Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #1831
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Good morning girls!!

Jan-that's so sweet the cousins are so close! What a great way to grow up-a built in bestie!! enjoy yor DD.

Deb-I'm in a similar spot, and watching what you choose. I was hoping you'd lose well from your JUDDD plan, but understand the frustration with no real forward progress. It felt that way when I tried it it's so tempting though with so many who do well with it...just hasn't worked for me . I hope you're able to figure out your next move...I know you'll be successful with whatever you choose! And thanks! I feel good .

Shari-hope you can get back into the rotation. It's hard with social events to manage.

I way overdid it last night! we went out with other friends, had to wait WAY too long for our food, and by the time it came I was starving! I ate too many fries and the croissant my turkey club came on . It was ok, not worth the calories, and I'm up from it today. Oh well. I'll work it back off .

Both my dd's played in a sand volleyball tournament this morning. It was HOT!!! 100 deg! They've never played together before, so it was cute for me to see them together . Home and resting now .
Thanks Julie, I hope I can get a good plan together that will get me moving again. I just don't want my body to feel this weight is ok to stay at..

I know how you feel about eating something that may not really be worth the calories... I tend to do that too darn much!. Working on it! Congrats on both your DD playing together!! How fun!! 100 degrees?? YOWZA no thanks..

Have a wonderful evening!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2014, 06:06 AM   #1832

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: Atkins
quick drive by!

Julie~I've been there too so understand overeating when too hungry. You can correct any 'damage' with a couple of good eating days. Yes, it's hard to manage eating low cals when unexpected events happen that I can't plan for, ugh. I know it was nice to see your DDs playing together.

Deb~I'm with ya. To add insult to me mentally, I tried on a cute pair of capris yesterday and it's too tight or more snug than I'd like to wear out of the house. Yeah, I guess an additional 15 lbs can do that I'm in such a funky head space now...but, it's Monday too

Jan~ congrats on doing well with JUDDD and to your niece and turning 16!!

Everyone else, hope you're all okay and had a great weekend!

Last edited by shari; 07-21-2014 at 06:08 AM..
Old 07-21-2014, 07:02 AM   #1833
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/236.6/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Happy Monday All! It looks like things were pretty active and fun here! I have hit my first JUDDD stall/I don't know if you would call it that, but it's frustrating me right now. I'm one of the most patient and impatient people you will ever meet! lol...

Julie- How is the exercise queen? I hope you were good to yourself and the girls won their vball games!
Shari- So glad to see you are back. Don't worry, those capris will be too big soon enough.
Deb-How's the new job/promotion? Are you still training?
Gracie/Jan-Hi beautifuls! I hope all have a great Monday. I'll be in training this morning

Weight:
July 1st- 244 (DD)
July 4th- 247 (UD)
July 6th- 246.5 (UD)
July 7th-DNW (DD)
July 8th -245.6 (UD)
July 9th- 246 (DD)
July 10th- 246.8 (UD)
July 11th- 247.6 (DD) 2200 cals finally got to my UD Cal limit-This is my "real start"
July 12th- 245.4 (UD) under 500
July 13th- 246.2 (DD)
July 14th- 243.6 (UD) Woohoo! Finally below my start weight
July 15th- 244.6 (DD)
July 16th- 243.4 (UD)
July 17th- 244.2 (DD)
July 18th- 243.2 (UD) Slow and steady but still moving down!
July 19th-243.8 (DD)
July 20- 244.4 (UD)
July 21- 244.4 (DD)

Goal for July is 240...I can do this!
Mini goal #1 228 by 10/31/2014
Mini goal #2 218 by 11/30/2014
Mini goal #3 208 by 12/31/2014
Mini goal #4 198 by 1/31/2014 happy anniversary!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...g-journey.html
Old 07-21-2014, 07:15 AM   #1834
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 12yrslater
Stats: UGH
Start Date: Induction: 10/20/08
Good morning beauties

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I know I did. TOO MUCH! I'm with Shari. My rotations are nil during the last two or three weekends. My weight doesn't seem to be fluctuating too much but I know this WOE won't work unless I follow it completely. Unfortunately, this week is a MESS for me to say "I will stick to it 100%".

Let's see. Today is a down day I'm good.
Tomorrow and up day...I'm good.
Wednesday a down day but a big party for my boss who is retiring (I AM SO SAD!!! I AM GONNA MISS HIM SOOOOOO MUCH! He's like my dad here at work )
Thursday - Sunday camping

As I showered this morning I considered making this week purely low carbs (atkins style) to which I nixed ASAP (I LOVE FRUIT YOU GUYS! LOL)

I'm not quite sure how to approach the week....I need a down day tho so today I am sticking with it.

I would LOVE to get 15 lbs off (or at best be 180) by the end of August so I can show off at an event DH and I are going to but I won't get there at this pace! LOL Not stressed. SO NOT GONNA STRESS 'BOUT IT

So here are my #s. (As you'll note below - my weight is not fluctuating THAT much but I know better than to be too lax about it)

Here we go for July:
June #s (started 199. Goal 190. Last weigh in of the month was 190.5)
July goal is 185

7/1 ~ 193 (down day & much needed! Look at the jump in scale! YIKES!)
7/2 ~ 190 (up day today)
7/3 ~ 191 (down day today)
7/4 ~ 189.5 (up day today) HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!!!!
7/5 ~ 190.5 (down day today)
7/6 ~ 189.5 (up day today)
7/7 ~ 191.5 (down day today)
7/8 ~ 189.5 (up day today)
7/9 ~ 190.5 ( up day today - wonky week. working the down days in as much as possible)
7/10 ~ 190.5 (down day today)
7/11 ~ 189 (camping)
7/12 ~ DNW (camping)
7/13 ~ DNW (camping)
7/14 ~ DNW (camping)
7/15 ~ 192 (down day today)
7/16 ~ 189.5 (up day today)
7/17 ~ 191 (down day today)
7/18 ~ 189 (up day today)
7/19 ~ 191 (up day)
7/20 ~ 190.5 (up day)
7/21 ~ 191.5 (very much needed down day )
Old 07-21-2014, 08:38 AM   #1835

Jen~thanks for the vote of confidence! Hopefully your stall won't last long, that is frustrating.

Pati~You can still eat fruit and be low carb but I think the rule of thumb is to lower the fat if you're adding fruit (?)...not sure. I too would love to be down 15 lbs...so I totally understand. Hope your DD goes well today!

I now know why I've been in a mental funk and more hungry, TOM is coming today
Old 07-21-2014, 01:09 PM   #1836
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/25%BF/20%BF Size 26/6-8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Thanks Julie, I hope I can get a good plan together that will get me moving again. I just don't want my body to feel this weight is ok to stay at..

I know how you feel about eating something that may not really be worth the calories... I tend to do that too darn much!. Working on it! Congrats on both your DD playing together!! How fun!! 100 degrees?? YOWZA no thanks..

Have a wonderful evening!!!
We were all pretty wiped out after the heat! sometimes it's ok to rest a bit between weight loss stages. There is some good to refueling, reassuring your body you're not out to starve it, and letting your mind and body rest a bit. My problem is that I get too comfortable there and don't want to get sacrificing again . You'll figure it out! Hope work's getting calmer for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
quick drive by!

Julie~I've been there too so understand overeating when too hungry. You can correct any 'damage' with a couple of good eating days. Yes, it's hard to manage eating low cals when unexpected events happen that I can't plan for, ugh. I know it was nice to see your DDs playing together.

Deb~I'm with ya. To add insult to me mentally, I tried on a cute pair of capris yesterday and it's too tight or more snug than I'd like to wear out of the house. Yeah, I guess an additional 15 lbs can do that I'm in such a funky head space now...but, it's Monday too

Jan~ congrats on doing well with JUDDD and to your niece and turning 16!!

Everyone else, hope you're all okay and had a great weekend!
Sorry you're in a funk . I get that! The capris could be a good motivator? I like something I can touch and feel as a goal. I've got a wedding in MN Labor Day weekend, (bil) and would love to look smoking hot! I'm the same age as the brides mother! But will be the brides SIL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Happy Monday All! It looks like things were pretty active and fun here! I have hit my first JUDDD stall/I don't know if you would call it that, but it's frustrating me right now. I'm one of the most patient and impatient people you will ever meet! lol...

Julie- How is the exercise queen? I hope you were good to yourself and the girls won their vball games!
Shari- So glad to see you are back. Don't worry, those capris will be too big soon enough.
Deb-How's the new job/promotion? Are you still training?
Gracie/Jan-Hi beautifuls! I hope all have a great Monday. I'll be in training this morning

Weight:
July 1st- 244 (DD)
July 4th- 247 (UD)
July 6th- 246.5 (UD)
July 7th-DNW (DD)
July 8th -245.6 (UD)
July 9th- 246 (DD)
July 10th- 246.8 (UD)
July 11th- 247.6 (DD) 2200 cals finally got to my UD Cal limit-This is my "real start"
July 13th- 246.2 (DD)
July 15th- 244.6 (DD)
July 16th- 243.4 (UD)
July 17th- 244.2 (DD)
July 19th-243.8 (DD)
July 20- 244.4 (UD)
July 21- 244.4 (DD)

Sorry for the still, but hope it's short lived! Hope you had a good weekend! I'm plugging along at the gym. Doing 2-3 days of lifting and at least 1 day of cardio (Zumba! ). Hope to make it a lifestyle and see the results of it soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Good morning beauties

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I know I did. TOO MUCH! I'm with Shari. My rotations are nil during the last two or three weekends. My weight doesn't seem to be fluctuating too much but I know this WOE won't work unless I follow it completely. Unfortunately, this week is a MESS for me to say "I will stick to it 100%".

Let's see. Today is a down day I'm good.
Tomorrow and up day...I'm good.
Wednesday a down day but a big party for my boss who is retiring (I AM SO SAD!!! I AM GONNA MISS HIM SOOOOOO MUCH! He's like my dad here at work )
Thursday - Sunday camping

As I showered this morning I considered making this week purely low carbs (atkins style) to which I nixed ASAP (I LOVE FRUIT YOU GUYS! LOL)

I'm not quite sure how to approach the week....I need a down day tho so today I am sticking with it.

I would LOVE to get 15 lbs off (or at best be 180) by the end of August so I can show off at an event DH and I are going to but I won't get there at this pace! LOL Not stressed. SO NOT GONNA STRESS 'BOUT IT

So here are my #s. (As you'll note below - my weight is not fluctuating THAT much but I know better than to be too lax about it)

Here we go for July:
July goal is 185

7/2 ~ 190 (up day today)
7/9 ~ 190.5 ( up day today - wonky week. working the down days in as much as possible)
7/11 ~ 189 (camping)
7/12 ~ DNW (camping)
7/13 ~ DNW (camping)
7/14 ~ DNW (camping)
7/19 ~ 191 (up day)
7/20 ~ 190.5 (up day)
7/21 ~ 191.5 (very much needed down day )
Sorry about your boss bummer. I'm shooting for looking Hawt by the end of August too! I'm hoping the weight training and maybe even some fat loss will help me be smoking for that trip! we can do it! Good choices now to look great later!!

Good weight lifting at the gym this morning. Scale up from indulging all weekend-155.6. Not awful, but I would love to drop back to lower in the 50's. Gonna go lower carb this week. But that includes fruit for me, and my full fat GY and nuts too I'm doing an 80:20 approach, low carb m-f and more freedom on the weekend. I'd dearly love to see 149 on the scale, but not sure I want to go super LC to make that happen, if it'd even work? My metabolism and temps are great right now. I don't want to mess with them.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post17065682
Old 07-21-2014, 07:31 PM   #1837
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Indigo-65
Stats: SW212 CW212 GW145
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Everyday!
Hello everyone, Yesterday was suppose to be a DD but was out of town most of the day. I ended up eating waayyy over mt calorie limit so today is a DD for me again. Made it okay but still pretty hungry. guess I'll go to bed early
Old 07-22-2014, 07:12 AM   #1838
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Shari, Deb, Julie, Jan, Pati and Gracie!

The stall is over and I saw a new number this morning

Weight:
July 1st- 244 (DD)
July 4th- 247 (UD)
July 6th- 246.5 (UD)
July 7th-DNW (DD)
July 8th -245.6 (UD)
July 9th- 246 (DD)
July 10th- 246.8 (UD)
July 13th- 246.2 (DD)
July 15th- 244.6 (DD)
July 16th- 243.4 (UD)
July 17th- 244.2 (DD)
July 19th-243.8 (DD)
July 20- 244.4 (UD)
July 21- 244.4 (DD)
July 22- 242.6 (UD)

Jan-Sorry that the DD didn't work out for you yesterday. I know that feeling and my suggestion is to not let it bother you. JUDDD is very forgiving and we are all human. Do the best you can and get back into the swing of things
Julie-I love your plan. The exercise and being kind to yourself. You really are a maintenance queen. I remember you on the different boards...you are much kinder to yourself now and have a better outlook I think. Not that you didn't then...I like you in this place of peace
Deb-Sorry the experiment didn't prove fast results for you. I know that must be irritating to the bone since we have both seen extreme weight loss results with HCG. It spoils us!
Shari-The stall is over for now. I'm hoping to still reach 240 this month and to keep on track. Those capris are the perfect motivator I think.
Gracie-Hope all is well..I miss your menus...yum!
Pati-cake-I am sorry your boss is retiring. I hope you sent him off with a bang. Also, about the camping trips...you are really holding well! I think that you are seeing a glimpse of what maintenance will be like for you. I try to wrap my head around maintenance and it never ceases to amaze me. We are going to be constantly fighting this battle.

I'll be back later to check on y'all. I have a career fair today at work. My job is big on promoting within and need to make sure I align with the right group when it's time to make a move. I still don't know what that is so I'm hoping for a glimpse of what is out there for me.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:42 AM   #1839
Big Yapper!!!!

Terrific Tuesday my loves

Summer is FINALLY HERE (well at least for us in Chicago...I think Julie has been keeping it by her all this time )

Ok a little time free right now before everything gets going and I start losing my mind

Julie - You're doing so well with the weight training. Definitely will help you look HOTTER than you are by end of August! You know, I want to lose those 15 lbs soooooo badly that I am actually considering a very very short round
KUTGW sunshine

Shari - Sorry you were in a funky mood yesterday. I'm hoping today is better for you. I think you should make those capris a goal!! You'll feel 500x's better when you get in em! I did that with a pair of jeans. I couldn't get them on (day after Easter). Today they look fabulous on And even tho I am not truly losing right now, whenever I get those jeans on I just feel sooooooo good knowing where I started Good luck love.

Jen - OMG You are sooooooo close to your July goal!! Look at you hot momma! YOU GOT THIS!

Deb - How's it going with the new job?!? Miss ya!! How's the woe?

Jan - Hoping your tummy is better? Have a great DD today!

Graciepoo!?!?!? Where are you?!?!?!?

Stina - How are you love?

Well, here's a lil' update from me...As mentioned I'm pretty much stuck at the current #s. Not mad about it as I know I'm not doing rotations 100% like I should. As a matter of fact, I feel pretty darn good. Yesterday I managed a day w/o actual food which for me is quite difficult to do. I didn't eat cuz after work DH and I were out and about running errands. By the time I finally made it home it was 9:30 PM. I decided it was too late to actually cook and eat anything so I made an almond milk/banana smoothie. It was so yum. Hit the spot and I was able to sleep satiated
Upday today.

Here is where I stand right now....Definitely won't hit my July goal. I'm ok with it tho. As I mentioned, I "may" do a short round to get rid of a few lbs before our big party in August. I want to see what I did before tho. Did I go straight to JUDDD? Did I do Atkins between the "half arsed round" I did? (we are talkers and I'd have to go way back quite some pages! ) Oh well, we will see what the beginning of August brings me

Here we go for July:
July goal is 185

7/2 ~ 190 (up day today)
7/11 ~ 189 (camping)
7/12 ~ DNW (camping)
7/13 ~ DNW (camping)
7/14 ~ DNW (camping)
7/19 ~ 191 (up day)
7/20 ~ 190.5 (up day)
7/21 ~ 191.5 (very much needed down day)
7/22 ~ 189.5 (up day today)
Old 07-22-2014, 09:36 AM   #1840
Blabbermouth!!!

Okay today is my official weigh in day.
7/8/14 -212lbs
7/15/14 -210lbs
7/22/14 -210lbs

No weight loss this week. Hopefully things will change next week and I will see a loss. On a good note, my tummy seems flatter and clothes are fitting a little better. Off to enjoy the day. Up day to day
Will chat later!
Old 07-22-2014, 01:17 PM   #1841
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tommyswife
Stats: 222.5/209.5/180 R1000 P2
WOE: Homeopathic HCG
hi Jan....
Old 07-22-2014, 01:20 PM   #1842
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyswife View Post
hi Jan....
Hello Shirl, what been up? I just came back a couple of week ago and trying to be successful on JUDDD. I really miss all of you all and so glad you checked in!!!

Last edited by Indigo-65; 07-22-2014 at 01:26 PM..
Old 07-22-2014, 04:32 PM   #1843
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Good morning Shari, Deb, Julie, Jan, Pati and Gracie!

The stall is over and I saw a new number this morning

Weight:
July 1st- 244 (DD)
July 4th- 247 (UD)
July 6th- 246.5 (UD)
July 7th-DNW (DD)
July 8th -245.6 (UD)
July 9th- 246 (DD)
July 10th- 246.8 (UD)
July 13th- 246.2 (DD)
July 15th- 244.6 (DD)
July 16th- 243.4 (UD)
July 17th- 244.2 (DD)
July 19th-243.8 (DD)
July 20- 244.4 (UD)
July 21- 244.4 (DD)
July 22- 242.6 (UD)

Jan-Sorry that the DD didn't work out for you yesterday. I know that feeling and my suggestion is to not let it bother you. JUDDD is very forgiving and we are all human. Do the best you can and get back into the swing of things
Julie-I love your plan. The exercise and being kind to yourself. You really are a maintenance queen. I remember you on the different boards...you are much kinder to yourself now and have a better outlook I think. Not that you didn't then...I like you in this place of peace
Deb-Sorry the experiment didn't prove fast results for you. I know that must be irritating to the bone since we have both seen extreme weight loss results with HCG. It spoils us!
Shari-The stall is over for now. I'm hoping to still reach 240 this month and to keep on track. Those capris are the perfect motivator I think.
Gracie-Hope all is well..I miss your menus...yum!
Pati-cake-I am sorry your boss is retiring. I hope you sent him off with a bang. Also, about the camping trips...you are really holding well! I think that you are seeing a glimpse of what maintenance will be like for you. I try to wrap my head around maintenance and it never ceases to amaze me. We are going to be constantly fighting this battle.

I'll be back later to check on y'all. I have a career fair today at work. My job is big on promoting within and need to make sure I align with the right group when it's time to make a move. I still don't know what that is so I'm hoping for a glimpse of what is out there for me.
WTG!! You hung in there through an unfair stall and now you're losing well again!! thanks! I think my perspective on my "goal" has changed in recent months. I'm still well padded, don't get me wrong, but I'm pretty content here most of the time! Hope you find something new and exciting to shoot for at work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12yrslater View Post
Terrific Tuesday my loves

Summer is FINALLY HERE (well at least for us in Chicago...I think Julie has been keeping it by her all this time )

Ok a little time free right now before everything gets going and I start losing my mind

Julie - You're doing so well with the weight training. Definitely will help you look HOTTER than you are by end of August! You know, I want to lose those 15 lbs soooooo badly that I am actually considering a very very short round
KUTGW sunshine

Shari - Sorry you were in a funky mood yesterday. I'm hoping today is better for you. I think you should make those capris a goal!! You'll feel 500x's better when you get in em! I did that with a pair of jeans. I couldn't get them on (day after Easter). Today they look fabulous on And even tho I am not truly losing right now, whenever I get those jeans on I just feel sooooooo good knowing where I started Good luck love.

Jen - OMG You are sooooooo close to your July goal!! Look at you hot momma! YOU GOT THIS!

Deb - How's it going with the new job?!? Miss ya!! How's the woe?

Jan - Hoping your tummy is better? Have a great DD today!

Graciepoo!?!?!? Where are you?!?!?!?

Stina - How are you love?

Well, here's a lil' update from me...As mentioned I'm pretty much stuck at the current #s. Not mad about it as I know I'm not doing rotations 100% like I should. As a matter of fact, I feel pretty darn good. Yesterday I managed a day w/o actual food which for me is quite difficult to do. I didn't eat cuz after work DH and I were out and about running errands. By the time I finally made it home it was 9:30 PM. I decided it was too late to actually cook and eat anything so I made an almond milk/banana smoothie. It was so yum. Hit the spot and I was able to sleep satiated
Upday today.

Here is where I stand right now....Definitely won't hit my July goal. I'm ok with it tho. As I mentioned, I "may" do a short round to get rid of a few lbs before our big party in August. I want to see what I did before tho. Did I go straight to JUDDD? Did I do Atkins between the "half arsed round" I did? (we are talkers and I'd have to go way back quite some pages! ) Oh well, we will see what the beginning of August brings me

Here we go for July:
July goal is 185

7/2 ~ 190 (up day today)
7/11 ~ 189 (camping)
7/12 ~ DNW (camping)
7/13 ~ DNW (camping)
7/14 ~ DNW (camping)
7/19 ~ 191 (up day)
7/20 ~ 190.5 (up day)
I always toy with another round, but know I don't have time now before my trip. I'm going for a weekend in Ca mid August and want to enjoy it too. If I do another round it'll be after Labor Day. No biggie. Hope you're back on the rhythm and getting close to your goal! Camping will be challenging, but even a Few MDs will help in there .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo-65 View Post
Okay today is my official weigh in day.
7/8/14 -212lbs
7/15/14 -210lbs
7/22/14 -210lbs

No weight loss this week. Hopefully things will change next week and I will see a loss. On a good note, my tummy seems flatter and clothes are fitting a little better. Off to enjoy the day. Up day to day
Will chat later!
I love that tummy flatter feeling!, woohoo! Hope the scale catches up to it!

Well, I got a good weight training workout in yesterday, BUT, I pulled a muscle in my lower back yesterday at the gym . It's the same spot I throw out every 6 months or so. . Bummer! I've been trying to improve my strength training routine and now this? Not sure if I'll be able to keep exercising? I'm gonna try Zumba tomorrow after lots of ibuprofen. If I can do that, I'll be pleased! I want to lift too, but will wait for another day for that. I'm sure my back will complain about that! I was just changing my training to be more compound exercises (squats, dead lifts, lat pulls) more muscle groups worked at one time vs. isolated ones like bicep curls or lateral raises to target my shoulders. Sigh. I will try to keep moving forward but listen to my back too.

And the scale was up to 157.5 today! I ate low carb yesterday and was hoping to be down, not up! Maybe it's sore muscles? I sure hope so! Tried Sticking to LC again today, but dd shared her Blizzard with me . Hope to whittle some of this back down! Maybe lowered calories will help? Hmmm. I'll figure something out .
Old 07-23-2014, 05:28 AM   #1844

GM ladies,

Julie~sorry you hurt your back again, hopefully it won't throw you out of exercising the way you want for too long...however, good for you to going back to the gym! Gained weight is probably more from your body healing/muscle soreness. It'll go back down.

Jan~you're doing wonderfully well!! Congrats on the NSVs too...the body does transform under JUDDD.

Pati~love your post! You're doing well too especially with having a lot of events going on. Sorry to hear about your boss retiring, I remember you saying years ago how close and wonderful he is...whoever replaces him have HUGE shoes to fill! Although you said you're not doing rotations 100%, the benefits are already showing from JUDDD...to go a whole day w/o food or the thought of food consuming you enough to just splurge, and then only have a smoothie, call it a night?? ...FANTASTIC!! That's an example of a perfect DD and so healthy for your body.

Jen~congrats on seeing lower numbers!! You definitely can make your July goal!

Deb and Gracie...hope you're all okay, just busy???

Stina~still thinking positive thoughts for your recovery and hopefully surgery was successful

I'm better, especially since TOM should be leaving soon. I'm going to a bday party with G over the weekend, and to share honest thoughts, I keep wanting to bail because I feel so 'fat' (don't mean to offend anyone using that word, it's how I feel about myself) and since I can't wear my cute, smaller clothes now I don't feel good about myself and my insecurity has heightened. It's all me as G loves me the way I am and I know nobody else really care that I've gained weight...it's so mental for me. I know this, but it's causing me to feel like I've failed at my goals that I wanted to hit each month so now I'm paying for it. I'm trying to let this insecurity and negative thoughts go but it's hard when I'm so critical of myself. I wasn't even going to type this stuff (again) but instead of 'taking a break from the threads' like I do sometimes when feeling this way, I read a post by a JUDDD poster that reminded me that it's times like this that I need to stay around and get support the most. I've considered every diet plan out there again, but I keep remembering a book I just read that said problems with binge eaters (like myself) is that constant restriction with eating is what leads to binges later and the cycle continues...which is why I chose JUDDD in the first place, to let go of food restrictions but understanding that calorie restriction health wise is beneficial and hey, dropping a few pounds along with it certainly can't hurt me It's shameful to me to type this craziness, but I feel that I need to do this as a way to let some of this stuff go. I apologize in advance for the repetitive, negative posts lately from me, hopefully as I work on myself that will lessen. I appreciate you all.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:04 AM   #1845

Just a quick drop in, as my new job is driving me bonkers .. Just lots to learn and it is taking time.. So I wanted to let you know I am fine, just busy!

Shari, I could have written your words myself!!! I am in the same exact spot, not wanting to really be social because ugh I keep gaining right now.. not sure why other than stress eating maybe.. So I will have to just get myself straightened out quickly before I gain my HCG weight back!..

I hope everyone is doing well, I just don't have time to respond, but I try to read and I am rooting for everyone!!! Miss you ALL!!!..

I will TRY to be back at lunch, it is sure a chore to get online (other than work)
Old 07-23-2014, 08:58 AM   #1846
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
GM ladies,

Julie~sorry you hurt your back again, hopefully it won't throw you out of exercising the way you want for too long...however, good for you to going back to the gym! Gained weight is probably more from your body healing/muscle soreness. It'll go back down.

Jan~you're doing wonderfully well!! Congrats on the NSVs too...the body does transform under JUDDD.

Pati~love your post! You're doing well too especially with having a lot of events going on. Sorry to hear about your boss retiring, I remember you saying years ago how close and wonderful he is...whoever replaces him have HUGE shoes to fill! Although you said you're not doing rotations 100%, the benefits are already showing from JUDDD...to go a whole day w/o food or the thought of food consuming you enough to just splurge, and then only have a smoothie, call it a night?? ...FANTASTIC!! That's an example of a perfect DD and so healthy for your body.

Jen~congrats on seeing lower numbers!! You definitely can make your July goal!

Deb and Gracie...hope you're all okay, just busy???

Stina~still thinking positive thoughts for your recovery and hopefully surgery was successful

I'm better, especially since TOM should be leaving soon. I'm going to a bday party with G over the weekend, and to share honest thoughts, I keep wanting to bail because I feel so 'fat' (don't mean to offend anyone using that word, it's how I feel about myself) and since I can't wear my cute, smaller clothes now I don't feel good about myself and my insecurity has heightened. It's all me as G loves me the way I am and I know nobody else really care that I've gained weight...it's so mental for me. I know this, but it's causing me to feel like I've failed at my goals that I wanted to hit each month so now I'm paying for it. I'm trying to let this insecurity and negative thoughts go but it's hard when I'm so critical of myself. I wasn't even going to type this stuff (again) but instead of 'taking a break from the threads' like I do sometimes when feeling this way, I read a post by a JUDDD poster that reminded me that it's times like this that I need to stay around and get support the most. I've considered every diet plan out there again, but I keep remembering a book I just read that said problems with binge eaters (like myself) is that constant restriction with eating is what leads to binges later and the cycle continues...which is why I chose JUDDD in the first place, to let go of food restrictions but understanding that calorie restriction health wise is beneficial and hey, dropping a few pounds along with it certainly can't hurt me It's shameful to me to type this craziness, but I feel that I need to do this as a way to let some of this stuff go. I apologize in advance for the repetitive, negative posts lately from me, hopefully as I work on myself that will lessen. I appreciate you all.
I can totally relate to this post!! Thank you for sharing it with us!! I know that took great humility and vulnerability! Please know, like deb said, that we could have written this post ourselves too! That feeling of failure, feeling "fat" - no better way to put that, I so get it! and the negative self image is just too familiar to me. I often feel this way. I have good days, and moments, but i also have lots of bad ones-trying on clothes, seeing others who are way thinner and more fit, realizing how far you have yet to go.... i have those Ups and downs, but sometimes the downs are too frequent . Like you said, G loves you just the way you are, and no one will look at you and think "she's gained weight". They won't notice at all, but we know. We know how we want to look and that rare feeling of dressing up, feeling good, looking good...it is just not happening right now. But, still, finding something decent to wear (with high camouflage effect) , doing hair and makeup, and having a good time with friends is still a good thing. I have been trying to do more of this myself. Even when I feel fat, I'm trying to "fake it until I make it!" we all know it takes time to make permanent changes, you are taking control and doing greAT with JUDDD. Be patient and kind to yourself. You are not where you want to be (yet!) but you are not where you used to be. You are a beautiful woman, a work in progress and you will get to your goal!! Hang in there sweetie! And come here and vent away!! It helps me to know I'm not alone in this battle!

Quote:
Just a quick drop in, as my new job is driving me bonkers .. Just lots to learn and it is taking time.. So I wanted to let you know I am fine, just busy!

Shari, I could have written your words myself!!! I am in the same exact spot, not wanting to really be social because ugh I keep gaining right now.. not sure why other than stress eating maybe.. So I will have to just get myself straightened out quickly before I gain my HCG weight back!..

I hope everyone is doing well, I just don't have time to respond, but I try to read and I am rooting for everyone!!! Miss you ALL!!!..

I will TRY to be back at lunch, it is sure a chore to get online (other than work)
Busy lady! Glad you're doing well!! Sorry work is still so demanding. Keep fighting the fight my friend!!

everyone else!
Old 07-23-2014, 09:01 AM   #1847
Big Yapper!!!!

I'm still up . 156.7! i don't want my body to be comfortable up here!! i can see and feel it! Can't figure out what's going on, unless it's a rebound from my short failed round? Or maybe from weight training, which I'm trying to intensify-except for the pulled back muscle which is forcing a rest time I'm going to do a gycd today, mostly to clean out and hopefully reset a bit. I haven't done one is ages and kind of miss it. Going to skip Zumba today . Even thought my BFF is going! I am hoping a little short term rest will help my back heal faster.

I'm also researching eating plans that will help be lose some fat while I'm building muscle and I'm intrigued by Tom Venuto's BFFM (burn the fat feed the muscle) which is a calorie zig zag approach. I'm liking it, as it'll provide enough fuel for workouts without causing starvation mode, while still (theoretically) causing a deficit enough to shed some fat.

Here's the recommendations for me:

RESULTS

Total Calories Including Exercise

Maintenance 1916 CALORIES/DAY
Fat Loss 1533 CALORIES/DAY
Extreme Fat Loss 1240 CALORIES/DAY
7 day calorie cycle (zig-zag)
Maintain Fat Loss Extreme Fat Loss
Monday 1916 1533 1240
Tuesday 1533 1240 1240
Wed. 2300. 1840 1488
Thursday 1916 1533 1240
Friday 1725 1380 1240
Saturday 2108 1686 1364
Sunday 1916 1533 1240

So, my new plan is to follow these calorie rotations, focusing on lower carb, healthy food options, while hitting the gym 4x a week. Current plan is to lift following NROLFW 3x week and Zumba or some fun cardio 1-2x a week. I may move the days around so that my highest calorie day falls on Saturday since that is when I'm usually most indulgent. I'll also allow more carbs items on that higher day. I'm hoping to get back down to a comfy range with just my gycd and then start the rotations. I just feel thick right now, and want to feel lean.

No, if only my back will agree to this plan! Doing GY today and hope to be back under 155 soon,
Old 07-23-2014, 09:19 AM   #1848

Deb and Julie~ thanks so much for validating my feelings and helping me to know I'm not alone! One day, I'm confident that it will come together. Cliche' I know, but it's a sincere statement.

Julie~like what I read, seems like a great, realistic plan. Hopeful too that your back will heal and you'll be able to add exercise again.

I'm starting rotations with dedication again, I feel right now it's what I need that will allow me to not feel so restricted and open more time for reading and healing vs. going to food for comfort especially on DDs (how I've been able to read more LOL). Today I'm making a DD so Saturday, bday party day, I'll be able to enjoy as an UD.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #1849

Julie, I have read that plan and thought of doing it in the past, let me know how it goes.. I think we ALL have these feelings of self loathing.. BUT.. it can turn, and I know it will for all of us!

Shari.. girl you are quite welcome!.. that is why we are here.. ( when I can!!) to help each other work through these feelings..

You getting right back into your rotations sounds like a wonderful thing for you.. and doing the reading always helps me..

Now I need to pep talk myself also.. I know what to do.. I have the skills.. I have all the tools.. just do it!..
Old 07-24-2014, 07:39 AM   #1850
Major LCF Poster!

Hi and happy Thursday to my beauty Queens!! I missed y'all so much. I had a very busy day yesterday, but read everything and wanted to share a moment of weakness with each of you. Even though I see the scale inching down; I am so tempted to try HCG again. I'm so happy with my weight loss so far but I want faster results. I think I am mostly tempted by my tracker saying that I would be 225 in 5 weeks if I kept to eating 500 calories or less. That would be an awesome loss...my fear is that I would eventually eat more and then what...balloon up again??!! No, thank you! So, my dears...I am going to give JUDDD until the end of July. If I cannot get to 240; I'm going to do VLC with homeopathic HCG and get the rest of this blasted weight off. I have a lap band for pete's sake! I can get away with eating under 500 calories with ease...I need support from y'all...what should I do. I desperately want to get this weight off.

This morning, I did see a new low:

Weight:
July 1st- 244 (DD)
July 4th- 247 (UD)
July 6th- 246.5 (UD)
July 7th-DNW (DD)
July 8th -245.6 (UD)
July 9th- 246 (DD)
July 10th- 246.8 (UD)
July 13th- 246.2 (DD)
July 15th- 244.6 (DD)
July 16th- 243.4 (UD)
July 17th- 244.2 (DD)
July 19th-243.8 (DD)
July 20- 244.4 (UD)
July 21- 244.4 (DD)
July 22- 242.6 (UD)
July 23- 243.4 (DD) 487 calories
July 24- 242 (UD)

I'm so close to goal...I can taste it
Old 07-24-2014, 07:50 AM   #1851
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Deb and Julie~ thanks so much for validating my feelings and helping me to know I'm not alone! One day, I'm confident that it will come together. Cliche' I know, but it's a sincere statement.

Julie~like what I read, seems like a great, realistic plan. Hopeful too that your back will heal and you'll be able to add exercise again.

I'm starting rotations with dedication again, I feel right now it's what I need that will allow me to not feel so restricted and open more time for reading and healing vs. going to food for comfort especially on DDs (how I've been able to read more LOL). Today I'm making a DD so Saturday, bday party day, I'll be able to enjoy as an UD.
This is the best place to be when you are feeling these feelings. Trust me...I know this.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:09 AM   #1852

GM ladies, happy Thursday!

Jen~ WOW, you're rocking it congrats!! I still think you'll make your goal and probably lower by the beginning of August. To answer your question if you're mentally ready and able to do a round I'd say do it! I'm a true believer and will vow to the moon and back that it's one of the best plans out there...but you definitely have to be mentally ready to make that sacrifice for 3 weeks...if you're there, go for it! I believe that's the feeling I'm wanting again...how proud and wonderful I feel after losing the weight and the inches are amazing too! I may join you if I find that I'm ready as I'm always teetering on doing another round

Deb~you're so right! Thanks hun, you're priceless

Hope everyone else is okay...wondering how Stina is doing...and Gracie. Did she say she was going on vacation?
Old 07-24-2014, 08:12 AM   #1853
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Julie, I have read that plan and thought of doing it in the past, let me know how it goes.. I think we ALL have these feelings of self loathing.. BUT.. it can turn, and I know it will for all of us!

Shari.. girl you are quite welcome!.. that is why we are here.. ( when I can!!) to help each other work through these feelings..

You getting right back into your rotations sounds like a wonderful thing for you.. and doing the reading always helps me..

Now I need to pep talk myself also.. I know what to do.. I have the skills.. I have all the tools.. just do it!..
Ah, the famous line from Nike...just do it! Good, timeless advice!

Quote:
Hi and happy Thursday to my beauty Queens!! I missed y'all so much. I had a very busy day yesterday, but read everything and wanted to share a moment of weakness with each of you. Even though I see the scale inching down; I am so tempted to try HCG again. I'm so happy with my weight loss so far but I want faster results. I think I am mostly tempted by my tracker saying that I would be 225 in 5 weeks if I kept to eating 500 calories or less. That would be an awesome loss...my fear is that I would eventually eat more and then what...balloon up again??!! No, thank you! So, my dears...I am going to give JUDDD until the end of July. If I cannot get to 240; I'm going to do VLC with homeopathic HCG and get the rest of this blasted weight off. I have a lap band for pete's sake! I can get away with eating under 500 calories with ease...I need support from y'all...what should I do. I desperately want to get this weight off.

This morning, I did see a new low:

Weight:
July 1st- 244 (DD)
July 4th- 247 (UD)
July 6th- 246.5 (UD)
July 7th-DNW (DD)
July 8th -245.6 (UD)
July 9th- 246 (DD)
July 10th- 246.8 (UD)
July 13th- 246.2 (DD)
July 15th- 244.6 (DD)
July 16th- 243.4 (UD)
July 17th- 244.2 (DD)
July 19th-243.8 (DD)
July 20- 244.4 (UD)
July 21- 244.4 (DD)
July 22- 242.6 (UD)
July 23- 243.4 (DD) 487 calories
July 24- 242 (UD)

I'm so close to goal...I can taste it
I had to at this! I was thinking about it myself when I woke up this morning! I realize that even though hcg works, I need to be prepared that it's not as fast as I think it is. It's a full 9 weeks and I usually only lose about 10 real lbs from a round. So, in reality, I should be able to lose 1 lb/week on other plans. But, often my body will resist and won't allow more loss. Which is why I turned to hcg in the first place! IF you can stick with juddd a bit longer and really lose on it, I think it would be the better option. If it's not working for you, you can always do hcg. But you're so far into Juddd, give it a good shot before stopping. That's just my $0.02. Hth!

My gycd dropped me 3 lbs! Must have had some serious water retention! And my cals were over 1500! I'll take it! My back is feeling somewhat better, so that is likely part of that gain too? Feel much better at 153.7...why does the scale impact me so? I will say that post gycd I have a flatter belly which is always nice to!

Trying to combine the zone, with BFFM (waiting for the book, ordered it from my library) and start the calorie rotations at least. Going to "zone" in the sense that 40%of my calories should come from carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein . That's a big jump on carbs for me!! But, they will be "healthy ones"-fruit, oatmeal, sweet potato... Theoretically . I'm dressed to workout, but not sure ill push it much with my back still healing. I may just lift lighter...but will listen to my body .

I'm feeling good! It's a nice change from earlier this week. Even trying on clothes and not liking what I saw at ALL! I'm still ok. I'm going to work this plan, hit the gym more, and see how it goes. As long as the scale doesn't climb above 155 I won't panic.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:20 AM   #1854
Big Yapper!!!!

Drive by post...Had an extremely emotional evening yesterday. Not at the party but when I got home. Nothing more than feeling BEAT (emotionally, physically, mentally). I just came home and cried my heart out. I am drained. New boss is overwhelming. Old boss is leaving next week. School. Family, Normally I'm not overly emotional and push feelings deep down but from time to time I let it alllll out. This camping trip is very much needed!!! I was packing this morning and was about to pack some work in my bag and I absolutely said (in my head) NO WAY!!! I need to disconnect from the world and enjoy. That's exactly what I intend to do.

Diet wise I managed the party well. I ate small portions. Didn't drink alcohol either. I was rewarded with a new # (I think? I don't think I've seen the 188s yet? The wonders of JUDDD even when you don't follow too well, a few rotations and you're back on track. Definitely loving it

Here we go for July:
July goal is 185

7/2 ~ 190 (up day today)
7/11 ~ 189 (camping)
7/12 ~ DNW (camping)
7/13 ~ DNW (camping)
7/14 ~ DNW (camping)
7/19 ~ 191 (up day)
7/20 ~ 190.5 (up day)
7/23 ~ 190.5 (supposed to be a dd today...boss's retirement party soooooo?!?)
7/24 ~ 188.5 (up day today - managed the party EXTREMELY well!!!!)

I hope you are all well my loves...Wish I had internet at campsites so I can spend time online with y'all Missing you all...

I'm on my way out the door (sitting here 1/2 dressed lol).

Hope you all have a FANTASTIC WEEKEND!!!!
Old 07-24-2014, 11:37 AM   #1855
Big Yapper!!!!

Pati-I'm the same way. When you let it all out you're all drained and worn out afterwards. I'm so happy you'll get to go camping! I'm jealous! Would love to join you! Camping is so much fun! relaxing, beautiful, nature enjoy! And congrats on the new low! Juddd definitely works for you!!

I just hit the gym! Did a full weight training workout (Nrol) even squats and other back work! My back was a bit sore at first, but feels good now! yay!! Just made a protein shake-choc protein pwdr, coconut milk and a frozen banana (few ice cubes too). It was really yummy!! Haven't had a banana in years... Adding in more healthy carbs is going to be fun!
Old 07-24-2014, 08:37 PM   #1856
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening lady loves! I am still mulling over the idea. Therefore, I don't know if I'm ready. I will continue to do what I am doing and then take a small break in San Francisco. Then I'll decide when I get back. Who needs the pressure! Lol...

I am a stuffed turkey tonight and ready for my DD tomorrow. I love love love DD's. Unfortunately TOM will probably steal my thunder for a few days.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:53 AM   #1857
Big Yapper!!!!

Jen-definitely wait until you're ready! Even then it still hard! and SanFran? I love it there!! Such a beautiful city and lovely area! You'll have a wonderful time!

I'm doing fine. My back feels pretty good this morning! I'm taking a day off of training today, gonna swim at my mom's community pool and it'll be a light cardio day. Then I'll lift again tomorrow and stick my 3 days of weights 1-2 cardio plan.

My weight is stable at 153 this morning. I've added carbs back in successfully. I even had a real sandwich with bread yesterday! going for pizza tonight! Hoping the combo of zone and BFFM works well! So far, so good! I seem to do better with some structure-the calorie goal and macros give me some guidelines to follow.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:01 AM   #1858
Blabbermouth!!!

Hello everyone, sorry I have not checked in lately but been very extremely busy, I will be out of town this weekend and Monday and Tuesday at a meeting. I start back to work on July 31st and I will not be able to check in with you all because this site is blocked at work. I will be checking in the afternoon after I get home.
DD today and I am prepared.
Later
Old 07-25-2014, 10:09 AM   #1859
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Jen-definitely wait until you're ready! Even then it still hard! and SanFran? I love it there!! Such a beautiful city and lovely area! You'll have a wonderful time!

I'm doing fine. My back feels pretty good this morning! I'm taking a day off of training today, gonna swim at my mom's community pool and it'll be a light cardio day. Then I'll lift again tomorrow and stick my 3 days of weights 1-2 cardio plan.

My weight is stable at 153 this morning. I've added carbs back in successfully. I even had a real sandwich with bread yesterday! going for pizza tonight! Hoping the combo of zone and BFFM works well! So far, so good! I seem to do better with some structure-the calorie goal and macros give me some guidelines to follow.
Hey Julie! That is great news about adding carbs back successfully. You always do great with the GY

I will definitely keep going with Juddd. Especially since I'm so indecisive at the moment. DD for me today and I'm starting to get a little hungry. I typically eat a small lunch and small dinner. Since I'm home I may have DH make my favorite cabbage dish. Yum!
Old 07-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #1860
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Coming out of hiding! Lol!

Heya remember me?

Closed Thread