Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Other Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/)
-   -   FAST 5 WOE anyone? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/824333-fast-5-woe-anyone.html)

Eieio 02-24-2014 06:26 AM

FAST 5 WOE anyone?

I've been doing this WOE for awhile, forget 3-4 weeks.
JUDDD taught me that I dont have to eat 3 times a day.
I've did well with JUDDD.
My Fast 5 is usually fasting till 3. Then goal is to stop eating at-8 pm. Some days are diamond then some are not:).
On weekends we usually have company so my WOE turns to Fast Zero.
Pretty much cave around food with company around.
But fasting through the week is working for me great, most days.
I did get a little headachy and uneasy feeling for
awhile on FAST5.
The uneasiness feeling is getting better, but the slight headach still persist.
Can anyone relate?
I'm trying to cut out all meat except fish. A faze I'm going through probably.
Would like to hear from anyone trying this WOE. Someone to bounce off good ideas and mistakes.
Ei

j4Christ 02-26-2014 06:39 AM

Hi Ei!! So excited to find you! I'd love to have a buddy with this! You seem to do exactly as I like to do. I fast until 3:30 (when I get home from work) then my eating window is until 8:30. And, me too, I only do this on work days!

That being said...I was doing this before Christmas and doing pretty well but fell off the plan over the holidays. I've been plan jumping ever since the new year and have finally come back to this.

I'm 52 yrs. old and haven't gotten to this age without knowing what I will probably never give up even for weight loss. Wine is one of them and 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee is another (oh, I guess I don't truly fast as I do have hnh in my morning coffee)! Sorry, Ei, but I love my meat!!

I'm okay with slow weight loss. I think my efforts to get the weight off fast have gotten me into the trouble I'm in right now.

There are many IF plans out there but not too many people that follow this specific one (or at least they are not posting much about it) so I will be glad to chat about it with you!

Have a great Wednesday!!

Eieio 02-26-2014 01:14 PM

I thought I was all alone here!

Glad I found someone practicing this woe. So nice to see u.

Hopefully Bev. Will join us, she and I both have been looking for support with IF.
I have several years on you, I'm 58, very happily married, 25 chickens, 12 Guinea fowl, and two cats in the yard:)
My dh is an old timer of 60:)
I'm new at giving up meat. So far I haven't missed it at all.
J 4 our eating windows are right on.
Do u have slight headache after a certain time of the day?
I'm not use to having headaches so they are not welcome in my head, don't know what's up with them. Other than normal allergies kicking in maybe.
Yah I have a knew fast5 buddy!!
Ei

j4Christ 02-27-2014 05:57 AM

Hmm...no headaches. Are you drinking less coffee or maybe more than usual? That's no fun. I only get tummy rumbles otherwise I'm fine.

Yesterday went well for me. They brought in a big lunch spread and I just didn't go into the lunch room. So I survived:jumpjoy: I did have some potato chips in the evening during my eating window that I wish I didn't have. I want to eat healthily in my window so I don't just undo the fasting!!

Sounds as if you have a yardful of animals:) Do you sell eggs? I've always wanted to have some chickens. Maybe now that DH is retired we can build a hen house and get a few!

I only get on the computer in the mornings so I won't be much company, but I'm happy to have someone to talk to about Fast 5! What is your typical menu in your 5 hour eating window?

mojocat 02-27-2014 12:54 PM

Eieio I will be transitioning into Fast5 for maintenance and appetite control so I will be watching with interest but not contributing much. Bert Herring states that one eats less over time. I like it because one can eat every day so none of this white knuckling or at least the white knuckling is not for long. I am one of those people who cannot eat breakfast or too early in the day or else I just keep eating and eating, so the longer I fast and the less time I have to eat and think about meals the better. I plan to do 2-8 so I'm not eating too early or too late.

Eieio 02-27-2014 02:27 PM

More the merry!

We are a group!
Good to see we are still here.
I eat real simple foods. Always have, can't imagine changing.
Last night I cookied eggplant like the recipe for green fried tomatoes.
It was very good, and then more veggies in the oven.
Our first try at eating parsnip, cooked in the oven with olive oil. zapped them in the microwave first. We liked those, nice surprise. I had always head of them, never sampled them.
We give our eggs away to friends. Those that enjoy the thought of the free range happy chickens life:)
Good luck Mojocat! Check back with us, hope we are still here.
Ei

mojocat 02-27-2014 04:37 PM

The author Bert Herring says to give it some time before you get to see the full appetite reset effect which makes it livable as a lifestyle. It seems as if the appetite diminishes over time. I guess it's important to give this a really good chance to work. I'm curious how you go about eating. Do you break your fast with a snack and then have a dinner? Do you find you are nibbling throughout your window constantly? Do you feel like to have to eat a lot in that window because you will be fasting soon? Do you completely fast with water, tea ie. no calories over 5 (I believe this is really important). Really it is no breakfast and a late lunch, which lots of busy people do :)

Textemale 02-28-2014 04:04 AM

May I join you?

Howdy from central Texas! Is it OK if I join your little group? I did Juddd last year with great success but after a six week trip across the country to visit family, and the following six months of carefree, eating whatever I wanted, I found myself right back to square one. Starting January of this year, I ate low carb to rid my body of cravings, and then starting January 29th started JUDDDing again but have only dropped 4 pounds since then. On my down days I only eat once and try to keep my calories around 250-300 and for my up days my number is 1696 calories.

Anyhow, it dawned on me that I'm basically eating within a window on my down days already, and if I just give up breakfast on my up days, I'll be eating the Fast 5 way, so yesterday I began my Juddd/Fast 5 experiment to see if I could boost my weight loss efforts by combining the two ways of eating into one.

Confession: I am going to continue to drink my bullet proof coffee in the mornings, each and every day. Not only for the health benefits, but because of the appetite suppression and energy it gives me. I do, however, omit the HWC from the BPC on my down days and I also decrease the amount of butter and MCT Oil that I use. I guess that means that I'm going to do the Fast5 "my way", but that's OK!

I look forward to chatting with you all and hope that we can give each other the support that's needed to continue along our weight loss journeys.

I am female and 5'6" tall, 65 years old and will turn 66 in May. My weight this morning is 170.2 pounds and my current goal is 155-160. I don't work out per se, but I am fairly active. In fact, I'm heading over to a neighbor's place today to help him enlarge his chicken run. I also had chickens last year but had to give them away due to traveling so much, but do hope to get some girls again someday. In the meantime, I can go play with my friends chickens and enjoy his chickens eggs. :up:

Pat

Eieio 02-28-2014 05:14 AM

WONDERFUL PAT!
This is so exciting to find people interested.
So glad u can come here.
It's early and I need my large quantities if caffeine for my head to think better.
Mojocat doing well at a work with all the temptations. Good job, I'd caved I'm sure. Depend on how busy Im with that occurrence.
I want to google up Bert Herring. I read so much this winter due to my old body healing, and I was just lazy without guilt. My winter vacation, or my winter of George, like George Castanza on Jerry S. Show.
I Gota go now my cup is empty:) Good day
Ei

Textemale 02-28-2014 05:20 AM

Here is a youtube from Bert Herring describing how he and his wife discovered the Fast 5 plan. I watched it yesterday and then made my decision to give it a try.

j4Christ 02-28-2014 06:47 AM

Morning ladies!! Glad to see a few more gals-:hiya:Mojocat and Textemale!!

Well, this morning I was up 1.5 lbs.:( and I was ready to throw in the towel again, but I saw a few more posts here and I will continue on w/ Fast 5. Not sure what else I would do that I haven't already done and gotten nowhere. Feeling a bit discouraged this morning and that I will never lose this weight, or have to give up my last few joys in order to lose the weight:cry:

OK all done whining. Textemale-it seems as if we are all doing Fast 5 "our own way". I only do it on work days and I drink my coffee as I please (w/ 1/2 and 1/2). I want this to be liveable but I also want weight loss, too!!

Mojocat-I usually break my fast when I get home w/ a bit of cheese or meat and sip a glass of wine while fixing dinner. So I nibble a bit, but then have dinner with everyone (although I don't feel as if I'm overeating to compensate for the fasting timeframe) Dinner is usually LC, meat, vegie, salad. The only time I go past my eating window is if I am finishing the last few sips of wine:love:

Ei-you sounds like me with your coffee;)gotta fill the mug before I do anything else!! The parsnips sound yummy. I've never eaten them either. I'm always ready to try something new.

OOHH, I just saw the youtube from Textemale...off to go watch...have a great day ladies!!

Eieio 02-28-2014 07:04 AM

Yes Ii read that and watched it over and over again! Total helpful.
I just watched Ruben the "math on losing wt. Really like him and he's input.
Eat less move more, easy right? :)
Getting to what I eat on fast 5, anything I want.
My headache causes me to eat when I finally do it most days? It's ALRIGHT enough.
Must say that my first week adjective to Fast 5, I grazed on little nothings that add up!
Until main dinner at night. But it was an adjustment that was needed. But like u said. I ate well, almonds, fruit! Yikes. And after time little by little I got a handle on it. And now I do well with my veggie broth from 10:30 - noon usually only once with the broth. Then I have diet coke, water, more coke:). And then by 3 pm I'm so happy that I made it! I've adjusted and can have something light. If I don't have something real to eat after 3:30 or 4 pm. Holding off till read evening meal. Like I have done caz, I have a stomach ache. Did that twice, ain't going there again. Example yesterday I had a banana for my first real food of the day, probably 6pm..I had gone to food shopping yesterday so was busy. Didn't need my broth even. Then main meal I had one slice on bread, Gh butter, apple butter and large bowl of popcorn, ghee- butter, little salt...I went to bed happy at 11pm.
We eat late most nights. Dh works, so when he is home we've enjoyed playing the card game Skipbo this winter. We r hooked on it!
I drank my dandelion tea, I get 4 cups of tea from one tea bag:)
And then I drink hot water, helps with the being cold symptoms.
The cold has us semi inside in the evening time. I should say I m inside this winter. Other than in our greenhouse. Loving that Gh, growing lettuce, all veggy seeds are almost started now.
We love our chickens, we ordered more-yikes.
Ok I've bored everybody long enough.
Good day.

Textemale 03-01-2014 03:06 AM

Hi again ladies... Glad to see we're still plugging along with FF. (fast 5) I had a good down day yesterday and ended the day with a total of 180 calories which included my light version of bullet proof coffee. My main meal was cabbage soup, which I really think is a heaven send for down days. Not only is it very low calorie, but it's a nice way to chase away the chills from lack of food. Allrecipes has the recipe I use and will post the link if anyone is interested. The scales this morning showed 168.4.

That youtube I posted was informative, but mercy me, Dr. Herring needs to drink some high test coffee to perk up his presentation! :hyst:

I've already had my first cup of BPC, and will have one more. :yummy: They should hold me until lunch time when I open my eating window. We are heading to Wimberly Market Days today which should be awesome!! It's the first one of the new year and there are almost 500 vendors not to mention all the fun food I'll have to choose from! PLUS, the weather for today is going to be totally awesome with a high of 84 degrees and sunshine! Man, do I need this!!

Eieio, I'm so jealous of your farm life!! I had to let my chickens go last year, but do plan to get some more eventually. :)

In case I don't get a chance to check back in before heading to Market Days, I wish you ladies a wonderful Fast Five Saturday!!! Oh, now I know what I wanted to mention!! I believe Dr. Herring has stated not to expect much if any weight loss during the first 2 weeks while our bodies adjust to this new way of eating. After that, the weight should start to fall off. Fingers and toes (and everything else too!) is crossed in hopes that he's right!!

Pat

j4Christ 03-01-2014 05:39 AM

Whew!!! the 1.5 lb. is gone and took and extra .1 with it! I have to remember that bad choices in food (potato chips) usually show up 2 days later for me. Glad I stuck with it! I don't plan to IF over the weekend so I'm going to try to just stay as LC as I can.

Pat-the Market Days you are going to sounds fabulous! Wonderful food, great weather and fun shopping! I'm jealous! Enjoy your day.

Ei-and I'm jealous of your greenhouse and that you have some seeds started already. I sip on broth during the day, too. It helps w/ rumbly tummy. I usually make my own and then skim all the fat off so it should be very low cal.

How is everyone doing in the weight loss department? Although I'm excited about the other health benefits of IF my real motivation comes from success in weight loss!

Textemale 03-02-2014 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j4Christ (Post 16819736)
Whew!!! the 1.5 lb. is gone and took and extra .1 with it! I have to remember that bad choices in food (potato chips) usually show up 2 days later for me. Glad I stuck with it! I don't plan to IF over the weekend so I'm going to try to just stay as LC as I can.

Pat-the Market Days you are going to sounds fabulous! Wonderful food, great weather and fun shopping! I'm jealous! Enjoy your day.

Ei-and I'm jealous of your greenhouse and that you have some seeds started already. I sip on broth during the day, too. It helps w/ rumbly tummy. I usually make my own and then skim all the fat off so it should be very low cal.

How is everyone doing in the weight loss department? Although I'm excited about the other health benefits of IF my real motivation comes from success in weight loss!

Good morning everyone! Scales are moving, albeit slowly, but as long as the trend continues downward, I'm a happy camper. I think I'm the only one doing Juddd in addition to the daily eating window, so my daily weights will fluctuate up and down more than those not doing Juddd. My daily weight swings are usually between .5 and 2 pounds. I keep a spreadsheet and a chart of my daily weights so I can see the trend daily.

Speaking of eating windows, I didn't get to close mine yesterday on time. I ended up with a 6.5 hour window instead of 5. It shouldn't be too big a deal I hope. I won't eat anything today until supper time at 6:00 when I have my cabbage soup. I will have one cup of my light version of bullet proof coffee maybe mid morning. I usually have it when I get up, but since I'm not hungry now, I'll postpone it. I've never done that before so maybe it will help with the normal lunch time hungry monster. :D

Our day at Market Days yesterday was great!! We walked or should I say, "strolled" amongst the huge crowd for 4.5 hours before we wore out. Slow walking is MUCH more tiring, and harder on this old fart's back too for some reason, than brisk walking. We left home at 8:30 and got back around 4, so it was a full, fun-filled day! Somehow, two huge bags of kettle corn found their way home with us too! LOL!!!

Yes our weather HAS been nice (80 yesterday!) but we are heading into the low 20's tonight, so hubby and I covered the peach trees and the veggies I already have planted rather than waiting until today when the cold north wind will be blowing at mach speed! :rofl:

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!!

Pat

Eieio 03-02-2014 09:42 AM

So enjoyed watching the other weight infor on the video u posted j4 and pat. I soak it up!
We love sharing our seedlings that the Gh produces with family and our annual garden club fund raiser. It gives us a lot of pleasure.
I dont do low carb anymore, I do watch how much I do eat though. I know not to eat pancakes all afternoon:)
I really don't sot eating at 8 :30 either , my main goal is to postpone the fast breakage.
My weight is down this am too, yay for go all of us!
My wt 136.2 body fat 33% back up again. Body fat did read 31 % last week. Oh well not biggy. I'm 5'7 in height, 58 age so my skin is showing ughhhh extra skin on my neck- gross. Lucky it's turtle neck season....I don't wear turtle necks, darn.
They bug me or I would have one in every color!!
Good days, stay warm
Eat healthy
Ei

mojocat 03-02-2014 04:34 PM

I do suggest some apple cider vinegar in water washed down after your last meal. It has digestion, appetite suppression and blood sugar benefits (do a search) but also it seems to draw the line for the end of eating; a bit like brushing your teeth. Yea ACV in water and then brush your teeth..end of eating until 19 hours time.

HomeWorkerMT 03-02-2014 05:03 PM

May I join in as well? I am just getting ready to start on Fast 5 tomorrow. I am so glad I found this thread! I have come to the Low Carb Forum for a good while but have never been able to get moving.

I am thinking I will be more successful with a gradual transition rather than going cold turkey the first day.

I am so glad I found you!
Laura

Eieio 03-03-2014 06:27 AM

Good morning!
YAY Laura! You make 5 of us.
I too had been searching for FF thread:)
So I know the feeling.
Mojocat I've heard of drinking vinegar water but have not tried. I'm afraid of stomach ache,
I gave an old ulcer and I'm chicken-bulk:)
My FIL uses vinegar on alot of different foods, even in his pinto bean soup.
He is turning 93 years of age this month, lives by
Himself, still plays golf, mowers his own yard and neighbors in the summer time. So I'm always taking notes on his habits. The good ones:)

Ei

Eieio 03-03-2014 06:37 AM

For some reason I recorded dr Oz show, not on purpose.. But maybe it was a sign.:)
Guest were talking about fat, sugar both having the opium effect on humans.
Person said they've known about the sugar cravings for more sugar, but new findings are fat has the same effect. Hope I heard that right. Forgive me if not correct.
Seems like we should consume mountain fresh water only theses days.
I had a great weekend food wise, no big temptations.
And other wise too.
Little snow during the nighttime fall upon our thin covering of ice from the day time hours.
We are sitting good though, please heater systems stay strong for us all. One more day and the temps here in Missouri will be nice.
Good day

HomeWorkerMT 03-03-2014 12:56 PM

Well, I am off to a good start! I intended to do a gradual progression to the 5-hour window. I held our much longer that I thought I could today. I work from home on the computer and start very early. I usually would eat breakfast about 5:30 or 6 am. Today, I didn't Break my Fast until 10:30 am. Yay! I was so pleased! I only have to back up 2-1/2 more hours! I am going to set my window from 1 pm to 6 pm. We usually are finished eating by 6. If I eat too late, I have GERD issues.

I haven't been very hungry at all this afternoon which is unusual for me. I hope all of this is a good sign for things to come!!

Hope everyone had a great day!

Laura

Eieio 03-03-2014 04:24 PM

i Laura that is so good!
You've made a great first day.
Even if you press the break fast back by 30 mims. or less each day, u will get there!
First couple of weeks were tricky off and on, but now it's much easier.
I had to eat real food earlier today. I've had a head cold and I've been spring cleaning! Up and down step ladder and I keep getting dizzy, like on a boat, so decided to eat more food at three than usual.
Although it was good foods left over cauliflower, walnuts, and more walnuts. But I'm pleased.
Great job Laura!
Ei

HomeWorkerMT 03-03-2014 06:15 PM

Thanks for the welcome, Ei. I hope I can hang in here until I reach the beginning of actual weight loss. What interests me so much about this way of eating is not having to cut out any certain food groups or count calories. At my age (55) I love to eat and don't want to have to resort to living on lettuce and chicken broth to lose and maintain my weight!

Have a good evening. I'll check in tomorrow!
Laura

mojocat 03-03-2014 06:48 PM

On JUDDD I found that my eating days were in excess and I did better by completely fasting on the alternate days, but I still felt the eating days were too out of control. Bert says that the human body has a very strong 24 hour cycle built into it so it would not surprise him if the body synchrony of a schedule based on a 24 hour cycle has better appetite suppressing effects over time than alternate day, if one was struggling on ADF. He thinks because fast 5 is a true fasting period (no calories) it may have a better impact on appetite than the low calorie fasting days on a JUDDD schedule by providing the appetite center with a true zero point from which to measure intake. I am happy to be a guinea pig because at the end of the day I want to eat less for the health benefits as well and Bert seems very confident that over time people need less food in the window for satiety. Again your mileage will vary and it's only experimentation that we can find the right program for our individual bodies.

PS: Do not give up if no or slow weight loss, the weight loss comes after time as appetite suppression kicks in, although you may see changes in body shape in that time, more lean muscle as the body burns the fat. So this is for the long haul, but if this can maintain my weight by regulating my appetite I am happy to give it time especially if it's a life style change without too much misery :)

PSS: Almost end of my first day - one hour before my window opens - I've had nothing but coffee and herbal teas and feel good but I am used to full fasting every other day, so this is a walk in the park for me. Tummy rumbling but it's not unpleasant, I just imagine body fat burning and smokin!

Textemale 03-04-2014 03:47 AM

Good morning FFers! Hope y'all are staying nice and warm during this cold blast from Mother Nature! We installed a wood stove last winter and what a blessing it has been! And yesterday we went for another load of split oak for it. Money well spent I might add!!

I'm still doing good with the fast periods, but did have to extend my eating window on Sunday a bit. Yesterday was fine though.

Welcome to our new groupies!! The more the merrier, right? :jumpjoy: Maybe this thread will be the start of one of the major weight loss threads here at LCF!

Mojo, I see you were/are a Juddd Buddd. I am currently doing FF along with Juddd. On my DDs, I fast all day until about 6:00 PM. I eat my meal, and then fast until my eating window opens at noon on my UD. I then try to cram all my calories into that 5 hour window, which is sometimes difficult. That is, until yesterday when some peanut butter cup ice cream came to my rescue! :hyst::hyst: It was delicious!!!

This morning the scales didn't show the normal, post UD bounce! That's "usually" a sign that a downward move is close at hand so I'll have to be careful not to screw it up! :rofl:

All in all, I'm finding FF very easy and am actually enjoying the freedom from food during the fasting periods.

OK, let's take a vote! Who's ready for Spring? I know I am!!! I never uncovered my peach trees yesterday since we were going to freeze again last night. Now this morning I see we're going down to 32 again tonight, so I guess the covers will stay on today yet too! :sad:

Have a lovely day everyone!!

Pat

Eieio 03-04-2014 07:48 AM

WOW PAT

You are amazing!
Doing JUDDD
and FF together!
:notwrthy:
I can only imagine.
I'm anxious to see that weight drop for you.

The FF woe is working so well for me.
Doing JUDDD gave me the strength to try that FF.
I usually only way once a week if I have to.
I have found myself weighing more often since I've been doing so good and my clothes are fitting me so well.
I weighed again this morning 135.4#. :jumpjoy:
Body fat read 32%. Dh said not to pay attention to that reading of body fat.
I won't be mentioning my body fat again because I hate that thought that I can be one third fat:(
I feel giving up beef and pork and chicken has helped my weight drop.
I will not give up fish. I was raised going to the lake every weekend and my family catching fish, which lead to fish fry! Plus we have our own pond with catfish, so to give up eating fish would be like trying to not have a car to go somewhere. Awkward:)
I do use the ghee butter on the vegetables plus the olive oil for roasting then.
It took me a while to get used to the Ghee better but now I just poured on and smile and enjoy. It's true cow butter just cooked and cooked. R they happy cows, I don't want to know. The ghee butter is $10 but it last me awhile, maybe over a month. I need to notice. I usually add a teaspoon or so on the finished Veggies on my plate. Total yum.

We too have a few fruit trees, couple each of peaches, apples, pears.
They are young only planted a few years ago. But the best tree is about 3-4 years old, not as tall as me and it gave us 6 very nice size peaches last year! I was so excited. Hope it does that again this year.
Yes my vote, let's have spring time! I have a craving to start mowing our 11 acres - who am I:)
:hiya: c u all, have a great day.
Ei

Textemale 03-04-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eieio (Post 16823355)
You are amazing!
Doing JUDDD
and FF together!
:notwrthy:
I can only imagine.
I'm anxious to see that weight drop for you.

The FF woe is working so well for me.
Doing JUDDD gave me the strength to try that FF.
I usually only way once a week if I have to.
I have found myself weighing more often since I've been doing so good and my clothes are fitting me so well.
I weighed again this morning 135.4#. :jumpjoy:
Body fat read 32%. Dh said not to pay attention to that reading of body fat.
I won't be mentioning my body fat again because I hate that thought that I can be one third fat:(
I feel giving up beef and pork and chicken has helped my weight drop.
I will not give up fish. I was raised going to the lake every weekend and my family catching fish, which lead to fish fry! Plus we have our own pond with catfish, so to give up eating fish would be like trying to not have a car to go somewhere. Awkward:)
I do use the ghee butter on the vegetables plus the olive oil for roasting then.
It took me a while to get used to the Ghee better but now I just poured on and smile and enjoy. It's true cow butter just cooked and cooked. R they happy cows, I don't want to know. The ghee butter is $10 but it last me awhile, maybe over a month. I need to notice. I usually add a teaspoon or so on the finished Veggies on my plate. Total yum.

We too have a few fruit trees, couple each of peaches, apples, pears.
They are young only planted a few years ago. But the best tree is about 3-4 years old, not as tall as me and it gave us 6 very nice size peaches last year! I was so excited. Hope it does that again this year.
Yes my vote, let's have spring time! I have a craving to start mowing our 11 acres - who am I:)
:hiya: c u all, have a great day.
Ei

Congrats Ei!!! :clap::clap: Is 135.4 a new low for you??? Great job!!

After reading your posts for a few days, it seems like we have a LOT in common!! I love working outside, mowing, gardening and just getting my hands dirty! We don't have to do much mowing since it never seems to rain in our part of the state, which means nothing grows without providing water, which we are restricted to watering only 3x a week. The drought just seems to go and go. I sure hope that Ma Nature decides to give us a big drink soon!!!

How lucky you are to have your own catfish pond!! Between all your animals and gardening, it sounds as though you are all set at your place it if TSHTF!! Great job!

With regards to me doing Juddd and FF, it just sort of happened naturally. I did Juddd last year for about 6 months and found that a total fast for most of my DD was easier than eating little bits at a time during the day. Over the course of time I ended up saving all my DD calories (usually 200-350 per DD) for one meal at the end of the day, with the exception of the MCT oil and butter in my BPC, which I DO count. So, to do FF with Juddd, all I really had to do is eliminate my UD breakfast and finish my eating by 6-6:30 or so. I'm not being a fanatic about it, but just striving for a 5-7 hour eating window. Oh, and a couple of other things I find VERY helpful with Juddd is Pterostilbene and Resveratrol. I think both are helpful as far health benefits, but the Ptero really helps with appetite control IMO. I don't take Ptero after noon though, because it's been known to disrupt sleep, which I already don't do well with! I get both of these from the BUY ONE, GET TWO FREE website that can't be mentioned here. In fact, I have another order that should arrive tomorrow. My easiest DDs are days when I'm busy...busy...busy! No time to think about food!

Hey, we're up to a balmy 46!!! Does that mean it's Spring now? :rofl::rofl:

Pat

HomeWorkerMT 03-04-2014 12:01 PM

Hello all. I just have time to ask a quick question, please. When you all started on FF, did you feel bad? I feel exhausted and generally yucky. Today is my second day. My window is going to be 1 to 6 p.m. I thought it would take a while to reach a 1 p.m. window, but yesterday I made it to 10:30 and today I waited until noon. Hooray! Almost there. Now if I would just feel better! :stars:

Thanks for any advice!
Laura

mojocat 03-04-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomeWorkerMT (Post 16823796)
Hello all. I just have time to ask a quick question, please. When you all started on FF, did you feel bad? I feel exhausted and generally yucky. Today is my second day. My window is going to be 1 to 6 p.m. I thought it would take a while to reach a 1 p.m. window, but yesterday I made it to 10:30 and today I waited until noon. Hooray! Almost there. Now if I would just feel better! :stars:

Thanks for any advice!
Laura

A few things come to mind straight away, your body may be repairing and detoxing, secondly you are putting your body under a stress so it may be adapting and thirdly if you are inadvertently cutting out junk or carbs without knowing it you may be going through carb withdrawal flu. Keep your eye on it as it should only be temporary, if it continues you may just want to check with your doc. Imagine the doc's face "and how is your diet" ...
"umm I fast all day and eat in a five hour window"...hey woman just eat less and move more!!! :laugh:

Anyway JUDDD and FF whoah...that would be some pretty strong and effective combination WOE. I'm just hoping to maintain and not put on weight but if I start to creep up you bet I will add a JUDDD day. My problem was the UD but I believe eating in a strict window is the solution for me.

Textemale 03-04-2014 12:59 PM

Laura, I think Mojo gave you some very good tips and things to watch for. Thankfully, I was fairly well adapted to this WOE before actually beginning. I can honestly say, that in all of my years of doing every type of diet out there, that I think I have FINALLY found the one that my body actually responds well to. I find I'm experiencing such a great sense of well-being, "almost" a dis-interest in food at times which I have never experienced before and I have less aches and pains too. When you factor in the many health benefits of eating like this, its a no-brainer for me. I actually LIKE IT!! :jumpjoy:

Have a great evening everyone. Off to sit with hubby now and then in a bit I'll open my eating window to have my cabbage soup. Hopefully my tummy will be satisfied with it. I might add a bit of chicken to it if needed for staying power.

Pat