Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2014, 01:38 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Since u are new to fasting, I'm not surprised your body is saying what the heck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWorkerMT View Post
Hello all. I just have time to ask a quick question, please. When you all started on FF, did you feel bad? I feel exhausted and generally yucky. Today is my second day. My window is going to be 1 to 6 p.m. I thought it would take a while to reach a 1 p.m. window, but yesterday I made it to 10:30 and today I waited until noon. Hooray! Almost there. Now if I would just feel better!

Thanks for any advice!
Laura
I'm so proud for you. U have jumped in feet first!
Drink fluids, water with little sq of lemon juice was my savior at first fasting.
5 cal. Or low cal. Vegetable or any find of broth helped me big time. I usually drank that around 10-11:30am. Gosh your doing well!
And yes when I started fasting JUDDD it's normal to have flu- ish symptoms.
Mind lasted a week. Didn't put me down but made me yuke. Dinner times coming for u!
Ei
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2014, 02:22 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HomeWorkerMT
Stats: 181/179.4/140. (55 yo)
WOE: WOE - My own way.
Start Date: Sept. 28, 2012
Thanks everyone. I had forgotten about that "flu" feeling. That definitely describes how I feel! Hopefully it won't last too long.

Dinner is almost done! I cooked a pot of homemade soup and cornbread is in the oven. Yum! I will get to eat just before my window closes at 6.

Thanks again!
HomeWorkerMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:28 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
@Textemale I agree, like you this is really the WOE that my body responds to because mentally I know I will be eating in a few hours time and that's what makes this a WOE for life for me. I am one of those people who can't eat breakfast or too early in the day, otherwise it stimulates my appetite and I eat all day. There is something magical about fasting for me. I think Bert's book is a jewel in the crown and the problem for me is that it got lost and confused with all the other IF programs which is why I never tried. The fact that his book is free is even more profound - he's not making a buck out of this he is just getting the information out to people.

If you can get to the point where you can eat one unit of a trigger food (e.g. white chocolate covered licorice ball) whilst in a craving state, but stop right after, then you are a Jedi master and nothing can stand in your way

"I am what I ate...and I'm frightened"....Bill Cosby
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Textemale
Stats: 183.4/168/160
WOE: JUDDD & Fast 5, previously LC
Start Date: LC 10/20/12 JUDDD 12/26/12 Restarted Juddd 1/29/14
Mojo, I like the word you used to describe how fasting makes you feel... "magical". That's exactly how I would describe it too!!

My eating window today opened at 4:30 with some popcorn and then closed shortly after 6:00pm. Here is what I've eaten today.

12 oz. bullet proof coffee (70 cals)
2 cups of Smart Pop Popcorn (78 cals)
15.5 ounces cabbage soup with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and some Slap Your Mama seasoning for some heat. (108 cals)

Total: 266

For anybody who might be interested, here is the recipe from Allrecipes that I have made and LOVE!! (not sure we can link) I even eat this at lunch time sometimes with added chicken or some of Jimmy Dean's Turkey Sausage Crumbles and fresh spinach. YUM!!! Anyhow, this recipe makes a TON of soup, so either half the recipe, or break out a huge stock pot, which I did. I then froze 15+/- ounce servings so I'd have one ready for each DD. My last serving is in the freezer, so guess what I'll be doing soon!! The soup I made ended up being just 7 calories an ounce!!!!!!!!! The reviews at allrecipes are great to read too.

CABBAGE FAT BURNING SOUP

5 carrots, chopped
3 onions, chopped
2 (16 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, with liquid
1 large head cabbage, chopped
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix

1 (15 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
2 quarts tomato juice
2 green bell peppers, diced
10 stalks celery, chopped
1 (14 ounce) can beef broth

Place carrots, onions, tomatoes, cabbage, green beans, peppers, and celery in a large pot. Add onion soup mix, tomato juice, beef broth, and enough water to cover vegetables. Simmer until vegetables are tender. May be stored in the refrigerator for several days.
Textemale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:51 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Trying the advance button in reply style see the diff.

I feel adventurist today
Laura hope your feeling better today with the fasting adjustments.

I agree and celebrate with the postings for peoples actions with kind things to help everybody. Not just their own wallets.

Pat you are very organized. Seems like when I make way to much soup our chickens are the ones that help eat it. Our deep freeze died few years ago.
If we have a bumper crop of veggies this summer, want to replace it.
Right now the upright deep freeze holds our wild bird feed.
I hadn't seen 136 for a couple years, I'd love to be able to hold it at 135. But I feel Fasting everyday, my weight will just go down, I'm not wanting to pick a number really. I hope I never see 150's again.

Yesterday was another day of spring cleaning, and I did the same way of eating. Ate early like 2 pm, left over fish, grapes, walnuts, just stuff.
Today Am not cleaning, see how my dizzy off balance goes, hoping to eat lite at 3-4pm, my normal goal. SO hoping the spring cleaning has been my need for grazing actions. Our closet looks great and bathroom. If we just don't use them

We love our small farmlet, it had the ugliest run down house on it, now it beautiful. DH has a hard time getting me to go on vacation

Good day everybody
Old 03-06-2014, 09:58 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Good morning gang!

Hope everyone is doing well FFing. Laura, I hope you're still hanging in there and that you're feeling better.

Ei, I also keep my birdseed under lock to keep the coons from having a feast! We have actually had coons get into a metal trashcan (where the birdseed USED to be) and the lid was tied down with bungee cords! Those little buggers are determined!! The seed is now in a shed with an actual door, so they can no longer get free food! haha I also loved your term "farmlet". Very cool!

Spring cleaning? What's that? I "used" to get into stuff like that, but now I only do heavy cleaning when we get into a remodel, etc. Other than that, it's strictly dusting and vacuuming as needed. Actually, our place is "clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy".

Yesterday was an UD for me and I ate everything I wanted to eat, but didn't count calories at all. I'm finding that my stomach must have shrunk because I can't eat as much as I did prior to FFing. Has anyone else discovered this? I'm not complaining, just making an observation.

Today is a DD and I will have my cabbage soup with maybe a bit of chicken. "Maybe" a salad too if needed. I have some Walden Farms 0 calorie dressings, which are just OK in my opinion, but I might just mist some EVOO and vinegar on the greens instead with some S&P. We'll see how it goes.

Ei... 136 lbs? I haven't seen that number since the mid 70's after I had all my children! I find I feel my best around 155-160. Any lower than that, I tend to have blood pressure issues. (too low)

I finally uncovered my garden and peach trees yesterday.... lost a couple more tomato plants but the peach trees look fine!! Yay!!! The tomato plants can be replaced quickly, but all those lovely blossoms on the peach trees can not!
Old 03-08-2014, 08:21 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

We r still here
I've tried several waldens syrups, trashed them all, just not for me.
No Ill effect other than gross taste I muder.
I'm like u I'd rather now it no sweetened with Franken products. I've even grew Steven in the gardep, and don't like it. Hope to try it again some day.
Holding pretty good on my time windows. The small my weight gets ithe earlier I get yukie headache, then pretty much my normal go to food.
My weight this am is 133.8# beside the late afternoon food window! giving up meats-fats has been my ticket!
Dh bought our fishing license couple weeks ago.
Which I was probably 138 then, he pick 130 as my wt/).
He called it my fishing weight.
So we tease about my fishing weight is around the corner.
It's been nothing for me to give up the fats. I've never been a big meat eater. So I'm enjoying the life of vegetarian. Dh is doing well with my change, he microwaves his chickens wings and eats the vehhies, he's a happy camper, which makes me the same.
Our daughter is also giving up meats, she started before me.
So it's fun to get together and talk-eat what we've figured out to eat.
She'd like to lose a few #s but meat hurts her stomach more so she thinking.
Yay Pats peach trees!
Do u know the guy growing your greens? He's a hoot!
He's very encouraging in eating leafy vegatables daily.
Good day
Old 03-09-2014, 05:50 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Good morning! Glad there is at least two of us still hanging out here.

I actually agree with you about the WF dressings. As much as I try to enjoy them because of them being zero calories, the taste just doesn't float my boat. LOL Plus, look at the ingredients also. I'm "trying" to eat as clean as reasonable, without being obsessive, and I think just a spritz of O&V for a DD is more in line with what I prefer to use. In fact, after I'm done here, I'm heading to the fridge and will dispose of what's left of my supply.

I'm really happy with the way I'm eating currently. My body just seems to "click" with both Juddd and Fast5. It's been about 1.5 weeks since I started the Juddd and FF combo and here are my daily weigh-ins. Keep in mind I have a daily bounce due to the UDs and DDs. I like the overall trend though!!

Just finished an UD version of bulletproof coffee. Man, this stuff rocks!! Wish I could drink it all day, but the caffeine would do me in. I have sleep issues so I don't consume any caffeine after noon.

Ei...what made you decide to give up meats? I don't think I could handle that at all! I don't eat "that much" meat now, but I just don't know what I would eat to replace the protein.

Well, we had yet another cold front blow through last night! Will this winter EVER end????

I'm so happy we're both doing well FFing!! I'm having no trouble at all with my eating window times although I do shift them by an hour or so at times, but I'm sure that's no big deal.

Have a wonderful day Ei!!!

Pat
Old 03-09-2014, 08:04 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

I am Enjoying your wt. Loss Pat!

Great wt. Declining results! And know your feeling better!
Everything takes time. Like we didn't gain 10 pounds in a day or two
Practice-practice.
If we give up what happens, not pretty.

I've been reading more about low fats/meat diet.
I am treading through it because I'm not a speed reader or listener
I do understand that omg six essential fatty acid is over eaten by most Americans. We do need the 6 but not over eat them like us USA folk tend to do.
Corn oils, potatoes, avocados, cotton oil(?) for a few.
Which are all in junk foods, packaged foods. We need to balance them for health.
We need essentials fats for our brains. OMG 3 very important, which we get from veggies and fruits. Alge has a big OMG 3 acid, which minnows eat, then get eaten by a bigger fish, then a bigger fish eats him, then we eat the biggest fish-yikes.
So eating fish we can get a ton of OMG 3 essential fat acid.......... But our waters, oceans are so contaminated that we get all the chemicals that are dumped into the waters by eating fish...hohummmm

Passing up on fats-meats have not been a problem-yet, fingers crossed.
Now come summer time with tomatoes ripe and looking to be slipped into a tomato sandwich, we c
My answer to how I've giving up meat is MUSHROONS, love them. They are super good for us. The portabila M, I've made like a sandwich, DD and I love those, dh too. I don't eat m's everyday, maybe twice a week.
The veggies, carrots, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, sweet potato and white potato
Broccoli to name a few we've tried.... delis'. I use three of these at a time to roast them together In the oven.
I zap some of the veggies in the microwave first for faster baking- broiling.
I just play! Chop veggies about the same size, Love the sweet potato and white p. And carrots together. Actually everything I've tried has been tasty. And a few walnuts, pecans, everyday. I'm out of pumpkin seeds which I love. Zap them in the microwave, yum.
U asked
I have eaten m/m candies lately post some evening meal with great results.
12? Pieces has satisfied me...weird I'm loving this!
Usually some sugar leads to more and more sugar. So I'm very conscious when I dive into the bag.
Good day Pat my fruit grower friend and other FF ers!
Ei
Old 03-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Oh my, I'm tardy today!

Hey, if I give up meat and then start eating mushrooms, I think I'll start losing more weight because for some reason, I just don't like mushrooms. I've tried so many times too! It's not the taste because they don't really have a lot of taste to me, its more a "mouth feel" thing with me. They just give me the shivers when I have them in my mouth!

I love all my veggies too!! Raw, roasted etc....any way I can get them! I baked the most wonderful baked potato last night! I wonder some times they taste better than others? This one was a GREAT one! I topped it with butter, sour cream and grated cheddar cheese too!! Absolute heaven! I was surprised though that I couldn't finish it. I'm loving this shrinking stomach!! (too bad it doesn't look shrinking though! LOL) This has NEVER happened to me in all my 65, almost 66 years!

My eating window was only open 30 minutes today. I actually could have probably done my first total fast today, but was concerned about bedtime and not being able to sleep, so I ate a bit of cabbage soup and had a bit of greek yogurt for protein. I'll be opening my EW tomorrow around 1:30pm. Bullet proof coffee will hold me until then.

If you get any rain up your way, can you please package some up and send it our way please? I'm about an hour NW of Austin and our part of the state is under Extreme Drought conditions. We don't plant "anything" (grass, flowers, bushes, trees, or gardens) unless we provide manual water either by sprinklers or by the hose. It's getting worse each year too. Winters are supposed to be our "wet" season, but this winter was a very dry winter, which is very bad news for the coming summer. I continue to do a rain dance and also for rain. It's getting serious.

Hope you're doing well up there in that beautiful state!
Old 03-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Terrible drought conditions for Texas

We've had those off and on too. They are depressing for sure. But then it will finally rain. We've had very dry summers, that we finally give up watering caz it just doesn't seem to help.
I'm hoping ur drought ends soon.
My sister n law lives only 40 mins from us. They get rain often.
We are in a bad jet stream area where we live, drats.
Mushrooms not ur thing, I understand
BAKED potatoes, yumm.
You are doing so well, inspiring. Very happy you are doing well.

The green house is really hopping.
I have potted up cucumber, squash seedlings.

My eating window has been holding steady. Today was nice I ate spinach soup at 3pm for my break-fast! For some reason I wanted pecans, and walnuts post the soup.
Guess all the activity in the green h. Made me do it
Catcha later
Oh I weighted 134.8# today. Pleased
Old 03-15-2014, 04:06 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Getting bummed out....

Good morning!

I haven't used my greenhouse in two years. Last year we had a six week trip planned during the summer to visit my family in PA so I knew my garden was going to be minimal, so just went with store bought tomato and pepper plants. This year is basically the same thing, except our trip will only be 2-3 weeks, but still long enough that I don't want a big garden to worry about while we're gone. Just yesterday I finished putting out a couple tomato plants and pepper plants. My asparagus is finally starting to produce some nice spears too! I know I'll have to cover this stuff for the inevitable freeze/s that will come along, but I can handle that.

I'm getting frustrated with FF. Maybe it's just a stall though, I can't be sure. I haven't lost anything since March 7th although my calories and fasting windows have been perfect. I was 166.2 then, and that's what I weighed this morning too, both days after my Juddd down day. I "think" I'm going to bid adieu to the FF plan and just stick with Juddd for a bit and see how things go. I will continue to check in to see if you're continuing on. I'll probably bump into you on other threads as well. But for now, I'm heading back to straight Juddd. I've very much enjoyed chatting with you Eieio and hearing all about your little farmlette!! I'm soooooooooo jealous!!!

Here's hoping your weekend is a good one.... I'm half afraid to say it, but we have a 40% chance of some rain today! Here's hoping my rain dance does the trick to bring the other 60% chance!!!!

Pat
Old 03-16-2014, 08:29 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

I understand.
I've pretty stopped looking at JUDDD caz I am not eod eating.
Especially posting my losses or Gaines.
I've been so busy not time for computerizing, thats a winter activity for me, like today!
We r having a little sleat weather today, tmw 50'
See u around Pat and healthy life wishes to you and yours!
Old 04-02-2014, 12:16 PM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: T.G.
So glad to see a "Fast-5" specific thread!

When I am doing L.C. w/ the F-5 I really feel great...

I try to do a Noon - 5 window. The only (and far too frequent) thing that gets in my way is lack of sleep. When I have not slept well, I am vulnerable, and my body misreads my "need SLEEP" signal for "need FOOD!"

Started with renewed focus on Monday -

Good luck everyone!
T.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:25 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Maybe this is what I have been doing. I posted earlier today "One Meal A Day"
and after reading this thread I sort of fit in here. The JUDDD thread is always so good, even if not doing JUDDD, and this one fits in just fine. Here's the thing. No matter what your "window" is, you still have to be aware of the amount you eat. Same with UD's on JUDDD. If I consistently ate 1200 calories for my meal each day I might maintain but won't lose. CAD/CALP works the same way. If you load up on your reward meal, bingo, you won't lose. If I begin eating early in the day I stay hungry and focus on food more. Eating from roughly 3-7 keeps me in control, but if I ate a lot during this window I would gain. Simple math. If I am not losing it's because I took in too much. I digress, but some fact hold truth. Good luck to us all I say!
Old 06-26-2014, 12:49 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cacountrymom
Stats: 275.0/197.8/140.0
WOE: Low Carb, JUDDD
Start Date: 06/18/2014 (AGAIN!!!)
Anyone still around here?

I'm a "pro" low-carber, but new to JUDDD and Fast 5. I read the Fast 5 book and have a question that I haven't seen addressed anywhere:

The book says: "There's nothing special about 5 p.m., but there is something special about the time duration of the Fast 5 fasting period and sleeping during the first part of it." Page 46

So, does anyone know why the sleeping after your fast period is over is so important? I would like to choose a different time period for my fast, but it would not be when I would go to sleep right afterwards and it seems that the Doctor thinks the timing of sleep after the fast is essential to the success of the program. Thoughts?

Also, Suze - I appreciate what you said about still having to watch your intake on any of these plans. It's true! I found that I was able to do CAD perfectly and never lost any weight - gotta cut calories somewhere - just eating them all in one time window isn't gonna cut it for most of us! At least, not me! :-)
Cacountrymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:21 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/173; 5'6", 53 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / Fast-5
Start Date: 6/7/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacountrymom View Post
Anyone still around here?

So, does anyone know why the sleeping after your fast period is over is so important?

Also, Suze - I appreciate what you said about still having to watch your intake on any of these plans. It's true! I found that I was able to do CAD perfectly and never lost any weight - gotta cut calories somewhere - just eating them all in one time window isn't gonna cut it for most of us! At least, not me! :-)
i'm still here. my window is 8 am - 1 pm.

in answer to your second question, i don't know.

the last statement is most definitely true. no matter what plan i'm on, i have to watch calories. if i overload on carbs, controlling my appetite is almost impossible, though i don't "low carb it". i work at having 75+g protein because that helps keep my metabolism revved.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote