Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2014, 12:17 PM   #2131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
We can do this!

images (3).jpg

Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2014, 06:29 AM   #2132
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning! I meant to check in yesterday but forgot. Erin has strep throat so it's been a rough couple of days. She is supposed to start Kindergarten tomorrow and I'm hoping she feels up to it. Ricky and Grace both started yesterday and seem to be doing good. Ricky and his girlfriend broke up last night though so he was upset. Please say a prayer for him if you can!!!

Yesterday was an UD so today is my fasting day. I did follow rotations all weekend and did not partake in any adult beverages. TOM is pretty much gone - thank God!!! Hoping to lose a few pounds these next couple weeks. Still thinking of a short round after Labor Day Hcg is always in the back of my mind.

How is everyone else today?
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 08-27-2014, 03:57 AM   #2133

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
hey ladies, seems we're busy, busy!

Julie~WTG on completing the exercise program! Have fun on your vacation, safe travels.

Deb~glad to hear mom is doing well. Your relief/rest is coming soon hopefully! Glad you're doing well too.

Jen~ safe travels and happy vacation time!

Gracie~ aww, it's rough times during teenage relationships...hope he feels better as well as Erin. My sons started school Monday, one entering middle school...the other in his last year of middle school. Another school year, busy year...here we go! Girl, doing a round is ALWAYS in the back of my mind. I'm still on the 'heaviest I've been for awhile' side and it doesn't feel good, I've just adjusted..somewhat. I'll do it with you if you and others are game?? I say with you because coming here daily and throughout the day is really helpful and reading you all's success helps me to keep going. So...let me know as I'd gladly load this weekend LOL

Maggie~hey hun! How are you doing?

As mentioned, I'm just holding on with eating LC right now. I don't think I'm gaining or losing but I don't know for certain as I've abandoned the scale for awhile now. Things are settling down and this weekend I'm going to a cookout which will hopefully be the last eating out event for awhile. I certainly don't need anything else!
Old 08-27-2014, 04:18 AM   #2134

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Good Morning Ladies!! I am just exhausted, but wanted to pop in again.

Seems since this weekend, I have found myself overeating again.. well not that I have much time to eat at work, but picking up the wrong things, fast, easy, CARBY.. then at night I kind of make up for the lack of volume and just eat too much period. Up 4 pounds since last week. UGH.. When will this battle ever get easier? Most likely it will not .. this is life..

Shari, I am with you and Gracie always thinking of a round haha.. I did just do 2 weeks, so If I did it, I would be in a PI most likely. I also am wondering if this would not be a great time, since food at work is so slim anyway.... pondering..

It is hard to believe your sons are getting so big!.. Good luck hon!..

Gracie, sorry about your son and his young relationship.. so hard, but of course he will go through many lovely relationships in his life most likely... pain is unfortunately part of it.. Sounds like you are doing pretty well on rotations too.

Julie, have a great time on your trip and at the wedding!!! You are doing SO WELL!!!..

Jen, I know you are on vacation also.. San Fran is awesome!! I hope you are doing well!..

Pati, where are YOU this week? I saw your lovely pics of the Chicago skyline on FB, my sister, her hubby, my niece and my boss were in Chicago over the weekend for a Tri race of some sort.. I am sure they were also around the same area because your pics and theirs were the same!.. haha.. did you say hi!..

Maggie.. YES WE CAN DO THIS!!!!. So happy you are back posting, and I am really really going to attempt to post more. See how fast I can gain 4 pounds by not posting as much? LOVE MY NEW JOB.. but wow.. I need ME TIME TOO!..
Old 08-27-2014, 04:31 AM   #2135

every since I last posted I kept thinking...I missed posting something. Then it hit me, I missed PATI! Sorry hun, just wanted to add thinking of you too! Hope you're doing well too.

Deb~it's such a battle, ugh! I'd been maintaining for about 2 years around 168-172 and was complaining about that but now that I've gone over that and into an even higher range I realize it was good to just maintain...that's really a hard thing to do. You're doing well to keep monitoring it and getting a hold of any gain before it gets out of control. It can come back so fast if not monitored...yes, this is life...

Last edited by shari; 08-27-2014 at 04:32 AM..
Old 08-27-2014, 05:08 AM   #2136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Wednesday!

It's the middle of the week, how have you ladies been this week? Doctor's visit this morning. Pap Smear, flu shot and diabetes check so my day will be great. The pap is a redo being that supposedly they didn't detect enough cells to give a reading so back to the doctor's I go. I can't really complain about the past few days eating LC it really is a no brainer but I am still dealing with not over-doing certain foods. I have posted in past posts that I seem to be triggered by of course wheat, some dairy and nuts. I will always be working on control because this is something I have always dealt with. I am taking this day by day and working on not beating myself up about it so it is a journey for sure. I do want to possibly work on more control come Labor Day and do something like Atkins 72 for a bit to gain better carb control. I am sure my BS would like it. I know holidays will be approaching such as Thanksgiving and Christmas and those days I will be more liberal in my woe. These are all plans but I know things can change so I will take them as they come. I will do a round on Christmas day of Hhcg and I am praying that I have more control mentally and physically to do the round. Well gotta get going DS#1 is popping in on me and I need to get my men breakfast. I will be back to post later.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:36 AM   #2137

Hi peeps! Well I weighed this morning and with JUDDD I pretty much am just maintaining. Very discouraging!!! I still think I treat my UDs as a way to eat too much so I'm not starving the next day.

Shari ~ I'm undecided on the hcg round because of DS's football games. We take a bus to the away games and everyone brings food and drinks. It is such a great time! There's only 4 away games but I want to be able to partake. Also, I'm stuck at a football field on Saturdays with the cheerleaders for HOURS upon HOURS. I will need to eat on those days. Maybe I'll try it for a week and see if I can maintain it without going crazy

Magie ~ Hope all goes well at the doctor. I crave sugar all the time. It's definitely a mental game. I could eat Cocoa Puffs for every meal

Deb ~ DS seemed okay yesterday. They hadn't been getting along for a couple weeks. I told him he's too young for anything serious. He needs to be enjoying life right now and having fun!!! He's only 15 for goodness sake!

Hi Pati, Jen, Julie
Old 08-27-2014, 08:42 AM   #2138
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/23%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Good morning lovely ladies!! I'm packing and prepping to get to the airport so this'll be a quickie!

Pati-hope you're doing well! Miss seeing more of you!

Maggie-hope the dr goes well. I hate going but am way past due for a check up myself! I'll bet you are gonna rock it with how well you've been eating and exercising lately. How's the new gym?

Deb-that's not too bad given it was the weekend. I'm sure with your busy week and some good planning it'll come right back down. I think you're doing great.

Shari-I agree, maintaining is hard and has value. That's basically what I've been doing for the past 3 months. I'm leaning toward lowering my carbs a bit when I get back to see if I can get the scale moving. The higher carb is nice, but it's harder to reduce cals when you're hungrier. You'll get back down to your set point. And it's good you have the perspective change. It'll take a little time but you'll be there soon!

Gracie-didn't ds break up with his GF before? Did they get back together? Or someone new? It's hard to watch, but it sounds like you guys have a good relationship and these types of experiences together build that foundation. Keep up the good work and I predict you'll like your weigh in!

Jen-enjoy SF! I ran/walked across the bridge and back a few ears ago when we visited. Lovely city!!

I hope I didn't miss anyone.

I'm doing well, feeling and looking pretty good . Scale is up 2 lbs this morning . But, it'll come back down and should keep me mo careful while I'm away. Visiting family in MN isn't a culinary journey but they are big on pizza and junk food, so I'll need to shop and plan and stay controlled. My go to boars head lunchmeat won't be an option, but I've packed 7 quest bars and will buy GY and cottage cheese. None of them drink coffee , so I'll be buying a coffee maker for my BIL's house . Ya gotta live, ya know?

I'll be reevaluating my diet when I get home. I'm not losing despite a calorie deficit and careful tracking of my macros. So, I either need to up the cardio, or low cals, or lower carbs...or what will likely happen is I'll do a bit of each of those. What I need to do most is be patient though .

Have a wonderful week! I'll probably check in when I can from my phone .
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
Old 08-27-2014, 08:44 AM   #2139
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Hi peeps! Well I weighed this morning and with JUDDD I pretty much am just maintaining. Very discouraging!!! I still think I treat my UDs as a way to eat too much so I'm not starving the next day.

Shari ~ I'm undecided on the hcg round because of DS's football games. We take a bus to the away games and everyone brings food and drinks. It is such a great time! There's only 4 away games but I want to be able to partake. Also, I'm stuck at a football field on Saturdays with the cheerleaders for HOURS upon HOURS. I will need to eat on those days. Maybe I'll try it for a week and see if I can maintain it without going crazy

Magie ~ Hope all goes well at the doctor. I crave sugar all the time. It's definitely a mental game. I could eat Cocoa Puffs for every meal

Deb ~ DS seemed okay yesterday. They hadn't been getting along for a couple weeks. I told him he's too young for anything serious. He needs to be enjoying life right now and having fun!!! He's only 15 for goodness sake!

Hi Pati, Jen, Julie
I'm sorry!! I thought for sure you'd be down!! I gained after 3 weeks of careful Juddd so I sympathize!! Hope you can figure out a way to work a round or something in, it's tough with social eating. I've always said I'd be thin if I we're a hermit!
Old 08-27-2014, 09:05 AM   #2140

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Good morning lovely ladies!! I'm packing and prepping to get to the airport so this'll be a quickie!

Maggie-hope the dr goes well. I hate going but am way past due for a check up myself! I'll bet you are gonna rock it with how well you've been eating and exercising lately. How's the new gym?

Deb-that's not too bad given it was the weekend. I'm sure with your busy week and some good planning it'll come right back down. I think you're doing great.

Shari-I agree, maintaining is hard and has value. That's basically what I've been doing for the past 3 months. I'm leaning toward lowering my carbs a bit when I get back to see if I can get the scale moving. The higher carb is nice, but it's harder to reduce cals when you're hungrier. You'll get back down to your set point. And it's good you have the perspective change. It'll take a little time but you'll be there soon!

Gracie-didn't ds break up with his GF before? Did they get back together? Or someone new? It's hard to watch, but it sounds like you guys have a good relationship and these types of experiences together build that foundation. Keep up the good work and I predict you'll like your weigh in!

Jen-enjoy SF! I ran/walked across the bridge and back a few ears ago when we visited. Lovely city!!

I'm doing well, feeling and looking pretty good . Scale is up 2 lbs this morning . But, it'll come back down and should keep me mo careful while I'm away. Visiting family in MN isn't a culinary journey but they are big on pizza and junk food, so I'll need to shop and plan and stay controlled. My go to boars head lunchmeat won't be an option, but I've packed 7 quest bars and will buy GY and cottage cheese. None of them drink coffee , so I'll be buying a coffee maker for my BIL's house . Ya gotta live, ya know?

I'll be reevaluating my diet when I get home. I'm not losing despite a calorie deficit and careful tracking of my macros. So, I either need to up the cardio, or low cals, or lower carbs...or what will likely happen is I'll do a bit of each of those. What I need to do most is be patient though .

Julie ~ they broke up right before the 4th of July and then got back together. We were actually away at the lake for the weekend and he was doing fine. Then on Sunday she texted him that they should talk. They ended up getting back together but it's been "weird" since then. Not sure why they have to complicate and overthink everything!!! I say just have FUN for goodness sake, they're only 15 years old. Too serious if you ask me
Old 08-28-2014, 07:32 AM   #2141
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Good Morning Loves!

First let me apologize for me being MIA. I am so super swamped at work, home, and everything in between that I don't know whether I should be coming or going, up or down, left or right?!?! I feel DIZZY!!!! Hopefully once this weekend is over I am a little more on a schedule and I can spend more time with you guys!

I must confess what made me come here today tho. GRACIE! Yep...GRACIE! I had a dream with Ms. Gracie last night (gosh no, Gracie. It wasn't even "that" kinda dream ) Although I don't have time to post, I do get on here every morning to read. So in my dream I came on here like I always do, and I saw an updated avi pic of Gracie holding a little boy on her lap. (a current pic btw - not that I would know what she looked like in the past) but anyway, it was a current pic of her holding a lil' boy and she had dropped at a minimum of 30 lbs within a month cuz I didn't even realize it was her until I scrolled back and stared at the pic!? So I scurried on here and asked her what she was doing and she said "hcg"

That was the extent of my dream with you Gracie! :LOL:

Anyway, sorry I have no times for personals. Got a meeting in 30 minutes I should be prepping for....But I did want to say that I got you beat, Deb! LOL I have gained 5 lbs! I'm seriously not concerned. I'm not eating well at all. I fast most of the day and then overeat at night. Not by choice but because of timing....I start school tonight (6PM - 10 PM) after working allllll freaking day. I'm going to be exhausted but meh...What can I do?

I'm toying with many ideas in my head right now as to what do next. JUDDD works for me. But with weight lifting I could use more protein/fat on daily basis. So I'm also considering Atkins for a month to see if I can tone more. If my schedule still lets me get to the gym that is...If not, another very short round (2 weeks) followed by JUDDD like I did would be beneficial? (see lots of ideas right now.) If I go the "round/juddd" way, I think I will load this upcoming weekend (which by the way scares me! LOL)

Well, I've yapped 'nuff. Love you guys. Have a blessed day
Old 08-28-2014, 07:54 AM   #2142

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Good Morning Loves!

First let me apologize for me being MIA. I am so super swamped at work, home, and everything in between that I don't know whether I should be coming or going, up or down, left or right?!?! I feel DIZZY!!!! Hopefully once this weekend is over I am a little more on a schedule and I can spend more time with you guys!

I must confess what made me come here today tho. GRACIE! Yep...GRACIE! I had a dream with Ms. Gracie last night (gosh no, Gracie. It wasn't even "that" kinda dream ) Although I don't have time to post, I do get on here every morning to read. So in my dream I came on here like I always do, and I saw an updated avi pic of Gracie holding a little boy on her lap. (a current pic btw - not that I would know what she looked like in the past) but anyway, it was a current pic of her holding a lil' boy and she had dropped at a minimum of 30 lbs within a month cuz I didn't even realize it was her until I scrolled back and stared at the pic!? So I scurried on here and asked her what she was doing and she said "hcg"

Anyway, sorry I have no times for personals. Got a meeting in 30 minutes I should be prepping for....But I did want to say that I got you beat, Deb! LOL I have gained 5 lbs! I'm seriously not concerned. I'm not eating well at all. I fast most of the day and then overeat at night. Not by choice but because of timing....I start school tonight (6PM - 10 PM) after working allllll freaking day. I'm going to be exhausted but meh...What can I do?

I'm toying with many ideas in my head right now as to what do next. JUDDD works for me. But with weight lifting I could use more protein/fat on daily basis. So I'm also considering Atkins for a month to see if I can tone more. If my schedule still lets me get to the gym that is...If not, another very short round (2 weeks) followed by JUDDD like I did would be beneficial? (see lots of ideas right now.) If I go the "round/juddd" way, I think I will load this upcoming weekend (which by the way scares me! LOL)

I love it!!! Maybe the universe is trying to tell me to do another round of hcg!!! I'm just trying to figure out the little boy I'm glad I made your dream - that's so weird!!!! I've been thinking about hcg all the time but can't seem to find a good 3 weeks to commit, KWIM? After Labor Day I'm going to possibly try again. It's just so hard with all of my events with the kids. I know that I absolutely cannot drink while taking hcg because it makes me feel like hell the next day. I guess I could just tell everyone I'm detoxing to try and find a food allergy You gave me something to think about for sure!!!!
Old 08-28-2014, 08:01 AM   #2143

Hi peeps! It's Friday Eve, thank God!!! Erin went to her first day of Kindergarten this morning. I cried She's my baby and I can't believe she's in full day school already. I'll attach a picture. It ended up not being strep but hand, foot, and mouth virus. She stopped the antibiotics and just let the virus run it's course. Her poor little throat was covered in blisters.

So, DS's girlfriend texted him last night that she missed him and still loved him. I just don't understand? She was here on Monday night to break up and she won't even look at him in school. He did not answer her text. I told him this needs to end as it's not healthy!!! Do you think she just likes drama or what? They have been together for a long time - since March 2013. Too serious for 15 year olds IMO. I just feel so bad for him because I know it's confusing!!! And he has his first football tomorrow night so he needs to have his head on straight!!!

Yesterday was an UD and I kept it under control. I focused on low-carb and kept treats to a minimum. I was starving before dinner (had dinner very late) so I grabbed a couple handfuls of Golden Grahams. That was the only sweets I had yesterday. I had coffee/cream for breaky, bunless quarter pounder and THM chocolate cake for lunch, ribs for dinner. All in all , pretty good. Today is a DD and I'm fasting as long as possible. I fasted yesterday too until about 2:00 pm and then ate a regular UD. I will weigh tomorrow to see if I have any progress.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday eve!!!
Old 08-28-2014, 08:03 AM   #2144

Forgot to post pic!!!

Erin's first day of Kindergarten...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg erinkinder.jpg (26.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 08-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #2145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Thursday Morning!

Good morning ladies and or gents if you are out there. Wow Pati what an odd dream and you are not even on Hhcg. The reason I say that is because for the most part I don't recall my dreams, I know we all dream but I rarely recall my dreams but when I am on Hhcg my dreams are very clear and I remember them the next morning. I wonder what the little boy on the lap means? Gracie do you have something you haven't told us yet?I do hope it's not indication that Gracie will do a lovely round of Hhcg only to find that there may be an additional surprise to doing it beyond weight loss. Pati, you and Deb have some full days don't you? Gracie and Julie your days seem to be busy with kids and other activities also. Shari you put in a lot of hard work also. I hope your week is going well and that you all just keep plugging along. Jen I hope you are enjoying yourself on your vacation, can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

I got back to the gym this morning with the hubster and it felt good. I almost, almost didn't go but hubby encouraged me and we worked out with the cardio machines for about and hour and then we both used the dry heat room. It felt nice knowing we did it together and encouraging one another is nice as well. My eating is still LC but I am really considering Atkins 72 come the 1st of September and see if I can stick it out. I had the most wonderful tea today by Lipton. It is a green tea superfruit with purple Acai and blueberry, it was quite good. Well lovelies gotta get going and get other things done in my life so everyone had a wonderful Thursday.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:22 AM   #2146

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Good morning ladies and or gents if you are out there. Wow Pati what an odd dream and you are not even on Hhcg. The reason I say that is because for the most part I don't recall my dreams, I know we all dream but I rarely recall my dreams but when I am on Hhcg my dreams are very clear and I remember them the next morning. I wonder what the little boy on the lap means? Gracie do you have something you haven't told us yet?I do hope it's not indication that Gracie will do a lovely round of Hhcg only to find that there may be an additional surprise to doing it beyond weight loss. Pati, you and Deb have some full days don't you? Gracie and Julie your days seem to be busy with kids and other activities also. Shari you put in a lot of hard work also. I hope your week is going well and that you all just keep plugging along. Jen I hope you are enjoying yourself on your vacation, can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

I got back to the gym this morning with the hubster and it felt good. I almost, almost didn't go but hubby encouraged me and we worked out with the cardio machines for about and hour and then we both used the dry heat room. It felt nice knowing we did it together and encouraging one another is nice as well. My eating is still LC but I am really considering Atkins 72 come the 1st of September and see if I can stick it out. I had the most wonderful tea today by Lipton. It is a green tea superfruit with purple Acai and blueberry, it was quite good. Well lovelies gotta get going and get other things done in my life so everyone had a wonderful Thursday.
Well Magie I may get divorced if that happens!!! DH had a vasectomy right after Erin was born because he was 40 with a newborn! And it better not have to do with my DS and his GF That is my biggest fear EVER!!!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:36 AM   #2147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well Magie I may get divorced if that happens!!! DH had a vasectomy right after Erin was born because he was 40 with a newborn! And it better not have to do with my DS and his GF That is my biggest fear EVER!!!
That's right, I forgot he was a bit older when your daughter was born. Oh goodness I understand your concern about your teenage son such a hard time for all when they are teenagers. Parenting is something else, just when you have one stage figured out another one begins. You're a good mom so try not to fear too much.

Last edited by MagieDen; 08-28-2014 at 09:43 AM..
Old 08-28-2014, 09:40 AM   #2148

Quote:
That's right, I forgot he was a bit older when your daughter was born. Oh goodness I understand your concern about your teenage son such a hard time for all when they are teenagers. Parenting is something else, just when you have one stage figured out another one begins. You're a mom so try not to fear too much.
Thanks Magie! We always talk to our son about the big S. We make sure he isn't uncomfortable talking about it. We encourage waiting until you are truly in love and OLDER.

My DD on the other hand is so secretive. I can't even talk to her about getting TOM. She gets really mad and storms away. I have a feeling she is going to be a challenge!!!
Old 08-29-2014, 05:25 AM   #2149

hey ladies, happy Friday!

Heading out of town (home) for a cookout, definitely not looking forward to traveling with 50 million other people this weekend but I haven't been home since the holidays so can't bail on this one LOL. But the bigger picture is that I'm really grateful that I have family and loved ones that I can look forward to seeing and spending time with. I braved the scale and YIKES!! I've definitely gained weight, I thought I was maintaining based upon my clothes but that was certainly not a good indicator UGH! I don't know what to do either, I want to do hcg but then I fight it mentally on the other hand because I'm so tired of restrictions related to dieting. But I don't like how I feel/look so the thought that I could be down to a more comfortable weight in 3 weeks appeal to me too. I want a 'break' but it seems I can't take a break w/o gaining so I'm having to lose the same pounds over and over. Can you see crazy my thoughts are? I'm a mess So torn... I'll decide what to do based upon how I feel Sunday.

Pati~too funny! Hopefully you'll get some rest this long weekend...you're so busy with school, transitioning with new boss and duties at work, then of course the never ending 'job' of being mom and wife. Whatever you decide, let it be something that won't stress you out more.

Maggie~good for you for pushing yourself and going with hubby! Thanks for the heads up about the tea, I love drinking tea throughout the day so I'll try it.

Julie~safe travels visiting family this weekend. Happy to see that you're feeling good about yourself and you're so focused with planning and monitoring yourself. Have fun!

Gracie~wow, I can see how Ricky is torn...she seems to be going through daily hormone changes, but treating him so mean isn't good. It's hard to parent when our kids now can make up their own mind and choose to do something different than what we're advising them about. I fear sometimes losing this type of control, but this is how they also learn life experiences. Funny about Pati's dream...neither of those scenarios look good LOL so maybe it mean the weight loss is the 'baby' you're holding...you've taken it off your body and holding 'the pounds' in your hand??!!! Yup, I can stretch it far out there!!! I can understand your dilemma about doing a round now, with cheerleading and football games every weekend it could be challenging.... think on it and do what works for you.

Deb~ hope you have a relaxing weekend whatever you're doing.

well I've written a book so I guess I'll go and get ready for work. BBL...

ETA: I remembered I meant to comment about Erin...she is soooo cute!! I can't believe she's in school now, time flies! She's such a mini you, Gracie...beautiful!

Last edited by shari; 08-29-2014 at 05:29 AM..
Old 08-29-2014, 05:37 AM   #2150

Quote:
Hi peeps! It's Friday Eve, thank God!!! Erin went to her first day of Kindergarten this morning. I cried She's my baby and I can't believe she's in full day school already. I'll attach a picture. It ended up not being strep but hand, foot, and mouth virus. She stopped the antibiotics and just let the virus run it's course. Her poor little throat was covered in blisters.

So, DS's girlfriend texted him last night that she missed him and still loved him. I just don't understand? She was here on Monday night to break up and she won't even look at him in school. He did not answer her text. I told him this needs to end as it's not healthy!!! Do you think she just likes drama or what? They have been together for a long time - since March 2013. Too serious for 15 year olds IMO. I just feel so bad for him because I know it's confusing!!! And he has his first football tomorrow night so he needs to have his head on straight!!!

Yesterday was an UD and I kept it under control. I focused on low-carb and kept treats to a minimum. I was starving before dinner (had dinner very late) so I grabbed a couple handfuls of Golden Grahams. That was the only sweets I had yesterday. I had coffee/cream for breaky, bunless quarter pounder and THM chocolate cake for lunch, ribs for dinner. All in all , pretty good. Today is a DD and I'm fasting as long as possible. I fasted yesterday too until about 2:00 pm and then ate a regular UD. I will weigh tomorrow to see if I have any progress.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday eve!!!
Young love can be so heartbreaking!!.. sorry he is going through this .. Congrats on staying on your plan!.. Better than I am!..
Old 08-29-2014, 05:38 AM   #2151

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Good Morning Loves!

Pati, I am also leaning towards a month of Atkins If I could just get my rear in gear!!.. Also thinking HCG .. oh boy... Have a great Labor Day weekend!!..
Old 08-29-2014, 05:41 AM   #2152

Quote:

Maggie I so envy your time with the Hubbs and going to the gym together!! at my age I should be enjoying the simple pleasures more.. however I married a much younger man without much money and it has been up to me to support the family at times... OH WELL.. he is doing fantastic now and so am I... so I really really cannot complain! ENJOY THOUGH!!!

I love Atkins 72 and lose very well on it, HOWEVER.. then my crazy mind starts thinking I need fruit and I do kinda crave it after a few days.. the hard part is STICKING IT OUT!! past the cravings and then it was smooth sailing for me before.. can it happen again?. not sure, but maybe..

Enjoy your weekend!!
Old 08-29-2014, 05:42 AM   #2153

Quote:
Forgot to post pic!!!

Erin's first day of Kindergarten...
She is such a DOLL!!!! I would cry too...
Old 08-29-2014, 05:45 AM   #2154

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
hey ladies, happy Friday!

Heading out of town (home) for a cookout, definitely not looking forward to traveling with 50 million other people this weekend but I haven't been home since the holidays so can't bail on this one LOL. But the bigger picture is that I'm really grateful that I have family and loved ones that I can look forward to seeing and spending time with. I braved the scale and YIKES!! I've definitely gained weight, I thought I was maintaining based upon my clothes but that was certainly not a good indicator UGH! I don't know what to do either, I want to do hcg but then I fight it mentally on the other hand because I'm so tired of restrictions related to dieting. But I don't like how I feel/look so the thought that I could be down to a more comfortable weight in 3 weeks appeal to me too. I want a 'break' but it seems I can't take a break w/o gaining so I'm having to lose the same pounds over and over. Can you see crazy my thoughts are? I'm a mess So torn... I'll decide what to do based upon how I feel Sunday.

Pati~too funny! Hopefully you'll get some rest this long weekend...you're so busy with school, transitioning with new boss and duties at work, then of course the never ending 'job' of being mom and wife. Whatever you decide, let it be something that won't stress you out more.

Maggie~good for you for pushing yourself and going with hubby! Thanks for the heads up about the tea, I love drinking tea throughout the day so I'll try it.

Julie~safe travels visiting family this weekend. Happy to see that you're feeling good about yourself and you're so focused with planning and monitoring yourself. Have fun!

Gracie~wow, I can see how Ricky is torn...she seems to be going through daily hormone changes, but treating him so mean isn't good. It's hard to parent when our kids now can make up their own mind and choose to do something different than what we're advising them about. I fear sometimes losing this type of control, but this is how they also learn life experiences. Funny about Pati's dream...neither of those scenarios look good LOL so maybe it mean the weight loss is the 'baby' you're holding...you've taken it off your body and holding 'the pounds' in your hand??!!! Yup, I can stretch it far out there!!! I can understand your dilemma about doing a round now, with cheerleading and football games every weekend it could be challenging.... think on it and do what works for you.

Deb~ hope you have a relaxing weekend whatever you're doing.

well I've written a book so I guess I'll go and get ready for work. BBL...

ETA: I remembered I meant to comment about Erin...she is soooo cute!! I can't believe she's in school now, time flies! She's such a mini you, Gracie...beautiful!

Shari, I could have written that part verbatim.. WOW.. we really do think alike... This is my problem and I have to solve it!!!

Enjoy your family!! you are so right.. be grateful for them and the time you have with them.. I miss my Dad alot...

I plan to relax this weekend and no work for 3 days!! NOT EVEN GONNA CHECK MY EMAIL... haha.. work loves to follow me home.. not this weekend though!!..

Have a lovely safe weekend!!
Old 08-29-2014, 05:46 AM   #2155

Quote:

Julie, hope you have a WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!! you warrier!.. Keep up the great work and keep getting stronger.. enjoy LIFE.. so impressed with how you have done...
Old 08-29-2014, 06:23 AM   #2156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's Friday - Woot Woot!

Hey Gracie, Deb, Julie, Jen & Shari(I hope I got everybody ) I hope your Friday is going well? It seems we all keep searching for what works best for us in this journey to getting healthy, so we are in good company. The weekend is upon us and it can be a slippery slope when it comes to our woe, so let's all try to be as careful as we can with our eating(talking to myself here). I am mentally preparing myself to give Atkins 72 a go but I will vary it if eating out or like for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I want to stick to it as close as I can but not brow beat myself if I have a slip up or two or three or..... you get the picture. Anyway just wanted to say to have a good weekend with family and friends and that as long as we keep swimming or treading water it is better than doing nothing at all. Hang in there everyone and I'll see you on the other side of the shore.

I forgot Pati, I was actually saving the best for last!

15877-just-take-one-day-at-a-time-really-that-is-all-we-can-do.jpg

Last edited by MagieDen; 08-29-2014 at 06:29 AM..
Old 08-29-2014, 06:33 AM   #2157

Happy Friday loves!!! Tonight is DS's first football game and I'm so excited!!! It was voted the Channel 11 Game of the Week so they will be covering it on television. Hoping he plays like a beast Yesterday started out as a great DD but then the night monster got me. I was watching tv and had 3 cookies and a bite of peanut butter pie Stress seems to make me crave sugar

We are heading to the lake on Saturday after both of DD's cheer games. Hoping to be there by 5-6 pm. I need some relaxation!!!!

Excited for the booster bus tonight to the game! Some people are meeting at 4:00 at a local pub but I don't think I can get there. That's too early for me! I'd be a hot mess by game time at 7

Shari ~ My weight is up too and I can't seem to be able to get it off. I hate the thought of hcg but it may be my only hope. I'm hovering around 205 and I hate it. Maybe after Labor Day I'll bite the bullet and do a short round.

Deb ~ Looks like we're all in the same boat!! I just want to eat AND be skinny Is that too much to ask for???

Magie ~ Have a great time away!!! You're right, we're all struggling to find something that works. I've been JUDDD'ing for weeks now and I'm not losing anything. It's very discouraging!!!

Julie ~ How's everything going? You're an exercise warrior! I'll bet you have some nice muscle tone. Any exciting plans for the weekend?

Pati ~ So what did you dream last night??? How did I look 30 pounds lighter? Bet I was pretty HAWT

Everyone have a wonderful weekend and stay safe!!!
Old 08-29-2014, 08:23 AM   #2158
Big Yapper!!!!

Read-hope you all have a good weekend and find a solid lifestyle that works well. It's such a challenge to balance it all!!!

Quick check in from my phone. Trip's going well so far. Didn't sleep well my first night, eating out too much, enjoying time w/dh's family, lots if kind words, love my new SIL-to-be. Weather stinks though, pouring!! They're moving the wedding and reception inside for Sunday-feel bad for the disappointed bride , but it'll still be lovely.

Supposed to go out on the lake Sat (if the weather accommodates us). Very blessed with good in laws and family!
Old 08-31-2014, 04:27 PM   #2159

Quote:
Read-hope you all have a good weekend and find a solid lifestyle that works well. It's such a challenge to balance it all!!!

Quick check in from my phone. Trip's going well so far. Didn't sleep well my first night, eating out too much, enjoying time w/dh's family, lots if kind words, love my new SIL-to-be. Weather stinks though, pouring!! They're moving the wedding and reception inside for Sunday-feel bad for the disappointed bride , but it'll still be lovely.

Supposed to go out on the lake Sat (if the weather accommodates us). Very blessed with good in laws and family!
Julie, glad you are enjoying your trip!! Hope the wedding went well today, did it rain? Enjoy the family!!

I have decided to start Atkins tomorrow. This past week I have eaten 5 watermelons.. yes, 5!!! I am out of control on the carbs and sweet taste, even if it is fruit!..

So!! tomorrow it is!! I am actually excited to get things back under control.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:33 PM   #2160

Quote:
Hey Gracie, Deb, Julie, Jen & Shari(I hope I got everybody ) I hope your Friday is going well? It seems we all keep searching for what works best for us in this journey to getting healthy, so we are in good company. The weekend is upon us and it can be a slippery slope when it comes to our woe, so let's all try to be as careful as we can with our eating(talking to myself here). I am mentally preparing myself to give Atkins 72 a go but I will vary it if eating out or like for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I want to stick to it as close as I can but not brow beat myself if I have a slip up or two or three or..... you get the picture. Anyway just wanted to say to have a good weekend with family and friends and that as long as we keep swimming or treading water it is better than doing nothing at all. Hang in there everyone and I'll see you on the other side of the shore.

I forgot Pati, I was actually saving the best for last!

Attachment 55175
I am excited for you and Akins 72!! I am starting tomorrow also, but I am going to do net carbs for fiber and I guess if you don't count total carbs you are not doing Atkins 72 they get pretty touchy about that..

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!!

Quote:
Happy Friday loves!!! Tonight is DS's first football game and I'm so excited!!! It was voted the Channel 11 Game of the Week so they will be covering it on television. Hoping he plays like a beast Yesterday started out as a great DD but then the night monster got me. I was watching tv and had 3 cookies and a bite of peanut butter pie Stress seems to make me crave sugar

We are heading to the lake on Saturday after both of DD's cheer games. Hoping to be there by 5-6 pm. I need some relaxation!!!!

Excited for the booster bus tonight to the game! Some people are meeting at 4:00 at a local pub but I don't think I can get there. That's too early for me! I'd be a hot mess by game time at 7

Shari ~ My weight is up too and I can't seem to be able to get it off. I hate the thought of hcg but it may be my only hope. I'm hovering around 205 and I hate it. Maybe after Labor Day I'll bite the bullet and do a short round.

Deb ~ Looks like we're all in the same boat!! I just want to eat AND be skinny Is that too much to ask for???

Magie ~ Have a great time away!!! You're right, we're all struggling to find something that works. I've been JUDDD'ing for weeks now and I'm not losing anything. It's very discouraging!!!

Julie ~ How's everything going? You're an exercise warrior! I'll bet you have some nice muscle tone. Any exciting plans for the weekend?

Pati ~ So what did you dream last night??? How did I look 30 pounds lighter? Bet I was pretty HAWT

Everyone have a wonderful weekend and stay safe!!!
How was the game Friday night? Hope all went well !! Did your boy play a good game? I am sure it was! I hope you are having a nice holiday!!

Pati, Shari, Jen and whomever I missed have a fabulous time with Family and Friends!!
Closed Thread