Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 05:53 AM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,668
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglovingal View Post
Hi all

Just checking in, VLCD12 for me and was down another 1.0 today. I have discovered a secret to supercharging HCG: get tons of sleep. I find every night I sleep a lot, those are the mornings I've dropped the most. Maybe my body 'does it's thing' in the night? in any case, I'll be trying to get more zzz's for the next month.

Youtube vlogs are addicting. So much information out there, some awesome, some inspiring, some, well not so great. If I wasn't so busy I'm sure I'd just veg out and watch them all day I haven't started on squeakerwoods yet, but that's for sure to come. I think we all have unique stories that places us here!
That is fantastic that you got lots of sleep!! what is that like????

I swear I just don't get good sleep no matter what. However, according to my BodyBugg last night I slept for 4:48 SOLID. That is a new record for me since I started using this. I always seem to get up to pee at night, and it totally interrupts my sleep patterns.

What kind of work do you do that has you traveling so much? Maybe you already said and it slipped my brain..

Yes, the Vlogs are very addictive and I am lucky that I can listen to them at work while I do my entries.. makes the day go fast!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hi Ladies. I hope you had an amazing day. It's good to see so much motivation around our goals Good luck tomorrow.
Hi JEN!! Hope you are feeling well, and ready for these losses you are gonna have my dear! I had a great day, still at 188 this morning, but I am really not trying to lose right now. I WILL ON MONDAY THOUGH!!!

Have a great day Jen!
__________________
Finding my way one day at a time.
Deb294evr is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2014, 06:51 AM   #242
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,307
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi guys! Posting from my phone as I have two sick girlies. Ended up at the ER yesterday with Erin! Took her to her doctor and her oxygen level was 83 which is pretty bad. They wanted to take her by ambulance to the hospital but they gave her a breathing treatment and oxygen. Her level eventually went up in the 90s so I could drive her there. They did chest X-ray and all was clear. Apparently she has a virus and it's affecting her breathing. Got steroids and albuterol. She's sleeping right next to me now peacefully. We are going to make an appointment with an allergist to check for asthma. Very scary!!! And Gracie is home today now with sore throat, stuffed up so she can't breathe. Calgon take me away!!

My weight is up this morning but I didn't eat great yesterday. I was stressed and didn't have many options. Oh well, I'll try to do good today.

Hope everyone is doing well! Please pray for my babies
__________________
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 06:56 AM   #243
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,668
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi guys! Posting from my phone as I have two sick girlies. Ended up at the ER yesterday with Erin! Took her to her doctor and her oxygen level was 83 which is pretty bad. They wanted to take her by ambulance to the hospital but they gave her a breathing treatment and oxygen. Her level eventually went up in the 90s so I could drive her there. They did chest X-ray and all was clear. Apparently she has a virus and it's affecting her breathing. Got steroids and albuterol. She's sleeping right next to me now peacefully. We are going to make an appointment with an allergist to check for asthma. Very scary!!! And Gracie is home today now with sore throat, stuffed up so she can't breathe. Calgon take me away!!

My weight is up this morning but I didn't eat great yesterday. I was stressed and didn't have many options. Oh well, I'll try to do good today.

Hope everyone is doing well! Please pray for my babies
WOW Gracie!!

Very scary!! I hope things go better today, and that asthma is NOT the diagnosis when you get her in there. It is the worst feeling when your babies are sick.. rest and take care of them and YOU!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 09:39 AM   #244
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 61
Gallery: Doglovingal
Down another 0.6 today. At this rate I might not need to do a R2! Although I am still planning on it, later on, as I'm cautiously optimistic.

Deb- I am exploring starting up my own healthcare franchise while completing a doctorate degree from a school in another state. I fly across the country at least every 2-3 weeks for either school or conferences, etc.

I stop drinking about 3 hours before bed or I will be up all night too! I hate getting up to use the bathroom.

Gracie- Glad your child is ok! Its scary in those situations. Glad she's ok and you are taking care of yourself through it all.
Doglovingal is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 09:55 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,604
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglovingal View Post
Hi all

Just checking in, VLCD12 for me and was down another 1.0 today. I have discovered a secret to supercharging HCG: get tons of sleep. I find every night I sleep a lot, those are the mornings I've dropped the most. Maybe my body 'does it's thing' in the night? in any case, I'll be trying to get more zzz's for the next month.

Youtube vlogs are addicting. So much information out there, some awesome, some inspiring, some, well not so great. If I wasn't so busy I'm sure I'd just veg out and watch them all day I haven't started on squeakerwoods yet, but that's for sure to come. I think we all have unique stories that places us here!
Sleeping helps out so much for your health ! The more I sleep, the better my blood sugar numbers are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi guys! Posting from my phone as I have two sick girlies. Ended up at the ER yesterday with Erin! Took her to her doctor and her oxygen level was 83 which is pretty bad. They wanted to take her by ambulance to the hospital but they gave her a breathing treatment and oxygen. Her level eventually went up in the 90s so I could drive her there. They did chest X-ray and all was clear. Apparently she has a virus and it's affecting her breathing. Got steroids and albuterol. She's sleeping right next to me now peacefully. We are going to make an appointment with an allergist to check for asthma. Very scary!!! And Gracie is home today now with sore throat, stuffed up so she can't breathe. Calgon take me away!!

My weight is up this morning but I didn't eat great yesterday. I was stressed and didn't have many options. Oh well, I'll try to do good today.

Hope everyone is doing well! Please pray for my babies
I am so glad your baby is getting better ! Hopefully it is just a virus and will soon go away.
shebasmudder is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 10:30 AM   #246
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,320
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Hi all!

Gracie~hope everyone feel better. That is scary!

Goglovingal~congrats on the loss! Wow, the more you tell about yourself the more inspiring...you're very busy with a lot of great things happening. It's tough to do P2 during all that but you're succeeding. I totally agree about sleep, when I don't sleep my losses reflect that.

Shebasmudder~ how's it going? Hope you're having a great day

Deb~very interesting data from BodyBugg, hope you're able to get more rest too.

Julie~ hope your shipment comes soon so you can load and join us on Monday..love your statement better "losers love company" Yup!

Jen~ how are you doing? Hope all is well with you too. I haven't been in the journals section in a while...hopefully I can pop over later today.

Weight gain of 0.4 TOM is done so can't blame that... I guess just normal fluctuations. Clothes fitting better so inch loss is at least happening.
shari is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 11:10 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 61
Gallery: Doglovingal


I have recently discovered that to my utter shock and horror, I am developing melasma (pregnancy mask) on my face. (I am certain I'm not pregnant). Although I am on VLCD 13 today and have dropped about 13 lbs, I really think I'm going to stop. I'd rather snail pace lose it then have to deal with this for months/years/ever! It'd put up with it if I was pregnant of course, but considering I'm not nor do I have any children.... definitely not worth a semi-permanent facial pigment change.

At least I know the hcg supplied to me by the dr is potent! I guess today will be my LIW? and eat P3/gradually start increasing my cals tomorrow.

Be warned, ladies!
Doglovingal is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 11:57 AM   #248
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,668
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Wow really? I never had that even when pregnant! Sorry to hear it! Well I am not an HCG expert by any means, so you do what you have to do! Just keep it off..

Your job and future possible venture sounds very interesting! I work for a Hospital myself, but not sure what kind of ADVENTURE you have in mind. Sounds like a big undertaking, so good luck!!

Hello to the rest of you lovely ladies! I have so much to do, and no time today, boooooooo .. I will check back later.
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 03-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #249
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,668
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Oh, I forgot to say! SHARI! I watched ALL of squeakerwood's videos! WOW.. what an inspiring lady she is!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 03-14-2014, 07:51 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,604
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hi all!

Gracie~hope everyone feel better. That is scary!

Goglovingal~congrats on the loss! Wow, the more you tell about yourself the more inspiring...you're very busy with a lot of great things happening. It's tough to do P2 during all that but you're succeeding. I totally agree about sleep, when I don't sleep my losses reflect that.

Shebasmudder~ how's it going? Hope you're having a great day

Deb~very interesting data from BodyBugg, hope you're able to get more rest too.

Julie~ hope your shipment comes soon so you can load and join us on Monday..love your statement better "losers love company" Yup!

Jen~ how are you doing? Hope all is well with you too. I haven't been in the journals section in a while...hopefully I can pop over later today.

Weight gain of 0.4 TOM is done so can't blame that... I guess just normal fluctuations. Clothes fitting better so inch loss is at least happening.
Hi, Shari ! It's going ! Did I tell you guys I got DS to eat low carb ? I know I posted it in my journal. He has lost 1.4 pounds and is in moderate ketosis ! I'm going to take him shopping this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglovingal View Post


I have recently discovered that to my utter shock and horror, I am developing melasma (pregnancy mask) on my face. (I am certain I'm not pregnant). Although I am on VLCD 13 today and have dropped about 13 lbs, I really think I'm going to stop. I'd rather snail pace lose it then have to deal with this for months/years/ever! It'd put up with it if I was pregnant of course, but considering I'm not nor do I have any children.... definitely not worth a semi-permanent facial pigment change.

At least I know the hcg supplied to me by the dr is potent! I guess today will be my LIW? and eat P3/gradually start increasing my cals tomorrow.

Be warned, ladies!
Oh, no ! I have some of that on my forehead but it has nothing to do with pregnancy or hcg (since I have neither). It just appeared this past year. Wiki says it is common in pre-menopausal women (that would be me). I didn't realize you can treat it. Might look into that. Let us know how it goes. Do you think you will get the cream to treat it ?
__________________
My Journal: Shebasmudder
shebasmudder is offline  
Old 03-14-2014, 09:19 AM   #251
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,320
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Gracie~ how are your daughters? I hope they're better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglovingal View Post


I have recently discovered that to my utter shock and horror, I am developing melasma (pregnancy mask) on my face. (I am certain I'm not pregnant). Although I am on VLCD 13 today and have dropped about 13 lbs, I really think I'm going to stop. I'd rather snail pace lose it then have to deal with this for months/years/ever! It'd put up with it if I was pregnant of course, but considering I'm not nor do I have any children.... definitely not worth a semi-permanent facial pigment change.

At least I know the hcg supplied to me by the dr is potent! I guess today will be my LIW? and eat P3/gradually start increasing my cals tomorrow.

Be warned, ladies!
Wow, I'd never heard of this happening, but I know sometimes others have posted having abnormal side effects. I understand your decision and know that you don't have to do hcg to continue to come here for support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Oh, I forgot to say! SHARI! I watched ALL of squeakerwood's videos! WOW.. what an inspiring lady she is!
She is! I'm still in the earlier vlogs...WOW is all I can say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Hi, Shari ! It's going ! Did I tell you guys I got DS to eat low carb ? I know I posted it in my journal. He has lost 1.4 pounds and is in moderate ketosis ! I'm going to take him shopping this afternoon.



Oh, no ! I have some of that on my forehead but it has nothing to do with pregnancy or hcg (since I have neither). It just appeared this past year. Wiki says it is common in pre-menopausal women (that would be me). I didn't realize you can treat it. Might look into that. Let us know how it goes. Do you think you will get the cream to treat it ?
That's great news about your son!

Last edited by shari; 03-14-2014 at 09:23 AM..
shari is offline  
Old 03-14-2014, 09:21 AM   #252
Way too much time on my hands!
 
shari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 12,320
Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Scale still showing me to be outside my window by a pound, 177.6. I don't know why but I'm not worried. I'll do a CD if it goes higher though. I'm gearing up to be ready by Monday to start losing again!
shari is offline  
Old 03-14-2014, 10:37 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 61
Gallery: Doglovingal
Hi all,

Shari- yay on staying in your window! That is the hardest part of losing weight- the maintenance!

I called my dr and we had a chat, she's never heard of this happening to anyone on hcg with this low dose. We have a game plan now (I will continue on hcg) and I will see her next week. I feel better, because I can really see a new me physically in a month from now at this rate. And considering the pigmentation is minor, and I have an upcoming minor foot surgery at the end of April, I think I'll get some sort of aggressive facial to remove it and stay at home for a week. I'll be thin but with a red raw face and a sore foot, on painkillers! Sounds great...

Sometimes I ask myself if I'm crazy or what.

I've been watching weightlossapocalypse's videos (Robin Woodall). Some really nail it home.

Today = food prep and prepare for full day of cross country travel. P2 on the road starts tomorrow!
Doglovingal is offline  
Old 03-15-2014, 10:22 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,604
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Hi, ladies ! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend ! I am starting a fat fast to break out of my rut. I'll be seeing my doc on Tuesday.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglovingal View Post
Hi all,

Shari- yay on staying in your window! That is the hardest part of losing weight- the maintenance!

I called my dr and we had a chat, she's never heard of this happening to anyone on hcg with this low dose. We have a game plan now (I will continue on hcg) and I will see her next week. I feel better, because I can really see a new me physically in a month from now at this rate. And considering the pigmentation is minor, and I have an upcoming minor foot surgery at the end of April, I think I'll get some sort of aggressive facial to remove it and stay at home for a week. I'll be thin but with a red raw face and a sore foot, on painkillers! Sounds great...

Sometimes I ask myself if I'm crazy or what.

I've been watching weightlossapocalypse's videos (Robin Woodall). Some really nail it home.

Today = food prep and prepare for full day of cross country travel. P2 on the road starts tomorrow!
Let me know how the facial goes.
shebasmudder is offline  
Old 03-15-2014, 01:33 PM   #255
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,668
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Scale still showing me to be outside my window by a pound, 177.6. I don't know why but I'm not worried. I'll do a CD if it goes higher though. I'm gearing up to be ready by Monday to start losing again!
Oh Shari, that is not bad at all! You know what to do.. I am loading up on FAT this weekend, no carbs, or very little. I want my appetite to be under control for next week. Surprisingly I lost 1.4 overnight since doing high fat, low carb. Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglovingal View Post
Hi all,

Shari- yay on staying in your window! That is the hardest part of losing weight- the maintenance!

I called my dr and we had a chat, she's never heard of this happening to anyone on hcg with this low dose. We have a game plan now (I will continue on hcg) and I will see her next week. I feel better, because I can really see a new me physically in a month from now at this rate. And considering the pigmentation is minor, and I have an upcoming minor foot surgery at the end of April, I think I'll get some sort of aggressive facial to remove it and stay at home for a week. I'll be thin but with a red raw face and a sore foot, on painkillers! Sounds great...

Sometimes I ask myself if I'm crazy or what.

I've been watching weightlossapocalypse's videos (Robin Woodall). Some really nail it home.

Today = food prep and prepare for full day of cross country travel. P2 on the road starts tomorrow!
Glad you talked to your doctor and decided to keep going! I also love Robin's videos, she is such a straight shooter!! When her videos first came out, we all went crazy over them. Hope you are having a great weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Hi, ladies ! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend ! I am starting a fat fast to break out of my rut. I'll be seeing my doc on Tuesday.




Let me know how the facial goes.
I love the FAT, but miss the protein on the fat fast, it does work though! Good luck to ya! I am eating High Fat, Low carb this weekend, getting ready for next week. I want to NOT be hungry, AT ALL. I hope you have a good doctor appt.

Today is GORGEOUS out there today! Trying to enjoy it, since they are saying it will snow tomorrow.. crazy weahter. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 12:14 PM   #256
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,604
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Oh Shari, that is not bad at all! You know what to do.. I am loading up on FAT this weekend, no carbs, or very little. I want my appetite to be under control for next week. Surprisingly I lost 1.4 overnight since doing high fat, low carb. Love it!



Glad you talked to your doctor and decided to keep going! I also love Robin's videos, she is such a straight shooter!! When her videos first came out, we all went crazy over them. Hope you are having a great weekend!



I love the FAT, but miss the protein on the fat fast, it does work though! Good luck to ya! I am eating High Fat, Low carb this weekend, getting ready for next week. I want to NOT be hungry, AT ALL. I hope you have a good doctor appt.

Today is GORGEOUS out there today! Trying to enjoy it, since they are saying it will snow tomorrow.. crazy weahter. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!
Congrats on your loss !!

I'm having a tiny bit of protein, although the less I have, it will probably help my blood sugar numbers. I think that protein in general helps me not feel hungry. Yesterday was the first time in months that I felt HUNGRY. What are you eating this weekend ?

Last edited by shebasmudder; 03-16-2014 at 12:15 PM..
shebasmudder is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 12:44 PM   #257
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,668
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Congrats on your loss !!

I'm having a tiny bit of protein, although the less I have, it will probably help my blood sugar numbers. I think that protein in general helps me not feel hungry. Yesterday was the first time in months that I felt HUNGRY. What are you eating this weekend ?
Well I am having BBQ spareribs, corned beef, fatty ribeye, all fatty meats. Then about 10 carbs max in green veges. Some cheese, cream cheese, almond flour muffin, coffee with heavy cream, mac nuts, pecans, things like this. Can you say heaven?

I also think the protein helps keep me from being hungry, and I have not had a moment of hunger all weekend. How did you do yesterday? I need to catch up on your journal also. Hope you can get a kickstart on knocking out of your stall weight that your body loves.. Sure does happen to me too!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 01:27 PM   #258
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,604
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Well I am having BBQ spareribs, corned beef, fatty ribeye, all fatty meats. Then about 10 carbs max in green veges. Some cheese, cream cheese, almond flour muffin, coffee with heavy cream, mac nuts, pecans, things like this. Can you say heaven?

I also think the protein helps keep me from being hungry, and I have not had a moment of hunger all weekend. How did you do yesterday? I need to catch up on your journal also. Hope you can get a kickstart on knocking out of your stall weight that your body loves.. Sure does happen to me too!
Sounds yummy ! Do you use a special sauce for the BBQ ? I considered getting macadamia nuts but when I went to the store, the only bottle they had was $8 ! Where did you get them from ?

I had some hunger yesterday which was not fun at all. I ate some more fat and then I was pretty much satiated for the evening. I did lose 1 pound !
shebasmudder is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #259
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 9,479
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
I know we can't say where we got it, and that is fine, but the first time I ordered it from a lady who I saw on FB and it took forever for her to ship it to me, then she left out part of the supplies! I had to wait another week for that.. ugh.. anyway! I found a much faster supplier, and got it in a week! OH WELL.. you will do fine, and you have a great plan. A PI would do well for the timing you have.
It did finally come! So, I'm thankful for that! I'm learning a lot each day. I'd like to watch a few of those videos eventually...I did watch a mixing one which helped a lot. Hopefully by the time I run out of motivation I'll be needing online inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglovingal View Post
Hi all

Just checking in, VLCD12 for me and was down another 1.0 today. I have discovered a secret to supercharging HCG: get tons of sleep. I find every night I sleep a lot, those are the mornings I've dropped the most. Maybe my body 'does it's thing' in the night? in any case, I'll be trying to get more zzz's for the next month.

Youtube vlogs are addicting. So much information out there, some awesome, some inspiring, some, well not so great. If I wasn't so busy I'm sure I'd just veg out and watch them all day I haven't started on squeakerwoods yet, but that's for sure to come. I think we all have unique stories that places us here!
Sleep is wonderful! Hope the discoloration improves and glad you're losing so well!,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi guys! Posting from my phone as I have two sick girlies. Ended up at the ER yesterday with Erin! Took her to her doctor and her oxygen level was 83 which is pretty bad. They wanted to take her by ambulance to the hospital but they gave her a breathing treatment and oxygen. Her level eventually went up in the 90s so I could drive her there. They did chest X-ray and all was clear. Apparently she has a virus and it's affecting her breathing. Got steroids and albuterol. She's sleeping right next to me now peacefully. We are going to make an appointment with an allergist to check for asthma. Very scary!!! And Gracie is home today now with sore throat, stuffed up so she can't breathe. Calgon take me away!!

My weight is up this morning but I didn't eat great yesterday. I was stressed and didn't have many options. Oh well, I'll try to do good today.

Hope everyone is doing well! Please pray for my babies
that's so hard!, I'm glad she's ok, but know and dread that motherly fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hi all!

Gracie~hope everyone feel better. That is scary!

Goglovingal~congrats on the loss! Wow, the more you tell about yourself the more inspiring...you're very busy with a lot of great things happening. It's tough to do P2 during all that but you're succeeding. I totally agree about sleep, when I don't sleep my losses reflect that.

Shebasmudder~ how's it going? Hope you're having a great day

Deb~very interesting data from BodyBugg, hope you're able to get more rest too.

Julie~ hope your shipment comes soon so you can load and join us on Monday..love your statement better "losers love company" Yup!

Jen~ how are you doing? Hope all is well with you too. I haven't been in the journals section in a while...hopefully I can pop over later today.

Weight gain of 0.4 TOM is done so can't blame that... I guess just normal fluctuations. Clothes fitting better so inch loss is at least happening.
Those fluctuations will happen, you're wise to ride them out .

Sounds like you're all doing well! I'm in great company!!

Today is vlcd1. So far so good. I'm a bit hungry...but too soon to mess with my dose . What dose are you guys doing? This rx stuff is so new to me!

I look forward to being a big loser like you guys! I know it'll take time, but I really can't wait to get back into my clothing more comfortably. It's a drag only wearing my fat clothes, and having them get tight!!
__________________
Julie
Prov. 3:5-6 - "He shall direct (my) paths"
Daily updates in my journal.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
julieboolie is online now  
Old 03-16-2014, 04:24 PM   #260
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,668
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
It did finally come! So, I'm thankful for that! I'm learning a lot each day. I'd like to watch a few of those videos eventually...I did watch a mixing one which helped a lot. Hopefully by the time I run out of motivation I'll be needing online inspiration


Sleep is wonderful! Hope the discoloration improves and glad you're losing so well!,


that's so hard!, I'm glad she's ok, but know and dread that motherly fear



Those fluctuations will happen, you're wise to ride them out .

Sounds like you're all doing well! I'm in great company!!

Today is vlcd1. So far so good. I'm a bit hungry...but too soon to mess with my dose . What dose are you guys doing? This rx stuff is so new to me!

I look forward to being a big loser like you guys! I know it'll take time, but I really can't wait to get back into my clothing more comfortably. It's a drag only wearing my fat clothes, and having them get tight!!
Hey Julie! So glad you got your supplies and started day 1! Congrats!!

I started at this round at 150 and have been as high as 200 in the past and as low as 125. You probably won't want to mess with your dose for a few days, but they say if you are hungry after the first few days, to skip a day.

If you are less hungry as the day goes on, your dose was too high. If you get hungry at the end of the day, your dose is too low.. Who knows?

Anyhoo!! give it a few days and hopefully you will be hunger free, I know I was hungry as heck my first couple of days! Extra protein for me...

I feel fairly hunger free by the 3 or 4th day on 150.
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #261
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 9,479
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Hey Julie! So glad you got your supplies and started day 1! Congrats!!

I started at this round at 150 and have been as high as 200 in the past and as low as 125. You probably won't want to mess with your dose for a few days, but they say if you are hungry after the first few days, to skip a day.

If you are less hungry as the day goes on, your dose was too high. If you get hungry at the end of the day, your dose is too low.. Who knows?

Anyhoo!! give it a few days and hopefully you will be hunger free, I know I was hungry as heck my first couple of days! Extra protein for me...

I feel fairly hunger free by the 3 or 4th day on 150.
Thanks! I'm prepared to give it a few days for sure . I appreciate the info... I'll see where e hunger seems to happen in the next few days. So far, mid afternoon is the tough part.
julieboolie is online now  
Old 03-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #262
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 61
Gallery: Doglovingal
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Thanks! I'm prepared to give it a few days for sure . I appreciate the info... I'll see where e hunger seems to happen in the next few days. So far, mid afternoon is the tough part.
I think this is pretty common it seems, I know I've gone through waves of hunger at various points as well. How are you managing your hunger? Riding it out or eating protein or ?

Start of another round I see, good luck
Doglovingal is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 10:11 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 61
Gallery: Doglovingal
R1P2VLCD16 for me today. Today was particularly challenging as I am away from home and was at a conference all day. They served breakfast (normally I just have tea anyways) and lunch which was ALL MEXICAN style buffet! Gosh. Hardly anything in there I could eat. I took some chicken fajita and just ate the chicken but it must of had at least a little bit of oil in it, although not smothered. I also had a teensy bit of cabbage salad. Dinner was a "chicken salad" from a restaurant although just chicken and greens. I bet I ate a ton of sodium today. Oh well, I have my 50oz water bottle and have drank a few of and about 5 cups of tea... trying to minimize the damages. Can't weigh, no scale. This is the way its going to be all week and who knows what they'll serve so it's truly anyone's guess.

Invested in some pretty high quality face cream that should help with the discoloration. Here's hoping it doesn't get worse over the rest of P2.
Doglovingal is offline  
Old 03-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 61
Gallery: Doglovingal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Well I am having BBQ spareribs, corned beef, fatty ribeye, all fatty meats. Then about 10 carbs max in green veges. Some cheese, cream cheese, almond flour muffin, coffee with heavy cream, mac nuts, pecans, things like this. Can you say heaven?

I also think the protein helps keep me from being hungry, and I have not had a moment of hunger all weekend. How did you do yesterday? I need to catch up on your journal also. Hope you can get a kickstart on knocking out of your stall weight that your body loves.. Sure does happen to me too!

Uhm.... YUM??
You give me ideas for P3/4!
Doglovingal is offline  
Old 03-17-2014, 07:23 AM   #265
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,307
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi Peeps! I'm back on the juice as of 7:02 am I'm up a bit because I went out for St. Patty's Day and then yesterday I ate an italian hoagie Yep, not a great choice but I was craving it. Could've been the hangover I had My starting weight sucks but IT IS WHAT IT IS - I'm at 205.4 this morning. Hoping to get back down to Onederland by the end of the week and then onto some new territory. I think my new goal is going to be 194.6 because I started the year at 214.6 and that would be 20 lbs. evicted! I have no social plans for this weekend and the next so I should be good on P2 for at least 2 weeks. Let's do this ladies!!!
Gracie514 is offline  
Old 03-17-2014, 08:38 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 61
Gallery: Doglovingal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi Peeps! I'm back on the juice as of 7:02 am I'm up a bit because I went out for St. Patty's Day and then yesterday I ate an italian hoagie Yep, not a great choice but I was craving it. Could've been the hangover I had My starting weight sucks but IT IS WHAT IT IS - I'm at 205.4 this morning. Hoping to get back down to Onederland by the end of the week and then onto some new territory. I think my new goal is going to be 194.6 because I started the year at 214.6 and that would be 20 lbs. evicted! I have no social plans for this weekend and the next so I should be good on P2 for at least 2 weeks. Let's do this ladies!!!
You'll blow by 194.6 in no time! 11 lbs will be gone before you know it. How long are you planning this round for? Good luck with it!
Doglovingal is offline  
Old 03-17-2014, 09:44 AM   #267
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 9,479
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglovingal View Post
I think this is pretty common it seems, I know I've gone through waves of hunger at various points as well. How are you managing your hunger? Riding it out or eating protein or ?

Start of another round I see, good luck
Thanks! I think I expected magic from the Rx . I'm drinking tea and pushing through it. Trying to stick to 500 cals / day right now, but if/when I'm working out intensely I'll up the protein a bit more.
You're doing so well while travelling. That's a challenge to be sure! Dung the best you can and I'll bet you'll be down a bunch once you're home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi Peeps! I'm back on the juice as of 7:02 am I'm up a bit because I went out for St. Patty's Day and then yesterday I ate an italian hoagie Yep, not a great choice but I was craving it. Could've been the hangover I had My starting weight sucks but IT IS WHAT IT IS - I'm at 205.4 this morning. Hoping to get back down to Onederland by the end of the week and then onto some new territory. I think my new goal is going to be 194.6 because I started the year at 214.6 and that would be 20 lbs. evicted! I have no social plans for this weekend and the next so I should be good on P2 for at least 2 weeks. Let's do this ladies!!!
Good luck!! You'll do great!

I'm on VLCD2! So far, so good. Eating at home all week will be easier!
julieboolie is online now  
Old 03-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #268
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,668
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Just a real quick hop in, I decided to put off VLCD1 for a few days, as I am loving the fat, and losing ..

I will jump in to finish up my round soon though! So glad to see you all here!!
Deb294evr is offline  
Old 03-17-2014, 07:55 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 61
Gallery: Doglovingal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Just a real quick hop in, I decided to put off VLCD1 for a few days, as I am loving the fat, and losing ..

I will jump in to finish up my round soon though! So glad to see you all here!!
Whatever works I say! Sometimes those low carb runs where you're in that sweet spot of losing weight and not feeling deprived are the best to just ride that wave for as long as you can....
Doglovingal is offline  
Old 03-17-2014, 08:10 PM   #270
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 61
Gallery: Doglovingal
VLCD 17 for me. Another full day of being in a conference all day and eating their food. Today I had really limited protein options so I kind of had to eat a teensy piece of salmon, although I know it's not technically P2. It was either that or breaded & fried stuff. So I went with the lesser of 2 not so great choices although it was tasty and I didn't eat much, and accompanied it with a huge pile of salad greens and a couple asparagus. I hate not being in control, one more day here then I'm on to the next city where I know I will have more P2 friendly food choices. Phew!

I wanted to share something I learned. The conference I am attending has a lot of people who I perceive as being "higher up the food chain" then myself. A lot are MDs, attorneys, or other high-level admin ceo types. I am here because I want to start a business in the same market, although I haven't completed my doctorate yet (working on it). So yesterday, I felt like a very small fish in a room full of sharks. Add on anxieties surrounding food I can't eat, being uncomfortable in new social situations (I am not a social butterfly at all)... well I felt like I wanted to crawl under a rock and hide. Today I took on a new approach. I thought screw it, I'm never going to see these people again (likely) and thought of myself as a lioness. Instead of thinking of myself as a small fish, I thought of myself as possibly the most valuable asset any of the people in that room could link up with. I'm younger, innovative and doing things that other people haven't seen in this field. I could do this on my own, or with them. So what happens when I essentially "faked it" and walked right up to a table of strangers, sat down, and engaged everyone in conversation? Multiple offers flowing in for partnerships and people giving me their contact info. Lesson I learned: Its all in my mind. It's how I perceive myself that creates my reality. This can apply to weight loss also. I can either choose to see myself as not good enough physically and be on the perpetual treadmill to an illusive number, or I can see myself as fantastic and only getting better by celebrating the journey along the way. How we perceive ourselves is what is going to hold the maintenance over time, at least for me. Can anyone else relate to this?
Doglovingal is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:54 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.