Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #2011
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
Such cute girls, thanks for sharing! I love, love Erin's toothless smiles

The authors are Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer...

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2014, 11:27 AM   #2012
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/25%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey everyone!

Maggie~how fun with hubby, and I agree with Deb, do the best you can but most of all enjoy quality time spent with hubby. Congrats on doing so well your first week on Stillmans! You can be the crazy grandma all you want...it's your first grandbaby how exciting!!

Deb~congrats on getting back down to pre-party weight! LOL @ boring, yup...that's the way it's gotta be when on the juice, but that 'boring' pays off very well.

Jen~hope you feel better today. How are you? Yes, I'm feeling good with my decision to go back to JUDDD because of all the upcoming events going on, less stress! I'm never giving up on losing though so I'm still working on doing well with rotations. You and Pati show how well it works when you work the plan. Guess what? I'm reading something I never thought I'd read, Naturally Thin by Bethanny Frankel (sp). I dismissed her and the thought of reading her book because I know she's on RHONJ (I don't watch that one...) but it's really good! I want to purchase Josie Spinaldi's (sp) book next (not at library). I know I have issues with food and JUDDD helps me to address this by making no food off limit, listening to my hunger cues, and all the other health benefits. I NEED to stay on this path for now...so much work to do internally...better stop now before I get on my soapbox LOL.

Pati, Julie, and Gracie~hope you are all well today!
I too like your soapbox!! Please share what you're learning! I've been reading a lot too and reaching similar conclusions. Tom Venuto's book, Lyle McDonald's blog, some training boards, NROLFW...trying to find that healthy balance in life. Fitness, health, food choices, self control without deprivation.... We're all a work in progress. Sounds like Juddd and the fasting times empowers and frees you all at the same time. The weight loss is a definite bonus!
I'm definitely on a exercise roll! I hope nothing derails me this time-car accident, broken toe...

Deb-glad you're more than half way through!! Looking forward to your weigh in! Thanks! I'm actually enjoying it, doesn't feel like a sacrifice or hassle, which is nice.

Gracie-such cute kids! Good for ds! He's getting built! lifting and training hard really pays off. Dd(14) should do some lifting with the volleyball team (assuming she makes it, tryouts are next week). I worry she'll get injured though-her joints are loose and she is still growing. She's been injured off and on the past few years. I'll try for some shots of my new muscles .
Great job of good eating on the run! So hard!

Sweat like a best today at Zumba! Woot, woot! even did some ab work afterwards. I'm thankful for a heathy body (finally! Neck still a bit sore) and this opportunity to workout. I'm trying to look at it as a gift, not a chore . Off to find stuff for CA. All my new cute jeans are long, for wearing with heels. I don't think that's what we'll be doing. I need to find some that can go with flip flops!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
Old 08-06-2014, 12:20 PM   #2013
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Hello my lovely ladies....

So sorry for the lack of personals but I'm DROWNING IN WORK!

Here is where I am:

June #s (started 199. Goal 190. Last weigh in of the month was 190.5)
July # (started 193. Goal 185. Last weigh in of the month was 188.5)
AUGUST GOAL 180

8/1 ~ 190.0 (down day today)
8/2 ~ 186.5 (up day today)
8/3 ~ 188.5 (down day today)
8/4 ~ 188.5 (up day today)
8/5 ~ 189.5 (down day today)
8/6 ~ 187.0 (up day today)

Hoping you are all doing fantabulously well on your plans
Old 08-06-2014, 02:16 PM   #2014

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I too like your soapbox!! Please share what you're learning! I've been reading a lot too and reaching similar conclusions. Tom Venuto's book, Lyle McDonald's blog, some training boards, NROLFW...trying to find that healthy balance in life. Fitness, health, food choices, self control without deprivation.... We're all a work in progress. Sounds like Juddd and the fasting times empowers and frees you all at the same time. The weight loss is a definite bonus!
I'm definitely on a exercise roll! I hope nothing derails me this time-car accident, broken toe...

Deb-glad you're more than half way through!! Looking forward to your weigh in! Thanks! I'm actually enjoying it, doesn't feel like a sacrifice or hassle, which is nice.

Gracie-such cute kids! Good for ds! He's getting built! lifting and training hard really pays off. Dd(14) should do some lifting with the volleyball team (assuming she makes it, tryouts are next week). I worry she'll get injured though-her joints are loose and she is still growing. She's been injured off and on the past few years. I'll try for some shots of my new muscles .
Great job of good eating on the run! So hard!

Sweat like a best today at Zumba! Woot, woot! even did some ab work afterwards. I'm thankful for a heathy body (finally! Neck still a bit sore) and this opportunity to workout. I'm trying to look at it as a gift, not a chore . Off to find stuff for CA. All my new cute jeans are long, for wearing with heels. I don't think that's what we'll be doing. I need to find some that can go with flip flops!
You are in a zone Julie!! Off to CA again? Fun times!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Hello my lovely ladies....

So sorry for the lack of personals but I'm DROWNING IN WORK!

Here is where I am:

AUGUST GOAL 180

Hoping you are all doing fantabulously well on your plans
PATI!! look at you going down the scale! ALSO with all the things you have going on! Sorry you are swamped at work, I can relate.. just do the best you can!.. Are you getting a new boss or are YOU the boss?
Old 08-07-2014, 05:36 AM   #2015

Happy Thursday ladies!

Julie~I agree, and like your statements about appreciating our bodies and remembering at all times that we're blessed to be able to exercise vs. looking at it as a chore...so true, and I know I'm guilty of not doing this often enough. I just started exercising again myself yesterday (last time I did it was on 7/30). It's incredible how days can slip away w/o exercising if you let it...glad you're in the zone! Don't let it get away!!

Pati~WOW, I'm increasingly amazed at your numbers and am so encouraged to keep going. I can see the benefit of recording the numbers daily so the pattern of weight loss is seen with lower numbers. You're doing fantabulously as well!!

Jen, Gracie, Maggie

Jan~hope you're okay, and doing well

Today is a DD, thinking of a Wendy's chili today Continuing to read Bethanny's book, she add wonderful recipes. One she mention for a quick and easy recipe is frozen Butternut squash...using a pat of butter with cinnamon or just S & P. I may do this if needed later for dinner and it's filling. I'm glad you don't mind my soapbox at times .... I can really get on a roll sometimes. Here's a couple quotes from her book that I read last night and for some reason it 'hit' me to work on and do:

"Let yourself be thin. A lot of people have food noise that gets in the way, telling them that they won't ever be thin or that they are more comfortable or more protected if they have an extra layer of fat. Are you letting your weight protect you? Are you afraid to look good? Are you afraid it will be too hard? Are you afraid of giving up your best excuse for why something isn't working in your life? Well you need to cut that out."

"Let yourself let go of the weight you are carrying around like a burden. When you decide to put it down and walk away from it, it will go away."

I bold the last quote because I imagined the fat being dead skin, like skin carcass that snakes shed when new skin has formed...they leave the old shell behind and keep moving on in their new skin. To me, this is how I'm looking at the extra fat I'm carrying around. It's no longer needed (for protection) so why am I carrying around 'dead weight'?

Last edited by shari; 08-07-2014 at 05:39 AM..
Old 08-07-2014, 05:48 AM   #2016

Quote:
Happy Thursday ladies!

Julie~I agree, and like your statements about appreciating our bodies and remembering at all times that we're blessed to be able to exercise vs. looking at it as a chore...so true, and I know I'm guilty of not doing this often enough. I just started exercising again myself yesterday (last time I did it was on 7/30). It's incredible how days can slip away w/o exercising if you let it...glad you're in the zone! Don't let it get away!!

Pati~WOW, I'm increasingly amazed at your numbers and am so encouraged to keep going. I can see the benefit of recording the numbers daily so the pattern of weight loss is seen with lower numbers. You're doing fantabulously as well!!

Jen, Gracie, Maggie

Jan~hope you're okay, and doing well

Today is a DD, thinking of a Wendy's chili today Continuing to read Bethanny's book, she add wonderful recipes. One she mention for a quick and easy recipe is frozen Butternut squash...using a pat of butter with cinnamon or just S & P. I may do this if needed later for dinner and it's filling. I'm glad you don't mind my soapbox at times .... I can really get on a roll sometimes. Here's a couple quotes from her book that I read last night and for some reason it 'hit' me to work on and do:

"Let yourself be thin. A lot of people have food noise that gets in the way, telling them that they won't ever be thin or that they are more comfortable or more protected if they have an extra layer of fat. Are you letting your weight protect you? Are you afraid to look good? Are you afraid it will be too hard? Are you afraid of giving up your best excuse for why something isn't working in your life? Well you need to cut that out."

"Let yourself let go of the weight you are carrying around like a burden. When you decide to put it down and walk away from it, it will go away."

I bold the last quote because I imagined the fat being dead skin, like skin carcass that snakes shed when new skin has formed...they leave the old shell behind and keep moving on in their new skin. To me, this is how I'm looking at the extra fat I'm carrying around. It's no longer needed (for protection) so why am I carrying around 'dead weight'?
Such great advice!! Yes, we know this stuff, but dang, why don't we put it in practice everyday?? I am sooooooo guilty!!!

Have a great DD Shari!! Everyone talks about Wendy's chili on their DDays and I have never tried it.. it must be good and filling!
Old 08-07-2014, 07:07 AM   #2017
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
PATI!! look at you going down the scale! ALSO with all the things you have going on! Sorry you are swamped at work, I can relate.. just do the best you can!.. Are you getting a new boss or are YOU the boss?
We're getting a new boss but she's been in transition from about June.
Hoping for the best. She's very big on self development and keeps telling me she is going to make me her "star" and use me to my fullest potential and make me her right hand man. I'm already in the works to do like 4 seminars (again self development). I just don't want to disappoint you know? I pray all is well. If not, well, God knows what is in store

Shari, down day for me too I am going to stick 100% to this day too. I'd love to see a new # on that scale. Besides, going camping tomorrow morning LOL We know I can't keep rotations on camping trips soooooo gotta do a good firm dd today :P
Enjoy your dd Shari

Here are my #s:

AUGUST GOAL 180

8/7 ~ 188.5 (down day today)
Old 08-07-2014, 08:20 AM   #2018
Big Yapper!!!!

Pati-that's great progress already in August WTG! I hope the transition at work goes smoothly. I'm sure it'll be good. The seminars are nice on a resume and hopefully will lead to more opportunity at work. Enjoy your camping weekend! I'm a bit jealous, we have not gone camping in over a year, and a bad fire came through and our favorite place is now closed (hopefully not permanently). Have fun!

Deb-thanks! I hope my getaway to CA doesn't kick me out of the zone . I'm going to walk a lot, on the beach . It's been months since I was in Ca, I have been talking about it a lot though. . Hope you're weigh in goes smashingly!!

Shari-thanks!! I'm really enjoying my workouts and hope to keep this momentum going. You know how easy it is to get derailed! I am hoping to build some good muscle and habits right now while I'm focused and determined. Good for you getting back to it! Sometimes I think it's just a mental battle and almost becomes something we dread, but then, once were past it, we realize it's not a big deal at all. Now sticking to it is where I've faltered in the past. Hopefully we can both make it a good routine!
Thanks for sharing those quotes. I need to work through some of those protection feelings about my weight. I do think there is an element of vulnerability I avoid.

I'm doing my weekly weigh in today, a day early, because we're leaving at o' dark thirty tomorrow morning for our road trip to the beach!

I'm weighing in at 154.1, down 0.4 lbs from last week. I'm measuring body fat on the scale (which isn't accurate, but they say it accurately reflects trends) and it says I'm down 2% body fat. The caliper, which is far more accurate, says my body fat went down from 28% last week, to 26.3% today. that's what I'm working toward!! So, I've lost a lb of fat, and gained 0.6lbs of muscle, according to my numbers. And I'm probably going to mix up my eating ratios more this coming week. I've been keeping my fat low, like 20-25% , when I was targeting 30. I'm also going to try zigzagging my calories a bit more and see if I can get the scale moving a bit. I'm not unhappy with it, as I know losing real fat and building muscle takes time and consistency. I'm in it to win it!

Add to that, I'm considering switching up my training regimen. There's a program called strong lifts 5x5 that works on building up your strength and the amount weight you lift more quickly than the NROLFW plan I'm following. Lower reps, 3 exercises each workout, 5 sets of 5 reps. Good results out there on that plan. I really think that weight training is crucial to burning fat, maintaining and strengthening muscle and reshaping my body. Or anyone's body for that matter. I really wish I had added it in sooner during my weight loss journey.

Happy weekend my friends! Not sure how much I'll check in, maybe Friday from the car if dh is driving . KUTGW!!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:31 AM   #2019

Quote:
Such great advice!! Yes, we know this stuff, but dang, why don't we put it in practice everyday?? I am sooooooo guilty!!!

Have a great DD Shari!! Everyone talks about Wendy's chili on their DDays and I have never tried it.. it must be good and filling!
Thanks Deb, it is good and filling. Hope you have a great day as well.

Quote:
Hoping for the best. She's very big on self development and keeps telling me she is going to make me her "star" and use me to my fullest potential and make me her right hand man. I'm already in the works to do like 4 seminars (again self development). I just don't want to disappoint you know? I pray all is well. If not, well, God knows what is in store

Shari, down day for me too I am going to stick 100% to this day too. I'd love to see a new # on that scale. Besides, going camping tomorrow morning LOL We know I can't keep rotations on camping trips soooooo gotta do a good firm dd today :P
Enjoy your dd Shari

Here are my #s:

AUGUST GOAL 180

It's anxious when having a new boss, but seems like she understands the value of having you there. I too will keep positive thoughts for you that she will provide you the opportunity to grow w/o making you too uncomfortable. Good luck on your DD! I too am going to make it a good one as tomorrow I'll be celebrating my bday, going out Saturday with girlfriends, and may go out Sunday. If not, then Sunday will be a much needed, I'm sure, DD. Have fun on your camping trip!!

Quote:

Shari-thanks!! I'm really enjoying my workouts and hope to keep this momentum going. You know how easy it is to get derailed! I am hoping to build some good muscle and habits right now while I'm focused and determined. Good for you getting back to it! Sometimes I think it's just a mental battle and almost becomes something we dread, but then, once were past it, we realize it's not a big deal at all. Now sticking to it is where I've faltered in the past. Hopefully we can both make it a good routine!
Thanks for sharing those quotes. I need to work through some of those protection feelings about my weight. I do think there is an element of vulnerability I avoid.

I'm doing my weekly weigh in today, a day early, because we're leaving at o' dark thirty tomorrow morning for our road trip to the beach!

I'm weighing in at 154.1, down 0.4 lbs from last week. I'm measuring body fat on the scale (which isn't accurate, but they say it accurately reflects trends) and it says I'm down 2% body fat. The caliper, which is far more accurate, says my body fat went down from 28% last week, to 26.3% today. that's what I'm working toward!! So, I've lost a lb of fat, and gained 0.6lbs of muscle, according to my numbers. And I'm probably going to mix up my eating ratios more this coming week. I've been keeping my fat low, like 20-25% , when I was targeting 30. I'm also going to try zigzagging my calories a bit more and see if I can get the scale moving a bit. I'm not unhappy with it, as I know losing real fat and building muscle takes time and consistency. I'm in it to win it!

Add to that, I'm considering switching up my training regimen. There's a program called strong lifts 5x5 that works on building up your strength and the amount weight you lift more quickly than the NROLFW plan I'm following. Lower reps, 3 exercises each workout, 5 sets of 5 reps. Good results out there on that plan. I really think that weight training is crucial to burning fat, maintaining and strengthening muscle and reshaping my body. Or anyone's body for that matter. I really wish I had added it in sooner during my weight loss journey.

Happy weekend my friends! Not sure how much I'll check in, maybe Friday from the car if dh is driving . KUTGW!!
WTG Julie!! Exercising is mindful eating is paying off very, very well! Safe travels to you too, enjoy your weekend getaway.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:40 AM   #2020

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning! So, yesterday was a DD and I could not sleep at all. Does this happen to anybody else? I had 535 calories and my stomach was just really empty last night. I ended up taking melatonin at 2:30 am to finally fall asleep!!! I'm glad today is a normal eating day but I haven't eaten anything yet, I'm too tired I ate a large Wendy's chili at around 3:30 pm and then at 7:30 pm I had 1/2 low-carb wrap with 1 TSB of peanut butter and raspberry sugar-free jam. So I did eat closer to bed. I need to figure this out! I need my sleep.

I'll be back later for personals. Just wanted to ask if sleep is an issue on DDs for anybody else?
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 08-07-2014, 08:51 AM   #2021

OMGoodness, yes this happens to me too. I'm glad you asked because I've been meaning to ask others as well.... Plus when I do fall asleep, I have these weird dreams
Old 08-07-2014, 08:55 AM   #2022
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Ughhh scale is up, retaining water and hot flashes are certainly not my idea of fun. My little trip to cute german town is costing me, oh well I shall recover. Dentist today, how fun. Be back to check on everyone later.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:58 AM   #2023

Quote:
OMGoodness, yes this happens to me too. I'm glad you asked because I've been meaning to ask others as well.... Plus when I do fall asleep, I have these weird dreams
Oh GREAT!!! What can we do to help this???
Old 08-07-2014, 11:11 AM   #2024

Quote:

Enjoy your dd Shari

Here are my #s:

AUGUST GOAL 180

YOU ARE A STAR!!! believe it!!!

Wonderful numbers too! Keep it up girlie
Old 08-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #2025

Quote:
Pati-that's great progress already in August WTG! I hope the transition at work goes smoothly. I'm sure it'll be good. The seminars are nice on a resume and hopefully will lead to more opportunity at work. Enjoy your camping weekend! I'm a bit jealous, we have not gone camping in over a year, and a bad fire came through and our favorite place is now closed (hopefully not permanently). Have fun!

Deb-thanks! I hope my getaway to CA doesn't kick me out of the zone . I'm going to walk a lot, on the beach . It's been months since I was in Ca, I have been talking about it a lot though. . Hope you're weigh in goes smashingly!!

You really sound like an ATHLETE !!!! I don't know what NROLFW stands for, but it sounds great!!..

Have a blast on the beach! SO JEALOUS!!!
Old 08-07-2014, 11:17 AM   #2026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Good morning! So, yesterday was a DD and I could not sleep at all. Does this happen to anybody else? I had 535 calories and my stomach was just really empty last night. I ended up taking melatonin at 2:30 am to finally fall asleep!!! I'm glad today is a normal eating day but I haven't eaten anything yet, I'm too tired I ate a large Wendy's chili at around 3:30 pm and then at 7:30 pm I had 1/2 low-carb wrap with 1 TSB of peanut butter and raspberry sugar-free jam. So I did eat closer to bed. I need to figure this out! I need my sleep.

I'll be back later for personals. Just wanted to ask if sleep is an issue on DDs for anybody else?
No problems for me. but then again, I don't do anything like I am supposed to! Hope you get some rest!!..

Quote:
Glad this is not me... Hope your day is going well Shari!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Ughhh scale is up, retaining water and hot flashes are certainly not my idea of fun. My little trip to cute german town is costing me, oh well I shall recover. Dentist today, how fun. Be back to check on everyone later.

Well all that shall pass Maggie, enjoy your little adventure to the dentist today... Ok, kidding, but I hope you feel better soon!!
Old 08-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #2027

sorry, got busy.... For me, it only happened in the beginning of starting DD rotations but from what I remember now, it didn't stay after those first few DDs (I think I would've remembered to ask about it if it had continued). I drink Rest tea made by Tazo which really helps as melatonin works, but gives me a hangover/foggy feeling the next day so I don't really like to take this unless it's an ongoing issue....

Maggie~yes, it will pass but I understand hate seeing any higher number on the scale, even temporarily. Hope your dentist trip isn't too painful
Old 08-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #2028
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/236.6/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hi ladies...just a quick post as I am going to spend some time with the kids.

What happens on DD's is very normal. When we are hungry, we are very very focused. Think about our ancestors who needed to stay awake to catch food or a lioness looking for a kill to feed her family. We are similar in this fashion. Our senses are highly alert and can cause issues with our normal sleep patterns. I drink sleepy time tea and was thinking about melatonin. I remember reading about this from others on the JUDDD threads. Hope it helps. May be better to eat most of your calories later in the day.
Mini goal #1 228 by 10/31/2014
Mini goal #2 218 by 11/30/2014
Mini goal #3 208 by 12/31/2014
Mini goal #4 198 by 1/31/2014 happy anniversary!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...g-journey.html
Old 08-08-2014, 06:29 AM   #2029
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Pati, Deb, Shari, Julie and Gracie! I am feeling great this morning and thought I'd share my numbers with you. I had two DD's in a row and thought they would hurt my rotation but they didn't. Also, I had trouble falling asleep last night. DH gave DS(4) cookies before bed...ugh.

Today's an UD for me as I changed my rotation for the first time due to some plans I have this weekend. I love the flexibility that I have with JUDDD. It doesn't feel like a real "diet" although I'm definitely seeing results in my skin and nails

Drum roll please....

Weight:
July start 244
July end 240.2

August 1-239.2 (UD) New low and new decade!
August 2-242 (DD) Bounce...blah
August 3-238.6 (UD) I love bounces! New low
August 4- 239.6 (DD) small bounce but new low after UD
August 5- 239.4 (DD) ready for another DD...after my awesome UD of course
August 6- 238.8 (UD) Definitely ready for today's UD
August 7- 239.2 (DD) Hungry today...but not too bad
August 8- 237.8 (UD) New low!!!
Old 08-08-2014, 06:36 AM   #2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hi ladies...just a quick post as I am going to spend some time with the kids.

What happens on DD's is very normal. When we are hungry, we are very very focused. Think about our ancestors who needed to stay awake to catch food or a lioness looking for a kill to feed her family. We are similar in this fashion. Our senses are highly alert and can cause issues with our normal sleep patterns. I drink sleepy time tea and was thinking about melatonin. I remember reading about this from others on the JUDDD threads. Hope it helps. May be better to eat most of your calories later in the day.
makes sense, now I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Good morning Pati, Deb, Shari, Julie and Gracie! I am feeling great this morning and thought I'd share my numbers with you. I had two DD's in a row and thought they would hurt my rotation but they didn't. Also, I had trouble falling asleep last night. DH gave DS(4) cookies before bed...ugh.

Today's an UD for me as I changed my rotation for the first time due to some plans I have this weekend. I love the flexibility that I have with JUDDD. It doesn't feel like a real "diet" although I'm definitely seeing results in my skin and nails

Drum roll please....

Weight:
July start 244
July end 240.2

August 1-239.2 (UD) New low and new decade!
August 2-242 (DD) Bounce...blah
August 3-238.6 (UD) I love bounces! New low
August 4- 239.6 (DD) small bounce but new low after UD
August 5- 239.4 (DD) ready for another DD...after my awesome UD of course
August 6- 238.8 (UD) Definitely ready for today's UD
August 7- 239.2 (DD) Hungry today...but not too bad
August 8- 237.8 (UD) New low!!!
Go Jen!! Look at those numbers going steadily down! Congrats on hitting a new low, how exciting! I'm so happy to be back to JUDDD too for now because of those exact reasons, it doesn't feel like a diet and it fits in when having plans...no pressure! Enjoy your UD!
Old 08-08-2014, 06:42 AM   #2031

everyone!

UD for me too which is perfect due to going out later this evening for dinner. I'm hungry this morning, but did well yesterday eating around 600 cals. Going to try to eat light for breakfast and lunch. Tomorrow is going to be hard for a DD as I'm meeting gfs, so may make that a MD... no pressure though. If I can just maintain during this weekend I'm okay.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:00 AM   #2032
Major LCF Poster!

Shari, that is a great outlook and plan for the weekend. I had a similar situation with my weekend. So glad that JUDDD is forgiving and easy to get back to after a few "off" days.
I'm having chips and salsa for breakfast Exactly what I had a taste for. Planning to take my two DS's out for a mommy/son date night! Super excited
Old 08-08-2014, 07:42 AM   #2033

TGIF!!! Wow! Jen congrats on the new low And Shari, enjoy your UD

Today is my 3rd DD for the week and then Saturday and Sunday will be just normal eating. I try not to look at it as UP DAYS because then my mind thinks eat to just eat. I want to eat what my body wants and not just because it's an UD. Tomorrow night is a big fundraiser for the youth football and cheer. We have a comedy night. You get dinner (pizza, wings, salad), snacks (chips, pretzels), pop, beer and 3-4 comedians. The headliner is from our hometown so he always gives us 1/2 price. They were HYSTERICAL last year. Hope this year is just as good. So, tomorrow night I will be partaking in some adult beverages and fun with friends. And it's a normal day so I don't have to feel guilty!!! WIN-WIN! Then Sunday we have my BIL's bday party at my sister's house. She has a pool so the kids can swim and they are going to barbeque. Hopefully it will be a good weekend! There's lots of prizes/baskets at the fundraiser so I'm hoping to win something good!

Yesterday's Menu:
B: coffee/cream
one flax wrap with peanut butter and sf raspberry jam
L: hot dog w/ketchup
Chex Mix
D: bbq chicken breast
french fries

Snack Later: one small vanilla ice cream cone from McD's (after cheer practice) and more chex mix.

I will weigh tomorrow to see where I'm at after 3 Fasting Days.

Everyone have a fantastic weekend!!!
Old 08-08-2014, 08:49 AM   #2034
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
YOU ARE A STAR!!! believe it!!!

Wonderful numbers too! Keep it up girlie
This is why I love you guys all so much! Thanks Deb
The support we have here is immeasurable~! <- Did I just make up that word> LOL

Shari, Gracie - I do have some nights when I don't sleep well but I haven't noticed if its on down days. Weird thing is the better my down day, the more energy I get which could possibly be what's happening to you all? I'll pay closer attention to the sleep. (its difficult for me only cuz I've always had sleeping issues; well, since I hit my 30s)....

Jen - OMG you're rocking JUDDD!!! GO GIRL!!!!

Julie my lil' inspiration....Hope you go enjoy your weekend!!!

Me? Up day for me today. I'm craving chicken like crazy? Isn't that weird...LOL No more rotations for me til Monday since we're on our way camping. Here are my #s

AUGUST GOAL 180

8/8 ~ 185.5 (up day today, tomorrow and Sunday) LOL

Seriously tho, as I noticed, the rotations really do work!!! I am at a new low and loving this woe (my disclaimer - I'm loving for now! LOL)

Have a blessed Friday and a wonderful weekend my loves.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:05 AM   #2035

Quote:
This is why I love you guys all so much! Thanks Deb
The support we have here is immeasurable~! <- Did I just make up that word> LOL

Shari, Gracie - I do have some nights when I don't sleep well but I haven't noticed if its on down days. Weird thing is the better my down day, the more energy I get which could possibly be what's happening to you all? I'll pay closer attention to the sleep. (its difficult for me only cuz I've always had sleeping issues; well, since I hit my 30s)....

Jen - OMG you're rocking JUDDD!!! GO GIRL!!!!

Julie my lil' inspiration....Hope you go enjoy your weekend!!!

Me? Up day for me today. I'm craving chicken like crazy? Isn't that weird...LOL No more rotations for me til Monday since we're on our way camping. Here are my #s

AUGUST GOAL 180

8/8 ~ 185.5 (up day today, tomorrow and Sunday) LOL

Seriously tho, as I noticed, the rotations really do work!!! I am at a new low and loving this woe (my disclaimer - I'm loving for now! LOL)

Have a blessed Friday and a wonderful weekend my loves.
LOOK AT YOU!!! 185.5!!! You go woman You are really inspiring me to keep up with this. That is one heck of a drop!! How many calories did you eat yesterday? Can you share your menu? I'm going to be a copycat
Old 08-08-2014, 09:47 AM   #2036
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Friday Morning!

Can't keep up with everyone! to everyone that is losing on the scale, way to go! I do read how everyone is doing and I am truly inspired by you and the motivation to keep workin' it is flowing through cyberspace but I have a difficult time responding to what everyone is doing. If I do not respond personally to you I hope you do not mind. JUDDD seems to really be helping some of you and that is fantastic! Hhcg on the other works as well too! I think just sticking with what works for our bodies is the best solution to healthier happier bodies in the long run. Having Diabetes doesn't allow me to partake in some of the goodness that other can have without damage being further done to my body and at times it is hard to come to terms with. My goal is to one day totally eat the way my body needs me to eat and be satisfied without wanting other foods that I know my body doesn't need. I know for a fact that I am Gluten intolerant, dairy is not working for me as well. K enough of the Debbie Downer

Have a fantastic weekend everyone and stay true to yourself and your woe!

Old 08-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #2037
Big Yapper!!!!

On the road...2 hours til I hit the beach!! Made reservations at Dukes on Huntington Beach!! Can not wait!!

You're all doing great!! Enjoy your weekend!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (32.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-08-2014, 03:14 PM   #2038
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
On the road...2 hours til I hit the beach!! Made reservations at Dukes on Huntington Beach!! Can not wait!!

Cali girl here spent a lot of time at Huntington Beach growing up and Malibu. Enjoy the California sun.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:04 AM   #2039
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
LOOK AT YOU!!! 185.5!!! You go woman You are really inspiring me to keep up with this. That is one heck of a drop!! How many calories did you eat yesterday? Can you share your menu? I'm going to be a copycat
Howdy doll face

I saw this but couldn't answer cuz my data provider sux butt!

Gracie, normally I don't eat any one thing in particular on my down days I find it most important to stick to no more than 500 calories (this is 500 food calories tho - remember, I have 2 cups of coffee. One in the am and one at night but I never count those calories coming from the creamer (I use ff h&h and sugar free hazelnut). I fast til dinner and pound in the 500 cals all in the evening. What I find that I am loving are veggies, fruit and some sort of protein. I eat chicken, fish, I eat turkey bacon, I eat cottage cheese. Again, I just go with what I am craving at the time and eat the 500 cals.

How are you all doing?!??!

Old 08-11-2014, 07:05 AM   #2040
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

FUN!!!! Enjoy yourself doll face!!!
Closed Thread