Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #1981
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Here I am on the boat Saturday Yes, beer in hand I would be so happy to get down 20 pounds from here!!!
You look Fantastic Darling! But I have a question for you. Was that Low Carb Beer? You can get 20 lbs off of you Gracie, I know you can.

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #1982
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
GM ladies,

Not feeling well today, called off work and will rest. I see everyone is still doing well! Deb, I'm with you...yesterday was a bust for me too. No scale for me either until I have a couple of good days in. Don't know what's wrong today...just feel 'off'...I'll check back in after I rest.
I hope you start to feel better Shari.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #1983
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
You look Fantastic Darling! But I have a question for you. Was that Low Carb Beer? You can get 20 lbs off of you Gracie, I know you can.

LOL!!!! No, it was Coors Light. I don't really like the low carb beers. I used to drink the Michelob Ultra but the taste was starting to gag me 😜😜😜
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:48 PM   #1984
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/236.6/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hello ladies! I've been here following EOD rotations still. Doing well I love to read about how everyone in doing on their own paths. Great going to all!
I'll post more tomorrow :O)
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 05:17 AM   #1985

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
I feel better today, think I needed some rest as I'd been going, going, going for a couple days. I'll post more about me after...

Julie~ love reading how you're transitioning into a true lifestyle change to maintain weight lost...great job!

Jen~ KUTGW with doing so well on JUDDD! Love reading your progress too!

Maggie~WOW, that's incredible loss for the first week!! WTG on staying on plan. I think your idea of M-F for leaner meats/protein and weekends including higher fats is good and it will help to reduce the cravings or fattier food later. Plus, obviously it doesn't hinder your losses!! :

Pati~Whoo-hooo...look at those beautiful numbers!! You're firmly in the 180's and moving on down the ladder. No gain on an unplanned UD?!! Wonderful!

Gracie~ Very cute pic of you, I think you look great! I do however understanding wanting to personally feel great. I think you're on to something with adding the 5:2 of 4:3 fasting days because fasting at least 2 days/week showed great health benefits too when it was tested (from The Fast Diet book). Ok, let's commit together to moving down this month past the same ole pounds... LOL @ reserving the right to change your mind, that's an agreement to even post in this thread...we all reserve this right!

Deb~ how's it going today?
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 05:25 AM   #1986

Unfortunately I'll have to end this round now ... I have social engagements that have come up I hadn't planned that will make this super difficult (mentally) to continue to commit to as I'd like...even doing it rogue. For example, I'm going out this Friday, Saturday and maybe Sun (if fam comes up) and I see from this past Sunday that I'm not ready yet to forgo all the temptations that will be presented to remain on protocol. I do want to try this again, but maybe once school start and the summer stuff is over. For now, because of all the social engagements I'm thinking to go back to JUDDD. Now that I'm typing and thinking at the same time, I may consider doing what you're trying to do Gracie, fast throughout the week (I can do at least 2-3 days) so the weekends won't fall on a DD.... I'll think everything through....
Old 08-05-2014, 05:37 AM   #1987

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Unfortunately I'll have to end this round now ... I have social engagements that have come up I hadn't planned that will make this super difficult (mentally) to continue to commit to as I'd like...even doing it rogue. For example, I'm going out this Friday, Saturday and maybe Sun (if fam comes up) and I see from this past Sunday that I'm not ready yet to forgo all the temptations that will be presented to remain on protocol. I do want to try this again, but maybe once school start and the summer stuff is over. For now, because of all the social engagements I'm thinking to go back to JUDDD. Now that I'm typing and thinking at the same time, I may consider doing what you're trying to do Gracie, fast throughout the week (I can do at least 2-3 days) so the weekends won't fall on a DD.... I'll think everything through....
Well Shari, there is nothing lost by going off the round early. I don't believe in all the hooey that some say happens if you do..

Enjoy your family and your summer fun!! If you can do JUDDD more power to you!!! Or whatever you choose..

I am continuing on, and doing it very rogue. Nothing on the agenda for me, so I jumped right back on the horse yesterday. I am right back in the zone, and actually food repulses me still ... (after my episode Saturday night, I have not felt like eating anything much)

So onward for me, but no scale until my normal weigh in on Saturday..

Glad you are feeling better Shari!..
Old 08-05-2014, 07:44 AM   #1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Well Shari, there is nothing lost by going off the round early. I don't believe in all the hooey that some say happens if you do..

Enjoy your family and your summer fun!! If you can do JUDDD more power to you!!! Or whatever you choose..

I am continuing on, and doing it very rogue. Nothing on the agenda for me, so I jumped right back on the horse yesterday. I am right back in the zone, and actually food repulses me still ... (after my episode Saturday night, I have not felt like eating anything much)

LOL, I've jumped off and on enough times to not believe the hype either. I guess it's a good thing that food still repulses you and you don't feel like eating much...wanna take full advantage of that For sure, if you're still in the zone then it's the best plan I still believe to reach goal and for you, a new decade soon! thanks for all your support, hun!
Old 08-05-2014, 08:03 AM   #1989

Quote:
LOL, I've jumped off and on enough times to not believe the hype either. I guess it's a good thing that food still repulses you and you don't feel like eating much...wanna take full advantage of that For sure, if you're still in the zone then it's the best plan I still believe to reach goal and for you, a new decade soon! thanks for all your support, hun!
Thanks Shari!!! trust me I am taking full advantage of this horrible feeling.. If I am going to suffer the consequences of my actions, at least I can lose weight...
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:17 AM   #1990

Yesterday was a pretty good DD - came in at 645 calories total. I spent 2.5 hours out in the blazing sun too at cheer practice. I was sweating down to my underwear Today I'm just eating what my body wants and not really worrying too much. So far I've had coffee/cream and oatmeal from McDonalds. Dinner is definitely baby back ribs as I have them all dry-rubbed and ready to cook I'll probably add some loaded broccolli as a side.

Yesterday's Menu (For accountability)
B: coffee/hwc/splenda 155 calories
L: 1/2 Flatbread Multigrain w/ 1 Large egg, 1 slice mozzarella 180 calories
D: Wendy's Large Chili 340 calories
Grand Total 645

We went through Wendy's after cheer practice and I knew the chili was a great option. Once football and cheer starts it's hard for me to make dinner because practice starts at 4:30. DH made dinner last night - corn dogs and tater tots I think I'm going to have to start planning some good crock pot meals.

I feel like I'm getting a cold!!! BOOOOO I took 2 Dayquil and I feel a bit better. My throat hurts, chest feels congested.... I hate summer colds!!!

Deb ~ You still don't feel good from drinking? I thought you were on HCG? I drank once on hcg and NEVER AGAIN!!!! I felt like I was gonna die the next day. Hope you are feeling human again today

Shari ~ I wouldn't worry about ending the round early. How much did you drop? I would definitely start either JUDDD or following P3 rules so you don't gain it back. Have fun with all of your get togethers!

Jen ~ You are doing great with JUDDD! I'm now following 4:3 which is 4 days normal and 3 fasting days. This seems to work better for me than the every other day. Weekends kill me because of going to the lake and social obligations. This Saturday we have a comedy night for our youth football/cheer and I need to be able to eat and have some drinks. I'll probably make Sunday a normal day too because my sister is having her husbands bday cook-out. I'll just keep fasting days Mon,Wed, and Friday.

Pati ~ How are you doing today? Is today UD or DD?

Magie ~ How is your day going? I need to go back and read what you are following. We all change so much on here I forget Stillmans? Is that low-fat, low carb?
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Old 08-05-2014, 09:50 AM   #1991

Quote:
Yesterday was a pretty good DD - came in at 645 calories total. I spent 2.5 hours out in the blazing sun too at cheer practice. I was sweating down to my underwear Today I'm just eating what my body wants and not really worrying too much. So far I've had coffee/cream and oatmeal from McDonalds. Dinner is definitely baby back ribs as I have them all dry-rubbed and ready to cook I'll probably add some loaded broccolli as a side.

Grand Total 645

We went through Wendy's after cheer practice and I knew the chili was a great option. Once football and cheer starts it's hard for me to make dinner because practice starts at 4:30. DH made dinner last night - corn dogs and tater tots I think I'm going to have to start planning some good crock pot meals.

I feel like I'm getting a cold!!! BOOOOO I took 2 Dayquil and I feel a bit better. My throat hurts, chest feels congested.... I hate summer colds!!!

Deb ~ You still don't feel good from drinking? I thought you were on HCG? I drank once on hcg and NEVER AGAIN!!!! I felt like I was gonna die the next day. Hope you are feeling human again today

Shari ~ I wouldn't worry about ending the round early. How much did you drop? I would definitely start either JUDDD or following P3 rules so you don't gain it back. Have fun with all of your get togethers!

Jen ~ You are doing great with JUDDD! I'm now following 4:3 which is 4 days normal and 3 fasting days. This seems to work better for me than the every other day. Weekends kill me because of going to the lake and social obligations. This Saturday we have a comedy night for our youth football/cheer and I need to be able to eat and have some drinks. I'll probably make Sunday a normal day too because my sister is having her husbands bday cook-out. I'll just keep fasting days Mon,Wed, and Friday.

Magie ~ How is your day going? I need to go back and read what you are following. We all change so much on here I forget Stillmans? Is that low-fat, low carb?
You did awesome Gracie!!! Sweating that much.. ugh!!! I would never have made it.. so kudos to you!..

Yes, I still feel bad from one night of drinking because I am just not used to it at all. THAT plus HCG.. um no, never again.. EVERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Seriously, it snuck up on me, because I thought I was fine. I guess I just didn't eat much that day and boy it hit me like a rock.. I have not felt so sick in a very long time.. probably since college years..

Anyway, no hunger is good right now, and I hope by tomorrow at least I will be feeling normal. I have been drinking lots of water and hoping for the best!

Have a great day!
Old 08-05-2014, 09:53 AM   #1992

Quote:
Thanks Shari!!! trust me I am taking full advantage of this horrible feeling.. If I am going to suffer the consequences of my actions, at least I can lose weight...
true!

Quote:

Grand Total 645

Wow, that's great Gracie!! Keira's Mom reminded me about Wendy's chili when she posted she eat this on her DDs. I'd forgotten all about it! It's really filling, quick to grab on the go and low on cals, a perfect DD food. Yikes on outside in the hot sun, you're really sweating when it reaches 'down there' . I was down 7.something pounds by Sunday...but haven't been on the scale since then after blowing it that day and yesterday I wasn't feeling well. I didn't eat a lot yesterday but I wasn't eating to a certain plan either. So I'm thinking I'm back up to the mid 180's by now I'm making today a DD and probably Thursday as well because Fri-Sun I will be going out. Next week, hopefully I'll be able to do better with more rotations.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:56 AM   #1993

Quote:
You did awesome Gracie!!! Sweating that much.. ugh!!! I would never have made it.. so kudos to you!..

Yes, I still feel bad from one night of drinking because I am just not used to it at all. THAT plus HCG.. um no, never again.. EVERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Seriously, it snuck up on me, because I thought I was fine. I guess I just didn't eat much that day and boy it hit me like a rock.. I have not felt so sick in a very long time.. probably since college years..

Anyway, no hunger is good right now, and I hope by tomorrow at least I will be feeling normal. I have been drinking lots of water and hoping for the best!

Have a great day!
I'm sure it was the lack of food along with alcohol that did you in. It's so much fun though going down! I hate bad hangovers and try to avoid at all costs. I always take potassium, magnesium, advil and lots of water before going to bed to try and avoid it. You'd think the pharmaceutical companies or somebody would come out with some type of hangover cure I'd buy it for sure!!!
Old 08-05-2014, 09:58 AM   #1994

Quote:
I'm sure it was the lack of food along with alcohol that did you in. It's so much fun though going down! I hate bad hangovers and try to avoid at all costs. I always take potassium, magnesium, advil and lots of water before going to bed to try and avoid it. You'd think the pharmaceutical companies or somebody would come out with some type of hangover cure I'd buy it for sure!!!
YES!!! I am sure there is a large market for that..
Old 08-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #1995
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good afternoon ladies I needed to charge my laptop, thought it was charged only to find out I didn't even plug in the charger to the electrical outlet.

Gracie - I am kind of doing a combination of Stillman's QWL and the Inches off plan at the moment. 5 days a week I am eating Low Fat + Lean Protein and Limited Dairy. For the dairy portion I am eating some Low Fat Cottage Cheese with a little cinnamon and sweetner for a sweet treat if I want it(sometimes I really want it ) and also have had a Low Fat Spreadable Cheese Wedge once in awhile. This is basically it for the Dairy portion but I really want to work dairy out of my diet I seem to crave more when dairy is included except butter and a little powdered creamer in 1 cup of coffee. For the moment I am not drinking coffee but having Green Tea with sweetner like Stevia. I have had one cup of coffee this past week but about 6 oz. with some powdered creamer and stevia. Also no veggies during the week but I use SF ketchup, Cocktail sauce for my Shrimp and Mustard for my meats. The weekend eating is about the same except for 1 meal a day being a little higher in fat on the meat and veggies added in moderation. I will be trying this way of eating out for awhile and see if I can sustain this. I read about all the yummy foods some of you consume and it would take my BS higher so it needs to eliminated in order for me to have control. My blood sugar is more of a priority for me at the moment than the movement on the scale but if they both happen at the same time that is great for me. So I am eating Low Fat/Lean Protein & Moderate Fat/Low Carb.

Have a great day!
Old 08-05-2014, 02:45 PM   #1996
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
sorry you ending early, but life happens! I ended mine b/c it wasn't working at all, and I've survived . You'll do well on a weekday Juddd plan. The best of both worlds! Life is busy, especially with younger kids, and there are seasons when it just won't work. No worries! Enjoy yourself and your fam ..

Quote:

Sorry you're still recovering! Great lesson and hopefully the appetite suppression will pay off on the scale!

Maggie-yr plan sounds good, and effective! KUTGW!

Jen-you're sticking your rotations and I'm sure you'll see new numbers soon!

Pati-you too! Working the plan and living life! WTG!!

Gracie-so cute by the lake! I'm hitting the beach this weekend and can't wait to get my toes in the water! you'll figure out something that will hopefully reward your efforts. It's so hard to find something that fits with a busy schedule!

I'm doing fine. Still hitting the gym- 2 weight session, and 1 cardio so far this week. doing Zumba tomorrow, then weights again Thursday. I leave for a beach weekend early (6!) Friday morning, so I'll let my last cardio be long walks on the beach! That'll hit my goal for the 3rd week in a row!

Weight wise I'm not losing scale weight. I'm still in the same 153-155 range, but eating 1600-1750 cals a day and 40-50% carbs. That's worth celebrating! I do look better, I can see and feel my muscles and will remeasure my body fat with the calipers Thursday. The unreliable scale bf even went down a bit. I'll take it. I really feel good-strong and light-like when I get up from the couch I feel lighter, like it's not any effort to stand (lol that it used to be some effort!). Tighter. Anyway, all that to say, I'm not going to sweat the scale (although I would like it to go down). As long as it doesn't go up i'll be content.
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:01 PM   #1997

Maggie your plan sounds great!! You should definately lose fat on that... and hopefully your BS will cooperate also.. go girl!!!

JULIE!!! you are doing what I eventually want to do.. get strong and healthy, while eating a good amount of food!! I so happy for you!..

I am finally feeling somewhat better and had some food for dinner.. not much, and just protein. I peaked at the scale and it is back where it was before the weekend in the afternoon! So I am on the right track anyway!
Old 08-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #1998
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/236.6/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hello beautiful ladies!

I see everyone is doing so well! Super excited for everyone. I am feeling a little blah today. I am having a I don't feel like eating day so it'll be two DD's in a row. I have to get back into my groove.

Shari-Yeah glad you came back to JUDDD. Stillman's or HCG 2.0 seems interesting but I'm sure it was tough. UD/DD today?
Deb-So sorry you got sick. That must've been awful! Feel better soon and congrats on getting back to your pre-weekend fun weight You always bounce back so well
Julie-Wow what a great post. I love reading about how you are feeling. Exercise is definitely working well with your goals Keep it up exercise queen
Gracie-Very interested in the 4:3 or 5:2...do they have similar results like JUDDD. Sometimes the EOD rotations are a challenge for me. For example today; I did another DD...Just not feeling an UD today. I know that is weird...but hell, I am weird
Pati-How are you sweetness?

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...g-journey.html
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:48 PM   #1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hello beautiful ladies!

I see everyone is doing so well! Super excited for everyone. I am feeling a little blah today. I am having a I don't feel like eating day so it'll be two DD's in a row. I have to get back into my groove.

Shari-Yeah glad you came back to JUDDD. Stillman's or HCG 2.0 seems interesting but I'm sure it was tough. UD/DD today?
Deb-So sorry you got sick. That must've been awful! Feel better soon and congrats on getting back to your pre-weekend fun weight You always bounce back so well
Julie-Wow what a great post. I love reading about how you are feeling. Exercise is definitely working well with your goals Keep it up exercise queen
Gracie-Very interested in the 4:3 or 5:2...do they have similar results like JUDDD. Sometimes the EOD rotations are a challenge for me. For example today; I did another DD...Just not feeling an UD today. I know that is weird...but hell, I am weird
Wow Jen, you don't feel like eating either? Hope all is well.. I see how wonderful you are doing on JUDDD and it warms my heart! Glad you decided to do it again, and look at you go!!!..

Have a fantastic evening!!..
Old 08-06-2014, 05:08 AM   #2000
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Wednesday!

Good Wednesday Morning Everyone!

Nothing new to report staying off the scale until Monday, weighing once a week on here because that is the way I roll. Taking a little trip with the hubster today because he took some time off work because he has to work Saturday. We are going to a little town called Frankenmuth which is a 2 hour drive from home. It is a little German town with some cool shops, lighthouses, carriage rides and such. Going to stay on my plan but the food choices my be iffy so I am going to make the best food choices I can. Everyone seems to be happy with the plan that you have chosen or the chosen way you exercise, I think this is more important than any particular diet and it's guidelines. I still plan to do a round of Hhcg but not sure when? I am not ready for it so I am okay with it. Thank you all for your support and I hope you all have a fantastic day.BTW I am already buying baby diapers that are on sale for my grand baby that will be here next year. I hope I don't turn into a crazy grandma.

Car e Diem!

Old 08-06-2014, 05:34 AM   #2001

Quote:

Nothing new to report staying off the scale until Monday, weighing once a week on here because that is the way I roll. Taking a little trip with the hubster today because he took some time off work because he has to work Saturday. We are going to a little town called Frankenmuth which is a 2 hour drive from home. It is a little German town with some cool shops, lighthouses, carriage rides and such. Going to stay on my plan but the food choices my be iffy so I am going to make the best food choices I can. Everyone seems to be happy with the plan that you have chosen or the chosen way you exercise, I think this is more important than any particular diet and it's guidelines. I still plan to do a round of Hhcg but not sure when? I am not ready for it so I am okay with it. Thank you all for your support and I hope you all have a fantastic day.BTW I am already buying baby diapers that are on sale for my grand baby that will be here next year. I hope I don't turn into a crazy grandma.

Car e Diem!

Have fun Maggie!!! Laughing at crazy grandma because that would be me too IF I EVER HAVE ANY....

Just make the best choices you can and don't sweat it!.. of course you won't..
Old 08-06-2014, 05:35 AM   #2002

Nothing new with me either.. it is a busy week, no weighing in, eating fine.. boring.. I like it..

Hope everyone is doing well today! HAPPY HUMP DAY!..
Old 08-06-2014, 07:46 AM   #2003
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Maggie your plan sounds great!! You should definately lose fat on that... and hopefully your BS will cooperate also.. go girl!!!

JULIE!!! you are doing what I eventually want to do.. get strong and healthy, while eating a good amount of food!! I so happy for you!..

I am finally feeling somewhat better and had some food for dinner.. not much, and just protein. I peaked at the scale and it is back where it was before the weekend in the afternoon! So I am on the right track anyway!
I'm glad you're feeling better! Protein is the best option and I hope you're rewarded for your suffering,. I'm really happy with my plan. I have always dabbled at the gym, but now I feel comfortable there and like I know what I'm doing. I may change my lifting plan to strong lifts 5x5-which focuses on fear reps and heavier weights, but I'm not sure yet. So far, so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hello beautiful ladies!

Good for you taking advantage of the lack of appetite. You're doing great. Does it feel like a normal lifestyle for you yet? I think after many weeks it'll be second nature? I hope you're rewarded too!!
Thanks for the encouragement on my workouts. I do feel good!

Quote:

Car e Diem!

How cute!! That little road trip sounds delightful!! Have a wonderful day!! Hcg definitely takes a committed mindset and empty social calendar! Have fun today!!

Hey Pati and Gracie!

I'm doing well. Official weigh and measure tomorrow since I'm gonna be up early and busy Friday. Sticking to my workout and meal plan . Zumba in a bit, which will be fun cardio. Then last lifting tomorrow. There is a gym at the hotel and I'll bring my clothes just in case I want to work out one morning or evening. If my family is being pokey and not as motivated to hit the beach early I may workout one time. We're taking dh's car which is pretty small, so we're all packing light! Definitely ready for some r&r!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:56 AM   #2004

Hey everyone!

Maggie~how fun with hubby, and I agree with Deb, do the best you can but most of all enjoy quality time spent with hubby. Congrats on doing so well your first week on Stillmans! You can be the crazy grandma all you want...it's your first grandbaby how exciting!!

Deb~congrats on getting back down to pre-party weight! LOL @ boring, yup...that's the way it's gotta be when on the juice, but that 'boring' pays off very well.

Jen~hope you feel better today. How are you? Yes, I'm feeling good with my decision to go back to JUDDD because of all the upcoming events going on, less stress! I'm never giving up on losing though so I'm still working on doing well with rotations. You and Pati show how well it works when you work the plan. Guess what? I'm reading something I never thought I'd read, Naturally Thin by Bethanny Frankel (sp). I dismissed her and the thought of reading her book because I know she's on RHONJ (I don't watch that one...) but it's really good! I want to purchase Josie Spinaldi's (sp) book next (not at library). I know I have issues with food and JUDDD helps me to address this by making no food off limit, listening to my hunger cues, and all the other health benefits. I NEED to stay on this path for now...so much work to do internally...better stop now before I get on my soapbox LOL.

Pati, Julie, and Gracie~hope you are all well today!

Last edited by shari; 08-06-2014 at 07:58 AM..
Old 08-06-2014, 08:21 AM   #2005

Hi peeps. Yesterday was a decent UD. I'm not counting calories, just trying to eat what I want, when I want it. I made the best awesomest ribs!!! I made a dry-rub of sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and brown sugar. Then I let it sit for over an hour and then cooked on 300* for 2.5 hours. Last step was under the broiler for 10 minutes. OMG Hubby and DS kept raving about them. They were FALL OFF THE BONE goodness! I will definitely be making these again soon.

Yesterday's Menu:
B: coffee/cream
McD's fruit oatmeal
L: crackers with peanut butter
D: Ribs, Ribs, and more Ribs ( I didn't have time to make sides because of cheer)
Snack after practice: 1 McD's vanilla ice cream cone

Today I'm going to fast until I'm hungry. So far, so good. I'm sipping on water and coffee. Dinner is going to be chicken breast, brown rice, and broccolli. Going to try and keep it below 500.

I'm praying this works for me

Shari ~ Let me know how those books are. I will check my library. I don't want to spend anymore money on diet books!!!

Deb ~ How are you feeling today? Are you still on HCG?

Magie ~ Your plan sounds great and you're losing so KUTGW!!! Have fun on your excursion today.

Jan ~ Where are you??? Come back love muffin!!!

Julie ~ Your workouts totally impress me. I love how I feel after lifting. My DS has been lifting for football for about 2 months and he is getting really big. He turned 15 in June and he's 6'-2" and now about 180 lbs. I'll see if I can find a good picture. I'm shocked at the muscles he's gotten in 2 months!!!

Here's a pic from 4th of July. He's actually even bigger now.

Jen ~ How is your DD going? You are doing fantastic on JUDDD!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10527558_10204051254742471_3374516467923517524_n.jpg (59.2 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Gracie514; 08-06-2014 at 08:23 AM..
Old 08-06-2014, 08:24 AM   #2006

LOL - my DS is standing on the seat of the boat!!! Hubby is 6'-2" also and that' s my daughter Gracie. Didn't want to mislead and think DS is like a foot taller than DH
Old 08-06-2014, 08:30 AM   #2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I'm glad you're feeling better! Protein is the best option and I hope you're rewarded for your suffering,. I'm really happy with my plan. I have always dabbled at the gym, but now I feel comfortable there and like I know what I'm doing. I may change my lifting plan to strong lifts 5x5-which focuses on fear reps and heavier weights, but I'm not sure yet. So far, so good.

Good for you taking advantage of the lack of appetite. You're doing great. Does it feel like a normal lifestyle for you yet? I think after many weeks it'll be second nature? I hope you're rewarded too!!
Thanks for the encouragement on my workouts. I do feel good!

How cute!! That little road trip sounds delightful!! Have a wonderful day!! Hcg definitely takes a committed mindset and empty social calendar! Have fun today!!

Hey Pati and Gracie!

I'm doing well. Official weigh and measure tomorrow since I'm gonna be up early and busy Friday. Sticking to my workout and meal plan . Zumba in a bit, which will be fun cardio. Then last lifting tomorrow. There is a gym at the hotel and I'll bring my clothes just in case I want to work out one morning or evening. If my family is being pokey and not as motivated to hit the beach early I may workout one time. We're taking dh's car which is pretty small, so we're all packing light! Definitely ready for some r&r!
Thanks Julie!! I feel much better today, still no appetite!

Keep on doing what you are doing, it obviously loves you!

Quote:
Hey everyone!

Maggie~how fun with hubby, and I agree with Deb, do the best you can but most of all enjoy quality time spent with hubby. Congrats on doing so well your first week on Stillmans! You can be the crazy grandma all you want...it's your first grandbaby how exciting!!

Deb~congrats on getting back down to pre-party weight! LOL @ boring, yup...that's the way it's gotta be when on the juice, but that 'boring' pays off very well.

Jen~hope you feel better today. How are you? Yes, I'm feeling good with my decision to go back to JUDDD because of all the upcoming events going on, less stress! I'm never giving up on losing though so I'm still working on doing well with rotations. You and Pati show how well it works when you work the plan. Guess what? I'm reading something I never thought I'd read, Naturally Thin by Bethanny Frankel (sp). I dismissed her and the thought of reading her book because I know she's on RHONJ (I don't watch that one...) but it's really good! I want to purchase Josie Spinaldi's (sp) book next (not at library). I know I have issues with food and JUDDD helps me to address this by making no food off limit, listening to my hunger cues, and all the other health benefits. I NEED to stay on this path for now...so much work to do internally...better stop now before I get on my soapbox LOL.

Pati, Julie, and Gracie~hope you are all well today!
Thanks Shari!! I feel much better getting off the bloat! I always wondered about Bethanny's book. I am happy to hear you like it. Always looking for advice from a naturally thin person!!

Girl love when you get on your soapbox!!! Tell us all the good stuff!!

Quote:
Hi peeps. Yesterday was a decent UD. I'm not counting calories, just trying to eat what I want, when I want it. I made the best awesomest ribs!!! I made a dry-rub of sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and brown sugar. Then I let it sit for over an hour and then cooked on 300* for 2.5 hours. Last step was under the broiler for 10 minutes. OMG Hubby and DS kept raving about them. They were FALL OFF THE BONE goodness! I will definitely be making these again soon.

Yesterday's Menu:
B: coffee/cream
McD's fruit oatmeal
L: crackers with peanut butter
D: Ribs, Ribs, and more Ribs ( I didn't have time to make sides because of cheer)
Snack after practice: 1 McD's vanilla ice cream cone

Today I'm going to fast until I'm hungry. So far, so good. I'm sipping on water and coffee. Dinner is going to be chicken breast, brown rice, and broccolli. Going to try and keep it below 500.

I'm praying this works for me

Shari ~ Let me know how those books are. I will check my library. I don't want to spend anymore money on diet books!!!

Deb ~ How are you feeling today? Are you still on HCG?

Magie ~ Your plan sounds great and you're losing so KUTGW!!! Have fun on your excursion today.

Jan ~ Where are you??? Come back love muffin!!!

Julie ~ Your workouts totally impress me. I love how I feel after lifting. My DS has been lifting for football for about 2 months and he is getting really big. He turned 15 in June and he's 6'-2" and now about 180 lbs. I'll see if I can find a good picture. I'm shocked at the muscles he's gotten in 2 months!!!

Here's a pic from 4th of July. He's actually even bigger now.

Jen ~ How is your DD going? You are doing fantastic on JUDDD!
Quote:
LOL - my DS is standing on the seat of the boat!!! Hubby is 6'-2" also and that' s my daughter Gracie. Didn't want to mislead and think DS is like a foot taller than DH
The RIBS SOUND AWESOME!!!!! I hope you enjoy what you are doing now, it sure will help with all the things you have going on!!! DS is really bulking up isnt he? Looking GREAT!!! (I figured he was up on something)

Yes, I am still on the HCG, I am only doing 21 days though. I have 11 more to go. So far so good, won't weigh until Saturday though.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:37 AM   #2008

Julie, we posted at the same time...I too am impressed by your workouts...WTG! Sounds like you have a great weekend planned, love summer trips.

Gracie~I'd highly recommend The Fast Diet, it really helped me when starting JUDDD (although we know most of the reasons, reading it again helped). Plus, it's a short read. I will let you know about Josie's book as I'll have to buy it..it may already be at your library but it's not at mine. 'Naturally Thin' thus far is good. I started reading it last night and got into Chapter 4, but had to make myself put it down so I'd go to sleep. The mental concept of letting my body self direct my eating cues and taking total control at ALL times is so foreign to me, not that I don't know it, but actually applying it daily in my everyday life w/o thinking it's some temporary lifestyle change KWIM? Some of the stuff she says I'm thinking goes in line with what you've been reading with THM, protein at most meals, best pairing of certain foods so you're able to eat what you want plus provide a healthy nutritious meal for fuel and feeling best physically.

Wow, that's Ricky?!!! Oh Gracie, he's turning into a young man right before our eyes...I'm sure it's even more shocking to you! And is already as tall as your hubby! The girls are gonna be fighting to spend time with him, so handsome...get ready! Gracie is getting big too, such a lovely family.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:45 AM   #2009

Quote:
Julie, we posted at the same time...I too am impressed by your workouts...WTG! Sounds like you have a great weekend planned, love summer trips.

Gracie~I'd highly recommend The Fast Diet, it really helped me when starting JUDDD (although we know most of the reasons, reading it again helped). Plus, it's a short read. I will let you know about Josie's book as I'll have to buy it..it may already be at your library but it's not at mine. 'Naturally Thin' thus far is good. I started reading it last night and got into Chapter 4, but had to make myself put it down so I'd go to sleep. The mental concept of letting my body self direct my eating cues and taking total control at ALL times is so foreign to me, not that I don't know it, but actually applying it daily in my everyday life w/o thinking it's some temporary lifestyle change KWIM? Some of the stuff she says I'm thinking goes in line with what you've been reading with THM, protein at most meals, best pairing of certain foods so you're able to eat what you want plus provide a healthy nutritious meal for fuel and feeling best physically.

Wow, that's Ricky?!!! Oh Gracie, he's turning into a young man right before our eyes...I'm sure it's even more shocking to you! And is already as tall as your hubby! The girls are gonna be fighting to spend time with him, so handsome...get ready! Gracie is getting big too, such a lovely family.
I can't believe how fast he is growing up. It really makes me happy and sad at the same time. I can't bear to think that he will finish high school in 3 years and then possibly move out

Here are pics of Gracie and Erin too, can't leave them out!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GRACIEPOO.jpg (36.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg ERINPOO.jpg (43.9 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-06-2014, 08:47 AM   #2010

Quote:

Who wrote The Fast Diet? I'll google it and maybe I can get it at the library or on my phone.