Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2014, 11:14 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member
 
lilbeetle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 610
Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Today is my atkinversary

I've not yet got to my goal, but pretty close to it. I feel massively better than 12 months ago and I owe some of it to meat and eggs
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2014, 08:37 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member
 
qurlybee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 183
Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10/s8/s4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Thanks, QB. I think you (and the rest of the M&E fam) are pretty stellar yourself! How are the workouts going? Doing something everyday? Every other day?

I can't wait for warmer weather/Spring to finally get here, so I can take out the ol' jump rope and really start burning calories and lose 4+ lbs a week like I was before Winter hit.
I did circuits twice this week, and I just enrolled in boot camp for twice a week and yoga once a week. I decided I need to go ahead and get into a routine with my workouts while I'm not weighing because exercise tends to stall me right when I'm beginning, so I'd rather not know I'm stalled (even though I know I probably have) and work out, and then see the final result when I do weigh on Easter. Have to use Jedi mind tricks on myself sometimes
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:38 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member
 
qurlybee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 183
Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10/s8/s4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Today is my atkinversary

I've not yet got to my goal, but pretty close to it. I feel massively better than 12 months ago and I owe some of it to meat and eggs
Congrats!!!!!


qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:30 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member
 
NewestAtkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 787
Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Today is my atkinversary

I've not yet got to my goal, but pretty close to it. I feel massively better than 12 months ago and I owe some of it to meat and eggs



Congratulations, lilbeetle! That is awesome!
I share your celebration and joy b/c next month will be my atkinversary! What a difference 12 months can make!
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member
 
lilbeetle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 610
Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
I changed my profile pic to a before/after shot. I cant believe I was ever that round!
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:47 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: A farm in Missouri
Posts: 218
Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Hello to my M&E fam!

Been very busy this week with projects, but love the inspiration. Great job Naf, Terri, Tashy, and QB on this WOE! I have decided to take a break with weighing myself for a few days, so we'll see how that goes. Still tracking everything, though.

Have a great rest of the weekend, everyone. Oh, and Terri, mucho thanks for posting that recipe. I plan on buying all of the ingredients when I go to the store on Friday.
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!
 
Erica L. Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,838
Gallery: Erica L. Butler
Stats: 193/173/197 goal -95-100
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: May 2007
Oh, hai! I found the spring thread! Yaay!
Erica L. Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:30 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member
 
NewestAtkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 787
Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
I changed my profile pic to a before/after shot. I cant believe I was ever that round!
Wow! Look at you!! You go, girl! Amazing!
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:32 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member
 
NewestAtkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 787
Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica L. Butler View Post
Oh, hai! I found the spring thread! Yaay!
Hey there, Erica! Hope all is well. Looking forward to hearing your updates on your progress and any new menus/meals you've been creating.
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:03 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
TerriMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,623
Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
I changed my profile pic to a before/after shot. I cant believe I was ever that round!
Wow, very impressive Lil! Congratulations!! So line us out on your journey
What version of Atkins did you do?
Did you stay on induction or climb the ladder?
Did you exercise?
When you went Primal did you keep your carb count down or just do Primal “as is”?

Sorry for the million questions, I’m just at the cusp of recommitting myself and I’d love to hear what worked for you.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member
 
Last10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 162
Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/142/142
WOE: Primal, Intermittant M&E
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
Hello Everyone, I jut read through this March thread. Lots of success here! Congratulations to each of you.

I've been low carb for over 20 years with some other plans thrown in. I'm currently M&E Primal with some veggies thrown in. Last year I did a Whole75. I really do love my HWC in my morning decaf. I occasionally have some cheese but it's mostly M&E.
Last10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:59 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member
 
lilbeetle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 610
Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Wow, very impressive Lil! Congratulations!! So line us out on your journey
What version of Atkins did you do?
Did you stay on induction or climb the ladder?
Did you exercise?
When you went Primal did you keep your carb count down or just do Primal “as is”?

Sorry for the million questions, I’m just at the cusp of recommitting myself and I’d love to hear what worked for you.
Lol. I started with my own lc plan which was basically no sugar, wheat,rice,or bread. I spent a week or 2 googling reciepes because I was a bit at a loss and kept ending up on low carb forums and reciepe sites. After some reading I started standard atkins induction.

After a while I switched to atkins 72, mixed with keto. Keto searches lead me to meat and egg. Meat searches lead me to primal. So not a direct journey, and I've learnt lots on the way.
Im quite grateful for that slow and steady change because it helped me identify what worked for me and helped me to not be scared of going against conventional wisdom.
__________________
I have an allergy. Eating sugar and wheat products makes me swell up
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:21 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member
 
qurlybee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 183
Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10/s8/s4
I think I am completely done with nuts. I had some on Saturday because it was workout day and I wanted to up my carbs a tiny bit, but I have a feeling they're stalling me. Without having a scale, I have no way of knowing, but it just seems like I've gotten "fluffier."
I think I am just going to not eat anything besides meat, eggs, and cheese for a while even on workout days.
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:23 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member
 
qurlybee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 183
Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10/s8/s4
Wow, lilbeetle!
Amazing progress!
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:41 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member
 
NewestAtkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 787
Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
I think I am completely done with nuts. I had some on Saturday because it was workout day and I wanted to up my carbs a tiny bit, but I have a feeling they're stalling me. Without having a scale, I have no way of knowing, but it just seems like I've gotten "fluffier."
I think I am just going to not eat anything besides meat, eggs, and cheese for a while even on workout days.

My stall agent is cheese... and I love cheese, so I share your frustrations on this stalling issue. I commend you on the not weighing. I've been on both ends of the spectrum: weighing only once a week as well as weighing everyday. Nowadays I'm a every two days kinda guy...but that's just what works for me. Can't wait to hear your results at your weigh-in.


NAF
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:55 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
TerriMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,623
Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last10 View Post
Hello Everyone, I jut read through this March thread. Lots of success here! Congratulations to each of you.

I've been low carb for over 20 years with some other plans thrown in. I'm currently M&E Primal with some veggies thrown in. Last year I did a Whole75. I really do love my HWC in my morning decaf. I occasionally have some cheese but it's mostly M&E.

Welcome Last10 Nice job on your journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Lol. I started with my own lc plan which was basically no sugar, wheat,rice,or bread. I spent a week or 2 googling reciepes because I was a bit at a loss and kept ending up on low carb forums and reciepe sites. After some reading I started standard atkins induction.

After a while I switched to atkins 72, mixed with keto. Keto searches lead me to meat and egg. Meat searches lead me to primal. So not a direct journey, and I've learnt lots on the way.
Im quite grateful for that slow and steady change because it helped me identify what worked for me and helped me to not be scared of going against conventional wisdom.
Thanks Lil,
Keto is new to me, I'll have to check that out. I'm trying to settle into to a slower consistent way of living instead of "diets". I've been doing all these quick fixes and they work to drop fast but it comes back just as quick because it's a short term fix. My last year has netted me a big goose egg. Whatever I do will have a Primal base though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
I think I am completely done with nuts. I had some on Saturday because it was workout day and I wanted to up my carbs a tiny bit, but I have a feeling they're stalling me. Without having a scale, I have no way of knowing, but it just seems like I've gotten "fluffier."
I think I am just going to not eat anything besides meat, eggs, and cheese for a while even on workout days.
It's funny how different thing affect people differently. I can eat raw Brazil nuts to beat the band, and even roasted-salted peanuts in the little bags don't bother me, but the really yummy roasted-salted mixed nuts, forget it. Maybe I just eat too many.

I've keep with my work outs "doing something every day” and am feeling stronger and more in control. I kind of slacked a little over the anniversary weekend (exercise, wine and food wise) and really felt the difference. I resisted the plan to weigh in after the weekend and am just continuing with my focus on moving and eating well.
__________________
Figuring it out for the long run!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:01 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
TerriMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,623
Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
By Keto, do you guys mean Nutritional Ketosis?
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:46 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member
 
lilbeetle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 610
Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
I do

Keto wasnt a big success.for me BUT it helped me do the 180 on "fats baaaaaaaaad"
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:09 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member
 
qurlybee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 183
Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10/s8/s4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
My stall agent is cheese... and I love cheese, so I share your frustrations on this stalling issue. I commend you on the not weighing. I've been on both ends of the spectrum: weighing only once a week as well as weighing everyday. Nowadays I'm a every two days kinda guy...but that's just what works for me. Can't wait to hear your results at your weigh-in.


NAF
I am soooooo happy I don't have that issue with cheese. I cannot imagine. My early years were spent in Europe and cheese was just a daily thing. It's apart of my DNA now! Lol.
I'm nervous about the weigh-in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
It's funny how different thing affect people differently. I can eat raw Brazil nuts to beat the band, and even roasted-salted peanuts in the little bags don't bother me, but the really yummy roasted-salted mixed nuts, forget it. Maybe I just eat too many.

I've keep with my work outs "doing something every day” and am feeling stronger and more in control. I kind of slacked a little over the anniversary weekend (exercise, wine and food wise) and really felt the difference. I resisted the plan to weigh in after the weekend and am just continuing with my focus on moving and eating well.
That's really smart. And not weighing has forced me to do that as well. I can't know how every little thing affected my weight, so I'm just forced to move on.

I do, however, have 30 days left of Lent starting tomorrow, so I am going to do a very clean grass-fed/pasture-raised/organic meat, egg, and cheese diet for those 30 days. I want to really get to the bare bones for a while and then add a few things once I (hopefully) am at goal.
__________________
Mini Goals
Confidently in a monokini for July 4 beach getaway
Confidently in a size 4 in time for grad school by August 18

147..144..141..138..135..132..129..126.124

My journal: 60 Days to Goal!
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
TerriMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,623
Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
I do

Keto wasnt a big success.for me BUT it helped me do the 180 on "fats baaaaaaaaad"
So what was your big success?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
I do, however, have 30 days left of Lent starting tomorrow, so I am going to do a very clean grass-fed/pasture-raised/organic meat, egg, and cheese diet for those 30 days. I want to really get to the bare bones for a while and then add a few things once I (hopefully) am at goal.
Wishing you bare bones my friend!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:03 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member
 
lilbeetle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 610
Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
My big success was time and sticking with lowcarb in any form no matter what.

Primal has been the easiest meal wise.
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:16 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member
 
Last10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 162
Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/142/142
WOE: Primal, Intermittant M&E
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
My big success was time and sticking with lowcarb in any form no matter what.

Primal has been the easiest meal wise.
Your meal plan describes me perfectly. Primal with intermittent M&E! May I steal that?
Last10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:40 AM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
TerriMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,623
Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
My big success was time and sticking with lowcarb in any form no matter what.

Primal has been the easiest meal wise.
Actually I think that's exactly what I needed to hear. And what I didn't want to admit
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:41 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
TerriMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,623
Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.7/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Hey Tash!
How's your experiment going?
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:43 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member
 
lilbeetle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 610
Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last10 View Post
Your meal plan describes me perfectly. Primal with intermittent M&E! May I steal that?
Totally
lilbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:33 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,066
Gallery: Sunny7
need to get started on M/E---sounds like everyone is doing great....I am going to go back and read the old threads to get some good menu ideas.....
Sunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member
 
tashydoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 389
Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Hey Tash!
How's your experiment going?
Hello lovely,
My experiment went very well last week thanks, I lost 2.8lbs and it was probably the easiest round of M&E I've ever had. I was pretty strict in that I didn't have anything extra in the way of 85% choc (that I would normally have a piece of in the evenings) and I didn't overeat at any stage. But having said that I was never hungry or felt deprived. I just alternated my days between M&E plus unlimited green veg/salad and Primal (just for the weekdays) and it worked a treat. I did it because I knew I was going to indulge a little over the weekend with my best friend's 40th birthday bash and my daughter's 5th birthday...HUUUGGGEEE weekend and very tired but I didn't do as much damage eating-wise as I'd anticipated. I just didn't want to undo all of the good stuff I'd done and didn't even end up eating or drinking too much, or the wrong things. Quite proud of myself and my willpower really

I haven't been doing it this week but I will do it again next week and will report back in to keep myself accountable

How are you going Terri, have you started the 21DSD yet?

How are the rest of my family doing? It's nice to see some faces back ( Hi Erica!) and some newbies around ( Hi newbies!) I have been trying to keep up with what everyone has been posting of late, but have started doing some contract teaching so I'm a bit of a busy bee ATM Congrats to everyone in their successes...to those who are struggling, you can do this! We are all here for you

Hope you are all having a fabulous day....happy losing everyone
__________________
Natasha
"To thine own self be true" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare.
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:48 PM   #88
Senior LCF Member
 
qurlybee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 183
Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10/s8/s4
Congrats on your loss, Tashy!
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:31 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: A farm in Missouri
Posts: 218
Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/179/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
I kind of slacked a little over the anniversary weekend (exercise, wine and food wise) and really felt the difference. I resisted the plan to weigh in after the weekend and am just continuing with my focus on moving and eating well.
Know what you mean, Terri. I slacked off yesterday, too, celebrating birthday. I got a piece of apple pie from my freezer that my daughter had baked way back from Thanksgiving. That was breakfast. Then a buffet for lunch, though didn't go way overboard. For my cake I had requested Linda Sue's Raspberry Almond Crumb Cake, which wasn't bad. Thankfully only gained a pound from it.

Anyway, back to normal today. Before yesterday I had been doing a fairly clean several days of M&E and found that it helped curb the hunger a lot and the weight I had regained came off.

Lil, congratulations on your hard work. You look great!

QB, I feel the same way about cheese. I grew up on a dairy farm, so not doing dairy will never happen. Thankfully my system works well with dairy, too.

Tash, congrats on your experiment!

to our newbies, and Erica, glad you found us!

Happy M&Eing, fam!

Amy
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:06 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member
 
Last10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 162
Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/142/142
WOE: Primal, Intermittant M&E
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeetle View Post
Totally
Thank you! And big kudos on your journey!
Last10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:29 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.