Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 09:19 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/236.6/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
All this talk of food is making me hungry...lol. I cannot wait til I can have some soft food. Liquids suck! They suck suck suck. I tried to drink a protein shake....gross. My taste buds are so far off right now. So, I've been living off of juices. I'm thinking about getting some Popsicles because I am so thirsty all the time. I'm curious to see what the scale says, but will wait until my weigh in on Tuesday at the clinic. I plan to follow you ladies because you are so motivating. It's refreshing and I'm glad you allow me to join in the fun
Mini goal #1 228 by 10/31/2014
Mini goal #2 218 by 11/30/2014
Mini goal #3 208 by 12/31/2014
Mini goal #4 198 by 1/31/2014 happy anniversary!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...g-journey.html

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2014, 09:24 AM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
All this talk of food is making me hungry...lol. I cannot wait til I can have some soft food. Liquids suck! They suck suck suck. I tried to drink a protein shake....gross. My taste buds are so far off right now. So, I've been living off of juices. I'm thinking about getting some Popsicles because I am so thirsty all the time. I'm curious to see what the scale says, but will wait until my weigh in on Tuesday at the clinic. I plan to follow you ladies because you are so motivating. It's refreshing and I'm glad you allow me to join in the fun
Jen!!! I just can't imagine the liquid diet. I guess because I am such a FOODIE.. but hey! You are doing what needs to be done this week, and I am so proud of you!!..

You should get some Popsicles! Always yummy. So what do they say about getting protein in? Is it just the shakes that you can have for protein?

When do you get to add something more substantial? Is it mushy type stuff next ? Yep, I have researched WLS alot, but don't know all the specifics of what your doc allows. I have also heard of the taste bud changes, and that seems wierd! But it seems to happen to most people. At least it does change eventually from what I read.

Anyhooo!!! You have a great weekend, and I will eat something for you..
Old 03-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
I've been dreaming of food all day! And I can't eat until Saturday morning at 6:44 am, but who's counting???

Thanks for being our cheering squad!!! And yes, butter, sour cream, cheese glorious cheese!!! And whipped cream And some sugar free chocolate or maybe your fudge recipe. Can you tell I want FOOD?
You guys keep me motivated ! I would be getting up at 6:43 am for some real food !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Do they have specific liquids for you to have ? I had an endoscopic procedure and was on a modified liquid diet for a week. I was allowed chicken and beef broth and later cream of chicken soup. I also had V-8 and Atkins protein drinks. Later, when I felt hungrier, I added cream to the broths and even to my Atkins drink.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:33 PM   #184

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi peeps! I'm so happy it's Friday And, yes I will be eating some yummies around 6:44 am tomorrow I'm really hungry today too. And I feel like I'm getting a sinus headache - BOOOO. Tomorrow is our fundraising event which is usually a blast. Hoping to win something this year!!!

Scale was up today, no idea why? I ate dinner way later than usual because I had to go grocery shopping. I didn't eat dinner til about 8 pm. I'm hoping that's the reason for the blip up. I was 200.2 this morning. Onederland is playing hide and seek with me

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!!
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 03-08-2014, 12:10 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/236.6/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
You guys keep me motivated ! I would be getting up at 6:43 am for some real food !

Do they have specific liquids for you to have ? I had an endoscopic procedure and was on a modified liquid diet for a week. I was allowed chicken and beef broth and later cream of chicken soup. I also had V-8 and Atkins protein drinks. Later, when I felt hungrier, I added cream to the broths and even to my Atkins drink.
My doctor is pretty cool. He said I can have whatever I want as long as I can suck it through a straw. So I can have shakes, smoothies, Popsicles, soups (well blended), and juices. I want to chew something so badly...lol
My stomach is grumbling right now...time to grab some tomato bisque soup.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #186

Tomato bisque! Yummo!!

I had my nice ribeye and am stuffed to the gills.. I didn't want to eat that much, but It was that good. Now is the time I need to reel it in and keep portions in check. I don't want to gain anything during this PI. So far so good, and am at 187.

Hope everyone is doing great!!!!
Old 03-08-2014, 09:05 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Doglovingal
hi everyone,

I am new to the hgc diet. I have a long history of carb addiction, yo yo dieting, and have been on pretty much every diet known to man. After awhile, I gave up dieting and my weight stabilized, albeit much higher than I'd like. I had previously been on adipex for appetite control, and it worked, so I was planning on doing that and low carb..... until the dr I went to in order to get the adipex recommend hcg also. I'm on R1P2vlcd 8. I am not sure exactly how many pounds I'm down, but it's at least 10. I started out of town, on a business trip, and had no scale for the first 3 days! I'm not sure how long i will be in p2, and am apprehensive about maintenance. I'm doing prescription injections from the dr.

it's wonderful to read about others succeess and challenges, you are all doing great!
Old 03-09-2014, 02:28 PM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglovingal View Post
hi everyone,

I am new to the hgc diet. I have a long history of carb addiction, yo yo dieting, and have been on pretty much every diet known to man. After awhile, I gave up dieting and my weight stabilized, albeit much higher than I'd like. I had previously been on adipex for appetite control, and it worked, so I was planning on doing that and low carb..... until the dr I went to in order to get the adipex recommend hcg also. I'm on R1P2vlcd 8. I am not sure exactly how many pounds I'm down, but it's at least 10. I started out of town, on a business trip, and had no scale for the first 3 days! I'm not sure how long i will be in p2, and am apprehensive about maintenance. I'm doing prescription injections from the dr.

it's wonderful to read about others succeess and challenges, you are all doing great!

Glad you came by to join us! Sounds like you are doing great! Are you taking the adipex with hcg? Do you have any appetite at all? I am interested in hearing how you are doing.

Please stick around!!
Old 03-09-2014, 11:06 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

thank you! Yes, I'm on adipex too (and weekly b12 injections). Am I hungry? Most of the time, no. Although, there has been a couple nights when I was ravenous, and was sitting on the couch listening to my stomach growl. but 98% of the time, im not. I am considerably less tolerant of any physical exertion (even vacuuming). I have all my food preportioned and weigh myself daily. so far so good, down again today. The thing is, I travel a LOT, for a week or so, so I am going to have to get really creative if I am going to be successful. I know the general advice is to wait until your life is calm to do a round. ... but that's not a possibility for me.

Thanks for the welcome, I'm interested in your journey as well knowing what you know now, any tips for a newbie?
Old 03-10-2014, 04:24 AM   #190

Quote:
thank you! Yes, I'm on adipex too (and weekly b12 injections). Am I hungry? Most of the time, no. Although, there has been a couple nights when I was ravenous, and was sitting on the couch listening to my stomach growl. but 98% of the time, im not. I am considerably less tolerant of any physical exertion (even vacuuming). I have all my food preportioned and weigh myself daily. so far so good, down again today. The thing is, I travel a LOT, for a week or so, so I am going to have to get really creative if I am going to be successful. I know the general advice is to wait until your life is calm to do a round. ... but that's not a possibility for me.

Thanks for the welcome, I'm interested in your journey as well knowing what you know now, any tips for a newbie?
Thank you for sharing! I can't imagine having to travel and do P2. Wow. You are doing so well with this in any case. I also do not feel like doing any kind of workout, including housecleaning during P2.

I think this is pretty normal. I would love to have more of an appetite suppression than I normally do in P2. I don't go through a doctor though, so doubt I would be able to get them. I did order some B12 shots, so I would love if it would help.

I have been enjoying my Planned Interruption, but I am very much wanting to continue losing. I am seriously thinking of starting my next P2 this week. This morning 188.8 after getting up so early and probably eating too much this weekend. That is .8 above my LIW which is fine. I just want to LOSE and get it done.

This lady's videos are SO INSPIRING! She has had a life that I cannot even imagine, and yet, she has pushed on, and lost her weight in a year. If anyone has time to listen to her, or watch her videos, I promise it is worth it in inspiration. I am on video 99 in her series of about 254 videos so far.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:15 AM   #191

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Yikes!! Can't believe it's been days since I've posted, and it's Monday already?!! Where did the weekend go? TOM started today so I'm a bit bloated and outside of my window too, 178.6... 2lbs over, so I'm going to watch closely what I'm eating as I know I've been overeating and my appetite seems to have increased because of TOM. I've been enjoying P3 food though!!

Doglovingal! You're doing very well thus far, stay with us as we're a very supportive group and love company.

Deb~ I may start P2 again this week too...just wanna get through Tom first though, ugh

Gracie, Shebasmudder and Jen...quick hello and Happy Monday! I'll BBL today to post more.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:18 AM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Yikes!! Can't believe it's been days since I've posted, and it's Monday already?!! Where did the weekend go? TOM started today so I'm a bit bloated and outside of my window too, 178.6... 2lbs over, so I'm going to watch closely what I'm eating as I know I've been overeating and my appetite seems to have increased because of TOM. I've been enjoying P3 food though!!

Doglovingal! You're doing very well thus far, stay with us as we're a very supportive group and love company.

Deb~ I may start P2 again this week too...just wanna get through Tom first though, ugh

Gracie, Shebasmudder and Jen...quick hello and Happy Monday! I'll BBL today to post more.

Glad you checked in Shari!! Yep, TOM will do that to ya! .. get him out of the house, and you will be more ready for P2
Old 03-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #193

Ok, have a little break. Deb, thanks for posting the video...I'll listen to it while doing my paperwork today.

Oops posted before I finished...

Gracie~ hope you're doing well in PI. When will you start again?

Jen~ So happy that your surgery was very successful. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress while melting away. Great idea taking a before pic, it's so motivating to see for yourself how much weight you've lost.

Shebasmudder~how's it going today? Hope your BS levels have continued to improve.

Last edited by shari; 03-10-2014 at 08:31 AM..
Old 03-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #194

Quote:
Ok, have a little break. Deb, thanks for posting the video...I'll listen to it while doing my paperwork today.
I think you will really like her, she has such a story!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 04:00 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

The videos on youtube have been indispensable for me so far. So many awesome people on there sharing their stories. Personally I have not told ANYONE in my life I am doing hcg. So I don't think putting it out on youtube is in the cards for me right now.

Last night I went to bed hungry, woke up even hungrier. Took 1/2 adipex didn't do anything. This was physical hunger, not emotional. So, I had an apple which barely grazed it- then a nectarine, and another much smaller apple (not all at once, over a 3 hr window, when the hunger would just not let up). This is the furthest from plan I've been (with the nectarine) so far and I'm not going to sweat it. Ate a good P2 lunch, I'm still hungry but dinner is soon. I guess your body builds up a tolerance to adipex if you've been on it before. Maybe my body's just catching up and is cranky... I don't know. Here's hoping for a less-hungry day tomorrow.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:12 PM   #196

Hi peeps! I was off today and busy running around. Today I'm sticking to protein and fat. My weight was up a smidge because I ate too much yesterday. I'm not sweating it! I did a T-Tapp DVD today - GO ME!!! I'm also chugging water and Crystal Lite iced tea.

I'm posting from my phone so sorry for any mistakes.

See ya tomorrow!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 04:15 PM   #197

Oh gosh!! I hope you have a better day tomorrow! I hate being hungry so much!!.. That is the hardest thing for me on P2, is hunger. At least at first. After the physical hunger subsides, then my head hunger tries to take over.. hate that!..

You did good though, at least what you ate is good food.. I am sure it won't hurt you. I am like you too, I would never put out a video, but I sure love watching them!
Old 03-10-2014, 04:22 PM   #198

Quote:
Hi peeps! I was off today and busy running around. Today I'm sticking to protein and fat. My weight was up a smidge because I ate too much yesterday. I'm not sweating it! I did a T-Tapp DVD today - GO ME!!! I'm also chugging water and Crystal Lite iced tea.

I'm posting from my phone so sorry for any mistakes.

See ya tomorrow!!!
Great job Gracie!! You are right, don't sweat it!!
Old 03-11-2014, 04:57 AM   #199

GM ladies!

Doglovingal~you did great to eat extra fruit...hope you're feeling better today. Are you following the original Simeons protocol? I ask because there are varying plans with hcg.

Deb~I see she has a lot of videos...I didn't have time to listen yesterday as planned but it's on my list of 'to do' today. I'm psyching myself for another round, don't know when I'll start just yet.

Gracie~it seems we all overate a bit this weekend. Look at you..working it out!! Wonderful!!

I'm down 1.6 today so almost back within my window. Loving PI/P3!
Old 03-11-2014, 05:49 AM   #200

Quote:
GM ladies!

Doglovingal~you did great to eat extra fruit...hope you're feeling better today. Are you following the original Simeons protocol? I ask because there are varying plans with hcg.

Deb~I see she has a lot of videos...I didn't have time to listen yesterday as planned but it's on my list of 'to do' today. I'm psyching myself for another round, don't know when I'll start just yet.

Gracie~it seems we all overate a bit this weekend. Look at you..working it out!! Wonderful!!

I'm down 1.6 today so almost back within my window. Loving PI/P3!
Wow Shari!! Great loss girl! I know what you mean about not being sure when to start. I want the most success possible. I may just get one last weekend in, then go next week. We shall see!

188 this morning, it seems to be my stopping point for now.. oh well...
Old 03-11-2014, 07:21 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Went to bed early last night, woke up feeling my normal non-hungry self and down another 0.8. Pre-portioned all my meals for this week.

Shari- Mostly the original Dr. S's version. My doctor has her own version she puts people on thats very similar to the original- just no melba toast. 2 fruits, 2 veggies, and 2 proteins each day (totaling 500 cals). Inject every day regardless of TOM. The whole point of me doing this isn't just to drop lbs but to learn how to eat right so I've been toying with ingredients and made some pretty good P2 soups, etc. Then I ask myself- how could I make this P3 friendly? I think I want my WOE to resemble a fattier, more vegetable-heavy P2- Forever. But, one day at a time.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:25 AM   #202

Good morning! Still in my PI and doing well. I'm probably going to cycle back into P2 on Monday. I have a few weeks where I don't have much on my social calendar and I'd like to lose more weight. When is everyone else planning on hopping back on P2?

Welcome Doglovingal!

Where is LoLo?
Old 03-11-2014, 07:28 AM   #203

Quote:
Good morning! Still in my PI and doing well. I'm probably going to cycle back into P2 on Monday. I have a few weeks where I don't have much on my social calendar and I'd like to lose more weight. When is everyone else planning on hopping back on P2?

Welcome Doglovingal!

Where is LoLo?
I am pretty sure I am going back on Monday.. I want one last weekend of yummy fat...

Glad you are doing well Gracie!
Old 03-11-2014, 07:29 AM   #204

Quote:
Went to bed early last night, woke up feeling my normal non-hungry self and down another 0.8. Pre-portioned all my meals for this week.

Shari- Mostly the original Dr. S's version. My doctor has her own version she puts people on thats very similar to the original- just no melba toast. 2 fruits, 2 veggies, and 2 proteins each day (totaling 500 cals). Inject every day regardless of TOM. The whole point of me doing this isn't just to drop lbs but to learn how to eat right so I've been toying with ingredients and made some pretty good P2 soups, etc. Then I ask myself- how could I make this P3 friendly? I think I want my WOE to resemble a fattier, more vegetable-heavy P2- Forever. But, one day at a time.
That is wonderful that you feel good today. Hunger is AWFUL!!!!

Being prepared is the way to go! I like your idea of looking to the long term future, even if you are not there yet..
Old 03-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #205

Doglovingal~I like your doc To keep the weight off, we have to stick with better, healthier eating so y'all are right on point. If only it was that easy...really, it's very easy to understand but darn it...what a habit to break

Deb~188 is still really good..isn't it only 1 pound up from LDW?

Gracie~ I miss Lo too. I was thinking of sending her a text, maybe I should? I just don't want to feel like I'm bothering her or pushing it on her...we all know how mentally hard it can be.

I'm starting Monday too.... I have a baby shower to go to next Saturday, but that's the only obligation/outing I have. Track starts on the 29th...now that will be very, very hard to do in P2. I mean, we really go all out...we basically have a cookout (at certain schools where able) with lawn chairs and tents for the kids. We rotate who will bring breakfast...danishes, muffins, coffee, etc for morning then meats and side dishes for the afternoon as we're literally there from 7:45am-5-6pm...we have a lot of schools that participate. So as you can see, P3 is doable but P2 could be an epic fail...don't ask me how I know So I'm trying to decide should I just tough it out for 2 track Saturdays or just call it sooner. I'll decide along the way

Last edited by shari; 03-11-2014 at 08:42 AM..
Old 03-11-2014, 09:02 AM   #206

OMG Deb...I'm gonna get you!! You didn't warn me I'd need a tissue for that video...TOM is here so I weep at any emotional event, even happy moments

Seriously, I can so relate to her story as I struggled with serious emotional eating when my ex and I separated too, and I found myself being a 'single' mother of two young kids when I realized that I was truly done in our relationship...I didn't know how to handle that without using food.
Her story is inspiring, now I'm going to watch her other videos. Thanks for recommending this
Old 03-11-2014, 09:05 AM   #207

Quote:
OMG Deb...I'm gonna get you!! You didn't warn me I'd need a tissue for that video...TOM is here so I weep at any emotional event, even happy moments

Seriously, I can so relate to her story as I struggled with serious emotional eating when my ex and I separated too, and I found myself being a 'single' mother of two young kids when I realized that I was truly done in our relationship...I didn't know how to handle that without using food.
Her story is inspiring, now I'm going to watch her other videos. Thanks for recommending this
Sorry!!!... Yes, her story is so emotional and she is such an inspiration for me, I don't even know what to say! I am on video 156 today, and she is still making me cry and laugh... What a wonderful set of videos!!!!

I hope others will watch them also, she is proof that you can overcome so many things and reach your goals!!
Old 03-11-2014, 09:05 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Yaaay for more people hopping in the P2 boat soon! it's always nice to go have others going through the same thing.

Thank you Grace and Shari for the warm welcome (and everyone too)

This P2, I started on a business trip. I came home and it was our anniversary that day. My husband had cleaned the entire house, there was a fireplace, soft jazz, he bought our fav 2 bottles of wine and an expensive box of chocolates. I looked at it all and it took EVERYTHING in me to say... I love you but... you can have my half. He looked at me like I was from another planet. I am going away this Sat for 8 days, first to a conference in Vegas where I've already been invited to several wine & cheese evening get togethers. I need to go, because I need to network, but this is going to be another tough week. Following that is 3 days in another town with people I haven't seen in a long time- we always go out for lunches together so that again will be tough. But this is my life, I barely if ever get 3 weeks at home so I figured I might as well just cling my my stubborn, iron-clad will and drive it home. VLCD11 today so I've got awhile to go.

Love reading about all your threads & journeys so far. You are all doing awesome! very motivating to read through.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #209

Quote:
Yaaay for more people hopping in the P2 boat soon! it's always nice to go have others going through the same thing.

Thank you Grace and Shari for the warm welcome (and everyone too)

This P2, I started on a business trip. I came home and it was our anniversary that day. My husband had cleaned the entire house, there was a fireplace, soft jazz, he bought our fav 2 bottles of wine and an expensive box of chocolates. I looked at it all and it took EVERYTHING in me to say... I love you but... you can have my half. He looked at me like I was from another planet. I am going away this Sat for 8 days, first to a conference in Vegas where I've already been invited to several wine & cheese evening get togethers. I need to go, because I need to network, but this is going to be another tough week. Following that is 3 days in another town with people I haven't seen in a long time- we always go out for lunches together so that again will be tough. But this is my life, I barely if ever get 3 weeks at home so I figured I might as well just cling my my stubborn, iron-clad will and drive it home. VLCD11 today so I've got awhile to go.

Love reading about all your threads & journeys so far. You are all doing awesome! very motivating to read through.
WOW!! I bow to you!.. that is amazing!!! Turning down that was something I probably would not have done, only because I am weak..

I think you doing this with all this travel and still do P2, is just amazing! I look forward to hear how you do this round, and how you handle these situations. You go girl!..
Old 03-11-2014, 09:11 AM   #210

Yes so true, Deb

Doglovingal~my hat of off to you I'm just trying to mentally prepare for a day here and there in P2 that I may be tempted, but you're doing P2 while traveling and meeting friends..plus didn't eat off plan on your anniversary?! YOU my dear, are inspiring!

ETA: LOL, Deb we used the same emoticon basically saying the same thing...but it's true!

Last edited by shari; 03-11-2014 at 09:13 AM..
Closed Thread