Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 05:43 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 195/195/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
My cheesecake pie came out more like a cheesecake-flavored quiche
I will try it with less egg next time. The flavor is good, though!

I use my Nutribullet to make my butter/CO coffee. It's the only thing that works for me to keep it fully immersed.
I used my magic bullet to make it! It was really good until It got cold and there were little chunks of butter in it! it still tasted ok but was strange haha
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
The creamsicle recipe can be found through the hyperlink. You can find ARuralGirl's recipe in my journal. It is one of the earlier posts.
Thank you!!! I am going to try it!
Old 03-07-2014, 05:46 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karai View Post
Yeah, the CO doesn't mix well with my coffee. I started using a ceramic tumbler w/ top so I don't have to look at the circles of CO. The coffee tastes good, and yes gives me a burst of energy. I know...it's a psychological thing. Hey, it works!

I've not done the butta in my coffee yet. I may try CO and HWC tho'.
The butter mixed better than the CO! It was also very good with the HWC
Old 03-07-2014, 07:04 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/175.5/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
My cheesecake pie came out more like a cheesecake-flavored quiche
I will try it with less egg next time. The flavor is good, though!
Gosh, my recipe is pretty much what Terri posted. Like Terri, I put the cream cheese out on the counter so it softens and mixes well with the other ingredients. Maybe the stevia reacted strange with everything, though I wouldn't think so. I do find if I don't get mine out at 20 minutes, it isn't as good. Some recommend 15 minutes. I like quiche, but mine doesn't strike me as quiche-like or eggy-tasting. But I know everybody's taste buds are unique. Hope the one less egg will work better for you.

Terri, your savory version with jalapenos sounds wonderful. Will have to try that one! I used to make muffins, too, but so much of the goodness stuck to the paper that I found myself constantly scraping off the remaining cheesecake from the papers. And one never seemed to be enough for me.

Hello to my M&E fam! Hope you have a great weekend!
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:36 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/140.5/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruralgirl View Post
Gosh, my recipe is pretty much what Terri posted. Like Terri, I put the cream cheese out on the counter so it softens and mixes well with the other ingredients. Maybe the stevia reacted strange with everything, though I wouldn't think so. I do find if I don't get mine out at 20 minutes, it isn't as good. Some recommend 15 minutes. I like quiche, but mine doesn't strike me as quiche-like or eggy-tasting. But I know everybody's taste buds are unique. Hope the one less egg will work better for you.

Terri, your savory version with jalapenos sounds wonderful. Will have to try that one! I used to make muffins, too, but so much of the goodness stuck to the paper that I found myself constantly scraping off the remaining cheesecake from the papers. And one never seemed to be enough for me.

Hello to my M&E fam! Hope you have a great weekend!
I agree, if you go over 20 min you’re sunk. I found these “natural” brown cupcake papers that were waxier and they peel way better. Here’s the recipe for the savory muffins. To be honest, I think I’ll combine the ingredients with more of a “quiche” type base next time. Maybe too many years of eating sweet muffins has ruined me. On yeah two is a serving, I don't care who ya are.

Jalapeno popper cheesecake!!!!

adapted from original recipe

8oz cream cheese
1 large egg
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 cup finely crumbled bacon
1/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
3 fresh jalapenos finely diced

whip softened CC, add in egg and seasonings and beat until well combined. stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon into 6 well sprayed muffin cups and cook in 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes.

Hello to my M&E fam! Hope you have a great weekend![/QUOTE]
Old 03-07-2014, 10:56 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay M&E Family I need some help. Not to say I'm overly dedicated, patient or follow the rules but I keep running into a road block. I can only be so perfect, so long. I tackle M&E, Atkins '72, FF, etc. lose real well for a week or two and then road block. If I have any indiscretion, and to be honest, usually a couple (but not major or out of control, just not perfect) over the weekend boom I'm up 4#. Then I have to put my nose to the grindstone for a week to get back to square one. Talk about the description of yo-yo dieting. Primal, although the natural, organic, whole foods will now never leave my WOE, is only enough to help me maintain (barely). I know I'm close to goal and that makes it harder, but not undoable. Does anyone know anything about resistant starch? Any other suggestions?
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:44 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: 166 | 160 | 115
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: November 2014
Quote:
I do find if I don't get mine out at 20 minutes, it isn't as good. Some recommend 15 minutes.
Maybe that's what it was! I actually left mine in for 25! When I make it again, I will leave it in for 15 and see if that makes a difference. Like I said, still tasted good, so I am definitely going to eat it and try to make it work so I can continue eating it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Okay M&E Family I need some help. Not to say I'm overly dedicated, patient or follow the rules but I keep running into a road block. I can only be so perfect, so long. I tackle M&E, Atkins '72, FF, etc. lose real well for a week or two and then road block. If I have any indiscretion, and to be honest, usually a couple (but not major or out of control, just not perfect) over the weekend boom I'm up 4#. Then I have to put my nose to the grindstone for a week to get back to square one. Talk about the description of yo-yo dieting. Primal, although the natural, organic, whole foods will now never leave my WOE, is only enough to help me maintain (barely). I know I'm close to goal and that makes it harder, but not undoable. Does anyone know anything about resistant starch? Any other suggestions?
The same thing seems to happen to me as well. It's like I'm afraid of success. There have been a couple times when I will be doing fantastically and get super close to breaking a new low (or will just break a new low), and then usually the same day or day after, I give into a carb craving and binge. And then I have to undo the damage.
I'm hoping that not weighing until Easter will help. I think seeing a great number just puts me in a weird place psychologically for some reason. If I don't give myself a chance to see the number as often, maybe it'll help?
I don't know - I'm trying to figure this thing out myself. If I didn't have those couple of binges, I could've been pretty much at goal by now.
I'm not sure about resistant starch.
Goal of size 4 by December 31, 2015

Comfortably = no muffin tops or sucking in my gut!

My journal: The Keto Cal Counter!
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:24 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Quote:
. . .I know I'm close to goal and that makes it harder, but not undoable. Does anyone know anything about resistant starch? Any other suggestions?
Quote:
. . .The same thing seems to happen to me as well. It's like I'm afraid of success. There have been a couple times when I will be doing fantastically and get super close to breaking a new low (or will just break a new low), and then usually the same day or day after, I give into a carb craving and binge. And then I have to undo the damage.
I'm hoping that not weighing until Easter will help. I think seeing a great number just puts me in a weird place psychologically for some reason. If I don't give myself a chance to see the number as often, maybe it'll help?
I don't know - I'm trying to figure this thing out myself. If I didn't have those couple of binges, I could've been pretty much at goal by now.
I'm not sure about resistant starch.

I have forced myself to think "if you aren't losing pounds you are losing inches;" at least this is what I tell myself for the sake of not going mad because believe me I share your pain. Maybe you could do fasts of different kinds during the week (2 or 3 days of Egg fast-- if you can stomach eggs) and then 2 or 3 days of something else/a low carb fav meal of yours. Looking at the other end of the spectrum, would an extra dose of "cardio" help? I do not mean sweat it out in aerobics class or anything, but what about parking a little farther from the supermarket entrance, or using the stairs to get to that 2nd floor meeting rather than the elevator, or walking the dog 3x a day for a while rather than 2x, or find some household chore [vacuuming, dusting, window washing] that could be done spread out over the week to accumulate several different opportunities for burning calories.

But honestly, you two ladies are doing beautifully, and inspire us all!
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:27 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Sorry, Terri, didn't mean not to give you your kudos too.

Thanks to Terri and Aruralgirl for the recipes.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:34 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Morning M&E family. I hope March is off to a great start for everyone. Just wanted to post my weigh-in for the week. This week I lost 1.0lbs...nothing to blog about, but a loss nonetheless. I've started to weigh myself every other day, and this regimen seems to work for me.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Looking at the other end of the spectrum, would an extra dose of "cardio" help?
Yeah, I am definitely about to start some cardio. For some reason, working out helps me not fall off with eating. I just hate exercising... lol.
Woe is me - I'll figure it out.
Thanks, NAF!

Rural: the pie had a better texture this morning! I wonder why.

I also just had a diet coke "float" made with some heavy whipping cream. I haven't had many processed foods since getting serious about primal, but I have to say that the coke was AWESOME!!! Might have to make that a monthly treat or something.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lilbeetle
Stats: 165/127/125(5'4)
WOE: Primal with intermittant M&E
Start Date: March 2013
I have a cheesecake reciepe that is just a variation on the standard one-

2 8oz. pks. philadelphia cream cheese (450gm)
1/2 cup sweetener (I use spenda)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 pkt weight watchers jelly mix, any flavour

Beat in kitchen whizz till smooth. Pour into 12 muffin pans lined with silicon muffin cups and Bake at 350 for 20 min. (180)

let cool, over night is best and then pop out of silicon cups.

so far Ive made raspberry, strawberry and lime ones. I tried orange using orange essence which was pretty yuk. The WW jelly powder stuff is better for flavouring.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

This is the mini cheesecake recipe that I use (got it from one of ARuralGirl's post, but I think it originated from Terri. . .

Step one: Place all ingredients in a big bowl for mixing
2 packages of cream cheese
2 eggs See "note"
3/4 cup sweetener (NewestAtkinsFan prefersTruvia)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
optional additional steps
1 teaspoon of another extract (example: orange extract, lemon extract, etc.)

Step two: use a mixer to make the batter smooth, then divide into the muffin cups and bake about 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

Note: I just use egg whites when i make them (I get rid of the yolk/yellow part) and I find the recipe MUCH more delightful to my tastebuds, but that's just me.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tashydoll
WOE: Primal/occasional M&E
Start Date: LC since 2010
Quote:
Good morning lovelies

Terri, I totally feel your pain I was in exactly the same place, losing and gaining the same 3 or 4kgs for months, when I decided to change to Primal.

When I first started Primal I gained a few kgs but tried not to freak out and just persisted until my body got the message that it wasn't going to be another round of yo-yo-ing and changing my plan constantly. I think my body has become so wise to my chopping and changing that it was trying to hang on to the weight to protect itself. For me personally, M&E was not achievable for a long term eating plan as it was far too restrictive so I had to change to something with 'forever' in mind. My only advice to you is try to give your Primal WOE a full and dedicated month and then you will realise you actually do lose and not just maintain (plus you feel fantastic). The initial weight gain is scary but it really does sort itself out if you can persist.

Another thing that I might suggest to you is the 21 day sugar detox (21DSD if you are googling) to get your head in the right frame of mind when you are doing Paleo/Primal and it will put you in good stead to start introducing some healthier carbs back into your diet without overdoing it (like I did!!!) I find I rarely eat the Primal treats I make for my family now because I'm over them. If I feel like something sweet I eat a couple of pieces of Green & Blacks Organic 85% Chocolate and it hits the nail on the head for me

I really do feel for you at this stage because I know how helpless you start feeling and get desperate to start things moving in the right direction for the long term. I really believe you can do this Terri, you just need to believe in yourself and remember we are all here for you if you need some encouragement. Please let me know if I can help out with anything else lovely lady

Hi to all my other lovely M&E family. Hope you are all having a fantastic day. I'm going to do a bit of M&E experimenting this week because I want to lose a couple of extra kgs by the weekend but don't think I can face a week without salad or veges. Here's my thoughts:

* slightly lower my fat by not adding too much HWC, butter & CO to things
* no cheese (major staller for me)
* as much M&E as I like, of any kind
* allow any green salad items or green vegetables to my meals without restrictions; ie eat as much of the salad of veggies as I want and not restrict the portion
* condiments will include butter, mayo, vinaigrettes, spices/herbs, mustard, horseradish etc.
* lots of water and at least 30 mins exercise daily.

My thinking behind this is that if my fat intake drops slightly and is balanced out by the slightly higher carb intake from the veggies then I should still be able to drop some weight. I'm also a person who loses much better with a few extra carbs in my diet as when I drop too low I stall.

What are your thoughts family...think this will work? I'm happy to take one for the team and try it out and report back on my experiment I will try to check in daily to let you know how things are going and to see how you all are doing.

Have a great day everyone and happy losing to you all
Old 03-09-2014, 10:58 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Fam for all your thoughts and suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Good morning lovelies

Terri, I totally feel your pain I was in exactly the same place, losing and gaining the same 3 or 4kgs for months, when I decided to change to Primal.

When I first started Primal I gained a few kgs but tried not to freak out and just persisted until my body got the message that it wasn't going to be another round of yo-yo-ing and changing my plan constantly. I think my body has become so wise to my chopping and changing that it was trying to hang on to the weight to protect itself. For me personally, M&E was not achievable for a long term eating plan as it was far too restrictive so I had to change to something with 'forever' in mind. My only advice to you is try to give your Primal WOE a full and dedicated month and then you will realise you actually do lose and not just maintain (plus you feel fantastic). The initial weight gain is scary but it really does sort itself out if you can persist.

Another thing that I might suggest to you is the 21 day sugar detox (21DSD if you are googling) to get your head in the right frame of mind when you are doing Paleo/Primal and it will put you in good stead to start introducing some healthier carbs back into your diet without overdoing it (like I did!!!) I find I rarely eat the Primal treats I make for my family now because I'm over them. If I feel like something sweet I eat a couple of pieces of Green & Blacks Organic 85% Chocolate and it hits the nail on the head for me

I really do feel for you at this stage because I know how helpless you start feeling and get desperate to start things moving in the right direction for the long term. I really believe you can do this Terri, you just need to believe in yourself and remember we are all here for you if you need some encouragement. Please let me know if I can help out with anything else lovely lady

Hi to all my other lovely M&E family. Hope you are all having a fantastic day. I'm going to do a bit of M&E experimenting this week because I want to lose a couple of extra kgs by the weekend but don't think I can face a week without salad or veges. Here's my thoughts:

* slightly lower my fat by not adding too much HWC, butter & CO to things
* no cheese (major staller for me)
* as much M&E as I like, of any kind
* allow any green salad items or green vegetables to my meals without restrictions; ie eat as much of the salad of veggies as I want and not restrict the portion
* condiments will include butter, mayo, vinaigrettes, spices/herbs, mustard, horseradish etc.
* lots of water and at least 30 mins exercise daily.

My thinking behind this is that if my fat intake drops slightly and is balanced out by the slightly higher carb intake from the veggies then I should still be able to drop some weight. I'm also a person who loses much better with a few extra carbs in my diet as when I drop too low I stall.

What are your thoughts family...think this will work? I'm happy to take one for the team and try it out and report back on my experiment I will try to check in daily to let you know how things are going and to see how you all are doing.

Have a great day everyone and happy losing to you all
I expected to hear this from you again my friend. You have been trying to get this through my thick head for some time. I searched and researched again with a fresh open mind. One of the scary things that pushed me away before was no dairy. But upon further research I see that that is not part of the larger, apparently more accepted, detox plan (and least on level one and two) and that one actually advocates yogurt. (to verify Natasha, your are taking about the 21 day sugar detox by Diane Sanfilippo, right?) I know you're probably thinking "really? that's what's really important to you?" for some reason the small amount of HWC I have in my coffee is, at least at the moment. I've found some pretty good info, done some reading at it seems almost too easy. I don't know why I couldn't do this. One of the biggest changes for me will be giving up soybean oil in mayo and salad dressing and sticking to it for 21 days I'm going to give it a go. Thanks for taking the time to line it out for me again.

I think your plan for the week looks great!!

Quote:
I have forced myself to think "if you aren't losing pounds you are losing inches;" at least this is what I tell myself for the sake of not going mad because believe me I share your pain. Maybe you could do fasts of different kinds during the week (2 or 3 days of Egg fast-- if you can stomach eggs) and then 2 or 3 days of something else/a low carb fav meal of yours. Looking at the other end of the spectrum, would an extra dose of "cardio" help? I do not mean sweat it out in aerobics class or anything, but what about parking a little farther from the supermarket entrance, or using the stairs to get to that 2nd floor meeting rather than the elevator, or walking the dog 3x a day for a while rather than 2x, or find some household chore [vacuuming, dusting, window washing] that could be done spread out over the week to accumulate several different opportunities for burning calories.

Thanks NAF! I'm also taking your advice and getting back to my "do something every day" plan before I got sick and jacked up my back earlier this year. I'm going to commit to doing something whether it is lift & squats, power walking or body flex, etc every day, even if it's for only five minutes. Typically when I do this it's 15-25 minutes, sometimes more, but even 5 minutes on an off or too busy day keeps me in the groove, feeling better and moving forward.

Quote:
The same thing seems to happen to me as well. It's like I'm afraid of success. There have been a couple times when I will be doing fantastically and get super close to breaking a new low (or will just break a new low), and then usually the same day or day after, I give into a carb craving and binge. And then I have to undo the damage.
Yep QB, one of the funniest sayings I remember is "If I had kept all the weight off I had ever lost I'd have disappeared a long time ago". I'm going to take your idea of not weighing on my journey. I had a pretty stupid weekend using company as an excuse to eat carbs I didn't care about and enjoy some wine. Nothing like the bad weekends of old, but I'm sure I'd be completely defeated if I weighed in tomorrow and looking for the next quick fix.

So here's my plan...............Tomorrow and the next day or so I'm going to eat FF/M&E"ish" to drop the weekend bloat and eat up some of the prepped foods (bacon, Alfredo, deviled eggs) I made to start the week while I read up on 21DSD and stock my shelves for success. I will not weigh in until I start 21DSD and then not again until I finish the 21 days. Tomorrow I start my "do something every day" exercise life style.

Thanks again everyone! You know I’ll let you know how it goes.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:59 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Oh trust me, I do completely understand about giving up the dairy being scary but you definitely don't have to give up all of the dairy as you mentioned, some versions deem it acceptable And yep, that's the 21DSD I'm talking about.

I really think they say to give up dairy as it helps people ascertain their triggers and their potential allergies but if you are just putting a bit of HWC in your coffee I promise I won't call the 21DSD Police!! Maybe you could try some cashew cream in place of your HWC...I've seen some really nice looking recipes around for flavoured versions and everything. I think for you this could be a chance to adjust your mindset and prepare you to deal with the addition of carbohydrates to your diet. I really wish I had done it prior to my Primal conversion as I think it might have stopped my initial binges on the extra carbs when I started introducing fruit and things back into my diet. But we live and learn

I'm so glad you seem to have a plan in place and I know you will succeed Make sure you drop in to let us know how you are getting on xx
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:56 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Where would I go? This is home. I might go out and experience the world, but home is where the heart is

After careful consideration I decided to start the detox next Tuesday. I hadn't wanted to wait that long, but Monday is my anniversary. Since I intend on fully committing to this, I don't want to impose any hard line restrictions on DH on our 30th anniversary. My starting WOE, weigh in and exercise plan will not however change.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:35 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

I like your plan, Terri!
I need to make a batch of alfredo this weekend!
Old 03-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Morning peeps

Thought I'd give you a quick update on the great M&E experiment of 2014 (ok, not that big of a deal )

So weighed in today and I'm down 1.8lbs after 2 days (which gets me slightly lower than my normal weight). Not a bad result but am continuing on until the end of the week. I'm doing one day on and one day off M&E (my modified version) as I feel I need this cycling for my own sanity

Meals for past 2 days:
Monday: modified M&E
B: Coffee with dash of HWC, 3 scrambled eggs with some chopped up bacon
L: 2 boiled eggs mashed with mayo, chopped spring onion, chopped sugar free pickled gherkins, and chopped ham
D: Pork chop served with asian-style green vegetables cooked in garlic, lemongrass, ginger, fresh chilli and a splash of soy sauce
S: Decaf coffee with a splash of HWC, tblsp HWC whipped with stevia, cocoa powder & vanilla extract

Tuesday: L/C Primal
B: Coffee with almond milk, 1/2 cinnamon minute muffin with butter (made with coconut flour and almond flour)
MT: Other half of 1/2 cinnamon minute muffin with butter
L: Large salad of lettuce, 2 boiled eggs, 2 sugar-free gherkins, chopped ham and cucumber with homemade mayo/vinaigrette dressing
AT: Homemade iceblock of pureed mango, pineapple and coconut milk
D: Shredded chicken cooked with bacon, julienned vegetables (pumpkin, zucchini, fresh asparagus) served with lemon juice and fresh grated parmesan cheese - this was a YUMMY experiment!
S: Decaf coffee with dash of HWC, vanilla extract, and stevia

So there you have it. I'm going to continue on along these lines until the end of the week to see if I get anywhere. Will keep you all posted

Hope my family are doing well. Happy losing everyone

Last edited by tashydoll; 03-11-2014 at 07:24 PM..
tashydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:05 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

I am still here. My lap top is having issues and I don't like posting from my phone or my iPad so I am just lurking. Just wanted you guys to know I still existed!
Old 03-11-2014, 09:24 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 290/237/140
WOE: Low Carb, my way/ M&E
Hey Framily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashydoll View Post
Morning peeps

Thought I'd give you a quick update on the great M&E experiment of 2014 (ok, not that big of a deal )

So weighed in today and I'm down 1.8lbs after 2 days (which gets me slightly lower than my normal weight). Not a bad result but am continuing on until the end of the week. I'm doing one day on and one day off M&E (my modified version) as I feel I need this cycling for my own sanity

Meals for past 2 days:
Monday: modified M&E
B: Coffee with dash of HWC, 3 scrambled eggs with some chopped up bacon
L: 2 boiled eggs mashed with mayo, chopped spring onion, chopped sugar free pickled gherkins, and chopped ham
D: Pork chop served with asian-style green vegetables cooked in garlic, lemongrass, ginger, fresh chilli and a splash of soy sauce
S: Decaf coffee with a splash of HWC, tblsp HWC whipped with stevia, cocoa powder & vanilla extract

Tuesday: L/C Primal
B: Coffee with almond milk, 1/2 cinnamon minute muffin with butter (made with coconut flour and almond flour)
MT: Other half of 1/2 cinnamon minute muffin with butter
L: Large salad of lettuce, 2 boiled eggs, 2 sugar-free gherkins, chopped ham and cucumber with homemade mayo/vinaigrette dressing
AT: Homemade iceblock of pureed mango, pineapple and coconut milk
D: Shredded chicken cooked with bacon, julienned vegetables (pumpkin, zucchini, fresh asparagus) served with lemon juice and fresh grated parmesan cheese - this was a YUMMY experiment!
S: Decaf coffee with dash of HWC, vanilla extract, and stevia

So there you have it. I'm going to continue on along these lines until the end of the week to see if I get anywhere. Will keep you all posted

Hope my family are doing well. Happy losing everyone
----------------------
Hey Tash, like the menu, glad your experiment seems to be working for you. Sounds delish. Keep up the good work! on the weight loss. any is good.

Hi Terry, Naf, Qurly, Lil and all; Miss everyone of ya. Read the post and can feel all what you guys are going through. I'm still here for ya all. Just haven't been online much, stuff to do at home after work, leaves little time for other important stuff. But starting to clear things up so more time to come. Lub you guys, I feel your ups and downs. Will check back in tomorrow, gonna finally weight in and post better. Need to be accountable don't I? lol. Truly have missed you all. Hugs. Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:07 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Hey, hey, Mae!

First workout of the year was today
I ate in an 8-hour window (730a-230p), had a nice, huge helping of mustard greens for carbs, and worked out around 6.
Definitely think M&E on regular days and M&E + low carb veggies on workout days will work out well as my WOE, but I will see how it goes as the weeks progress.

Last edited by qurlybee; 03-12-2014 at 07:08 PM..
Old 03-13-2014, 07:18 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

The post-exercise high is REAL for me!!! I felt amazing (albeit sore) when I woke up. Now I want to do it again!
And I think you were right, NAF. My mind immediately went to how I can clean up my diet even more to help with results.
I'm back to strict primal eating, and dropping carbonated water, too. I think it's causing gas
Old 03-13-2014, 07:37 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great job QB! I agree, I started back with my lift and squat routine Tuesday and I just feel like eating clean. Funny how sore I am just starting with my 5 pounders. Makes me doubly glad I'm not weighing in. I know this would have given me a bump. Although I hadn't planned on starting 21DSD until after my anniversary next week I just started eating that way and my cravings are totally gone.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I am still here. My lap top is having issues and I don't like posting from my phone or my iPad so I am just lurking. Just wanted you guys to know I still existed!
Greetings, Mar922! Hope to see you back in the room real soon.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:07 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Hey all. I hope everyone is doing well. It's time for my update. . .

This week I lost 2.8lbs. I am very happy with this loss for two reasons; 1) it's more than the 1.0lbs loss I had last week, and 2) I was very, very bad this week with my eating, we're talking going out to get fast food for 4 days out of the 7. So to actually LOSE weight this week is a heaven sent miracle (I've said it before.. "Thank goodness for BPC!" That's the only thing that has saved me this week.) I'm tempted to write "Spring is coming" and post it all over the house to remind me to keep with my low carb menu routines going. Not that it's an excuse, because it isn't, but work has been rather stressful lately, and throw in i'm STILL trying to get used to losing that hour with Daylight Savings Time... so, yeah, having someone quickly cook me a burger and fries sounds like heaven these days.

My goal this upcoming week is to 1) stick to my low carb menus at home and 2) lose some weight. If I can do #1 on the agenda, #2 will be accomplished no sweat.

Thanks for letting me vent 'family.'

NAF
Old 03-14-2014, 10:03 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nice job NAF!! Living and losing, it doesn't get much better than that.

I've been following your advice and upping calories burned. Small ways plus bigger efforts here and there. It seems to be working . Not weighing in as promised and the lack of stress from that has helped as well.

Happy Friday Fam!
Old 03-14-2014, 10:58 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Congrats NAF!!! You're awesome!!!

Terri: I am SUPER sore and I used nothing but body weight, so if it makes you feel any better, I am worse off than you. Lol. Darn this laziness coming back to bite me!
Old 03-15-2014, 08:22 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Nice job NAF!! Living and losing, it doesn't get much better than that.

I've been following your advice and upping calories burned. Small ways plus bigger efforts here and there. It seems to be working . Not weighing in as promised and the lack of stress from that has helped as well.

Happy Friday Fam!

Way to go, Terri! I'm glad things are going well with the new plan of action!
Old 03-15-2014, 08:27 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Congrats NAF!!! You're awesome!!!

Terri: I am SUPER sore and I used nothing but body weight, so if it makes you feel any better, I am worse off than you. Lol. Darn this laziness coming back to bite me!

Thanks, QB. I think you (and the rest of the M&E fam) are pretty stellar yourself! How are the workouts going? Doing something everyday? Every other day?

I can't wait for warmer weather/Spring to finally get here, so I can take out the ol' jump rope and really start burning calories and lose 4+ lbs a week like I was before Winter hit.