Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2014, 08:50 AM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: 166 | 160 | 115
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: November 2014
Happy belated birthday, Terri!

And I know exactly what you're talking about!
When I started IE, all I craved were chips and candy, so I ate a lot of that, but I lost A LOT because I found I could literally only eat like 4 or 5 chips and a couple of Sour Patch Kids before I was satisfied. And then I could only eat that a couple times a day if I was lucky.

It was great in the beginning but then I think I just got so frustrated getting full off of such a small amount of food, so I started ignoring hunger and satiety, which led to binges. I was in a challenge group and I was getting so angry that a lot of the other women were eating what looked like full-sized meals while I couldn't get past a couple of handful of chips everyday.

I am definitely going to try again once I'm done losing weight and just let myself go to the process. I'm sure that if I stuck with it that I would've been successful in the long term.

I may try that pork rind suggestion - I did see a pin where someone made pork rind nachos, which looked kind of promising. What doesn't taste good covered in cheese???

SN: I was curious about my weight today and have lost 5.4 so far! 9 more to go to get back to pre-IE weight, and then another 13.6 to goal. I don't think I will weigh again until the end of the month.
Goal of size 4 by December 31, 2015

Comfortably = no muffin tops or sucking in my gut!

My journal: The Keto Cal Counter!
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2014, 08:16 AM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Totally binged this weekend at family celebrations so fat fasting to get back into ketosis ASAP.
Arrrrrrgh!
I hate backtracking with a passion!!!!
Old 06-16-2014, 12:49 PM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/137.5/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Thanks for the birthday wishes. Now I wish I was pre-birthday comfortable in my jeans.

DH is out of town, so I’m going to spend a little more time on me this week. Re focusing on satiety before I lose it. I totally had some “I must be hungry because I want it” moments knowing full well I was just plain lying to myself. And its time to admit that totting around a pup and running and playing with it are not enough. I started walking again at work today and intend to start back lifting this week, if not tonight.

Very insightful NAF. Feeling good in our own skin is so much more important than a number, by a long shot.

Nice kick off to the weight loss QB! I bet you jump back on FF and this weekend will be nothing but a water retention memory.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Terri!
I hope so! I am doing a somewhat modified fat fast wherein I try to make sure the foods are 80% or more in fat, but still 1000 cals. I won't weigh again until July 3, though.
I'm moving out of my apartment next week so I am just going to fat fast until there are no more fat fast ingredients in the fridge since I have to get rid of this stuff anyway (probably only the rest of the work week). After that, I am back to M&E.

Today's planned menu:
Egg salad (this is what I've eaten so far)
Citrus cheesecake
Snack cheese
Bacon
Broth with HWC

Last edited by qurlybee; 06-16-2014 at 02:55 PM..
Old 06-16-2014, 08:40 PM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/175.5/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
--a few days late, Terri! I had to smile at your mention of English muffins--that would be on my short list of things I'd eat. Especially cinnamon raisin.

Naf, great job on your workouts! I'll bet you're going to have a whoosh one of these days very soon.

QB, I hear you! Those family get-togethers can really be hard. Good job on getting right back with the plan!

Amy
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Rural!
Doing really well on the fat fast so far!
I just made this amazing cheesecake mousse I saw on Pinterest - quite literally one of the best, richest things I've ever eaten!
I wish I could fat fast full time!
Maybe I can do them a couple times a week or something.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Okay QB, have to share please.
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:27 PM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Cheesecake Mousse c/o Sugar Free Chic blog

Ingredients:
1 package Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup Whipping cream
6 packets of Splenda (I used 5 since that's all I had left and it was sweet enough - I could've probably gone for 4!)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Using a mixer cream together cream cheese, Splenda, and vanilla.
In another bowl whip the cream to soft peaks.
Fold cream cheese into the whipped cream until well mixed. (I thought it would be easier to fold the cream into the cheese, so I did that instead - I'm a rebel!)
Scoop into a pretty glass.
Refrigerate till you are ready to serve.
Top with fresh berries. (Didn't do this - still fantastic!)
Old 06-18-2014, 09:38 AM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks QB, sounds very yummy!
TerriMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:02 PM   #340
Senior LCF Member

I am experiencing some slight water retention, which I think may have to do with the fact that I haven't really been eating much protein as I have been eating mostly cream- and cheese-based meals like snack cheese, cheesecake, and cheesecake mousse...

I am going to switch to primarily consuming the higher protein fat fast meals like the tuna and egg salads. I bought lump crab, salmon, shrimp, and chicken breast to make into salads, and I will restrict my dairy-only meals to once per day from this point.

Other than that, really enjoying the fat fast. Was only mildly hungry late last night, which I found out was because I had missed two meals during the day. I am definitely planning to incorporate some of the meals into my regular diet from now on.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:03 PM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Thanks QB, sounds very yummy!
Sure thing!
It is sooooo good! I saved it to my online recipe box. I will be taking this with me for the long haul!
Old 06-25-2014, 06:35 PM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
Hello all.
Ive noticed the room has been rather quiet lately, so I wanted to drop a quick reply.
I hope, everyone is doing well. I will admit, I havent been leaving too many messages bc ive been seeing slow gains on the scale. But I have been upping my workouts the past few weeks from 1 or 2 workouts a week to 4 or 5, so I suppose the gain is only natural. But I digress, Im telling myself things such as "if you are not losing weight, you are losing inches, so hang in there! And tell myself, as long as I can still fit in these newly bought smaller sized shorts there is no need to panic! lol

It is offically Summer now (the U.S.A). Has anyone already started a Summer thread?

Let me know how you are doing people, whether you are still on meat and eggs with me, or not...I still enjoy hearing your success stories and your recipe ideas.

NAF
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:30 PM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Aruralgirl
Stats: 216/175.5/160 ht. 5'7
WOE: FF/M&E
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewestAtkinsFan View Post
Hello all.
Ive noticed the room has been rather quiet lately, so I wanted to drop a quick reply.
I hope, everyone is doing well. I will admit, I havent been leaving too many messages bc ive been seeing slow gains on the scale. But I have been upping my workouts the past few weeks from 1 or 2 workouts a week to 4 or 5, so I suppose the gain is only natural. But I digress, Im telling myself things such as "if you are not losing weight, you are losing inches, so hang in there! And tell myself, as long as I can still fit in these newly bought smaller sized shorts there is no need to panic! lol

It is offically Summer now (the U.S.A). Has anyone already started a Summer thread?

Let me know how you are doing people, whether you are still on meat and eggs with me, or not...I still enjoy hearing your success stories and your recipe ideas.

NAF
Just today started a new thread--Summer for M&E. Sorry, haven't learned the paste a link in the post trick yet, or I would have done that.
Aruralgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:05 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NewestAtkinsFan
Stats: ~350/292/2??
WOE: M&E/Atkins On-going Induction
Start Date: April 3, 2013
A New Thread Has Started! Come Join Us!

Meat and Eggs Summer 2014 thread is here! Summer for M&E

Thanks ArualGirl for the new thread!
NewestAtkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote