladies! I hope I can count on you to motivate and guide me along the way!

NAF
Old 03-22-2014, 07:49 AM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks NAF you're the best!

Congrads on a great week!
TerriMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:51 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks NAF you're the best!

Congrads on a great week!
Thanks. It's an on-going process, but I am learning a lot about myself and what works for me along the way.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:48 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Hi Terri, Naf, Tashy, Mae, Erica, Last10 and anyone ive missed

Naf, as always, WTG!!
Mae - *hugs* I hope things get better for you.
Terri - build a programme that suits YOU. You know best what works for you.After that its a case of time and commitment. I know you've got this

I had a revelation this morning. it was a big deal to me, maybe not for y'all but i wanted to share it somewhere

A few years ago I had some crappy things happen in my life, and one of the ways i reacted was to stop eating. I totally lost interest in food, I wasnt hungry, and when I did eat it tasted horrible. I had one expereince where my daughter gave me some icecream and I could taste the individual ingredients in it

That carried on for 3-4 months, then I started eating again and got fat...

Anyhoo, before all that not eating I had a craptonne of allergies. Bees, spiders, insects, cleaning chemicals, diesel, fertilizer... I could come home from work with welts and no ideal what I had touched that had caused it. Not a great issue when you're a fulltime dairy farmer.

After the not eating period I was amazed at how many of my allergies had just dissapeared. At the time I put it down to stress hormones flooding all my receptors BUT this morning I was thinking about elimination diets and I wonder if that was what did it. After all when you're not eating at all, its a fair bet you've eliminated most foods that may cause a problem

Anyway, thanks for letting me share my pondeous thoughts, back to your usual programming
Old 03-22-2014, 07:22 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi Terri, Naf, Tashy, Mae, Erica, Last10 and anyone ive missed

Naf, as always, WTG!!
Mae - *hugs* I hope things get better for you.
Terri - build a programme that suits YOU. You know best what works for you.After that its a case of time and commitment. I know you've got this

I had a revelation this morning. it was a big deal to me, maybe not for y'all but i wanted to share it somewhere

A few years ago I had some crappy things happen in my life, and one of the ways i reacted was to stop eating. I totally lost interest in food, I wasnt hungry, and when I did eat it tasted horrible. I had one expereince where my daughter gave me some icecream and I could taste the individual ingredients in it

That carried on for 3-4 months, then I started eating again and got fat...

Anyhoo, before all that not eating I had a craptonne of allergies. Bees, spiders, insects, cleaning chemicals, diesel, fertilizer... I could come home from work with welts and no ideal what I had touched that had caused it. Not a great issue when you're a fulltime dairy farmer.

After the not eating period I was amazed at how many of my allergies had just dissapeared. At the time I put it down to stress hormones flooding all my receptors BUT this morning I was thinking about elimination diets and I wonder if that was what did it. After all when you're not eating at all, its a fair bet you've eliminated most foods that may cause a problem

Anyway, thanks for letting me share my pondeous thoughts, back to your usual programming
That's actually a pretty profound realization.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Good morning M&E Family,

Sounds like a great plan, Terri! My first intro to low carb was PROTEIN POWER. That was back in my mid-thirties when I looked at diets as a temporary thing to lose weight and then go back to eating the way I wanted. Now in my late forties and peri-menopausal, I, too, am after the long-term WOE.
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:02 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
I've made several posts, so I will try to make this one short and sweet.

Update: I lost 3.2lbs this week! Most of this is water weight, b/c as you know I haven't been eating the best these days. I have got to stop going to that fast food place after work. I weighed myself two weeks ago and saw that I had gained considerably. It's taken two weeks to get back to where I was 3/4/14.

With it officially being Spring now, I have got to stick to plan so I can look and feel my best come Summer/warmer weather.

With the next pay check I'm buying new swim trunks-- added motivation.

I'm going to do this ladies! I hope I can count on you to motivate and guide me along the way!

NAF
You go, guy!
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:56 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
You go, guy!

Thank you. I appreciate the support!
Old 03-24-2014, 05:50 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

NaF, congrats on the hard work!
Old 03-24-2014, 05:57 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last10 View Post
NaF, congrats on the hard work!
Thank you. I'm actually aiming to behave this week with my meals and eating, so hopefully my losses will be good come Saturday's weigh-in. *crosses-fingers*
Old 03-24-2014, 06:01 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

I was bored and needed something to do. So I made a batch of Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip-- It's just not for Superbowl Parties people!!! A-MA-ZING!!! Let me tell ya!

I know there are lots of recipes, but this is the one I used (didn't include the ranch this time):

2 (10 ounce) cans chicken
2 (8 ounce) packets cream cheese
3/4 cup hot sauce (I use Frank's)
1 cup ranch dressing (sometimes I include this, and sometimes I don't)
2 cups mild cheddar cheese

Cheers.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:02 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Can you kiwi this up??

What is canned chicken? A soup or pressed meat?
is the cheese grated?
How hot do you make it? We dont have Franks, but we do have lots of hot sauces.

What do you do with it after? Eat with a spoon, or dip something in it?
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:44 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Mae! I haven't formally welcomed you back (not that you were gone just busy like we all are in this go-go-go world! You know, you and tashydoll were 2 of the first people to lead me on this road of LC living and M&E. In less than 20 days it will be one year for me and 50+lbs lost! Wow! Thank you for the inspiration you have given me this past year. I appreciate you more than you know.

Remember, it could always be worse, and you don't have to look far to see it/hear about it. Here's the proof: I've been indulging at the local fast food place and stuffing myself with cheese fries. My consequence is from today until probably Easter Sunday, to stay on plan. The rule is if I didn't cook it, I'm not eating it! I've worked too hard to get back to Twoderville and I'll be darned if I leave it without a fight!
---------------
TY NAF!! Congrats on the weightloss successes; you just keep at it. We all have our slidebacks, part of the journey. We find ourselves no matter what kind of journey we take. I'm glad I could be encouragement to you. You were and still are for me too. Wow a year, we've all come a long way, haven't we. Yeps, Tashy's been a good encourager too. (So have others, not mentioned lol.) Proud of you little bro. Still around if you need me.
Mae
Old 03-24-2014, 07:46 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I was bored and needed something to do. So I made a batch of Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip-- It's just not for Superbowl Parties people!!! A-MA-ZING!!! Let me tell ya!

I know there are lots of recipes, but this is the one I used (didn't include the ranch this time):

2 (10 ounce) cans chicken
2 (8 ounce) packets cream cheese
3/4 cup hot sauce (I use Frank's)
1 cup ranch dressing (sometimes I include this, and sometimes I don't)
2 cups mild cheddar cheese

Cheers.
Sounds yummy, Naf. I made something similar, but without the ranch dressing and cheddar. I used a can of chicken, mayo, some roasted garlic/sea salt blend and a little chive cream cheese. Dropped in some shredded American and that was a great ck salad. Gonna try yours. THanks for the recipe.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:48 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
You go, guy!
I'll second Aruralgirl's kudo's to you. YOU GO!
And I'll bet you'll look good in those new swim trunks. Here's some inspiration and a good laugh for you and all my buddies here. Watch til the end.
Hilarious!! Is This The Best Commercial Ever Made? Wait Until You See The End!! | PetFlow Blog - The most interesting news for pet parents around the world.

Enjoy, have a great week. Mae

PS. Hi to everyone too.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:06 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Hey Terri, Naf, Tashy, Mae, Erica, Last10, Lilbeetle, Aruragirl, QurlyB, and all!

Lil, you can eat with spoon, crackers, celery, use as a spread over baked chicken, endless possibilities for Naf's recipe. Thanks for sharing your story, hope you don't get anymore allergies. I'm better, thanks, just hang in there too.

Last10: Know how you feel. Work can stress one out and then up goes the weight. Hang in there, and just press forward. That's what I had to do. I've only lost a few pounds here and there since the beginning of the month; I let things get to me too, and gained back over twenty pounds since the holidays. Now getting back on track again, slowly but surely. You can do it. Rooting for ya.

QurlyB & Erika, yep the nuts will do it. Hard to do in moderation they're so good. You ladies rock and are inspiring too, like our other buddies here. Erika, like your avatar. QB you have pretty eyes and smile. Hang tight. Erika your chicken salad sounds great too.

Terri, good luck with the ProWoe;; you can do it! sounds good. I've been doing a little higher carbs lately too, to incorporate a few fruits and gasp, low carb tortillas with lettuce and cc/ and ck on them. Nice for a change before I hit back to M/E (soonish). Here if you need to yak, inspiration or just a hi. Hugs.

Take care all, we're here for each other. You're a great group! Happy Losses, Lovin and Livin. Mae
Old 03-24-2014, 08:34 PM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Friends and Family WOL (Way Of Life)

Okay Pals here's my plan inspired by you. My base plan is Protein Power. “Keep it under 30 to lose, under 55 to recompose” Period, at least for me. Eating enough protein, allergies and other points aren’t really issues for me. Unfortunately I have no sensitivities to food other than making me fat and the normal unhealthy side effects. Now for my F&F rules:

1. NAF rule – move more.
Get up off my butt, park farther away, and walk faster.

2. Tashy rule – Fear not the whole food carb
Eat healthy carbs (sanely) within Primal guidelines.

3. QB rule – stop weighing, build muscle
Stop worrying about the day to day fluctuations. Tone your body.

4. Erica rule – I prefer to call this the Raven rule – Be creative
Embrace and create new recipes and tastes, keep it fun and interesting.

5. Mae rule – be a friend
Hear your encouragement and thoughts reflected back to you from other’s ears.

6. Arural (Melody) rule – Don’t be afraid to live a little.
Enjoy every moment and jump right back on and make it a pleasant memory.

7. Lil rule – No matter what stick to low carb
‘Nuff said.

8. M&E rule – Return to M&E Woe to repair, kick start or regain control.

Last edited by TerriMM; 03-24-2014 at 08:42 PM..
Old 03-25-2014, 06:17 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

After 3 weekends of houseguests, parties, restaurants, I am firmly planted back in M&E with a little dairy. I do few eggs because of allergy to them so dairy helps me. I cooked up a lot of meat Sunday morning. Pork Tenderloin, pork chops, chicken thighs, Paleo chocolate chili. A cup of the chili for lunch at work really satisfies me and fuels my workouts. Just enough carbs for me. Yesterday morning at work I had a chicken thigh. When I put it into the micro to heat up, I put 1T of Philly Jalapeńo cream cheese on it to melt. It went from boring to really tasty and spicy. Will repeat tody.

Beetle, great allergy story. I had environmental allergies and really suffered. I spent 6 weeks on an island in British Columbia where there were few cars, few people, 1 gas pump etc. I walked by the water all day every day and came home healed after years of suffering.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:01 AM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like a great plan Last 10.

Care to share the chocolate chili recipe? Sounds right up my line
Old 03-25-2014, 06:32 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Can you kiwi this up??

What is canned chicken? A soup or pressed meat?
is the cheese grated?
How hot do you make it? We dont have Franks, but we do have lots of hot sauces.

What do you do with it after? Eat with a spoon, or dip something in it?

Some answers for you:

- Canned chicken can be found in the tuna fish and canned sandwhich meat (SPAM) isle. I used Swanson White Premium Chunk brand Chicken Breast in my recipe.

-You choose the kind of cheddar you want to use. I just buy already shredded cheese and put 2 cups (a whole bag) in.

- I used Frank's Hot Sauce, but use whichever you would like (Texas Pete, Tabasco, etc.)

- This stuff is so good I usually eat it by itself (it could be a meal on its own) but sometimes while friends are having "dip and chips" I have my "buffalo dip and celery sticks"... very filling.

Hope this helps, lilbeetle.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:36 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Terri,

Good luck with the plan. Looking forward to your weigh-ins/reflection posts. I'm excited for you!